Lady of The Knight

Av muselouvre

Meet Love Phoenix, a young witch from New Orleans who attend a school of magick in a dimension named Four Lan... Mer

Chapter I : So Long, New Orleans
Chapter II : When God Pan Hid Under a Glamour Charm
Chapter III : Was the Happy Prince Really Happy?
Chapter IV : "Eros, May I...?"
Chapter V : We Shall Not be Drowned in River Styx
Chapter VI : Better than Julian, Is He?
Chapter VII : Scaring Me Like That Again Will Result in You Dying
Chapter VIII : The Prisoners
Chapter IX : When Nature Attempts to Take Over
Chapter X : To The End of Times
Chapter XII : The Lovers
Chapter XIII : When the Titaness Chose Humanity
Chapter XIV : The Awakening of The Phoenix

Chapter XI : The Daughters of Phoenix

16 3 32
Av muselouvre

"I never know why my dad won't just come forward," Love grumbles. She is finally in astral reality, walking alongside Nyx. "I was going to ask, but I just want him to be honest! Making me all confused. Don't even get me started on my sleeping schedule! Because these babies-" Love points to her panda eyes, "are mostly caused by stress, overthinking and- this place is nice!"

Love had just drank a mugwort tea, hence why she is easily distracted. It also helps her concentrate when in a state of sleep deprivation. "Hekate, please show your human some enlightenment of our reason for being here."

Hekate strides forward. Love is still too busy looking across the scenery of the mountain. A great, great castle is placed right across the mountain. Love is sure she can see a huge outdoor area, facing the mountain she is on, possibly used for dancing or sightseeing reasons.

"Woa, awesome." Love wides her eyes in excitement, "a sight for sore eyes. I'm getting kind of sick of Belhonor, and I've only been there for a week."

"We are in Gardenia." Hekate informs, "that is Artemis' castle, where her reign begins and ends. That is also the place where she's held captive."

Love turns to look at both Goddesses, "and you cannot just-" she waves her hands toward the castle, "help her now?"

"No, it is impossible for us to present ourselves fully in human world," Nyx explains, "exactly how you cannot fully present yourself in ours."

"But Artemis is a Goddess, isn't she?"

"True." Hekate simply says, "She had told Zeus about Her plan for the dryad tribes; about how She wanted to become their leader as well as Goddess they worship." Love watches the castle intently, creating a map in her brain that could help her reach it. "Zeus agreed, and here She is."

"And why did She help Fenrir?" Love sits on the edge of the hill. Not even caring that she could fall any minute.

"Fenrir... The poor wolf." Nyx says, "the Nordic Gods and Goddesses asked a group of dwarves to create a chain that could hold Him for all eternity. They were afraid of His size and abilities, hence why he was chained for more than 1000 years."

Love processes the information thoughtfully.

"When Artemis had found Him, He was already the size of a mountain. It took Her a while to tame Him, almost lost a hand. But she did not want to face the same fate as the member of Aesir tribe, Tyr. So, She called our most helpful ally - The Phoenix."

"The Phoenix." Love sighs softly. Her mind suddenly realizes something, "The sword could cut through the chain. That's why you asked for me to help?"

"That's true."

"Fenrir is a friend of Ours," Hekate says, "so is Artemis. She has done more right than wrong."

"I will try my best," Love gets up from the edge to face the two Goddesses again. "Which mountain is Fenrir in? I can try to find Him first. He can be a huge help, no pun intended."

"We are sitting a top of the mountain He is currently imprisoned in."

"Oh, Hell!" Love jumps aside. "Okay. Okay," She bites her nails as she looks down the mountain. No, she will not fall. "Man, how am I suppose to find the entrance? I hope He is not as scary as most books say."

"Books are useless."

"Yep." Love agrees with Hekate. "I wonder why Fenrir's family don't look for Him."

"Oh, they have. His siblings have already spoken to Artemis many years ago, discussing of the condition Fenrir was in."

Love wides her eyes in shock, "if I ever get to meet His siblings, I would never complain again!" She clasps her hands in excitement.

"Hel rules over Niflheim, meanwhile Jörmungandr resides on Earth. Are you sure you are ready if fate unite you with them?"

"Yes." Love grins. "There are a lot of realities out there. I plan to explore all of them."

Before she knows it, her vision begins to blur and she gets the urge to jump off the cliff. She steps back. "You must leave." Nyx orders.

"Say no more." She clutches her stomach in pain before reaching her spirit guide who is not very far from them.

In a second, she is back in her bedroom, crawling on the ground to reach a garbage bin in the corner and leans over it. She vomits all her stomach contents out, her head feels like it's crushed with a giant rock. Her stomach feels completely gutted out.

She groans when her stomach is finally empty, and she has no urge to throw up again. She clutches her stomach, pulling away from the trash can, and sits against the wall. Her forehead is damp from sweat.

"What was that?" Love whispers.

"Blood magick." Hekate answers, "you need stronger protection for your journey ahead, child."

"I do know a way," Persephone jumps in. "My husband and I have always used Pomegranate to bring us protection and comfort. The one I grew in my home is sacred, and safe to use for mortals."

Love tries to remember what kind of fruit Pomegranate is. "I... It has berries in it." She grimaces, "berries close up my throat."

"Oh, whyever is that?"

"Allergy."

"What a shame! You would have loved my pomegranates."

"Aw, I know," Love sighs, forcing herself to get up from the ground. "It's okay. I'll find a way. I'll find a way to beat the blood magick! Maybe there is some kind of..." Love grabs the plastic bag in the trash can before tying it up. "Ugh, never mind. I will be back!"

***

'Bloodbound. Used by: Blood practitioners, necromancers, and fire elementalists.' Love reads, she is sitting in the dining hall, enjoying a food provided by school and royal kingdom. 'It is used to repel against negative outcomes of blood magick, such as: illusionary, mind-control, hexes, curses. The casters can use a blood of their own, write the intention down on a piece of paper before drawing the sigil they most connect with (spirit guide, protectors, new creation) around the writing with the blood.'

Love sighs, fake cries in defeat. If only she could be able to eat Persephone's Pomegranate instead and not end up in a horrible death. She had picked some Pomegranates from the Garden of Eden to be exchanged for Persephone's. Though Love cannot eat it, at least Levi can.

Blood. The spell has to be bounded with our own blood. It couldn't be spit, an offering, or something less brutal. To be able to do blood magick, is to be ready to do such sacred practice.

She chews on her mashed potatoes as she writes down Fenrir's background history on her grimoire. Also that He is currently chained inside of a mountain; that the only way to cut off the chain is with the sword of Phoenix.

A young woman sits next to Love as she's about to write down the possible necessities to tame down Fenrir. "So, you're Levi's twin sister," says her. Love turns her head a little to look at her. A dark haired woman, with big cat-like eyes, thin nose and lips. She was the one who took care of Levi after the fight. "Love, is it?"

She nods shyly, suddenly feeling a little embarassed that she has a history book of old magicks, a bunch of food, a paper bag of pomegranates, and her grimoire. "I- um, yes."

"I'm Setsuna. You can call me Suna. The co-president of the school." She holds out a hand for Love to take.

"Oh," Love shakes her hand calmly, "nice to meet you, Setsuna- I mean, Suna."

"What are you doing studying?" Love caught a stench of graveyard in her. No, not a Soulless, more like a vampire. "Dean Laveau is going to close the school until all situations are handled. So, really, no need to study all that crap."

Love shrugs. "Yeah," she pours some curry soup on to the mashed potatoes, "just researching."

"About the monstrous wolf? You know, he is just a myth."

"'kay."

"Not much of a talker, are you? So, tell me, Love, what kind of witch are you? Why are you able to stop the dryad from ruining the entire town?" She asks. Love turns to look at her weirdly, not even sure what she is gaining from speaking in a not-so friendly tone?

"The kind of witch that has access to silver, mistletoe, monkshood, juniper. You tell me."

"You are that kind of witch," she nods her head, "look, newbie. If you think you can make your way up to the top by sleeping with the president of school, fighting in the hallways, saving towns. You're wrong."

Love remembers all the times her bullies in highschool acted exactly like Setsuna. How they approached her in cafeteria, in P.E class just to trip her, then got their ankle broke and food poisoning the next day.

Coincidence? Love believes so. She believes so as Levi and her sat across of each other, with pictures of her bullies sitting on a small shrine of curse, all well-framed, until the frames broke each times they showed symptoms of bad luck infront of Love.

Love continues to eat her high in calories meals, not even caring to speak back to Setsuna. "Are we clear?" Setsuna emphasizes, "I practice witchcraft too. I know how to make you do as I say. Or I can just simply use my vampiric power to banish you off of my sight."

With a new set of confidence, Love pulls out the switchblade from her pocket before placing it on the table. "Touch it." Love commands.

"What is that? Is that a knife?"

"Why don't you find out?"

"No way! I- it's a silver!" She backs away immediately, having already sense the deadly weapon before her. "Help! She is threatening me!"

Love rolls her eyes as she pockets the switchblade back. People are too busy eating their meals, speaking to each other in hushed silence, still recovering from last night.

"I can't believe you just threatened me," she shakes her head, "your boyfriend will hear about this."

Love smiles, "my 'boyfriend' surely will."

"Oh, thank god you are here." Love catches Laurent walking toward her. He looks messy, as if he just woke up on the wrong side of bed. "What the hell are you doing here, Setsu? Move, I'm hungry."

Setsuna grumbles, but she finally gets up to walk away from the scene. Love begins to eat her late breakfast again. "What's up, Laurie?" She greets.

"Do you know about the ancient tale 'Lord of The Knight'?" Laurie grabs some food and puts then on his plate. He mostly stays on green side.

"Um, no?"

"Well, you do now! So, let me just get straight to the point. A guy saves all of Four Lands from destruction around 3000 years ago. I know, a long time ago." Laurent begins to eat his salad, Love grimaces just at how much green is in his plate meanwhile hers look like a fat fest. "You know our lands were not divided before, right? It was just this one huge chunk of freaking land where everyone is united. Oh, like America."

Love chuckles, "my only concern is New Orleans and Salem, I don't care about the rest."

"Good. So, the land's called Filotimo." Laurie points out, "despite the name, the land suffers from poverty, constant damages from catastrophe, men enslaved in the majestic royal palace, women raped and forced to carry children of those they don't know. Hell, even rape back then is considered legal by law. Children, they are offered to the deities, which never worked, obviously."

"Oh, my god! What?!" Horror fills her entire being, nearly choking on her food.

"The entire land was ran by an emperor, his name's Jovian something, I don't remember. His followers, though, refer to him as 'our God'," Laurie continues, "or whatever. The most interesting thing to me is that he was born out of chaos and magick. Therefore, yes, he was powerful like hell in terms of witchcraft and status."

"Yet, he can still be killed."

"Yep." Laurent chuckles, "I'm glad someone decided to step up. You know, Lord of the Knight was one of the slaves in Jovian's palace. He was born a thief, kind of like Robin Hood, except way more ruthless. So, he got sick of Jovian- decided to rebel against him, and well, he found some useful informations in the depth of the underground."

"What's his name?"

"Jaromir."

"Cool name for such hero."

"Oh, he didn't consider himself that. He just wanted Jovian to stop." Laurie mumbles as he puts some small fried tomatoes in his mouth, "so, he found a loop. He found out Jovian had been imprisoning one of the most legendary bird itself-"

"Let me guess, the Phoenix." Love groans. "I've heard its name more these days than I have ever been my entire life."

Laurie nods, "the bird gifted Jaromir a sword to kill Jovian with. Well, not exactly kill, more like 'stun' him."

Love side eyes him. Half believing what he's saying.

"Is he imprisoned?" She asks.

"Yes. I think? I am not exactly sure where they keep him. Only Jaromir and Phoenix know."

"Are both Jaromir and Phoenix still around?"

"Well, I heard Laveau talking about Jaromir hiding somewhere in Crimson Cove a few months ago. Nobody knows where he is for thousand of years."Laurent says, "and Phoenix, I think, since she has lived for more than 5 thousand years- myth has it that she got tired and decided to reside on Earth."

"A she? Phoenix is a she?"

Love flips to the page where she has already written a few things she had already known about Phoenix the bird. "Mmhm. Could be you, though. A reincarnated Phoenix. You do have the sword afterall."

"As much as that flatters me, I don't think so, Laurie." She writes flips the page to the part where she writes about Fenrir, "my dad gave me the switchblade. Orrrrr it could be my mom!"

Laurent shrugs, "have you even asked them about it?"

"How'd you know they are here?"

"Intuition! And beside, I saw Lev with them in medical wing."

"Right, they are helping the wounded." She grimaces, "meanwhile their other daughter is relaxing in dining hall, eating freaking breakfast, which I deserve, by the way."

"Bad morning?"

"I have had worse." Love finishes her meal, stack the plates on top of each other, and put them aside. "Anyways, I am trying to do a blood protection magick."

Laurent looks over her shoulder to peek at the title written on the book. "Oof, bloodbound is one helluva spell. Try something lighter."

"Have you even tried it?"

"No, but my mom has. She sort of practices blood magick her whole life." He shrugs, "she isn't a dark practitioner, that's for sure. Just blood magick and everything that comes with it."

"And? Can I have her number?"

"Oh, she doesn't believe in technology. My whole family lives in Veleno, by the way."

Love blinks a few times, trying to process the information into her train wreck brain. "I don't- you know what? Do I have to use blood for the spell to work?"

"Yes. But it's master level, and you don't know jack about blood magick. Except the time you stopped the dryad." He explains, "it's pretty complex, you know? Don't do it if you're not fully trained in blood magick area. My mom always says blood means 'for life'."

She sighs, grabbing a glass of water before gulping the rest of the fresh liquid down her throat. There's still a pang of nausea at the pit of her stomach, but Love decides to ignore it.

"The magick surrounding Gardenia is so strong, man," she whines, "I don't know how the hell am I suppose to protect myself against those, you know, little blasts of magick that makes me sick to my stomach."

Laurie takes the book from Love. He flicks through the pages while still spooning some lettuce and avocado into his mouth. Love closes her grimoire, feeling a lot helpless and hopeless now knowing she is not as trained and experienced in blood magick.

The clock strikes noon, Love needs to go to the central of the town to write down the rune of the dryad. But somehow, whenever day light happens these days, she has gotten more and more exhausted. By lifting her foot alone feels like an exercise.

"Yes!" Laurie grins, showing the page on the book that Love reluctantly read. "Ask the Elven boy to do the ritual."

"'Prayer of the Elves'." Love reads the title aloud, "Elven race uses the spell in ancient times to protect themselves against other casters. Any negative spells can be reversed by chanting-"

"Hey." Nikolas suddenly takes a seat right across from both of them. "Why so serious in such early noon?"

"Nothing. Doesn't concern you."

"Love would like you to help her with the ancient Elven protection ritual to ward off blood magick in Gardenia," Laurie speaks excitely, "well, since she cannot do the Bloodbound spell. This is the last resort."

Love wides her eyes, nudging Laurent on the side. "He's kidding."

"No, he isn't. You talking about 'Prayer of the Elves', aren't you? That's the first ward spell my mom taught me when I was a kid." Nik says, "why, exactly? Why do you need a magick so strong and ancient?"

"Because... my layers of protection can't help me against the dark witch's spell. It happened exactly like my first day."

Nik nods his head in understanding, he eyes the bag of pomegranate next to her. "What are those for?"

"I am going to offer them to Persephone in exchange of the pomegranates she grew in Underworld." She says, "for Lev. She has it so easy. If I weren't so damned allergic to berries, I could just eat them!"

"And it's going to protect you against the dark spell?"

"Persephone grew them with the soil of the Underworld. So, yes, any dark spells can be absorbed by the fruit." Love doesn't even know how she knows. She is certain that it was Persephone talking.

Love opens her grimoire again only to write 'Prayer of the Elves' at the top of a new page, "I'll do some reading about the spell and ritual. Will you come see me tonight, Nik?" Love asks.

"Under the pink magnolia?" He asks with a smile.

Love sighs, smiling, "under the pink magnolia."

***

Talia and Roman are admiring the big tree at the central of the town. Love comes up to them as she attempts to fight against the bloating she feels after eating a huge meal. The dryad is still asleep, probably hibernating for a really, really long time.

Their corrupted form must have tire them out for good. Just as how possessed humans could be, the entity that has entered their bodies use and take advantage of the power left in the said human until they are completely drained.

'Gardenia's Sigil' Love writes down on her grimoire. She tries to look at how the sigil is shaped.

There is a line of ash surrounding the tree. A line that Laveau has made to prevent it from coming back from its restful sleep with harmful intention. Love steps even closer to the tree, she kneels down to put the flowers she has just picked from the Garden of Eden by a wooden sign with 'BEWARE: CORRUPTED DRYAD of GARDENIA' written on it.

"You will wake up with peace in your heart, life in your eyes, and blossoming garden in your homeland," Love whispers the incantation, "your Goddess awaits you home, she believes in you."

"You're a good woman, my love." Talia extends her hand to help her daughter up to her feet. Love obliges, clutching her grimoire on one side.

"Hmm. It's a basic witch decency." She looks up the tree again. Somewhere in her mind, she sees a circle of mushrooms around the tree. Faeries are already prepared to protect the dryad.

"A nice dryad, she is." Talia says, "but I can sense the townies aren't so happy to see the culprit of their family member's deaths living in the same area as them."

Love grimaces, "I figured."

"Be careful around them, hon. These people may live among casters, but they each have their own beliefs," She places a hand on Love's shoulder gently, "in my early days, I remember some of them plotted against the witches-even organized a riot in front of the castle to remove the 'devil worshippers' from Crimson Cove."

"Wow." Love raises her brows, "were there any witch trials?"

"Centuries before I was born, yes, there was."

Love suddenly thinks of the emperor Laurent was talking about earlier. The one who enslaved men, justified crimes done against kids and women. An image of medieval villages appears in her vision; half the land was occupied for the selfish emperor's carnal desire. He built his imperial palace filled with golds and magicks.

He wasn't just an emperor, he was also the greatest sorcerer in all realities.

'Stunned'.

"Come, sweetheart. Let's get you back to your dorm, hm?" Talia leads Love away from the area.

"I need to speak to Laveau." She shrugs, "are you guys staying long? Please say yes."

Roman smiles at her, "we will be coming back and forth. Though, I still wonder how Lykaion is suddenly in NOLA."

"I told you we were teleporting as soon as we entered the tunnel." Talia smiles warmly at her husband, "that is how magickal our world is, darling. Or as you call it, unexplained science."

"You probably know more than you let on, huh, dad?" Love asks.

"What do you mean, honey?"

"Okay, why don't you explain to me how my deities keep saying that you're not a mortal? Or the fact that you also gave me a historical sword that has been used by the Phoenix bird herself? Oh, my god," Love runs both her hands on her head, almost freaking out at the informations now that she's listed them off. "Our last name is also Phoenix! So, why-"

"Love, sweetheart, calm down." Talia steps infront of her daughter, placing both hands on her shoulders, "Breathe. Let your father think of an excuse, won't you, Roman?" She glares at Roman.

Roman seems taken aback by the accusation. A few townies catch a sight of Love freaking out and decide to walk further away. They know she was the one stopping the dryad. "The-" He wides his eyes, "the switchblade is a sword?"

"The blade is broken in two. But yes. Only Hades was able to complete the blade with his fire!"

"Hades was- Okay, Love." He inhales deeply. Love sticks close to Talia, holding her arm as if to seek for comfort. "Come, let's speak back at school, okay?"

"Roman, speak now. You gave our daughter a possibly dangerous weapon, and now you're going to take responsibility for it."

"Talia, it's not- it's not dangerous. It's what should happen. You know this, you should have known!"

"What?" Love shrieks, "I don't understand. Why the hell would mom know about this? And what the hell are you talking about?"

Now, Love's thoughts racing. Her pulse beats in her skin, and her patience running low. Seeing as how her parents knew something all along-something that she should have known from the start.

"Let's talk somewhere more private."

"Dad!" Love almost yells at him.

"The alley. Come on." Talia leads both of them toward a small alley by a what was once a clothing store.

Love huffs, following them anyway. Her eyes are still fixated on Roman who sighs exasperatedly. When they are in the alley, Love folds her arms infront of her chest, staring her father down.

"Okay. Out with it." She demands.

"I had an involvement with Phoenix." Roman breathes out the answer, "you know what? I was Phoenix."

Love chokes on the oxygen. It felt like an allergy reaction suddenly hit her... but this time? It wasn't from any types of berries. When she turns to look at Talia, she looks down on her feet in defeat.

"The sword was mine to take everywhere I go. The world has no beginning and ending-it's endless, and I use the sword as a company through multiple realities." He confesses further. Love places her hand on her chest to keep the shock from stopping her heart, "I helped everyone who is deserving of my help. I could shapeshift, see through people's glamours-"

Love holds up a hand to stop him, "you- the glamours? I don't-"

"He could, Love. Just like you."

"I don't believe you." Love steps back, shaking her head in exhaustion. "If you can shapeshift, do it now."

Roman shakes his head, smiling sadly. "I have left that life behind, my love. Not when I already have a better life to lead, a family. Something I didn't have for thousands of years."

Talia puts her hand on Roman's shoulder, squeezing it gently in comfort. "For the love of all the Gods and Goddesses." Love hugs herself, "and the reason you kept the most important information ever from me and Lev is...?"

"I don't know. I don't want the two of you to think I am different now."

"And being different is wrong?" She asks.

"No. It's great, yet terrifying. Those who are different tend to know more."

"Oh, gee. Must be a difficult life they have!" Love holds herself back not to yell at her own parents, "if I was still an angry 5 year old, I would have thrown a tantrum right now."

"But you are not. You're stronger."

"Don't you say things like that." Love steps away. "Why didn't you- I cannot- Ugh! And you just gave me your sword, and for what?"

Love pulls out the switchblade from her pocket, presenting it to her parents. Roman immediately takes it from her carefully with a smile on his face. "It's fate, my little." He looks down at his daughter, "you're a descendant of mine. The daughter I chose to fill my position as Phoenix."

"Fill your positio-" Love inhales deeply to contain her anger.

But too late, the sky has suddenly turned dark and darker. It's as if Nyx herself has dropped her veil on to the sky. "Love, I know this is a lot to take in." Talia steps forward, "but you'll be a great warrior. You've done well so far, aren't you?"

"Yes. I will also see a lot of deaths. Not just any people, but you guys'. I still don't understand why you chose me when Lev exists! She is so much stronger, smarter, and more stable. Yet here I am, with the sword of Phoenix, about to travel all the way to Gardenia to free Artemis and Fenrir from the dark practitioner's grasp. Because ooh, I am the only one capable of doing it." She stomps her foot angrily to the ground, almost throwing tantrum. Her parents stare at her in shock. "Don't act so surprised when you're hiding way worse secret than me. I am so mad at you two right now. You put so much pressure on me when I am only 19 year old! All I wanted was to get out of my depressed bubble, learn something at school, and have a good night sleep!"

Without hesitation, Love grabs the switchblade from her father and storms away quickly. People walk faster on the street now that a storm is approaching slowly. Thunder breaks through the sky as Love pulls the hood of her jacket up to cover half her face and head from upcoming rain. She breathes heavily when drizzle begins to fall, cold breeze whips across her face and neck... causing her to shiver.

Everyone took shelter when the rain begins to pour harder, but Love doesn't care. The feeling of rain against her skin, the sound they make against the roof and the pavement, it somehow calms her more than anything.

In the school grounds, Love notices Nikolas and Setsuna speaking by the dormitory building. Another wave of anger washes over her when she remembers how Setsuna treated her back in dining room.

Love blinks away the rain from her eyelids, that until Nikolas turns his head and notices her standing there quite like a stalker. Seeing his face somehow calms her from her down from her anger.

A trustworthy one, a voice in her head says.

And she believes it!

"What the hell are you doing in the rain?!" He yells through the hard storm.

Love wides her eyes, realizing she stopped walking just to admire him from afar. "Uh, nothin'! Just appreciating- um, Zeus and Thor!"

She begins to run to find shelter, and to quickly get out of her drenched clothes. She has decided to meet Laveau as soon as possible, even though it's 5 pm, and she hopes that Laveau wasn't so busy with the survivors.

A lightning crosses the sky as soon as Love enters the dormitory building. Though the sky is dark, yet when the lightning struck, a figure can be seen hovering among the thick clouds, watching over the land of Crimson Cove.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

1.7K 191 36
Keep in mind that I am NOT stupid. But... I still let him screw me over. My best friend saved me soon after that, but now I have to go back? All be...
13.5K 440 43
Book 2 of Mate of the Alpha. My mate was one of the most powerful Alphas in the world, one of the three brothers. No one would have known that he had...
9K 360 21
Welcome back! If you haven't read My Sister's Boyfriend, GO BACK (but not before following and adding this to your library) and CATCH UP! Wyd?!? ***...
130 20 12
Delilah is a witch, in love with a werewolf (Drew). But when her vampire best friend, Mitchel, confesses his love for her, will her feelings for Drew...