A Witch Hunt | Jasper Hale x...

By Mrs--Marvel

As a new member of the Cullen family, new adventures are taken when an incident pushes the Cullens to move aw... More

Extra Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 6

5.6K 208 43
By Mrs--Marvel

They got back to the hotel, met with a very worried Cole and Alice. "Where did you go?" Alice interrogated when they walked into the hotel room. Y/N jumped a little at the sudden question, having received it loud and clear before the door was even fully opened.

She told the worried vampire quickly, "My vision came true."

Alice's eyes widened a little and Y/N was quick to reassure her, "But we're fine. We found the witches and made peace with them. The mother agreed to teach me and they want to meet you tomorrow when I start my training."

"Mother?" Cole asked.

"It's a witch thing," Jasper and Y/N spoke at the same time, so used to saying the phrase to sum up a lot of explanations. Cole nodded, having heard the phrase so many times it didn't lead him to questioned any further.

"Will it be safe to meet them?" Alice asked, concerned for them all. Y/N nodded and Jasper spoke, "Romina, their leader, promised not to hurt us as long as we don't hurt them. We should be fine."

Alice nodded, accepting the answer. She sighed and looked at Y/N, "Have you eaten yet?" She nodded slowly, "Yep, grabbed breakfast with Cole."

"When?" She asked.

Y/N shrugged, "At like eleven."

Cole shook his head and told Alice without looking away, "It was ten. We got beignets at the Café du Monde."

Jasper spoke, "It's three in the afternoon. You need to eat, come on."

~

After she ate, Jasper took her back to the hotel to discuss the living situation and explained that they'd be moved into a house by the end of the week.

When Y/N woke up the next morning, she made sure to wake up early. She got ready and headed over to the place she'd found the witches. On the way there, Alice asked, "Are you sure we should come with you? I don't think this is a good idea."

Y/N shook her head, "Don't worry, Alice. Besides, if it wasn't a good idea, I'd have to take you anyway. She's the leader of the coven of this city, we're on her lands, technically. This is basically an order."

Cole walked over, "So what kind of magic stuff will you be doing?"

Y/N shrugged, "I dunno." She bit her lip as she saw his red eyes. She contemplated the problem with him having red eyes. He could be seen as a possible threat and the witches would have good reason to send them away. They could possibly sense his newness since he was barely a day old and be dismissed, but they will ask questions.

She shook her head to rid her of her concerns and continued walking. When they got to the place they'd found the witches, they waited for them to show. When they finally did, Y/N smiled and bowed her head politely to Romina, the others following her lead.

Romina smiled, "No need for that, dear." She looked at her friends, the others behind her examining them as well.

Romina turned to Cole and asked, "Are you a newborn?'

Cole nodded, "Yes, ma'am. I was turned last night, under will, of course." Y/N was so happy Nicolas was so polite and proper. He would earn them points.

Romina nodded and turned to Alice, "And you, Chosen One, what is your gift?"

Alice spoke politely, "Precognition, ma'am."

Eileen stepped forward, "What's your name?"

Nicolas spoke, "My name is Nicolas Colt, everyone calls me Cole. This is my girlfriend, Alice Cullen."

Romina nodded at the answers, seemingly assessing the vampires who had entered her city. "You have more in your coven, yes? Who are they?"

Y/N spoke this time, being the witch, she had way more points than the others. "Dr. Carlisle Cullen and his wife Esme Cullen are the head of the Cullen family. Our brothers and sister's names are Edward Cullen, Emmett Cullen, and Rosalie Hale. Edward Cullen is another Chosen One, a telepath. Emmett and Rosalie are mates as well. At the moment, they are in New York."

"You have a doctor?" Romina asked, surprised.

Y/N nodded and smiled, a little more proud to say this than she probably should have been, "Yes, Dr. Cullen as no counts on his record, he's glowing. He was born in the 1640s, never fed on human blood once and he's a skilled doctor and surgeon."

Romina was impressed by Y/N's formal explanation. Y/N was no stranger to introductions. When witches introduced others, it was customary to give name, age (for reference purposes), important family or friend relations, and profession (if there was one). Romina was impressed with all of this information and it was earning more and more points.

Romina suddenly spoke, "Oh, how rude of me. I should take you to the coven residence. Come along now, the sooner we get there, the sooner we can start your training."

Y/N almost rushed behind her, but Jasper's arm around her waist helped to refrain her from doing so. They walked as a group, following Romina away. They walked for a while and eventually reached the bayou.

Romina snapped her fingers and beckoned all of them to follow her. The witches walked in first, save for Y/N, who was confused. They followed after her and felt like they passed through some sort of force field. Y/N realized it was some sort of force field. They kept their residence hidden from the mortal world with some sort of shield, others could only get in if they has permission.

Y/N smiled as they walked up to the very large and very gorgeous house. No, mansion was definitely the right word. It was beautiful and Y/N wandered why it was so big when it only housed four witches. "Your home is beautiful, Mother."

She smiled, "Thank you, my dear." They got to the door and Mariah opened it, stepping inside before moving aside to let everyone in. Y/N realized then why it was such a big house. A ton of witches walked around the house, talking, studying, laughing, doing on with their business. She'd never seen so many witches in her life.

Her wonder was cut short when the witches caught sight of the vampires who had just entered their home. They turned sharply, tapping into their magic as they got ready to defend one another. On instinct, Y/N activated her own magic, ready to fight. Jasper, Alice, and Cole hissed, also acting on instinct.

Romina announced, "Everyone, please. These are our guests. Do not worry about the Sun Children, they will bring no harm to any of you. Please, treat the kindly."

The witches slowly backed off, going back to their daily business like nothing ever happened. Y/N asked, "Is this your whole coven?"

Romina nodded, "Yes, well. I said before that I was the leader of the French Quarter witches. I'm actually the leader of the New Orleans witches, I just started out as the French Quarter. This is the residence of all the New Orleans witches and warlocks, I am their leader. Within the groups, they have their own sub-leaders as well."

Y/N smiled, "This is so wonderful. I've never seen so many witches."

"What do you mean, dear?" Romina asked.

Y/N shrugged, "I did say my parents were too afraid to use their magic. We had a very small coven, but it disbanded before I was born, the coven grew too scared. We never stayed close to other witches."

Romina frowned, "Well, you will find here that these witches and warlocks are as much family as any. As you train, these people will become like family, trust me."

Mariah randomly spoke, "Will you need me for training, Mother? I'm tutoring Cassy in a little while."

Romina thought for a moment, "I shouldn't no. But I do want Celene today. I may call you, Eileen, down later on as well." Eileen nodded, "Yes, Mother. Do you want me to keep the guests occupied?"

Romina nodded quickly and turned to them and said, "Please, feel free talk with the witches, they won't bite." Alice and Cole gave Y/N a quick nod. That wasn't enough for Alice, though. She spoke, "We're going to go mingle. Have fun and call if you need us."

Y/N nodded and they left to go talk with some witches. Mariah spoke, "Merida, where have you been?" She smiled as she turned around, seeing a white snake in the windowsill next to the door. She picked up the snake and Y/N noticed the snake tattoo on her hand, her familiar mark. "This is my familiar," she said, "Merida is sweet, don't worry about her."

The white snake had a green arrowhead shape on her head and green eyes. "If you need me," Mariah spoke, not bothering to finish the sentence since they already knew what would come after. She swiftly turned, dotting over the animal now wrapped around her hand.

Celene nodded, "Yeah, my owl and her snake didn't get along at first. She kept trying to eat Merida. Owls, am I right?"

Romina laughed, "Yes. Come, let us give you your first lesson, Y/N. Jasper, you are welcome to join us." Jasper, without question, came with, fully intent on making sure Y/N was okay. Romina led them outside and Y/N asked, "So how many witches are there here, anyway?"

Romina thought for a moment before answering, "Almost a hundred, maybe. It would normally be a larger number, but witches aren't in as much abundance in this world than we'd hope."

Y/N nodded in understanding. Their race wasn't near extinction, but it wasn't exactly common either, which is why most vampires end up shocked and surprised when they meet witches. There were a few witches outside practicing together when Y/N, Romina, Jasper, and Celene came outside.

Romina found a space for them and said, "First, we'll try out the very basics of each type so we can figure out which witch you really are. Celene is my creature witch, Mariah is my healer, and Eileen is my aqua. I, myself, dabble in many different types, but my first was herbs."

Jasper listened quietly, sitting on the side as he watched all of them. "Celene, I'll let you take her since you know the basics for all of this. I'll be watching."

Romina walked over to sit next to Jasper, who shuffled very slightly before settling again. Celene told Y/N, "Okay, since this is my special area, we're going to try creatures!" Y/N smiled at her enthusiasm, getting ready to work with her.

Romina spoke quietly to Jasper as she watched. "So, how long have you and Y/N been mates?" Jasper looked over and then back at Y/N, an unrealized smile spreading over his lips. "I've known her for around seven months. We only very recently got together, but I've had feelings for her for quite a while, I've come to realize that they have been shared for that same while."

Romina nodded as she listened, "Can you tell me about her situation with these former nomads? I trust you know of her former living situations?"

Jasper nodded, never taking his eyes from Y/N as she worked her magic with Celene. "Their names are James, Victoria, and Laurent, James was their leader. They were American nomads. When Y/N's parents were killed by vampires, she was 15. They found her not long after and kept her for her magic. Laurent pretended to be her mate during the time she was with them so she wouldn't leave. James was working up to killing her before they ran into us.

"One of our coven, Edward, he fell in love with a human, she was with us when they found us. James was a tracking vampire, he loved to hunt and Bella, the human, became his next target. Laurent came with Y/N later on that night to warn us of James and he left Y/N with us. She was scared, I could feel it. She didn't know what to do. If she helped us and we lost, James would have done something to her that was worse than death. If she helped us and we won, she didn't know if she would actually be able to trust us.

"She did end up helping us kill James and save Bella. But his mate, Victoria, was furious. I took Y/N to prom soon after and she was attacked by Victoria. She promise a fate worse than death, but that she would wait out her time for Y/N and Bella. Part of the reason she wants to learn from you is so she could be able to properly defend herself and us all. She's a good witch. We took her in, she's been living with us since."

Romina had listening intently, wanting to know of Y/N's story. She nodded and asked, "Why did you decide to come here, other than lessons, there has to be another reason than just wanted to lessons from me."

Jasper sighed, looking down at his hands as he spoke, "Edward decided that our presence in Bella's life put her in danger. We had to move far away from her so she could move on with her human life, so we did. Y/N had just found a home and she didn't want to leave Forks. So we came here to ease that."

Romina tilted her head, "What about you? I see such light in you, yet such darkness. What happened to you?"

"War and deceit. I'm one of the last survivors of the Southern vampire wars. I was brainwashed into thinking a vampire loved me and conditioned to do what she told me. When I left, I found Alice and she pointed us in the direction of the Cullens. We joined the coven and that's how we ended up here," Jasper said.

Romina smiled a little, "I like you. You and your coven are different than all the other vampires we've met. I'm sure you have friends who are like you, as well. Thank you, Jasper. You've been a great help."

"Mother," Celene spoke. They looked back over to Celene, who had an owl perched on her arm. She handed Romina a note, "She brought it in. It's from Trinity, she's headed back tonight." Romina stood and grabbed the note Celene handed over.

She smiled and nodded, "Very well then. Thank you, Celene."

Y/N cooed to the bird, "Pretty bird."

Celene smiled and explained, "This is Camille, you can call her Cami. This is my beautiful familiar." The bird preened under the attention she was being given, honestly loving all of it. Romina quickly wrote up a note and called Ronin, who swiftly flew over and grabbed the note.

"Take this to Trinity, please. Stay safe," she said, calling the last part to the bird who had taken off. She then turned to Camille, "You, Cami, go rest up. There's some treats and attention waiting for you inside." The owl hooted and flew in the house through one of the open windows Y/N guessed were specifically left open for the birds.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 257 15
❝Watch your words.❞ He snapped. ❝Or what? You're taking my senses away from me?❞ ☘ When Adeline Cullen found her mate who happens to be the most fea...
197K 4.4K 36
A new coven shows up in Forks. Luciana Rossi and her very large family/coven show up Bella's senior year ready for a new start. They slowly learn how...
60.4K 2.3K 22
All is well back at home, for the most part. But the peace that has finally resettled over the Cullen household is disrupted once again when Victoria...
52.5K 804 32
Eilijah is Carlisle's daughter from before he was turned. She went looking and got bitten too. She's been looking for him for years, what happens whe...