Incapable of Love | IwaOiKage

נכתב על ידי Boke_Beany

Everyone is born with a soulmate mark, placed somewhere random on your body. Some easy to cover, some hard. S... עוד

I'm Strong, Right?
Why am I Surprised?
Who is He?
Screams and Shouts
Seijoh Match
Cuts
Grocery Shopping
Candy
Sleepover
Nekoma
Cherries
Rewritten
All Their Fault
Memories
Aftermath
Impress Me
Hikaru
A Glance: Kindaichi
Christmas Special
The Week Isn't Over Yet
Picnic
Ferris Wheel
Alone
"Tsukki!"
A Glance: Yamaguchi
Ignore It
"Tobio?"
Goodbye
What They Asked For
Epilogue
...what's a Goody Two Shoes?
A Glance: Rei Ikumoto
Inevitable Announcement

We Will Win

12.1K 462 408
נכתב על ידי Boke_Beany

Karasuno were sitting in the stands, watching Seijoh's match. They just won against Date Tech, the team Karasuno lost to before, the one that made Azumane-san want to quit. But they won in the end, and now they were here, watching Oikawa serve.

Tobio watched carefully as the ball went up and was slammed into the ground, the sound resonating throughout the venue. It was.. mesmerizing. Tobio has been trying to perfect the serve for years, watching countless videos of Oikawa's serve just to master it. But he wasn't good enough. Nothing could compare to the original.

"Sure, his serves are scary, but Oikawa as a setter is completely unknown to us", Sugawara said. Well, not all of us.

"Y'know... a setter is like a conductors. Even if you have the same orchestra, the same song, if the conductor is different, you'll get a completely different sound."

"How do I put it... It seems like they have some sort of powerful connection..." Sugawara commented, and Tobio felt a sharp pang.

"Oikawa-san and Iwaizumi-san, the number 4, gave known each other since they were small. They're also soulmates."

That came out a bit strained, and Sugawara gave Tobio an odd look, but didn't ask. Tobio felt Hinata's gaze on him, as if to see if Tobio was going to say anything about his bond with them.

The ball slammed into the floor, earning a point for Seijoh. That was it, they won. Karasuno was up against them next.

"Alright, make sure to eat a proper dinner and get a good night's sleep, got it!"

The team was dismissed, and Tobio immediately went on his way, not bother waiting for Hinata like he usually does.

We're up against Oikawa-san tomorrow. I'll have to face them, and it would be tense when we meet up to talk, no matter who wins.

Tobio remembers the first few attempts to ask Oikawa to teach him his serve. Oikawa kept saying his motto, "If you're gonna hit it, then hit it till it breaks", instead of teaching him.

"Hey, Kageyama! You're gonna end up permanent forehead wrinkles even though you're still just a teen!"

"What?!"

"Tomorrow, we're going to defeat the Great King..."

Defeat... Oikawa-san...

"...and end up on TV, so you should practice looking good for that!"

"Mind your own business!! We'll win that match. If we don't, we can't advance."

Tobio stared at the ceiling of his room, he couldn't sleep, He was nervous but excited, for the match at least. He was scared of what came after. The talk.

If Karasuno won, they'd probably prefer to not see Tobio's face, and they'd either not show up or end up saying rash things from frustration. But if Seijoh won, Tobio doesn't know how to handle that. He'd probably go through a depressive episode. He'd have to show up though, he needed answers.

The stadium was loud, Aoba Johsai's cheering squad was bigger than Date Tech's. And they also had...

"Oikawa-kun!!! Do your best!"

Tobio flinched, still not used to screaming fangirls. He looked over to see Oikawa waving at said girls, and he wondered how Iwaizumi didn't feel jealous.

Maybe he is, I would be.

He ignored the part of him that pointed out that he just implied he was jealous of Oikawa's fangirls.

Then again, at least they got his attention. Tobio doesn't get anything.

They lined up, and Tobio stared at Oikawa. This was it, his first ever official match against him. He ignored the obvious emerald eyes staring at him. The match has begun.

As Tobio walked towards the coach, a voice called him.

"Hey, Tobio."

Tobio stopped in his tracks, facing Oikawa.

"I came here excited to take down the genius setter, do your best and hold on. Don't forget about this Saturday."

Tobio decided to not say anything about that last remark.

"We will win-"

"We won't lose!" Hinata budded in.

"Don't butt in when I'm talking, Hinata you jackass!"

Tobio tried to hit Hinata, but his damn reflex is too good. Tobio finally manged to move in front of Hinata, facing Oikawa again.

"We will win."

Tobio walked away, not noting how Hinata glared at Oikawa, taking the captain by surprise. "Don't hurt him more than you already have."

Tsukishima served first, and Kunimi received it cleanly.

"All right", muttered Oikawa. Iwaizumi and another guy from Seijoh, who Tobio didn't know the name one, went to spike.

It's been a while since I've seen Oikawa's set up so close.

Oikawa jumped to set- but ended up spiking it himself instead of setting. A setter dump.

Tobio saw Oikawa smirk. "I'll be doing the same thing again. Don't stand there so out of it. Pay attention."

Tobio was pissed.

The next serve was by the same guy Tobio didn't know the name of -which he found out is Matsukawa- but Daichi received it. Tobio got in place, and sent a quick set to Hinata.

The ball flew through the air, but a pink haired Seijoh player -wow, Tobio should really remember their names- picked it up.

Oikawa looked like he was going for another setter dump, more obvious this time, and jumped. Tanaka and Hinata, who were still angry about the previous setter dump, jumped to block it, only for Oikawa to seamlessly change his posture and set it to Iwaizumi, who smashed it down.

Point for Seijoh.

The Matsukawa guys served again, Nishinoya picking the ball up with ease.

"Bring it!!"

Hinata jumped, Kindaichi following, but Iwaizumi noticed that Tanaka was also approaching. Oikawa was ready to block, when he saw that Azumane was coming from the back for a supposed pipe.

Tobio stood under the ball, ready to set. Oikawa and Iwaizumi watched carefully to see who he'd set to-

Only for Tobio to do a dump. Right in front of their faces.

Even Karasuno was surprised. The stadium roared with amazement.

"I'll be doing the same thing again. Pay attention."

"You stupid little brat" Oikawa sneered. Tobio ignored the sharp pain in his chest. He's never like the term brat. He's been called that one to many times.

The next serve was Tobio's. He bounced the ball a bit, before tossing it upward and hitting it with a sharp spike. Unfortunately, it was obviously out.

"He sure blew that one out of the park" Iwaizumi commented, making Oikawa giggle.

"Dammit" Tobio flushed, embarrassed. "Don't mind! Don't mind!"

"I'm sorry!" he stuttered out.

It was Oikawa's serve now. Dammit.

The ball flew across the court, heading straight for... Nisyinoya. The ball looked like it was coming head-on, only to curve at the en. Luckily, Nisyinoya knew that and received it.

Tobio heard Iwaizumi yell at Oikawa about something to the lines of "show them how it's done" or something. Tobio tuned them out, he had a ball to set.

"Bring it!"

Tobio did a feint by looking the other direction, distracting Kindaichi, and sent the ball to Hinata.

Point for Karasuno.

Tanaka served the ball, Seijoh's libero picking it up with ease. Kindaichi call for the ball, Hinata jumping for a block, but he jumped to early, Kindaichi earning another point for Seijoh.

Iwaizumi served next, Daichi received it but it was off. "Sorry, cover!"

Tobio ran to the ball, and Hinata called for a toss. "Toss it to me!"

Tobio sent the ball to Azumane instead, scoring the next point.

That's when Tobio saw it, that smile. The smile Oikawa put on when he figured something out. Shit.

Aoba Johsai called a time out.

Tobio watched them carefully, they seemed to be plotting something.

The next rally started, and Tobio got ready to set.

"Bring it!!"

Tobio saw Iwaizumi furrow his brows in concentration out of the corner of his eye. Tobio didn't pay much mind though, he sent a "royal toss" to Hinata. Iwaizumi jumped to block it but Hinata got through it.

Tobio saw Iwaizumi scowl, then he faced Oikawa. "Hey! You're not gonna say, "I can't toss like him" are you?"

Tobio faced away, not wanting to seem as if he's hearing their conversation.

"Like Tobio? But I really can't. I can't pinpoint like that."

Tobio saw how a flash of guilt appeared in Oikawa's eyes but it quickly disappeared when Iwaizumi glared at Oikawa.

"What! Don't get mad at me! Even if I can't match his talent, I'm confident I can send the best tosses for everyone."

"That's why I won't lose as a setter."

Tobio walked away.

Seijoh was at a seven point lead now, and Tobio was desperate. One of their spikes were blocked, but it became a chance ball for Karasuno. Nisyinoya got the first touch, and Tobio sent it to Sawamura, earning Karasuno a point. But the sets were getting faster.

It's no use. The gap isn't getting any smaller. Something.... I have to do something.

I'm not going to lose. I'm not going to lose!

Tobio sent a royal toss to the right, only to see- Tsukishima, not Hinata.

The ball went over Tsukishima's head, and Asahi-san managed to get it over the net, but Seijoh turned that into a point of their own.

20-11
Seijoh - Karasuno

That's when he heard it, the whistle of the referee, and Sugawara on the side of the court.

He was getting benched.

Sugawara put a hand on Tobio's shoulders as they passed.

"Don't get depressed. We're just changing up the rhythm for a bit."

"I'm sorry."

Tobio walked up to Coach Ukai, when Hinata came yelling.

"I said I'd be the one that defeats you!"

"Hinata, you're gonna get in trouble-" Yamaguchi pointed out.

"So don't lose to anyone before that!"

"The match isn't over yet, so I haven't lost"

Hinata eyes seemed to light up.

The pair watched Sugawara from the sidelines. Especially Tobio, he needed to pay close attention.

Sugawara did this thing... where he punched the team (?). Tobio didn't get it, but Hinata seemed impressed.

"What?!"

"Jeez, your face is scary..."

"I was born with this face!!"

"You were all irritated, and stopped talking as much."

What?

"I could tell you were thinking and stuff, but if you don't say it loud, I don't know what you're thinking."

"Wasn't I saying it out loud?"

"Nope. You were quieter than in any other match."

Damn it. I was so overwhelmed that I ended up having to hear this from him.

The rally went on, both teams earning points.

Seijoh was now at set point.

Hinata managed to block Kindaichi's spike, and it flew back into Seijoh's court. Their libero ran for it- and the ball went out.

Another point for Seijoh. They lost the first set.

Karasuno went into the second set with Sugawara as the setter, and changed their rotation.

Hinata was going on about how Sugawara would compliment him during matches while Tobio mainly tuned him out. Ennoshita pointed out how it was probably based on the players' mood, and that Tobio should learn to trust their player. They're strong.

Tobio watched from the side as his team managed to stop Oikawa's serving streak.

I thought getting benched proved that you weren't needed anymore. Back then, I'm pretty sure that was accurate. But now... the things Sugawara-san and I can do are different, but I think our goal is the same.

The coach called Tobio, and he saw Azumane ask Sugawara to give him the ball. The got the next point, and Tobio was switched back in.

The match continued, and Karasuno was slowly adding to their lead. At one point. Tsukishima started using feints, earning a point for Karasuno. In the following rally, Karasuno got a chance ball. Tobio sent it to Tsukishima, only for him to do another feint.

Seijoh's libero got it up but it went back to Karasuno's side, Asahi smashing the ball down. Another point for Karasuno.

Tsukishima did another feint the next rally, but their libero was already waiting, picking up the ball. Kindaichi spiked it, but Tanaka managed to receive it. The ball went to Tobio, and he sent it to Tsukishima again. Seijoh's libero went to save a feint, only for Tsukishima to spike it. Point for Karasuno.

They were at set point now.

"N- nuff- knife- nice."

Tanaka hit the back of Tobio's head. "Don't mess up that line, Kageyama!"

Seijoh got the next point, Iwaizumi spiking it with the declaration of "We won't let you have it!"

Unfortunately, it was Oikawa's serve next.

Nisyinoya received it, but it went back to Seijoh's court. Tobio could see Tsukishima calculating, probably expecting it to go to the centre. But Tobio knew better.

It probably is. That's what I'd do... but in this stage where they're being pushed into a corner, Oikawa-san..."
He pulled on Tsukishima's jersey, preventing him from jumping and moved to the side.

...will set to Iwaizumi-san!

Oikawa sent the ball to the left, where Iwaizumi was ready to spike. They managed to block it.

Another point for Karasuno.

They won the second set.

Tobio saw how Oikawa seemed to be glaring at Sugawara, but chalked it to Oikawa being Oikawa.

The third match started, each team tallying up marks.

At one point, Hinata got extra pumped up, shouting for a set. Iwaizumi and a black haired middle blocker -Matsukawa was it?- followed him, ready to block. Tobio sent the ball to Azumane instead, who slammed through Oikawa's block.

I knew that would be a perfect timing for a pipe, and yet... just now... I was about to toss to Hinata.

After a short break, they were playing again.

They were tied at 16 points each, Tanaka earning them the most recent score.

In the next rotation, Hinata will be on the back line.

"Hey! Are you all right?"

Hinata scrambled to answer. "I-I'm fine."

"Make sure you cash in all you've got before moving into the back line."

"I know that."

The next rally began, and Tobio got ready to set. Hinata ran up for a broad spike, but no blockers followed him. Tobio, taking that as their chance, sent the ball to Hinata.

Seijoh's libero was waiting. The ball went up easily. Oikawa went for a set, but ended up dumping it. Nisyinoya dived to receive it, but he wasn't quick enough. Point for Seijoh.

Now it was Oikawa's serve. Great.

The ball went up- and hit the net. The ball somehow managed to go into Karasuno's side and hit the floor. Another point for Seijoh.

"There's nothing you could've done about that, keep going!" Coach Ukai yelled.

Oikawa sent another powerful serve, but Nisyinoya picked it up. The ball was of though, so Nisyinoya called for cover. Both Tobio and Azumane went to save the ball, but hesitated when they almost bumped into each other. Tobio managed to pass the ball to Azumane, who sent the ball to Seijoh's court.

The next rally went on, and Hinata went to slam the ball, but there were three blockers. The ball fell onto Karasuno's court, but Seijoh touched the net. Point for Karasuno.

Unfortunately, this meant Hinata was in the back line now. Hinata was serving. Shit.

Suddenly, the referee let out a long whistle, and Karasuno subbed in Hinata with Yamaguchi. (A/N: Ahahaha shitttt, we all know what happens and dhjwsjsnwn-)

I think my head's safer than when Hinata serves.

The ball went up, and-

hit the net. The ball fell  into Karasuno's side. Seijoh has 20 points now.

"Yamaguchi!" Sawamura called out.

"S-sorry..."

"Make sure you get it next time."

"N-next... Yes!!"

Karasuno's whole mood changed. There will be a next time. They aren't going to lose now.

The match went on, and Tobio could feel himself catching up to Oikawa. This was it, he was going to reach him.

It was now a deuce.

The rally went on, and Hinata did an -unintentional- feint, earning them.

24-25

The next rally went by, with Iwaizumi scoring them a point.

25-25

The match continued, and each team tallied up points. They were now tied at 31 point.

Oikawa served, Sawamura picking it up but it went to Seijoh as a chance ball.

Oikawa sent the ball to Kunimi, who did a feint. Tobio dived, but he was late. Another point for Seijoh.

32-31

"Sorry, Kageyama," Sawamura said. Tobio stared at him confused. "I'll make sure to get the ball back to you next time."

Tobio continued to stare confused.

"Kageyama! Stop hesitating!" Sugawara interrupted. "everyone on our team is..."

Tobio looked at his teammates. His family.

"...strong, as they should be." Tobio finished.

Tobio felt his invisible crown disappear.

Oikawa served next. The ball went up, and Oikawa went for a spike, but changed it to a soft hit at the last second.

The ball fell to the front of the court, but Sawamura managed to dive in and pick it up.

Tobio barely saved it by sending it to Azumane, who spiked it.

Their libero saved it, and Oikawa sent the toss to Iwaizumi.

Tanaka received it, but the ball went above the net. Kindaichi and Hinata jumped, but Kindaichi spiked it.

Nisyinoya dived for it, and the ball went up.

Tobio ran into position.

Now! In this position, with this timing, this angle....

Tobio sent the ball to Hinata.

Dead on!

Hinata went in for a spike, the sound of the ball hitting his palm was loud.

But it was blocked. Their greatest weapon failed.

The ball to the ground with a loud slam, and the stadium went silent.

Seijoh got another point. Karasuno lost.

This was it. They lost.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

397K 18.6K 20
~Soulmate AU~ When teens turn seventeen, they get a name on their wrist, in rare cases two. This is the name of their soulmate, the person they're de...
104K 2.2K 20
Everyone in the world is born with matching marks to their soulmates in the exact same spot, you don't want to show anyone your mark until you met yo...
38.8K 1.7K 48
(SoulMate AU) (Healthy Polyamorous in future chapters) SoulMarks are overrated, so people have said. In this age everyone just considered it a tattoo...
465K 30.8K 117
Growing up as a social person, Sora Suzuki was surrounded by love and affection- even from the most random people. Tender strokes, gentle kisses. Lov...