Danger || Narry AU ✔

By MagicNarry

Complete Niall Horan, one of the last surviving members of the “Crimson Clan” a dwindling group of rebel drag... More

Danger (Narry AU)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Extra: Q&A
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
Thank you
Soundtrack

Chapter 35

2.2K 114 141
By MagicNarry

Wheyhey! Another update for my amazing readers? Check.

Dedication: @_larrys_boobear_, @taryneckert, @XxLifeIsGoodxX, @NarryDirectioner123, @obsessedwith5boys, and @SmilingNiallxxx.

Answer: Snapback, badass, quiff/glasses (the two are tied aha)

P.S Your jokes are ace. I laughed harder than I probably should have.

SONG ON THE SIDE SETS THE MOOD.

Words: 3,618 

Enjoy!

{WARNING: Content in this chapter may be triggering. If violence is triggering for you, please don’t read this chapter. Message me or comment on this chapter and I’ll give you a summary. This chapter will contain violence, torture and graphic scenes. If you’re squeamish, or if any of those are triggering, please don’t read this chapter. I don’t want anyone to feel uncomfortable or triggered because of a stupid chapter. }

-----------

~Harry~

I sighed deeply, the light filtering in through the small hole in the top of the cell waking me up. My back hurt slightly from the uncomfortably hard ground, my eyes burned from the lack of sleep. I could only have dosed off for a few hours, the smell waking me up every so often along with the nightmares and troubling thoughts that came with the knowledge of what would happen today. I honestly wasn’t prepared for what would happen, I wasn’t prepared for this. But it was a way to keep Niall safe, and that’s all I could hope to accomplish in my life.

The telltale squeal of the door alerted me of someone coming down to visit me, causing me to tense from my position on the ground. I shut my eyes for a minute, gathering my bearings before snapping them open and staring at the ceiling. I took calm and collected breaths, listening as heavy footsteps illustrated the group coming down the stairs. I turned my head slightly, looking at the bottom of the stairs to see who was coming down.

I let out a sigh of relief when I saw it was only Zayn and Liam. I sat up, stretching to get the kinks out of my neck and back. Zayn chuckled, walking towards me with a small joking smirk while Liam smiled sadly at me.

“I thought you would end up here when you first arrived.” Zayn said jokingly and I smiled up at him, laughing lightly while nodding.

“I know you did. But this was not part of the plan that was for sure.” I answered and they nodded thoughtfully. Of course it wasn’t part of the plan, but life was unpredictable and you had to just go with it. You can’t fight life, well you can’t fight life and win. “But look, what we agreed earlier has to be followed through on. No matter what, Niall stays safe. Protect him.” I insisted, getting to the real reason I asked them down here. My tone was dead serious, and I so was I. I didn’t care if they had to pick between my life and his, the answer would be to save him and let me die. Niall had to stay safe. I wasn’t any good to anyone, dead or alive. Niall was a hero, a beacon of hope, and didn’t deserve to die. He was the best person I had ever met, and I would do anything to keep him safe. Including, the torture that was scheduled to happen very soon.

“Promise.” They both insisted, and I nodded gratefully once again. I could count on them. They loved Niall as much as I did- maybe not but they were very close- and would stop at nothing to protect him.

“You can’t let him down here after they’ve started either. He’s already promised me, but I need you two to make sure. I don’t want him seeing that.” I mumbled, looking down. The fear from earlier was already creeping in again, suffocating me. Would I be strong enough for this? They nodded again, both looking at me with unrecognizable expressions on their faces.

“You really love him don’t you?” Liam questioned quietly and I nodded sadly. I truly did, and none of this would make me feel any different. They both smiled softly at me, one I returned. And then it was time for them to go, for them to leave before everything started. Before everything ended.

It wasn’t long after they left that people began filtering in. It honestly was a small group- Tom, and two extremely buff men- that actually stayed for the ‘main event’. Being my torture. They had with them a pair if very long shackles confusing me. But upon watching them set up, I realized why they were so long. On the ceiling were two large hooks, hooks that were now holding up the long pair of shackles so they hung above my head. They placed a small crate under it, gesturing for me to stand on it with a warning look.

“Shirt off, maggot.” One hissed, and I slipped my shirt off, fearing what was to come even more.

I swallowed harshly, stepping on the crate. I had to raise my hands above my head just to reach the ends of the shackles, and unfortunately that’s what I was told to do. I did so, figuring that I shouldn’t really argue or fight back against this. I wore a stoic expression, not allowing them to see my fear as they each closed the cold metal shackle around each of my wrists. I was standing on my toes just to stay up to the height that the shackles allowed me to be, but then I wasn’t standing at all. One of the brutes kicked the crate out from under me, causing my body to fall and the shackles to jerk me up painfully hard. I hissed, trying to seem tougher than this, but that really fucking hurt. The cold metal was digging into my wrists, tugging at them to stretch me out, holding my whole body up by just my wrists. Let me tell you, it wasn’t a fun experience, and it wasn’t something you should try out. Too much of this and my wrists will be broken.

Behind the first man stood another, a large black bag resting at his feet. I was terrified to find out what was in it, but it looked like these kind gentlemen didn’t want me to torture myself by thinking about it. How nice were they?

Tom stood in the corner, silently observing the whole thing, not a word uttered. The man in the back bent down, opening the bag and displayed the contents to me. I didn’t really like what I saw. How often did they do this to have toys like that? The guy in front smiled wickedly, looking like a child in a sweets shop, examining every little thing with the utmost interest. But he decided on one pretty quickly, eyes glinting evilly as he pulled out a shiny black blade that looked sharp enough to cut air. I tensed, causing an elated smile to flit over his features.

“Who were you talking to when you were caught?” The first man questioned, and I knew now that today would be a long day.

“No one important.” I said, knowing that it was the wrong answer for him, but it had to be. The man behind him stepped forward, standing to my left while the other man stood to my right. Before I could even understand what was going on, a meaty fist was thrust into my stomach knocking all the wind from my lungs. I swung at the impact, but was quickly steadied again as he wound up for another hit. I didn’t even have my breath back when another blow was delivered causing me to gasp for breath. No one moved, my chest heaving and body swinging. Pain shot through my chest, and down my arms from where the cold metal dug into my skin as I rocked back and forth, heaving breaths leaving my lips. Tom looked down, the other two watching me with a sick kind of interest. It took me several minutes to regain my breathing, and in that time it had been silent the air thick.

No one had moved, all either watching me with a sick interest or the ground like it was the first coming of Christ. But when I had gained most of my breath back, and I had almost completely stopped swinging it began again. This time, the second one- the one that had hit me- had asked the question. And if I could sense the pattern here, it meant he would get to have a go at me but he had a knife which terrified me more.

“Who were you conspiring with?” He hissed, stepping forward as he spoke so his hot breath hit my face. The smell was almost as bad as the punches I’d been delivered only minutes prior- a sickly mix of meat, egg, and some other foul stench, maybe rotten cheese?- and I physically snapped my head back to get rid of the smell.

“Like I said, no one of importance.” I hissed back, bracing myself for what was to come without letting on that I was worried. He grit his teeth together, eyes angry. He brought the blade to my chest, but put no pressure on it. The cold sent chills down my body, the tip of the blade resting right above my erratic heart. I tried to take small breaths, because with each inhale my chest expanded, pushing against the blade and giving me a pinprick of pain. He smirked, before he lifted the blade, moving it to the opposite pectoral before putting pressure on it. My skin opened like a knife through hot lard: easily, but it was not painless. I hissed out, head thrown back in pain as he dragged the blade down.

It was only really a few seconds or so, but to me it felt like forever. It burned like fire, pain shooting through my body. When I got a glance of the cut it was only a few centimeters long, but blood steadily trailed down the front of my chest. I ground my teeth together, eyes closed as I willed the pain to subside a bit. My chin rested on the top of my chest, my collar bones keeping my head from lagging to the side. I honestly wasn’t prepared for any of this, but I wouldn’t show weakness and I wouldn’t break. I couldn’t break, not if I wanted the plan to work. Not if I wanted Niall safe.

Even if it kills me.

I took a deep breath, licking my lips before raising my head and looking at the three other men in the room. These weren’t men- men aren’t cowardly, men don’t enjoy the pain and suffering of others- they were boys playing with a new ‘toy’, they were bullies and cowards. But I didn’t think that it would go to well if I told them that. What did I have to lose right?

“Before you ask, no one of importance. I don’t really like answering the questions of cowards, so you may just want to give up now before wasting the whole day trying to get an answer that isn’t coming.” I said, deciding to stop fighting my remarks. They all looked stunned for a minute, and Tom had actually raised his gaze from the ground, but it all quickly changed. The words registered, Tom looked shocked, and the others looked beyond pissed. That was probably a bad idea, but I didn’t have much time to regret it before I was being hit again.

Another punch landed in my stomach, then another and another. Four in total, in a row, without giving me a chance to get my breath back. I was gasping now, gasping for air, gasping in pain, gasping. The first one- the one with the unbelievably sharp knife had walked back towards the bag and had begun digging around in it. The only sounds in the room was my gasps, the grumbling of the man digging through the bag, the angry pants of the one who had just repeatedly hit me, and the clang and clash of the objects in the bag hitting each other.

We stayed in that silence for a few minutes, waiting to see what this sick bastard was digging up. Waiting to see how badly I had just screwed myself over. Waiting.

They say waiting is the worst part. Waiting for an answer, waiting to see your fate, it truly was the worst. It killed. At least with each blow it was over, I didn’t have to anticipate the next one. I didn’t have to wonder what was next.

This, well this sucked.

But then he let out a pleased sound, and the clanging stopped. And I really wished for that antagonizing wait again, but I knew it wouldn’t come again yet. Not until they used their new toy on me, not until they could see me cry out. But I would fight that with everything I have.

“You know the question. If the answer is the same just stay quiet and we’ll move on.” The second said, walking towards us again. One hand was behind his back, the other still held the knife he loved so dearly. But, I wouldn’t give them any other answer, and they knew that. So they smirked, both stepping forward. I watched as the brute’s right hand came from behind his back, in it a black whip with several long ends. But that wasn’t the worst part, the worst part was the small barbs of wire that each end held. That was going to hurt. He handed it to the other, who then smirked and walked behind me.

“Go ahead and brace yourself, it hurts worse that way.” He whispered in my ear, his foul breath travelling to hit my nose. I scrunched my face, but said nothing, willing my body to relax. I didn’t know how I did it, but I did.

Minutes dragged on and nothing happened, and I had wondered if this was a scare tactic, if they truly couldn’t hurt me. But that was a bad thought, and it was very very wrong. Because right after thinking that thought, and extreme pain hit my back. I cried out, for the first time since this started, the immense pain spreading through my entire back. There was only three ends, but they hurt like hell. I could feel the blood of the lacerations running gently down my back, and I took deep breaths to try and calm myself.

But I didn’t have much time to get over it, because then there was a slow sharp pain making its way down my side and I cried out again, tensing up and clenching my teeth. Even after the blade left my skin, the pain still demanded to be felt. I hung my head, breathing roughly, fighting the tears that wanted to leave my eyes.

I would not cry in front of them.

Another hit from behind, this time crisscrossing the first one, making it hurt twice as bad caused me to scream slightly. Arching forward, away from the menacing thing that was causing me such unbearable pain. I knew everyone could hear me now, the small window at the top allowing them the full soundtrack of the torture.

Did they feel sad, sorry that I had to go through this? Did they now know that I was innocent and not deserving? It didn’t matter, they wouldn’t help. They couldn’t help.

Another cut, over my heart- a small little ‘x’- but it hurt all the same and I cried out again. I almost begged them to stop, almost, but I couldn’t. Because I couldn’t give them the true answer.

“Are you going to tell us now.” The one in front questioned, his eyes dancing with amusement. I could tell he was shocked when I nodded my head, breathing deeply through my nose. Tom looked up, terror in his eyes. He was afraid of being in my place. Too bad he didn’t have to worry about it.

“I was- was talking to.” I breathed deeply, keeping them in suspense. “Myself. I don’t need anyone to kill your precious leader. I can do it myself.” I hissed, the words tasting foul in my mouth. I was surprised by the punch to my face, snapping my head back and causing blood to waterfall down my face. My head fell forward again, a hiss leaving my lips. Another cut, to my lower stomach this time, but deeper. Blood poured out of it, and another two lashes in a row, crisscrossing again caused me to scream out and tense. My fists clenched, toes curled in unbearable pain.

I was willing to beg to make it stop, I just wanted it to stop. But I couldn’t. For Niall.

Thankfully I didn’t have to. The sound of heavy footfalls sounded, resonating through the room with my harsh pained breathing. I raised my head only slightly, sending pain shooting down my back causing me to whimper. But I needed to see who it was coming down, needed to make sure they kept their promises. Thankfully it was only Josh.

“Come to watch the show, Josh?” The one behind called, roughly poking at an open laceration causing me to arch forward and whimper.

“No, actually. Your fun is being cut short.” He spoke, tone sad at having to stop it. I could tell we were all confused. “Niall says that if you haven’t got anything out of him yet, you won’t ever. He says to leave him be for now, we need him well rested for tomorrow night.” He explained, but it only heightened our confusion.

“Why, what’s tomorrow night got to do with him?” The one up front asked, voicing my thoughts.

“He’s the party’s main event. His death will be in front of the whole clan.” Josh said, this time sickly sweet and joyously and I just continued to catch my breath. The other two laughed, Tom not saying a word. The one behind me slapped my back harshly, causing me to cry out again before laughing and throwing his whip into the bag. The other sneered at me, putting the knife in the bag before tying it up. Josh escorted the two out, and Tom walked up to me with sorrow in his eyes. Something I had never seen before.

“I’m sorry. Thank you though, for not giving me up. But I am truly sorry that you have to die.” Tom muttered, eyes swimming in guilt and sorrow, and for a minute I saw a genuinely good person, albeit misinformed, but good. I nodded, unable to speak.

“I’ll still finish the job before I die, don’t worry about that.” I insisted and he nodded.

“It’s the least I can do.” He muttered grimly before running up the stairs. There was murmuring at the top, and then the door closed. But footsteps sounded again and I was scared one of them wanted a bit more fun.  But Josh appeared at the bottom, a sorry look across his face.

“I’m sorry for getting you stuck in here, I didn’t know. But everyone else knows now, even the two that were here getting information out of you. I know words can’t make up for it, for everything you went through, but I was just protecting my mate.” I was shocked by the apology, but nodded with a small smile nonetheless to tell him that I forgave him. He walked behind me, slipping the crate under my feet before reaching up on his tiptoes to unlatch one of the handcuffs.

The left one opened, giving the right one more chain and causing me to be able to step firmly on the crate. He moved to the other side, undoing the other cuff and I sighed gratefully.

“Someone will be in tonight with food, and to take care of your wounds. I’ll see you tomorrow to help prepare you. Goodnight Harry.” He said gently, walking out of the cell, locking it behind him and jogging up the steps. I sighed, hearing the door slam closed, before stepping off the crate. My leg buckled, and I fell to the ground on my hands and knees. Pain shot up my back, and I whimpered lightly. But then I realized no one was here, no one would see me weak.

So I cried.

----------------

Longer chapter, a lot happened.

It always happens that when I write something sad, or morbid- like torture- that the chapters are longer. I don’t know if that’s normal or not. Does that make me a bad person?

What did you think about this chapter?

Is Josh a friend or foe?

How about that different side of Tom?

Will Tom realize what side he should be on, or will he stay the same? If so, will it be too late?

Are you guys excited for the war?

How do you feel about Harry? Feel for Harry?

How are Niall, Liam, and Louis feeling?

Is everyone prepared for this war?

Are you prepared for this war?

Real life question of the chapter:

What is one thing you love about yourself?

(And you guys are amazing, so there has to be at least one. I think you guys are perfect, so please don’t ever think differently)

*I love my eyes*

AND

What is one thing you are most proud of?

Dedication to the commenter that:

Can guess if I like coffee or tea better

OR

My top 3 Zayn’s (i.e. Smoker, sleeping, smiley, glasses, snapback, blonde streak, shaggy etc)?

75 votes and comments for an update by Friday?

Xx Val

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 173 49
Cheyenne and Kayla are living their dreams. They are living together in a small flat in the middle of London; both studying what they think is their...
672K 8.8K 142
Hey my angels!! This is our first completed book of Niall imagines, we have started another both which is in continuation of this!! (The link will b...
150K 8.6K 125
[{Final book in the Zayn Malik Sickfic series}] It's been another year. The boys have been extremely busy working on their fifth album. Now that it's...
1.3M 29.4K 100
How you gonna say that? Take it all back. Fuckin' with my head will make my heart attack. - When Jasey Foster agrees to join her father, owner of Fos...