Short stories

Por breathtakingIy

A short story collection by me ⭐ Más

Introduction
Cover up
Mind readers
Secret Love Song
Death Day
Death Day: follow up

Cover up: part 2

19 0 0
Por breathtakingIy

''Do you think she knows?'' is the first thing she asks him when she is sure that Dale is far enough away. 

''Knows what?'' is his response. She raises an eyebrow and turns to look at him. There is a smirk on his face. She sighs and rolls her eyes. There is a large folder with a lot of papers on the table, right where Dale left it. The folder contains all the information and links to the person they have to cover up. It isn't always easy. It is usually anything but easy. 

2:30 pm 

Countless papers are laid out all over the massive bed. They are silent and both writing something down. Connecting the dots and drawing lines between photos. This is what they do for a living, they are good at it. 

''Jones'' he just states. She looks up.

''What?''. She tries not to give herself away by the tone of her voice. 

''We should do it again''. 

''What?''. The pace of Emma's heartbeat is already increasing in her chest. 

''You know very well what''. He doesn't give her the time to respond and kisses her. 

She pulls her lips away from his. She wants this so bad. 

''We really can't do this'' she mumbles, looking into his eyes. She wants this so bad. 

''So let's go for a coffee'' he says instead. He gets up before she can register what he is doing and she bewilderedly follows his lead. He definitely seems to know where is he is going. Is he known here? Why is he staying at a hotel? He leads her to one of her favourite places to get coffee. 

''Let's do takeaway'' she says and he turns around with a smile and nods politely. They both get their favourite coffees and then she leads him to her favourite spot in the park. It's an old wooden bench and the area is super quiet. The sound of the cars fades away here. There are barely any people. You can listen to the birds and enjoy the silence. 

And for the first time since they met, they really talk. For the first time since they met, they talk without thinking about what can and can not be said. They talk about their childhoods. They talk about their lives before work. They talk about the people in their lives they have had to give up for this job. They talk about how they ended up in this job. They also talk about their job. They joke about work. They laugh at each others joke. 

''I am really starting to hate doing this'' she suddenly says. She gasps and clasps her hand over her mouth. She can't believe she just said that out loud. The man laughs in response. 

''Me too'' he says, still laughing. She bites her bottom lip and then laughs as well. 

''Really?''.

''Really.''. 

He plants a quick kiss on her lips and then gets up. He signals his head for her to come with him. They get back to the hotel. Back to work. 

The rest of the workday is going very smoothly. They talk about all the papers. They talk about work. They also talk about non-work related things. They talk like colleagues on a normal job would talk to each other. The only main thing they do not know about each other is their real names.

5 pm

''We really have to keep this a secret'' she whispers in his ear as he is hanging above her once again. Emma is afraid that either of them will end up dead if they don't keep this low, if they don't keep this undercover. She doesn't really mind it if she is the one that ends up dead. But she can't afford him to be killed, in no circumstances. It is crazy how fond she has grown over this man in the past couple of days.

''But that's what we're good at'' he responds with a kiss. ''It's our job''. 

''You're good at more than that'' she hums. Her hands are in his neck and she pulls his face closer to hers. ''Really?'' he asks amused. ''Get that stupid smirk off your face'' she laughs and then kisses him. She flips him over. He is laying on his back now. She is sitting on top of him. He props himself up on his elbows to look at her. 

''What?'' she demands, both of her hands on her hips.

''You're beautiful''. He says it in a soft tone. He means it. 

She can feel the heat rise to her cheeks. This man is beautiful. And she is not just saying that because of the abs that her hands are rubbing over right now. He has such a beautiful soul. She has never met anyone like him. 

She looks up to him and smiles. A dark thought washes over her and she casts her eyes down. He notices, ''what is it?'' he asks. ''I just can't help but worry'' she says. She lowers herself to lay her head down on his chest. His hand finds her hair and strikes it. ''I understand'' he says. He doesn't say anything else, he just brushes his hand through her dark curls. It calms her down. She is bound to fall asleep like this. It has been a long day. 

7 pm 

''Jones? Jones?''. She blinks her eyes three times. She is a little disorientated. She is a little disappointed that he doesn't know her real name. She opens her eyes fully and in front of her is standing the beautiful man. He is only wearing a towel and his hair is still wet from the shower. 

''Hmm?'' she mumbles, questioning what is up. ''We should go eat something'' he says and turns to his suitcase to get out some new clothes. ''What time is it?'' she asks, sitting up straight in bed. ''Seven'' he answers. She steps out of the bed and retrieves her jeans and blouse from the ground.

''What do you want to eat?'' he asks her. ''Utterly difficult question'' she states and he laughs in response. ''Hotdog?'' she thinks out loud, pointing to the stand that is standing on the street corner, a few feet away from them. 

''Hotdogs it is'' he says and they make their way over. He orders two hotdogs, a bag of chips and some sodas. They eat there hotdogs in silence, walking down the street. Emma isn't sure whether she should say anything at all. She is thinking about what to do, what not to do. She is thinking about all kind of worst-case scenarios that could possibly happen. 

''I probably shouldn't stay over tonight'' is what she eventually says. '''Why not?'' he questions, having finished his hotdog already. ''Well, I don't want to get either of us killed, to be honest''. ''That seems fair'' he says at first. ''But I still think you should stay over'' he then adds. 

''Why?''. ''Well, I like you and I will be gone again after this job, which we are almost done with, so I would like to spend the remainder of my time here with you.'' he explains. Emma is quiet. She is processing what he said and what he didn't say. 

They slowly make their way back towards the hotel. Once they are in front of the door she stops walking. She really doesn't know what to do. This doesn't happen often. He takes her hand and tugs it softly. ''One more night'' he requests and she can't help but give in. She wants to take the stairs, but before she can he pushes the elevator button and it's doors open immediately. He pulls her in and the second the doors close he pins her against the wall and kisses her. She doesn't resist, she kisses back right away. 

The elevator doors open with a ping. They have parted their bodies just in time. They separately make their way to his hotel room and when she closes the door behind her, he scoops her up immediately. She erupts in giggles. They keep rolling each other over in the bed. 

Before either of them know it they are both naked and he is slowly kissing down her body. She follows him with her eyes. He kisses back up again. The way they make out is like they will never see each other again. 

''Emma... My name is Emma'' she whispers, breathless, in between the kisses. ''Christian'' he groans and bites her bottom lip. She lets out a small groan as well. Christian bites his own bottom lip and smiles down her with a sexy smirk. She can't help but smile, she is so lucky that she met him, however, so unlucky at the same time. 

8 am 

She wakes up in the large bed alone again. This time she doesn't worry. She doesn't hurry out of bed. She takes her time to wake up. She stretches out and sits up straight. She looks around the room. Only her clothes are spread out on the floor all around the bed. His clothes are nowhere to be found. 

Her eyes dart to the chair his suitcase is supposed to be. Gone. She lets out a big sigh. She slowly gets up out of bed and gets dressed, without a hurry. She even takes the time to wash her face and put her hair up in a ponytail. Once she looks reasonable again, she returns from the bathroom to the hotel room. 

She spots a little piece of paper laying on the table by the window. The light is shining on it. She walks over to the table. It's written in messy handwriting. 

Dale knows. 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

438K 10.9K 60
𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐝𝐨𝐧, 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲, 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥-𝐫...
1.1M 19.3K 132
requests (open) walker scobell imagines AND preferences :) -- #1 - riordan (04.30.24) #1 - leenascobell (05.29.24) #2 - adamreed (04.30.24) #2 - momo...
190K 4K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
98.3K 2.9K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season