Destiny [D.H.]

Par TheQuietHufflepuff

Eliana Hart comes from a long line of born werewolves. But... Two of her best friends, Scott McCall and Stile... Plus

Playlist and Aesthetics
Prophecy
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
Epilogue

50

2.4K 88 28
Par TheQuietHufflepuff

Eliana's POV:

I frowned, staring at the younger version of Derek Hale. "I think we should take him to Deaton."

Scott glanced at me and nodded. "Good idea."

When they reached the Animal Clinic, Deaton took one look at Derek and his eyes widened. "Wow."

"Wow?" Stiles questioned. "Wow as in, "I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do" kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for."

Deaton turned to Stiles. "I think you might be overestimating my abilities."

Lydia took Derek's hand. "He's cold. Really cold."

Scott looked up at his boss. "Do you think this is permanent?"

I frowned. "I hope not."

Deaton shrugged. "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience."

While staring at Derek, I asked, "What exactly are we going to do with him?"

"Until he wakes up, probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."

"You mean from Kate?" Stiles questioned.

Deaton glanced to Stiles. "If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

Lydia frowned. "Why would she want to do this to him?"

I scoffed. "Yeah, well, knowing fucked up Kate was, it's good for her and bad for us."

Deaton looked at each of us. "You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep. It's a school night... And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

Scott looked up at his boss. "Someone should stay with you."

Lydia glanced down at Derek who was still holding her hand. "I'll stay. My grades are fine... Despite missing a few classes."

I nodded. "I'll stay with you. My grades are decent enough, and he is my mate."

Stiles frowned. "I'm so not okay with this."

Lydia looked at the boys as she said, "Guys, go."

Scott nodded and replied, "Text us if anything happens." Scott started pulling Stiles away.

"Nope, still not okay with it," Stiles protested. "Not going anywhere. All right, just 'cause you're stronger..."

The boys left and I glanced at Lydia before focusing on Derek.

His age regression concerned me. Whatever Kate had done to him, I didn't know what it'd do to me. We hadn't done anything, yet we both got affected when the other got hurt.

Lydia met my eyes. "We'll figure it out, Ella." She glanced at Deaton. "How's he doing?"

"His heart rate is alarmingly high," Deaton replied.

I placed a hand on Derek's forehead. "He's a lot warmer now."

"Lydia, Eliana, I'm going to try something. Eliana, I want you to keep holding his hand."

Deaton cut into Derek's skin, causing me to wince and it healed.

Lydia frowned. "What does it mean?"

Deaton sighed. "I'm not sure. Let's try something else. Grab me a five millimeter syringe. Top drawer. My apologies for this, Eliana."

"Derek..." Lydia and I called.

Deaton exhaled and asked, "Derek, are you all right?"

Derek's voice was muffled.

"Derek, are you all right? Derek?"

"Wait," Derek said in a muffled tone.

Lydia and I continued calling his name. "Derek? Derek? Derek?" Derek groaned. "Derek?"

Derek suddenly jolted up and ran to the front. He paused and looked at me a moment before darting off.

Lydia and I texted Scott and Stiles.

Eventually, the boys returned to the clinic and Deaton said, "I don't think he's just younger, I think he's younger in his mind, too."

"He didn't recognize any of us," Lydia said with a sigh. "Though he did take a second glance at Ella, like he knew she was important to him. And he looked like he was scared out of his mind."

Stiles took a moment to think. "So if you're a teenage werewolf and you're scared, where do you go?"

Scott frowned. "A wolf goes back to its den. But Derek lives in a loft."

I shook my head. "As a teenager, where did Derek live?"

Lydia glanced to me. "The Hale House?"

Deaton nodded. "He wouldn't remember the fire. It wouldn't have happened yet."

Lydia's eyes narrowed. "Hold on. Say you manage to catch up to him. What are you going to say to him? That his whole family is dead?"

I raised a hand. "I can do it. I can control my heartbeat and you saw Derek's look."

Lydia sighed at her words. "Oh. Well, good luck with that."

Stiles glanced to me. "She's probably right. Maybe you shouldn't. Maybe you should wait until things get back to normal. I mean, until we can figure it out."

"Stiles, trust me. I can do it."

Scott turned to me. "Ella, you know as well as I do that he can hear a rising heartbeat. We should tell him the truth."

Deaton turned to us. "If he gets to the house first, you won't have to."

I looked up at my friend. "Scott, I can control my heartbeat. I'll be fine. Besides; Derek sensed something. Maybe the mate thing."

The three of us headed to the station and the sheriff pulled us into his office. "I'll handle this. I want you to be honest with me. Absolutely and completely honest. Have you been time traveling?"

"Yes," I said, nodding seriously.

Sheriff Stilinski widened his eyes and Stiles shot me a look before saying, "Hang on, what?"

The sheriff continued. "Because if time traveling is real, you know what? I'm done. I'm out. You're going to be driving me to Eichen House."

"We found him like that."

"Where? Swimming in the fountain of youth?"

"No. We found him buried in a tomb of wolfsbane in an Aztec temple in Mexico underneath a church in the middle of a town that was destroyed by an earthquake."

"You told me you were camping!" the sheriff exclaimed.

Stiles nodded slowly. "Yeah, we were... in Mexico."

Scott said, "Derek's been aged backwards. He can't remember anything. We just need to talk to him."

Sheriff Stlinski let out a sigh. "Yeah, well, so far he's not talking to anybody."

"He'll talk to me and Ella," Scott replied.

We left the office, earning a frown from my dad and found Derek sitting in a chair. He looked up at us and asked in an annoyed tone, "Why would I go anywhere with you?"

Scott said, "There was an accident. You lost some memory, but we can help you get it back."

"How much memory?"

"A lot. But you can trust us," Scott reassured, showing Derek his werewolf eyes.

"You're an Alpha. Okay, who are you? And who is he? Who is she? Who are you?"

"Oh, we're the ones keeping you out of jail," Stiles said sarcastically.

"Let us help you," Scott said.

Derek shook his head and glared. "No."

Stiles narrowed his eyes. "Okay, dude, you almost tore apart two cops back there. You need to listen to us. And that starts with no fangs, no claws, no wolf-man. You got that?"

"I'm fine as long as it's not on a full moon."

Scott frowned. "You still have trouble with the full moon?"

"I said I'm fine."

Stiles rolled his eyes. "All right, you coming with us or not?"

Derek's eyes narrowed. "You want me to trust you? Where's my family?"

I knelt in front of Derek and said, "There was a fire. Your family isn't here anymore. But they're fine. They just had to leave Beacon Hills for awhile. As soon as we get your memories back, we'll take you to them. Okay?"

He gave her a small smile and released a breath. "Okay." He looked into my eyes. "You're... You're important to me. I can feel it."

"We're mates."

"I thought Paige was my mate."

"You may have thought that at the time, but, no. I am."

The boys pulled me away from Derek and Scott said to me, "You shouldn't have done that. You lied your ass off."

I glanced at Derek and back to Scott. "I think that was pretty good. In fact, I'm pretty sure I saved him some unnecessary pain for the time being."

Stiles nodded and sighed. "We'll figure this out in a day or two. He goes back to being old Derek, everyone's happy. Except for Derek, who's never happy. Well, except when he's around Ella. She's the only one who seems to be able to make him happy."

Scott let out a sigh. "It's just another person that we're lying to. I always feel like it's always been better when we tell them the truth. With Lydia, my mom, your dad, Ella's dad."

"Yeah, but that is Derek Hale in there. He may be a kid right now, but he's still Derek Hale."

"All right," Scott said. "You two take him to my house and don't let him out of your sight."

"What about you? What are you gonna do?" I asked.

"I'm going to talk to the guy we should have gone to before."

I narrowed my eyes. "Beat his ass up for me."

Stiles nodded. "Uh... Yeah, I hate that guy. A punch might do him some good."

Scott left and Stiles drove us to Scott's and turned to Derek. "We're going to wait here for Scott. We're going to sit quietly. We're not going to call or talk to anyone?"

"Do I talk to you?" Derek questioned.

"No."

Derek glanced at me. "Do I talk to her? She's pretty. She says she's my mate."

"Yeah. No. Don't talk to her."

Derek let out a sigh and nodded. "Fine. Good. Who's going to talk to him?"

Stiles jumped as he noticed Agent McCall. "Ah! Are you getting taller?"

"What are you doing here?"

"We're waiting for Scott," Derek answered.

Agent McCall nodded. "Yeah, so am I. We're supposed to have dinner. You guys hungry?"

"Yeah."

"Food sounds great," I said.

Stiles shook his head, frowning at us. "No. We're not hungry."

"No, I'm starving," Derek argued.

"So am I."

Stiles shook his head once again and tried to drag us away. "Neither of us are hungry. Thanks, though."

Agent McCall looked to me and Derek. "Okay, well, if you're not hungry, Stiles, Eliana and your friend can still eat with us. What's your name?"

Derek opened his mouth to respond, but Stiles beat him to it. "Miguel. My cousin Miguel. From Mexico. So..."

Agent McCall spoke Spanish and Stiles began panicking. "Oh my God."

Derek answered in Spanish and the agent smiled. "Fantastic. Egg roll?"

He smiled back. "Hell yeah."

They gathered around a table and Agent McCall discussed what was there. "Shrimp fried rice or pork fried rice?"

"Shrimp fried rice. Beef and broc."

Stiles let out a groan. "Fantastic! Egg roll."

"Eliana?" Agent McCall asked.

"Pork fried rice and beef and broc please."

I got my food and started eating.

A few minutes later, Agent McCall looked up at Derek. "So, uh, Miguel. What did you say your last name was again?"

Before Derek could say anything, Stiles said, "Oh, it's Juarez. Cinqua... Tiago."

"That's a mouthful. How do you spell that?"

"Phonetically."

"Mr. McCall, you're an FBI agent?" Derek asked.

"He's low level," Stiles said. "Very low level. He doesn't even have a voice." I glared at him and kicked his shin and he glared at me in return.

"So do you investigate murders?"

"Sometimes," Agent McCall replied. "When it's a federal crime."

"What about fires?"

I glanced down, having an idea as to where the conversation was headed.

Stiles' eyes widened slightly. "Oh my God. I wonder where Scott is. Shouldn't Scott be here by now? We should call Scott."

"What kind of fires are you talking about?" Agent McCall asked.

Stiles let out a nervous laugh as Derek questioned, "Do you know anything about the Hale family?"

After food, we headed up to Scott's room and Derek grabbed the back of my shirt and I growled, pushing him back.

"You lied to me!" Derek yelled. "Did you lie about the mate thing, too?"

"The mate thing is true," I told him.

Stiles turned to Derek. "She didn't lie to you. She just omitted certain truths. Vital truths, now that I think about it."

Derek shook his head and glared. "I don't want to talk to you. Or her. I want to talk to the Alpha. I'll talk to Scott."

I let out a sigh, seeing that he was serious. "Stiles, go get him."

Stiles grabbed my wrist and practically pulled me down the stairs and he called Scott. "No, he's in your bedroom. He'll be totally fine. To be honest, I'm starting to miss the old Derek. So, if you think that Kate's coming to find him..." We reached Scott's room and saw Kate climbing out Scott's window. "You might be right."

We made our way to the Hale vault, which we found out was right outside the school. I rushed towards the fight while Stiles and Lydia headed in a different direction.

I heard fighting on the second floor and rushed to join them. I saw Derek fighting two monsters with creepy masks. I flicked my claws and started fighting the masked figures.

Scott, Malia and Kira were each holding their own. The monster I was attacking tried to escape, but couldn't. Eventually, it ran off and Scott called, "Derek?"

We turned to see the Derek Hale we remembered. The only thing that was different was when he flicked his eyes. Instead of the steely blue they should have been, they were a golden yellow.

Derek caught my eye and smiled. "Did you miss me?"

I ran up to him and hugged him. "So fucking much."

He laughed and returned my hug and I smiled, relishing in his embrace.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

25.6K 732 13
"You've changed, Rena." "Darling, i had to." "You know what they call you, don't you?" "I do. And i bathe in their fear, because that means we're...
253K 6K 38
𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 | "Even salt looks like sugar Olivia is not all she seems." **** Harry Styles moves to LA to get away from the busy...
302K 6.1K 27
"I do not want you with me," Elijah says harshly. "You are nothing but a distraction, you are nothing but a mere weak human." It felt like glass shat...
63K 1.4K 23
Hayley Knight is known for fighting for what she believes in. She's also known for the Knight Industries, one of the best Criminal Defense Attorney o...