Serendipity

By AMAC45

In Emma's 21 years of living she has been to hell and back. She relies on a handful of people to keep her goi... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154

85

2.1K 67 9
By AMAC45

Emma's POV

Me: Hey Bella how much was that Lingerie that I ripped?

Baby Bells: I think 50 bucks.

Me: 👍

Me: I just sent you some money to replace it.

Baby Bells: You didn't have to do that Emma.

Baby Bells: But thank you

Me: Of course.

Me: How are you?

Baby Bells: I'm good.

Baby Bells: I got my period a few days after fashion week.

Baby Bells: Still kinda lonely without a partner.

Me: I know you'll find someone.

Me: And who knows.

Me: Maybe you've already met them.

"Emma we gotta go." Ash says.

"Alright." I say then I quickly text Bella bye and that I love her then I put my phone up and hold my future wife's hand as we walk to the court room.

"Who were you texting?" Jessie asks.

"Bella." I say. "I sent her some money for the..."

"Gotcha." Jessie says then she pulls me down and ghosts her lips over my ear. "Did Bella or I taste better."

"You do." I say. "Easily you...like it's not even close."

"Bella did taste nice though." Jessie whispers and I nod.

"Are you still okay with what we did?" I whisper.

"You know I am Sharky." Jessie says with a smile then she softly kisses me. "But thank you for checking up on me."

"I just don't wanna lose you." I mumble.

"You'll never lose me." Jessie says.

"Promise?" I ask.

"You see this?" Jessie asks and holds up her ring. "This means you're stuck with me forever."

"Thankfully I can't wait to spend forever with you." I say with a smile as we reach the court room.

Once in the courtroom my teammates and I sit down on the side of the court room behind our lawyers.

It's been around three weeks since the Olympics and today is our equal pay lawsuit trial.

Even though Canada isn't playing a game this international window, Jessie was able to come with me to America since she told her club that we had doctor's appointments for the twins during this international break, which is true, but I really just wanted my Fiancée to be with me during the trial.

After the trial we head to Utah to play our first friendly against Mexico then we head to LA to play Brazil in the Rose Bowl

"Where are the twins?" Ash asks as Shadow lays at my feet.

"My Mom's wife is doing some photoshoot here in San Francisco so she's watching them right now." I say.

"I still can't believe your Mom's alive." Alex says from the other side of Jessie.

"Me either." I say.

"They announced the Olympic team of the tournament." Jessie whispers then she show me her phone.

GK and Defenders:
Emma Harris-USA
Ali Krieger-USA
Lucy Bronze-Great Britain
Becky Sauerbrunn-USA
Crystal Dunn-USA

Midfielders:
Julie Johnston-USA
Daniëlle van de Donk-Netherlands
Jessie Fleming-Canada

Forwards:
Christine Sinclair-Canada
Vivianne Miedema-Netherlands
Christen Press-USA

"They actually did pretty well." I say.

"ALL RISE." A bailiff says then everyone stands.

"Be seated." The judge says then everyone sits down.

Once everyone is sat the trial starts so I zone out

"We call Emma Harris to the stand." US Soccer's lawyer says.

"About motherfuckin' time." I say then I kiss Jessie before Shadow and I walk up to the stand.

Once Shadow and I are on the stand I raise my right hand.

"Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?" The bailiff asks.

"I do." I say.

"You may be seated." The judge says so Shadow and I sit down.

"Ms. Harris." The US Soccer federation lawyer says. "Did you make money will you were a student at UCLA?"

"My Salary from US Soccer was set aside into an account that was run by my cousin." I say.

"So if you didn't have any money from US Soccer, how did you afford to pay for college and pay for a house?"

"OBJECTION." Our lawyer shouts. "Lack of relevancy."

"Sustained." The judge says.

"I mean I'll answer the question if you want me to." I say.

"Your answer?" The US Soccer federation lawyer asks.

"You really wanna know how I made my non-football money?" I ask as Shadow licks my hand.

"I think we all do." The US Soccer federation lawyer says then the entire courtroom gets quiet.

"At the age of five I walked in on my mother pretending to be murdered by my father because she knew that if she didn't disappear then he would kill me like he killed my older brother Axel." I say. "From the age of 5 to 16 I was racially abused by my own father every damn day just because I was half black. When I was 15 and 16 I was raped every day by my high school coach because he knew nobody would believe me if I told. When I was 18 I got called up to the US Women's National team and won the 2015 World Cup. A few weeks after that I was kidnapped in Greece and subjected to daily torture until one day I escaped. Between August of 2016 and June of 2017 I became an alcoholic because the manager your federation chose to hire drove me to drink."

I take a deep breath then continue.

"My mom left me her entire estate which was worth hundreds of millions of dollars so that I could support myself and get away from my father when I was 16. In 2017 I was awarded 30 million dollars by the Greek government in a settlement for my kidnapping by a high profile Greek Citizen. In 2019 my father gave me 35 million dollars and 6 apartment buildings around the world so that I wouldn't ruined his life but I ruined it anyway. And for the last four to six years I have written many songs and done hundred of photoshoot's that have earned me money." I say.

I take a deep breath then look right at the US Soccer federation lawyer.

"That's how I earned my money." I say then I lean back in my chair.

"Then why do you need this equal pay?"

"I'm fighting for my teammates who won back to back World Cups, but weren't paid like they won two World Cups." I say. "I'm fighting for every little girl in the country who wants to be a professional footballer. I'm fighting so little girls and women all across this country know that they are valued in society...I'm fighting so my daughter grow's up in a better world than I grew up in."

"No further questions." The US Soccer federation lawyer says then he sits down.

"No Questions your honor." Our lawyer says then Shadow and I leave the stand and head back to my seat.

Once back at our seat, Shadow lays down then I sit down in-between Ash and Jessie.

"Dickhead." I mumble then I cuddle with my cousin.

"You did great." Ash whispers as I feel Jessie's hand rub my back.

Thought out the rest of the trial I stay cuddled up to my cousin.

Once the trial ends I follow my teammates out of the room then we all head down the street to a restaurant where we have a private room.

"What happened?" I ask as I sit down on one of the couches with my fiancée.

"We won." Christen says with a smile. "But they'll probably appeal it so it'll go to the US Courts of Appeals."

"Do we have to testify again?" I ask.

"Only if it goes to the Supreme Court." Becky says.

"Did I say the right things?" I ask.

"Emma I'm pretty sure you're the main reason we won." Pinoe says.

"Really?" I question as I pick up a menu.

Everyone nods so I shrug then look at the menu with Jessie.

"I'm so proud of you." Jessie whispers then she kisses my cheek.

"Thanks." I mumble then my girl and I look over the menu.

Once we know what we want, Jessie and I order our food on the little tablets on the table

"Should we tell the team?" I ask.

Jessie nods so I look at my national team teammates.

"Uh oh." Ash says gaining everyone's attention. "That's not a good look."

"What's wrong?" Sam asks.

"Nothing bad." I say then I feel Jessie intertwine our hands.

"What's going on?" Alex asks.

"Jessie and I are selling our house in LA." I say. "We feel that since we own Real Miami that it makes more sense for us to have our home there instead of on the other side of the country."

"Aww." Christen says.

"What are you doing with your house?" Ali asks.

"This is why were telling you guys first." I say. "If any of you would like to view it and potentially buy it then we would be more than happy to give you a tour of our house when we're in Los Angeles in a few days."

"Are you buying a house in Miami?" Ash asks.

"We're looking at all our options." I say.

"Are you two going to play in the NWSL?" Tobin asks.

"We've thought about coming back in the future, but right now we're both very happy in London." Jessie says.

"We also don't know how owning a team will affect us signing with a team." I say.

"Could you not just play for Real Miami?" Lindsey asks.

"We've asked the commissioner of the NWSL what we could do, but she hasn't gotten back to us." Jessie says.

"Well whatever you do we'll be behind you 100 percent." Christen says making Jessie and I smile.

"But for now I need food" Ash says.

"Alright Ash." Ali say as everyone chuckles. "Let's order you some food."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 5.7K 52
This story is about two twins who both play soccer and come from a rough home life. Soccer is their safe place. What happens when the USWNT visits th...
155K 4.3K 30
(BOOK ONE) Logan Scott is at the end of her college soccer career, next up is the professional stage and pledging allegiance to the Nation she feels...
56.3K 1.7K 32
Leah doesn't let new people into her life. She is a fairly well known "celebrity" now. She isn't sure who to trust other than those she was close wit...
Free Solo By Alex

Fanfiction

688K 17.3K 114
Audrey was around the US Women's national team for the first 18 years of her life, but something happened and she's been gone for almost 4 years. Wha...