Be my last love.

By infiniteflames_99

Book of Aarna and Dhruv(Arranged Marriage Series #2) She is an extrovert He is an introvert. she is full of w... More

Author's note
Characters
Prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
note
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
Epilogue
Theif of my heart(AMS#3)
The way I used to live(AMS#1)
Sourire

chapter 23

11.9K 728 393
By infiniteflames_99

Early update😌

Dhruv's POV:

After she was done with her lamenting, we both went for some more rides. When it was time for lunch, we both grabbed burgers and she ate it like she had been starving from the morning.

The hell. The only thing she has been doing from the morning is, eating.

When we were done with our food, we both went for other rides that she had demanded.

When it was nearing the evening, she dragged me to the side and urged me to click the pictures of hers before handing me the camera that she had brought with her.

She was giving weird poses for the camera which successfully attracted the attention of all the passers and they started looking at her strangely as if she was a wacko.

When they were done looking at her, some of them shifted their glances to me, being the photographer of that kook.

"I have nothing to do with her. I am just helping her as a fellow human," So I started explaining to everyone who spared me a glance in a humble tone.

She stopped posing and glared at me after hearing my words and left from there angrily with a huff.

I bit back my smile and followed her closely. She stopped walking and stood in front of a fountain while crossing her hands to her front. come and pacify me soon was written all over her face.

She began giving me side glances but when I fixed my gaze on her, she turned her face to another side with a huff, clearly throwing a tantrum.

I chuckled a little and moved to reach her but halted on my way when the fountain she was standing in front of, suddenly started sprinting the water around.

She must have startled by it as she turned her body around and looking at the fountain with her mouth agape. I started laughing at her muddled look.

The water that was springing up from the fountain pitter-pattered on the people who were standing close to it.

Not even minding it, she was still gawking at that fountain but the only difference was, her muddled look transformed into some sort of admiration.

Since it's winter, it already started getting dark, the neon lights that the fountain was emitting were looking so ethereal in this dingy evening. Seeing this, soon a bright smile adorned her face.

My eyes were glued to her all the time, capturing every minute transformation in her expression. Instead of using her camera, I took out my phone and took a snap of her amused yet serene face discreetly.

I immediately pocketed my phone when I saw her turning around to look at me. I walked up to her and dragged her back a little, shielding her from the pattering.

"Let's head back home, shall we?" I asked her when I noticed that it was near the closing time of the park.

She immediately flicked her wrist to glance at her watch and said," No. Still, 40 minutes are there. I have yet to ride the Ferris wheel. So, please. It hardly takes 20 minutes for a ride to get completed."

"It's already late. You can ride it when we visit here next time." I told her calmly, hoping for her to understand, which was clearly not in her dictionary.

"Please Dhruv, Shaky shake shaky shake just for my sake," She whined while holding my sleeve.

I sighed and looked at the Ferris wheel which was standing so proudly in the middle.

When I nodded at her, she dragged me there immediately. After buying the tickets, we both got settled on the cabin that they had allotted for us.

I sat there silently, crossing my hands over my chest while hearing her rants.

"Dhruv, do you know something?" She asked.

"No," I said in a low tone and closed my eyes a little as the ride hasn't started yet.

"Hmmph. Then listen now. Ever since I have started watching K-dramas, You know, I have this kind of fantasy where two lovers took a ride on the Ferris wheel and shared a hearty lip-lock. How romantic it is." She said in a dreamy tone and I rolled my eyes inwardly.

"But I want to make a little change. In every drama that I have watched till now, it's a guy who always initiates the kiss but I want it to be the other way around." She continued.

"Will you please shut up? Those dumb fiction dramas are far away from reality. So stop your wild fantasies." I told her in an irritated tone.

"Hmmph. They just don't have the ingenious notions. If I will be the one to direct a drama, I will definitely break all those damn stereotypes," She mumbled to herself but I could hear them clearly and chuckled before opening my eyes to look at her.

"Ohh. How will you do it? Care to enlighten me. With your pea-sized brain, all you can do is, coming up with weird ideas. Don't be woebegone...okay?" I told her earnestly and she glared at me before sighing to herself.

Aarna's POV:

"I know. Don't know when will this lord Manmatha(Indian Cupid) take pity on me and blesses me with a blissful romantic life contrary to this boring one!!" I said after hearing his words.

He crackled at me and said, " That's why you guys need to stop watching those stupid dramas as they are making you all delusional. Otherwise, trust me most of you all are going to end up as a spinster but in your case you're fortunate. At least you won't be a spinster as you are already married to me."

"So what!! What's the difference between them and me?? Though I am married, I am living like an old maiden." I whispered and he just shook his head.

Not being able to withstand this silence, I took out my phone from my backpack and started watching some videos.

When I stumbled upon a kiss scene, without feeling any shame, I shoved my phone to his face.

"See this, in this video too, it's a guy who takes the initiative to kiss the girl."

He gave me the stink eye and sounded somewhat irritable, " Girl, have some shame. Is this even a thing to discuss now? Are you so desperate to get a kiss or what!!"

I pouted and placed my phone in my backpack after retrieving my hand back.

"No. It's just that...wait let me demonstrate it."

"I want a girl to initiate the kiss. If I was that girl, I should have grabbed the face of that guy..like this," Saying this, I grabbed his face with my both hands, catching him off guard.

I ignored his stupefied look and proceeded further with a teasing glint playing in my eyes.

"After that, I will slant my face like this and took his lips into a frenzy french kiss," I sported with a smile.

"See.. Just like this," I tilted my face a little and puckered my lips while inching forward a little.

Sensing my move, his eyes immediately got wide opened and he instantly placed his hand on my mouth to prevent me from moving further and gave me an 'are you for real' look.

Having enough fun, I removed his hand and started laughing at his face.

"Do you think I am seriously going to ki-" I swallowed back my words when I was jerked forward by the impromptu movement of the Ferris wheel.

Before I could even get a chance to notice what was happening around me, my lips landed perfectly on his'.

"Oh my freakingggg lord Manmatha. Have you finally decided to spare me a glance or what?" I thought as my mind was thrown into a hazy state.

We both stayed like that for a while, too dumbfounded to even react a little. Dhruv was the first one to come out of this stupor and instantly moved back as if he had touched the fire.

I was thoroughly embarrassed as this situation was completely uncalled for and if possible, I bet my face must be surely resembling a ripened tomato.

"That.. It was...I mean it's not an intentional one. It sta..started moving suddenly. I am sorry." I managed to apologize.

He just nodded a little, looking ahead in a daze as if he was thinking so keenly about something.

"Why is he looking like as if I had robbed him of all his properties? If it's anyone who is at the disadvantage between us, then it should be me. Boy, I lost my first kiss just like that!!" I thought and kept my silence but soon a sneaky smile crept over my face.

Well..To get kissed by my love on the Ferris wheel is one of the top things on my bucket list. Though it was an accidental kiss, I still consider it as one.

When the ride was over, we exited the theme park and started heading home.

Dhruv was completely on silent mode and didn't even bother to spare me a glance. I just made a face at him and I too didn't initiate any conversation with him.

As soon as, we reached home, everyone bombarded me with questions like did I enjoy it there?? Did Dhruv take care of me well??

I answered all their questions patiently with a smile as I was in quite high spirits. I noticed Dhruv going to our room silently without talking with anyone.

"What happened to him?" Athayya asked.

"Nothing. Must be tired," I replied. She seemed to believe my words as she didn't probe me any further.

After saying that I ain't hungry and won't be having my dinner, I went to our room and noticed him talking over the phone with someone. After taking my nightwear, I sprinted into the washroom.

Once I closed the door, I leaned back on it with a smile while touching my lips but it got faded a little after remembering his somewhat aloof behavior.

"Whatever! Another thing on my bucket list is down," I mumbled to myself bashfully with a smile.

When I came outside after taking a warm bath, he went inside the washroom without uttering a word.

Seriously...

While wiping my hair, I suddenly recalled him saying that he is going on a business trip tomorrow. So I immediately dropped the towel on the bed and went to the closet to pack his luggage.

After bringing his clothes to the bed, I placed the luggage bag on the bed before settling myself in front of them and started arranging his clothes neatly in the bag.

When he returned after freshening up and saw me packing his luggage, he came and stood in front of me. My vision got obstructed abruptly by the sudden thing that appeared on my head.

I stretched my hand to touch it and noticed that he had thrown the towel that I had used earlier at my head.

"What's that?" I asked him indignantly, removing the towel.

"Dry your hair otherwise if you get sick, all these crazy people will start blaming me saying that I bullied you," He said without looking at me and continued packing his bag after snatching everything from my hand.

"Will he die if he shows his concern directly?" I thought with a sweet smile playing on my lips and started drying my hair.

When he was done packing, he placed the luggage at the bedside and started heading to the main door.

"Where are you going?" Seeing him heading outside, I hurriedly asked him.

"Study room. I have to make some last-minute preparations for tomorrow's trip." He said without turning back and left.

"Seriously!! This guy is making me feel like I am the bad guy who took advantage of a little innocent girl." I mumbled and slapped myself after realizing the weird choice of my words.

Standing up, I went to the small cupboard in the room and opened its drawer to take my diary out. After taking it, I sat down on the chair there and opened the page where the things on my bucket list are mentioned.

Opening it, I ticked off the wish- ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴋɪssᴇᴅ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴇʀʀɪs ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ

After that, I placed that diary back in its place and closed the door of that cupboard before making my way to the bed. Hopping on it, I laid on my back and covered myself with the duvet.

Pondering over my thoughts, I kept on sighing after thinking about his previous behavior.

Is he feeling guilty for that kiss? Is he feeling like he has betrayed his love? does he really not feel anything for me at all?? Am I that bad-looking? Naah.. That might not be the case as I am so famous for my pretty and cute looks.

"Stop calling it a kiss again and again. It's just an accidental touching of the lips." My conscience chided me.

"The heck I care! Accidental or not, it is still a kiss." I consoled myself.

"Hopeless romantic fool. You are absolutely besotted with him," my inner self mocked me.

I just ignored everything and groaned in frustration, "Damn Dhruv. You are completely messing up with the mite sane brain cells of mine. Such an insensitive brat you are."

Hope you guys liked this chapter.

Thanks for reading.

The next update will be before Tuesday.

Please do vote and comment. Share this book with others if you liked the story so far.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 50.1K 76
Hatred is blind so is Love.... "Never try to change anything here!" His evil eyes did promise me some danger indeed. Meet Esha Varnav, a twenty five...
350K 13.1K 40
BILLIONAIRE × DOCTOR (Marriage series- arranged marriage) English × hindi dialogues ~•••••••~ ~•••••••~ The minute I heard my first love, I sta...
303K 12.7K 25
A marriage with no love. Will it do or divorce? Two people are bound into a relationship where Raghav knows he has to be married someday and doesn't...
2.6M 117K 132
Story of an average looking indian girl fighting with her own demons until our hero enters She has insecurities which she couldn't share with others...