Love Is Toxic (Rewriting)

By xXVredeXx

PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TOXIC! ****************************************** "Oh right, the waitress. Sorry I can't... More

Please Do Not Ignore This! (Old and New Readers!)
IMPORTANT!
Character Aesthetics
Prologue (Rewritten)
1. Who Are You?
2. Wanna Be My Date?
3. It's History
4. Prowling The Streets
5. Mind If I Come In?
Ola!

6. A Night To Remember

119 31 171
By xXVredeXx

The drive back home was extremely difficult. I could hardly see where I was going because of the tears in my eyes that were blurring my vision, but I managed to arrive home safely.

The only thing that’s preventing me from bawling my eyes out again, is my date with Sven. My heart is racing with various types of emotions, I still want to cry about hurting Dwayne and I feel guilty for going on this date with Sven. On the other hand, I owe Dwayne nothing, I made it crystal clear that there is nothing between us and I deserve to be happy.

Moving away from the mirror on my dresser, I bat my lashes one more time to hold the tears in place, I can’t afford to smudge my make up. My hair is in a perfect bun and I went for a nude look, I opted for a blue dress this time that sits tight around my bodice and flares out at my waist, and stops a few centimetres above my knees.

You’ll be okay, I encourage myself once more before standing up. Sven should be here any minute now. I head for the living room to anxiously wait for him, fidgeting with my fingers and internally being grossed out because of the sweat on my palms.

Hearing a knock on the door, I jolt as I rub my hands on my dress and rush to open the door. My heart skips a few beats, seeing the smile before me drastically lifts my mood.

Sven is standing before me with flowers at hand, in a black suit that makes him look even more handsome than ever. His jet black hair is gelled back, his eyes striking as it beautifully stands out amongst his dark suit and tanned skin.

“Sky,” he greets, breathlessly as I open the gate.

Hearing his smooth deep voice, is like the gravity that keeps me glued to earth. I slowly look up to meet his gaze and his gorgeous smile is so contagious that I can’t help but return it.

“You look as radiant as ever,” he continues, handing me the flowers.

“Thank you Sven,” I reply, examining the white flowers in my hands. Noticing the shape of the bouquet, I note that it’s white roses. I’m more of a fan of lilies, but these are still beautiful nonetheless.

“Surprised you don’t have anything witty to say for once,” he chuckles out.

I notice a note between the petals of the flowers and read the writing on it, ‘White symbolises purity, so here is a white bouquet for your pure soul.’

Reading that, I huff out a snort and can’t stop the laughter that’s pouring from my stomach.

“Cheesy, I know,” he confesses with embarrassment.

“Well, yes, but what did your dad say about assumptions, again?” I ask with my index finger in the air, still laughing.

“Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups,” he replies, with a tight nod.

“That’s right. I’m not all that innocent, love,” I state, patting him on the shoulder, giving him a peck on the cheek and melt as his stubble caresses my lips.

“Put those flowers away, this is going to be a night to remember,” Sven whispers in my ear, casting me a wink.

On our way to the restaurant, I take in the view from outside. I love driving at night, the lights of the city are always mesmerising when it's dark. Turning my head to face Sven, I marvel the beauty of him. I’ve grown infatuated with the man, I realise.

“Where are we going?” I ask, placing a hand on his thigh.

A smirk develops on his features and a twinkle is in his eye as he turns to face me, “You’ll soon find out.”

“I hate surprises,” I pout.

“This is one that you’ll love,” he says, lifting my hand to his lips.

***

The car comes to a stop in front of a restaurant that I’ve never seen before, but just by the looks of this place, I can tell it’s for the elite.

Stepping out, my eyes can’t help but admire the elegance of the building.
It’s in the posh part of town; The Waterfront, so I don’t even want to know what the bill is going to look like. The restaurant is situated along the coast; the ocean a deep blue and the sand a pristine white. Reading the sign, hanging from the door, I can’t pronounce the name.

We climb up the black stairs and reach the glass door, framed with an emerald green, wooden doorpost. The host greets us; he has bright brown eyes, no hair and ebony skin, short in stature but his grin huge with personality. His uniform is a typical black suit.

“Reservation?” The man asks, checking the list.

“Remington,” Sven answers, placing his hand on my back.

“Ah, here!” The man exclaims, ticking off the name, “Follow me,” he adds.

We take after the gentleman, I try my best to keep my composure when I see the table Sven’s booked. This is indeed going to be a night to remember.

It’s a small dark wooden, rounded table, accessorised with glass placemats, a few lit candles and a bottle of champagne in the middle. The table is seated on the balcony with a breath-taking view of Table Mountain and the deep ocean. The railing is magnificent, it’s devoured with white fairy lights.

“Here we are,” The man gestures with his hand, pulling out a chair for me to take a seat.

I give him a tight smile and sit down on the all too comfortable chair with Sven opposite me.

“What do you think?” Sven asks, pouring the alcohol beverage in our glasses.

A grin tugs on the corners of my lips as I put my hands on the table, “You really outdid yourself, didn’t you, Mr Remington?”

“You could say that,” he laughs out, “Since you know my last name, what’s yours?” He asks, lacing his fingers over mine.

“Read,” I reply, lifting the crystal champagne glass to my crimson lips.

“Beautiful,” he says, looking at me, causing me to stop what I’m doing.

“The view? Oh, I know, it’s lovely, isn’t is?” I reply, spreading my arms to showcase the beauty of our surroundings.

“You are really something else, Miss Read,” he sighs out.

“I know,” I reply, clasping his hands in mine.

“The starters will be out any second,” the waiter interrupts us.

“Thank you,” Sven responds with a nod.

“What’s the starter?”

“I wish it were you,” he responds with a wink.

Those words immediately causes my mouth to run dry, and my tongue to be lost for words.

“Cat got your tongue?” Sven asks, arching a brow.

“Here you go!” The waiter calls out, placing a bowl of what seems like to be some sort of soup.

My mouth is already watering at the sight of the thick contents in front of me, the fresh seafood smell entering my lungs, causing my stomach to growl in response.

“Although, I do love mussel soup, I’d still rather it be you,” Sven says, nodding his head as he dives in.

***

“That, was certainly a night to remember, Sven,” I say, playing with his hair, as I look at him.

“Still hate surprises?” He asks, grabbing me by the waist as we walk to the car.

“I’m not sure,” I reply, eyeing his profile.

“Sky, stop being difficult for once,” he sighs out.

“I don’t think that’s an option,” I reply, getting in the car.

***

“Did you sort things out with Dwayne?” Sven asks, his muscles tensing beneath me that making me feel uncomfortable.

“Yeah, I was at his place earlier today,” I reply, looking up at him as we cuddle on the bed.

“And?” He asks, eyeing me, his green orbs ablaze.

“Basically, I wrote things off with him,” I say with caution.

“Good,” he responds, now looking up at the ceiling.

“Sven, what’s wrong?” I ask, placing my hand on his chest, pushing myself up to look at him with a worried expression.

“Nothing,” he spits out.

“Sven, that isn’t nothing. What’s bothering you,” I ask, now sitting on his lap, feeling his muscles tense.

“I’m just, taken aback, that’s all.”

I examine his features and I’m shocked at how tense he looks. He’s acting weird and it’s sort of uncomfortable and spoiling the mood a bit. What’s gotten into you, Sven?

“You’re not making any sense,” I reply, scrutinising him further.

“You said that you and Dwayne have a history, I don’t want him in your life,” he says, aggravated.

“Why are you acting so insecure and childish?” I ask, crossing my arms.

Seriously, he hasn’t even bothered to kiss me or make a move and he’s all of the sudden being jealous?

“Oh, so now I’m insecure?” He asks, propping himself up against my headboard.

“Sven—”

No, Skylar! You won’t understand!” He yells, causing the blood to drain from my face.

I just stare at him, I don’t move at all. He’s not so perfect after all, is he, Sky? My mind reprimands me. Finally, catching a grip, I climb off of the bed, running my hands through my hair as I pace around the room.

Hearing his weight being lifted off of the mattress and the footsteps coming closer, I turn to face him with terror in my eyes and my heart racing, feeling as if it’s going to jump out of my chest.

“Sky,” he tries to say, but I shake my head, walking away from him.

“Sven, we’ve only met, you can’t possibly be jealous of something so ridiculous,” I say, looking at him with daggers in my eyes.

“So now you’re disregarding my feelings?” He asks sarcastically.

“Don’t you dare emotionally blackmail me, Sven. It’s not going to work,” I reply, crossing my arms, scowling at him in disgust.

“Sky, try to understand,” he pleads, moving towards me, his features softening.

“Understand what?” I snap back.

“I’m infatuated, okay,” he spits out, looking at me, and all the rage fades away. My heart skips a few beats, hearing that he feels the same. Maybe you would’ve acted the same way if he had an ex in the picture, I tell myself.

“That doesn’t give you the right to act that way, Sven,” I say, my voice soft, as I walk towards him.

“I know, I’m sorry. I don’t like being this way, but you just rile me up,” he says, placing his hands on my waist.

“I’m infatuated as well,” I reply, smiling.

It’s maybe also the attraction and passion that makes him this way, of course he’ll be insecure in the beginning, Sky. I reassure myself one more time.

“I still owe you a kiss,” he responds, trailing his hands up my body, sending electric sparks from my head to my toes.

“Indeed you do,” I whisper.

He leans in, mere centimetres away from my face, “The anticipation,” he mouths, before locking his delicate lips with mine. Our mouths moving in sync, this kiss feeling just right. He grips the nape of my neck, biting gently down on my lower lip, as he presses himself against me.

I open my mouth, allowing his tongue to explore me. Our tongues are moving and gliding past each other perfectly, as if I know his every move but not quite, still holding the element of surprise. He moves me to the bed, trailing kisses down my neck...

Certainty, a night to remember.

************************************

Okay, this chapter is short. But ey, not all chapters have to be long, and plus it's about 2k words about their night.

Did they have sex? I don't know... have to wait and find out in the next chapter.

Here you can clearly see the red flags showing, that is what I meant with 'A Night To Remember'

You all remember It's Just Weed? That's in the chapter to come. I'll be taking my time with that, since this chapter is short, that one will be lengthy.

Let me know your thoughts in the comments and thank you for the votes

[2 021 words]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250K 4K 36
{completed} They say opposites attract, the good girl + the bad boy. The grumpy + sunshine. She's intrigued by his eyes, maybe it's because they sha...
16.4K 501 62
Alone. A simple word that has always held many meanings to Ella, and starting her senior year at a new high school, solitude had seemed the easiest w...
Astrid By <3

Teen Fiction

6.6K 78 32
Carter slowly walked towards me, butterflies swarming in my stomach, filling every inch of me. "Assi." he grabbed my wrists, and made me look at him...
103K 2.5K 41
[Completed]: (8/3/18) Ranks: #1 in lawbreaker (11/21/18) Definition of bad (adj) bad[ bad ] of poor quality:below an acceptable standard in quality...