Internet Sensation {| Vigilan...

By imeengoldberg

"Even if I don't have a quirk, can I bee a hero?" Silence... "Without a quirk?" "If you want to help others... More

Valor Fandom Preview
1 || Rooftop Dreams
2 || Quirk This, Quirk That
3 || The Vigilante
4 || Cost Sensitive
5 || Train Yourself If Others Won't
6 || The Duo
7 || Months Fly
9 || Rumors Go Around
10 || Tenya Iida Of The Iida Family
11 | Ideas
12 || Sarcasm
13 || Is Viral The Right Word
14 || The Letter
15 || Endeavor Or Flaming Garbage?
16 || Intermission
17 || First Day Jitters The Sequel
18 || Brainwash And Weld
Internet Intermission
19 || Lunchbox Friends
20 || Stalker Material
21 || Speak Of The Devil
22 || That's Suspicious. That's Weird.
23 || It's Not Stalking It's Being Curious
24 || Surprise!
25 || No Pressure
26 || Might Go To Juvy Squad
Internet Intermission
27 || Profiling
28 || Momo's Question
29 || Great.
30 || Security Breach
31 || Eavesdropping
32 || Fuckin' Tuesday
33 || Dome of Discourse

8 || First Day Jitters

9.5K 449 239
By imeengoldberg

     To say Izuku Midoriya was second-guessing wouldn't be a lie. Today was the first time he'd make an appearance as a vigilante. And he hadn't even thought of an alias yet!

     He thought back to his hero names he'd brainstormed as a child.

     "Mighty Man!"

     "Captain All Might!"

     "Super All Might!"

     "All Might Junior!"

     Midoriya cringed at the names, still a little sore from his interaction with the hero. 

     Maybe Mei could help him.

     Turning around in the swivel chair, Izuku look across the shed to Hatsume, who was doing a last-minute check on the gear she'd made for him.

     "Mei, we never talked about my alias." He said, just loud enough for her to hear. Mei stood up abruptly and spun around, "I was waiting for you to ask!"

     Izuku blinked and furrowed his brows, "Really?"

     Humming, Mei nodded, "Obviously! I knew you'd ask so I thought of something for you!"

     Midoriya was a little worried. Mei's ideas were usually over the top and insane. Still, he stayed quiet and waited to hear his best friend out.

     "Alright! Drum roll, please!" She squeaked and bounced. Humoring her, Izuku snickered and hit the scrap metal in front of him as an improvised drum.

     "Valor!" Mei lapped her hands together and jumped in place.

     Honestly, Izuku was expecting something extravagant or odd, but this sounded like just another hero or vigilante name.

     "Why Valor, of all things?" He hummed, leaning foreword and fiddling with an old computer part Mei left on the table. 

     Mei jumped into another chair and nearly fell over. Leaning over the back of the chair, she smiled at him, "It means to have bravery, even in the face of danger! So, I thought it was pretty fitting~"

     Hopping off of the chair, Mei moved back to the gear. Midoriya stared after her, thinking the name over.

     "Yeah!" A huge smile broke across his face, already fairly fond of the name Mei had chosen for him.

     "Valor..." He mumbled to himself. And it felt right.

     Izuku stood on a rooftop that night, rather proud of himself for how easily he made his way up. His face mask, which had no extra features, it was only there to hide his face, muffled his breathing a little.

     Mei spoke into his ear, rather loud, through a communication device she'd made at the last moment, "Make sure you take the less populated side of town, the crime rate there is actually worse because the heroes usually tend to only fight in the more populated areas, so on average you'll run into less heroes there and get to stop more villains."

     Humming, Midoriya carefully made his way across the rooftops, hopping from one to another. He'd brought his bo staff with him over the bat, which was probably a good choice, as it helped him push off of roofs easily.

     Izuku went about for a while, maneuvering around a hero or two on patrol without being seen. It was a considerably quiet night.

     Until he heard a screech. 

     "Get off of me!" A shaky voice screamed. Midoriya immediately jumped down from the low roof, running towards the voice.

     He didn't like the way that sounded one bit. The voice screamed again, and Midoriya could tell it wasn't far away, maybe a few buildings off of where he was.

     Midoriya made it to an alley beside a closed restaurant, where he heard the voice again, but this time with a person behind it.

     "I said get off!" The girl said, pushing somebody away from her, who was advancing on her slowly.

     "Hey, miss, trust me, we're going to have a great time!" The man said, although it was slurred, probably from having too many drinks. Midoriya felt bile rising up in his throat. This man looked to be in his mid forties, and if the fact he was forcing himself on someone wasn't bad enough, this girl looked like she was his age.

     To say he was considering going back on his 'I won't kill anyone' rule he'd set for himself wouldn't be lying.

     Immediately, after realizing he hadn't moved in a second, he lunged foreword and swung his bo staff at the man. The man reacted rather slowly, but moved away enough so that he didn't take nearly as much damage.

     The man stumbled back, his eyes snapping to the vigilante with both confusion and rage. Despite being tipsy, he seemed quick on his feet and Midoriya considered that he may know how to fight.

     Midoriya immediately took that thought back as the guy threw an ill-aimed punch. It hadn't even come close to the vigilante, so he didn't dodge.

     Izuku swung the bo staff under the man's feet, but as his feet came off of the ground he didn't fall. He floated above the ground and rose up quickly until he was far above Valor's head.

     So his quirk has to do with levitation or flight. I don't see any wings and he hasn't moved to the side, only up, so I'd assume levitation.

     Not wasting any time, Midoriya made sure the girl was out of the way before pushing off of the ground with his staff. He jumped off of the walls, as the alley was small enough to do so, until he landed on a power generator level with the man.

     Before the man could go higher or sink down again, Izuku jumped, swinging his legs around the man's shoulders and put him into a headlock. The man seemed to loose control of his quirk, and they fell down to the ground.

     Midoriya was more focused on not killing them both than what the man was doing. He managed to use the staff to slow their fall and angled them to land on some trash bags that were, by far, softer than the asphalt.

     Before he could let any relief set in, Mei talked to him again.

     "He's pulling out something and it looks like a knife!"

     Izuku whipped around and managed to block the knife with the bo staff. The clank! rang throughout the alley and Izuku snuck a glance at the girl to make sure she was still safe.

     He shouldn't have taken his eyes off of the man, because the man moved the knife so that it grazed his chest. Or at least, it would have, if it weren't for the bulletproof vest he had on underneath the hoodie.

     "I know you're wearing the vest but watch out anyways! I don't need you or my babies getting hurt!" Mei said in his ear. Midoriya mumbled a 'sorry' that only Mei would hear and pushed back against the man, making him fall back.

     Before the man could get back up again, Valor flipped himself up, slamming the end of the staff to the man's chest so that he couldn't try anything.

     "You really are a disgusting piece of trash." He growled, a little surprised at the anger in his own voice. He moved the bo staff away, and let the man look relieved that it was no longer on him.

     Before promptly slamming it into the side of his head and knocking him out.

     He let out a relieved sigh, grabbing some zip ties out of his pocket and zip tying his wrists together. Zip ties were way less suspicious to buy than handcuffs, as Mei pointed out for him.

     He was about to as Mei to anonymously call in some police and explain when he heard a shaky, "Whoa, thank you- I have no idea what he might've done if you hadn't shown up..."

     Spinning around of his heels, still crouching, Izuku cursed himself for forgetting about the girl.

     "I'm Momo Yaoyorozu, are you a new hero?" She asked, walking a bit loser, but not too close as to be cautious.

     Just now he realized she'd heard his voice. He'd have to talk to Mei about a voice changer later, just in case.

     "Ah, er, no, not really. I mean, I'd like to be considered a hero, but I'm not one by legal standards." He said awkwardly as he triple-checked the zip-ties.

     Yaoyorozu stilled for a moment, before a figurative light-bulb went off in her eyes, "You're a vigilante?" She asked, as if the word was foreign in her mouth. Honestly, it probably was.

     A moment of silence passed over the two before Momo spoke again, "Well... You're a hero to me, mister... uh... Do you have a name?" Yaoyorozu asked, fiddling with her hands nervously.

     "Valor. I go by Valor." He raised a gloved hand to Momo, a small smile on his face that she couldn't see through his mask.

     With a grin, she shook his hand and thanked him. Looking over to the man, who was still out like a light, she furrowed her brows.

     "What are you going to do about him?"

     Midoriya looked back, "Well, I was going to call them myself, but if you could, could you call the police and tell them what he did? I'd like him to face some consequences, and they'd probably believe a citizen over a vigilante any day." He chuckled and gripped his staff.

     Momo hummed and grabbed a phone out of her boot, opening the call menu. She hesitated, looking back to Valor, "What if he wakes up before they get here, what do I do?" She wondered, a little scared as she glanced to the middle-aged man.

     Valor looked around and spotted a roof  across the street with a clear view of the alley. He pointed up at the roof, "Don't worry, I'll be over there. If he tries anything, I'll be here just in case."

     Momo agreed and called the police, keeping an eye on either the man or Valor at all times.

     The police arrived and took her statement. Despite glancing at him once while they weren't looking, Momo gave no hints to the police that the vigilante was still there. All she'd done was give them a description of what he'd done and his alias, and Valor thanked her mentally for that.

     After making sure Momo ended up getting home safe, Midoriya stopped a few more people. None nearly as terrible as the first, but he stopped them nonetheless. He made conversation with Mei and told her about his voice changer idea, to which she seemed excited to start working on.

     The first night was a success, he concluded.

{1740 Words}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153 0 8
Vigilante (noun) : A member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community, to put it simple, something very...
4.2K 177 9
After thousands upon thousands of years, the world of sorcerers and curses was dieing out due to the hope inspired by the heros and few remained. Izu...
8.9K 456 9
Izuku Midoriya. Quirkless. Has been his entire life. Always will be. And yet, that's not all. He's bullied. Despite the impressively shitty hand lif...
55.2K 1.7K 44
Izuku Midoriya once only saw gold in the hero society, now he sees only blood, where are the real heroes? where were they when the people around him...