The Love We Deny ✔️ [COMPLETE...

By Cloclovilla

#3 - not a cliché Kathanya has always dreamed of becoming a professional dancer, to cheer on the sideline in... More

🔅Synopsis🔅
Cover selection
Characters
Chapter 1 - A dream
Chapitre 2 - Sylvia
Chapitre 3 - Tryouts
Chapter 4 - Results
Chapter 5 - Coffee Addict
Chapter 6 - First day
Chapter 7 - The neighbor
Chapter 8 - The cream incident
Chapter 9 - Gameday
Chapter 10 - Problems
Please Read
Chapter 11 - Rules
Chapter 12 - Friends
Chapter 13 - A job well done
Chapter 14 - The Giants
Chapter 15 - Pain
Chapter 16 - Last Night
Chapter 17 - Getting Heated
Chapter 18 - Tabloids
Chapter 19 - Pride
Chapter 20 - Peter
Chapter 21 - A Date
Chapter 22 - Doubts
Chapter 23 - Double Dating
Chapter 24 - Tensions
Chapter 25 - Lunch
Chapter 26 - The Beach
Chapter 27 - Revelations
Chapter 29 - The call
Chapter 30 - Alisson
Chapter 31 - Spotted
Chapter 32 - Dancing
Chapter 33 - The End
Chapter 34 - Help
Chapter 35 - Keeping Busy
Chapter 36 - A different life
Chapter 37 - Crack
Chapter 38 - A different kind of ending
Chapter 39 - Waiting
Epilogue
Teaser - The Love We Deny

Chapter 28 - What friends are for

1.4K 71 5
By Cloclovilla

When we reached Alisson's place, my pants had visible wet strips from the amount of time I had wiped my moist hands against them. I could tell from the death grip Kyle had on the steering wheel that the situation was driving him mad.

While we waited for Samuel to get to my place, I went ahead and knocked on Kyle's door praying he was home. One look at my distressed look and concern filled his features.

"Grab a coat, I need your help." I pleaded, he didn't even bother asking me what it was, he simply did as told and followed me back into my apartment where Alisson was still crying in Marketa's arms. I silently filled him and. I could tell this situation was angering him more than I had ever seen before. His hands kept balling into fists with each word until I wasn't sure my walls were safe from any collateral damage.

If I was feeling nervous, I couldn't begin to imagine what Al was going through. I had driven over with Kyle while Alisson and Marketa were sat in the back of Samuel's car.

"Stay in the car," Kyle ordered once we were parked. His voice was stern and directing but that didn't mean I was going to listen.

"Like hell I am," I countered. Before he could say anything else, I continued in a calmer voice. "The more we are the better, Al will feel better if we're there to help her pack. This way you guys can just focus on keeping the psycho away," I explained.

I could see the conflict my words had brought in his eyes. On one hand, he knew I was right and on the other, I could tell he didn't think it was safe.

I gently placed my hand in his forearm, looking him straight in the eyes when I added "I'll be okay." I wasn't lying, I knew neither Kyle nor Samuel would let anything happen to us. Plus, I was hoping that seeing two muscular football players in front of him would deter the asshole from trying anything stupid.

He leaned in closer gently pecking me on the lips. "Be careful. I'm only a few meters away if you need me." I nodded, no doubt he would be by my side in the blink of an eye if trouble arose.

We hadn't even reached the front door when it swung open. I barely recognized Luke, he had been well dressed during the double date, but now he was wearing stained clothes that probably hadn't been washed in days. His hair was greasy and all over the place, no doubt an effect of the beer bottle he was holding in his hand.

"Look who's back," he voiced out venomously. Al stopped, looking terrified. "I guess you just can get enough," he continued while pointing to his junk. Not only was he disgusting but he enjoyed embarrassing Al in public. I swear if it wasn't for the in-and-out strategy we had opted for then I might have tried to argue with him. God knows I had enough adrenaline coursing in my veins to last for days.

Marketa and I were by her side, while the boys walked past us and into the house. "Get the hell out of my house!" he yelled, but the guys ignored him a carried on making a human wall between him and Al as she passed through the door.

"You're so full of shit Al! You can't even come home without bringing with you a little army," he seethed.

"Shut the hell up," I heard Samuel yell angrily as he pushed Luke hard against the wall.

"Get your filthy hands off of me!" he responded scratching at Samuel's arm. "I'll call the fucking cops if you don't let me talk to my girlfriend."

Kyle chuckled sadistically, "Please call them," he defied "You're one lucky fucker we haven't done it yet."

Al's shaky breath got my attention, I gently rubbed my hand on her back, hoping it was a comforting gesture for her. She scurried away in the kitchen grabbing everything that belonged to her and tossing it in the boxes Samuel had brought along with him from their house.

"Baby, you know you love me, why are you doing this?" Luke hissed at Alison. Hearing him talk to her completely froze her up. "Stop pretending, I haven't treated you well," he continued, his voice was calm when he addressed her but the edge was undeniable. He was getting angrier by the second and we needed to get a move on if we didn't want to end up with cops all around the house.

I gave a meaningful look to Kyle hoping he would shut him up, be he wasn't fast enough to muffle his next sentence. "I put a roof over your head and food on your table you ungrateful bi-" The last word of his sentence didn't make it past the towel Kyle stuffed into his mouth, but he didn't have to, the message had been clear.

"I'm sorry," Al, answered weakly. Her hands were shaking as she grabbed the last frame in the living room.

"You have nothing to be sorry for," I defended loud enough for Luke to hear. He visibly scoffed. Son of bitch was still trying to belittle her. Both Marketa and I gently pushed her towards the bedroom so she could grab the last of her things.

"What a piece of shit," Marketa voiced once we were safely in a different room as Luke. I wanted to agree with her, but at the same time, I wasn't sure if Al was ready to hear all this in the frail state of mind that she was.

About five minutes later, we had amassed all of our friend's belongings and were packing them into the car. Luke continued cursing from a distance. I found it difficult to understand why Alisson wouldn't press any charges against the man that had physically and mentally abused her for months. It was difficult, but I knew I had to respect her choice. This was her story, her life. It wasn't my place to force this decision on her.

Once we were back in my building, Kyle had offered for Samuel to stay at his while the girls bunked at mine.

As I followed behind the Marketa to enter my apartment, I was pulled back and immediately collided with a hard chest.

The addictive smell of his aftershave surrounded me and I didn't hesitate to wrap my arms around him. No words were exchanged but the way we held on and breathed each other in was more significant than any word that would have left our mouth.

After a brief moment, we separate looking at each other. I could tell he was relieved we were all okay and more than that I could see how much he cared. I hoped my eyes conveyed the same message he was. I was one lucky person to have him in my life.

"What are you up for?" I gently asked once I was back in my apartment. The girls were sat on the couch talking. Al looked up, the sight before me broke my heart. The woman in front of me wasn't the strong and confident woman I had met on the first day of tryouts. The one that'd walked up to me and confidently offered me a job. I had no doubt she was still in there somewhere, but I could also tell that it would take a lot of work and rebuilding for her to get back to where she was emotionally.

I cursed internally. In this instant, I wished for the worst things to happen to Luke. I couldn't understand why some people needed to degrade and tear down others just to feel stronger and more powerful. This level of selfishness and disregard was beyond me. Call me naïve but I wished for this kind of evil to leave and never return.

"A movie maybe?" Al answered, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Absolutely!" I answered hoping to sound brighter than I currently felt. I brought all the junk food, ice cream and juices I could find in my kitchen before letting Alisson choose the movie she wanted to watch.

She ended up choosing Alita, but uncertainty and doubt were clear in her eyes as if she was ready to change at any sign of disapproval.

"Awesome!" Marketa agreed and relief washed over the redhead.

We started the movie and wrapped each other in blankets, Marketa was seated beside me while Alisson was curved in a ball, resting her head on her best friend's lap. I gently stroked the hair on her head like my mom used to do to me when I was having a bad day.

We watched in silence, enjoying the fact that all of us were here together.

"Thank you for coming with me," Al whispered as we continued to lay on the couch covered in soft blankets.

"What are friends for?" I questioned rhetorically, as we all looked at each other. The unspoken words were a bond that we would keep with us for a long time to come. We would always be there for each other, regardless of what issues or disagreements we might have.

-----

Please don't forget to vote if you like it! <3

The FULL BOOK is already available on my Patreon: www.patreon.com/cloclovilla (the link is in my profile)!!

Question of the week:
- Ice cream or sorbet?

I can't wait to get the next chapter out for all of you <3

xoxo Cloclovilla

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8K 7.2K 58
(Complete) After decades, it's the end of an era on The Point. Change is inevitable and Will Drake doesn't like it. Will has the career he always dre...
149K 2.3K 51
"Why won't you let me in Alexis!" He yelled. "Because! If I do you might find a way into my broken life...." I cried, "And try to fix it" I whispere...
99.1K 2.5K 26
*COMPLETED* Ella: College is overwhelming for everyone. Add being a freshman here on a scholarship from Sweden, trying to make a new life for myself...
1.4M 48.3K 34
COMPLETED I've always been the person that does whatever someone tells me I can't. Can't graduate with a four-point-oh? Check. Can't win a modeling...