Cold as Ice (KuroKen)

By twelveB

[COMPLETED] This is a fluff/angst story including kuroken, iwaoi , and daisuga. There will be other ships but... More

+++
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)
(13)
(14)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
(19)
(20)
(21)
(22)
(23)
(24)
(25)
(26)
(27)
(28)
(29)
(31)
(32)
(33)
(34)
Epilogue

(30)

4K 162 76
By twelveB

good afternoon :)) posting early so I can go back to bed enjoy!
.
.
.
.

Kenma's Phone
Wednesday 5:34 pm

You
My mom left early are you still coming to the rink today?

Kuroo💕
Ofc
Meet there at 6?

You
Yeah
Also I found out the moving date

Kuroo💕
When is it?

You
I'll tell u when I see u

Kuroo💕
We should go out after ur practice

You
Why?
I mean I'm down but why

Kuroo💕
I just think it'd be a good idea

You
Ok were are we going
I don't have any money

Kuroo💕
Leave it to me I've got a plan

You
Oh god ok
gtg see u later

Kuroo💕
See u later!!

Kenma's POV

I made my walk towards the rink quickly, I had a lot I wanted to tell Kuroo and now I felt like I had no time to do it. I mean, two more full days. That's not nearly enough time to do anything. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least sorta scared, I mean what if we spread apart when he goes to college, I've got no experience in trying to keep in contact with friends.

Once I arrived at the rink Kuroo was sitting outside on the curb, even though the weather was warming up, it was still cold at night and it had just rained.

"The door was locked." He laughed as I pulled the keys out of my back pocket and opened the door. My aunt and uncle had gone out of town for a few days meaning the rink was closed for the week.

"You could've texted me I would've hurried up." It had completely slipped my mind that the rink would have been locked. Now looking at him stand up with a slight shiver made me feel guilty. Usually I don't feel guilty for other people, but I didn't enjoy the thought that Kuroo was probably cold and sick.

"Don't look so worried Kenma it's fine." He threw on arm around my shoulder and leaned on me for support, disregarding the fact that he's almost a foot taller than me. I opened the door and he followed me inside quickly. "Wow it's cooler here when it's empty." I looked at him and rolled my eyes while flicking on the lights. His eyes sparkled like he had just walked into an amusement park, it was honestly sort of cute. He got excited at the dumbest things.

We went to the usually rink and he took his usual spot on the bleachers while I started doing my warm up laps, all like normal. Except there's a good chance this could be the last time we do this. I felt a lot more scared than I think Kuroo did, he didn't even ask for a time frame when he saw me. I would've asked right away.

Throughout these past weeks I watched Kuroo frantically drag me from place to place to get in as much time together as we could. At first I thought it was silly but now, knowing just how limited our time was, I felt like I was gonna throw up. It's funny, I never really cared before about making friends or keeping in contact, I made a promise to myself to not get close to anyone considering the fact that they'd just leave anyways. I'm starting to understand why people find it so hard to keep promises, especially when the promises they make are unrealistic. It was more difficult being the person who was leaving rather than the person who was left, especially when I'm pretty sure I love him.

I looked over at Kuroo who was staring at me with a soft smile on his face. No matter where I went his eyes followed my every movement, he was so focused yet I couldn't be. Every small warm up jump I was doing was getting messed up in some way. Not enough rotation, bad take off, botching the landing, etc. Because how could I be skating when in only two days I'd be alone again. It's sorta like, without knowing, I got addicted to my own drug and now I didn't wanna give it up. I never cared before, what do I do now.

"Kenma!" Kuroo called from his spot on the bleachers, I turned to look at him, he had a worried face on. "Are you ok?" How am I suppose to answer? Honestly? I don't really wanna lie to him? Am I ok? No it feels like my hearts gonna explode in my chest. He seemed disappointed when I didn't answer and stood up, walking his way down towards the rink. "Come here." He motioned me over to the part of the rink where he was leaning up against the wall that separated the ice from the stands. I obliged and skated over to him.

We stood facing each other for a few seconds without saying anything, just taking in the others presence. My heart was beating strangely fast, I felt like I couldn't even breathe. I wanted to cry, but again another promise I made to myself was to not break down in front of others. Not like I keep my promises to myself anyways though.

"Kenma?" Kuroo asked, I felt my heart tighten again. If he said anything else it'd be over for me. "What's wrong." And there it was, the anything else. I sunk down in the ice and felt my eyes begin to water, I kept my face down to hide my tears. "Kenma, Hey!" Kuroo entered the rink through the side door and rushed over to my side, well as much as he could rush on ice. He sat down next to me and pulled me into his side. I let go of my support on the wall and clung to him like a child, if I wasn't so upset right now I'd probably be embarrassed.

"I-" I've never broken down like this before in front of someone else. Usually I was alone so there was no need to talk, no one to talk to. Now I found that it was hard to talk when you were practically balling your eyes out.

"You're ok." He said quietly, rubbing my back to try and calm me down. It worked but not enough to get me to stop crying. Normally I'd let myself cry it out in my room alone and then criticize myself for overreacting, but now I was with Kuroo who was doing his best to help me calm down. I could tell he felt bad, he didn't really know what to do but honestly even if he just sat and watched me cry it would've been fine. "What's wrong?" He asked that stupid question again, that stupid question that just made me cry more. I was the one saying everything would be fine, I was the one saying we could FaceTime and call, so why am I so upset? This was my choose. I chose to go with my mom, I chose to leave, so do I really have the right to be sad now?

Again I didn't answer instead I just hugged him tighter trying to explain my feelings without speaking. Feelings aren't my strong suit, never have been and probably never will be. He hugged me back which was comforting, like a reminder he wasn't going anywhere. However, after a while he pushed me off him slightly, at first I was disappointed but he didn't leave. Instead, he cupped my face in his hands and just stared at me while I continued to cry softly.

I've heard people talk about slow motion moments in movies, when time feels like it stops and you can see everything. Right now, as Kuroo was leaning closer and closer to me, closing his eyes as he did so, I felt like time stopped. I'm not stupid, I've seen shows and movies so I knew what was going to happen. It's just different when you don't really know what to do. I just followed his lead assuming he knew.

I leaned in as well and closed my eyes. Soon enough, a rush of warmth spread through my face, I could practically feel my blush forming. His lips were soft and I could feel his own blush radiating from his face. Everything felt perfect. When we parted and he back up again, still holding my face, I could see just how red he was. Although I'm sure I didn't look any better, worse probably.

"Your really red." He laughed, not letting his gaze leave me. I didn't realize I stopped crying till I laughed as well. He whipped away the remaining tears still holding onto my face before pulling me back into a hug. Now that I was calm I started to realize just what was going on. We were just sitting on the ice, hugging like two idiots. "So you wanna tell me what's wrong now?" I looked away from him not really sure how to say it without sounding... I don't know hypocritical I guess. I mean this situation is sort of my fault I didn't really have a right to be upset.

"I-" My voice still sounded sort of harsh. "I don't want to leave you." I choked out trying to not cry again.

"I don't wanna leave you either." He sighed sadly, hugging me tighter. "But like you said there's still phone calls, we don't have to loss contact."

"Yeah but you won't be here everyday." I haven't known Kuroo long, but in all the time I've known him he's always been around me. "And I know I shouldn't be upset since it's my fault but I-"

"Kenma," He cut me off quickly. "You have every right to be upset, but this isn't the end. I never intended it to be." He explained. At this point we were leaning up against the walls of the rink, well he was I was leaning against him, he had to arm around my waist. It was warm even though we were sitting on ice. "Listen I'll visit as often as I can it doesn't matter where you move too. I'll be there."

"Thanks Kuroo." I sighed, relaxing into his arms. Again we sat in silence, we do this a lot apparently, it was nice though. "Hey Kuroo," I spoke up after a minute or two, he hummed in response. "I love you."

"I love you too."

.
.
.
.
(1738 words)
Forget the part where I said there was only gonna be one or two more chapter cause i changed my mind. :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.7K 1.3K 36
hi lovely human beings 💐💐 i plan on just making a bunch of oneshots for different ships (i promise they get better as you move forward) most of the...
188 0 13
[ MOVED TO A NEW BOOK ] I'm a simp for all the Haikyuu!! characters (especially Kenma, Kunimi, Oikawa, Suna, and Tsukki), so here we are. I always ha...
92 13 13
This is the english version from my german fanfiction 'Haikyuu "Die Anonymen Verliebten" (Beendet!)' Sugawara is totally annoyed because of literall...
4.9K 88 21
♫𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙿𝙻𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙳♫ A kuroken fanfic. I have recently become obsessed with Haikyu and I love Kuroo's and Kenma's friendship and I ship them a lot an...