Lacking Humanity|Crescent Moon

By NerdyxWitch

[COMPLETED] BOOK ONE of the LACKING HUMANITY SERIES * * * In a cold and damped cell lies a young she-wolf who... More

-Author'sNote-
-Important Details-
-Prologue-
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
-New Moon-
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
-Waxing Crescent-
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
-First Quarter-
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
-Waxing Gibbous-
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
-Full Moon-
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
-Waning Gibbous-
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
-Third Quarter-
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
-Waning Crescent-
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Lacking Humanity: Book Two
-Deleted Scenes-
Deleted Scene #1

Chapter Forty-Three

2.6K 104 24
By NerdyxWitch

* * *

Sage felt herself standing on nothing, or it looked like nothing. Something was keeping her up and no matter how far she walked into the pure whiteness, she wouldn't gain any other color.

Yet when she looked down she remained in the outfit the witches put her in.

"Aurelia?" Sage called out, looked around, unsure of which direction she came from to which she wanted to go in prior thought. "Sweet witch?"

"I'm right here child...Are you ready to begin?" Sage smiled at the familiar face, almost in relief as she came closer to the sight of another person.

"I help find Raven, I miss Raven."
"I know, and we will...But the mind is a funny thing Luna. We are following your thoughts, now I want you to concentrate...Think about the time when you were there, what is the first—"
The scene around them had changed instantly, there was little distraction in Sage's mind as the Underground and facilities kept such a large percentage of her memories that it was simple to tap into that stream.

And Aurelia would be able to aid from here.

Sage turned in a full circle, mindful that Aurelia was standing beside her, but seeing the cages she flinched—Especially when she saw herself.

Her hands hurried to touch the bars only to fall through and enter the cell again...her home.

"You cannot talk to your memories Sage, we are here to watch and learn."
"Listen and learn."
Aurelia smiled, but then her head shot towards the buzzing door as large men started to charge in with similarly dressed men as memory Sage. Though they were unconscious.

"Luke and Liam come...This is first day they come, I offer food." And sure enough she did, but Aurelia had whispered out to her coven about what she was seeing so far of the facility and the workers. Any details on their uniforms that would aid them in this predicament.

"Your memories are clear Sage, this will help us...Can you show me Raven?" It took a moment longer than the first, but it happened. The scene swirled around and Sage turned around to see her wolf growl at her.

Not our wolf. Past wolf.

Sage's wolf had reminded her that they were in a memory, and she was simply in between her wolf's warning to be standing in between her and Raven. 

"Raven hurt when she come in..." Aurelia hummed, and though it was difficult to sort through the time-lapses, Sage's memories still proved useful.

It didn't seem as though the facility killed her niece, if anything it gave her numbers. Identification, names, and her niece proved to be a force to be reckoned with as the guards had to sedate her more times than not.

"Let's try another memory Sage, I've met Henry...Who else is there to meet?" Sage didn't know any names, she knew faces and the pain that followed those faces.

"Doctors put me to sleep, I no see them...I see guards. I see people in gym...Hallway smell like wolves."
The two set out to find a memory where she was being escorted between a given set of rooms, and Aurelia had indeed seen another detention block.

And a map!

On the other end of it, her witches scrambled to follow her direct orders, and Remus watched in awe as the coven leader had begun to etch out the map of the building in all.

Though it only caused the Alpha to squeeze her hand tighter. And it translated to have Sage look to her hand.

"I remember...I think it a thing?" Aurelia had finished the map now and turned to the confused wolf.
"It cannot be wrong Sage, if it's wrong we will not be able to see it." It caused Sage to close her eyes, her fists squeezing in retaliation to how far she had to think back to—The amount of effort caused Aurelia to catch multiple scenes, scientists teaching her how to walk, but in the effort like an owner would train a dog to learn a trick.

It wasn't with any tenderness, no love, and nothing to do in between waiting to be out of the cage. Aurelia was now not surprised that it is taking Sage so long to understand the language, she called out a few questions that she of about Sage's progress in education as she herself was curious.

However the scene had finally stopped swirling, and the two of them had been standing in what must've been the most blurred image of them all.

"What is this Sage?" Aurelia questioned, and Sage turned to the witch without an emotion on her face as she started back at the scene before her. The shouts of pain wasn't coming from Sage, but the sharp cry that followed solidified the burning question.

Sage had been born in captivity.

"My pup. Now." Was all the woman had said, and Aurelia had been so captivated by the scene of a child—Merely a minute old being poked and pricked.

"Not male." Someone whispered off into the back, the audience clearly disappointed.

"Sage." The mother whispered, sniffling due to the combined hormones and emotional moment to see a product of her and her mate's love.

Aurelia had turned to wolf beside her, and silent tears are all that showcased. Not a sob, not a whimper, not a single noise as she witnessed her birth and her mother naming her...

It had almost been a missed fact on a paper, surely the mother's memories had passed to her pup. Sage was far too young to remember anything from this time, and yet here they were.

This woman's name was not Luna, she used it to hide herself. Aurelia might not know everything about wolves, but Sage was the product of a mating and a heat.

However, suddenly the baby had been swiped away, and nothing could've prepared the witch for such a reaction.

The heart wretched screamed had traveled from the unconscious and to a thrashing body.

Remus stared in complete terror before the witches attempt to hold her down, which caused Luke and Liam to step in as well.

"What's happening?!" He growled, and the faulty mumbles had fallen out of the coven leader's mouth.

"It's gibberish, she must be trying to get them out! We have to keep her still!" It resembled a seizure, her body convulsing up and down, slamming back down to the bed as she slashed and fought with whoever was there.

Liam couldn't watch, and Jack settled a hand on his friend's shoulder.

Nobody spoke about what happened in the Underground anymore than they did, it was a forbidden topic.

And it was just a given around Sage.

A reviving gasp told the witches that Aurelia returned, and she placed one hand to Sage's forehead and heart before chanting a rhyme. Her limbs had ceased their flailing, almost slumping in return to a peaceful rest.

The coven leader asserted all of her energy as she slumped back down into the seat, trying to regain her breath.

"...You say you burned it down...?" Her voice was a fumbling mess, her chest still heaving after all that occurred and Luke firmly nodded.
"Good." She hissed, chasing down whatever drink was before her. And then rose to walk to the center of the room, while the wolves look in a patient wait to their Luna.

Remus hadn't blinked until his eyes burned and tears reached the brim and forced that of him.

"The first memory...Was when the two of you came in, I hadn't enough time to explain how it would work and she brought us to your first meeting. Then to see Raven, walk around the building...And witnessed her birth." Remus had bowed his head to his mate, setting his forehead to her stomach, and prayed that she be alright.

"No..." Liam whispered, his wolf whining out to his sister—But there was no response. And there wouldn't be for another few minutes.

"I suspect her mother had given her these memories, her mother did indeed name her...But the reason she panicked was because a male had taken the baby away. He was the clearest face out of the whole scene...They referred to her a Luna." Luke nodded.

"She told us this before...Liam and I didn't believe her when she said it."
"There are no missing Lunas...Not unless she's from one of those Canadian Rogue packs." Leo instated, and a dreaded silence overcame the room.

With a final swing of the reenergizing drink had Aurelia rose to her feet and twitched her hand up. Reconditioning what could only be described as a ghost-like version of the faces she had seen.

"That's her nurse, he was easy on her..." Liam answered, but then they turned to Alex, and Aurelia already smirked in knowing this answer, but Luke filled in those who didn't.

Leo grinned with pleasure on that, as it was one of the first stories he had heard about his surrogate pup.

Liam and Luke went back and forth, but it was all in front of a camera for council record now. As it reconstructed the face, all these humans could be tracked and found one way or another.

However, the next face had turned both Liam and Luke silent. And neither of them had a clue as to who this figure was.
"He was the one to cause Sage to lose control...I couldn't connect her thoughts to whether or not it was because she was ripped away from her mother or because of him." Another figure had soon pushed forward, and Remus had turned his attention now. Moving away from his mate as it was the first and only clue to Sage's family.

But the face was blurred.

"Sage's mother?"
"A strong wolf, to survive with a pup under those conditions...Her wolf wanted to kill every single one of those scientists for touching her child," Leo growled, just thinking of his own mate in this position.

Thinking of his pup being kept in captivity.

"Sage's an Alpha Female, it broadens the search of—"
"Unless the mother was also born there." Luke interrupted his brother, but Eli remained silent.

He couldn't believe it, he nor Jack could believe their playful and energetic Luna had been tormented and stripped from her mother so early on.

"There were other wolves in other cell blocks, and in one of the check-ups I've witnessed...It said her age." Sage Elwood, an escapist from the human government facility called the Underground, born and raised in captivity.

Was twenty-two years old.

Remus growled once again, his body shaking as the angry was ripping him apart. His wolf begging to comfort his unconscious mate, but she was far away elsewhere to respond.

"I do not know what year that was, but it seemed to be around when her brothers arrived."
"And Raven? Did you find anything—" Aurelia had shaken her head to her sister, but it was no matter. They had her ring and would be able to scry for the missing daughter, the ring was still owned by her.

Sage was a place holder.

The rest of the time was spent trying to identify the male that scared Sage to push the coven leader out of her head, but they moved quickly on translating the questions and answers.

Aurelia found it interesting that Sage was indeed a smart wolf, both in and out of fur.

However, what the group failed to realize was that Sage was slowly regaining her bearings and smiled to be returned to smells she favored, sweetness mixed with her family. But what she wasn't prepared for...Was the unknown scientists to still be lingering in the semi-transparent state.

Sage let out a screaming sob as she scrambled out of the bed, hitting her head against the wall behind her in an effort to get away from the figure.

"Sage...Sage hun...Munchkin it's alright, you're safe...Do you hear me hun you're safe." She didn't hear, not when her body and her wolf forced her to submit.

Leo looked in awe at the fact that a mere witch's enchantment of scientists, all without any smell or voice, could bring his daughter to submit. The young Luna hiccuped as her whole body shook and cowered away, it didn't make any sense to the brothers.

They hadn't met him or had any information of this fellow, but he was there for Sage's birth and enough to know her throughout. As this sort of reaction did not come from just being a mention.

Everyone in the room knew that this was the main target, this was the enemy.

Leo and his wolf couldn't take this anymore, he was getting deeply sick at seeing his daughter so vulnerable. "Sage, sweetheart look at me." He whispered, kindly at that. But when she didn't follow he growled.

"Look at me." Her chest pumped violently up and down as she pushed her eyes up towards her father, careful not to go anywhere near the man.

"Breath for me...Breath. Through the nose." Sage took a struggling breath in, exhaled...Falling the pattern as her wolf had suddenly turned confused—Relieved at that.

"Sage...Munchkin, do you know who that is?...You don't have to look, he's not really here. It's magic Sage, remember? It's not real, no hurt." She was worried to test that theory, and so she waited patiently for the being to move. But he hadn't.

She waited for him to enact his normal actions....But he hadn't, so she popped her eyes towards him and then away.

"Who is he Sage, we need to know hun..."
"M-master d-don't like me look at h-him." Remus felt the prickling of his teeth demanding to be set free. Alas, he blocked his mate's view from this awful demon of a man and wrapped his arms around her.

Master.
It wasn't a name, it was a title. An act of superiority. And not only was Sage well aware of all that was directed towards her in the Underground...But it hurt more than she realized.

How they referred to her as a dog, degraded her to eat out of a bowl whilst in the gym. "R-r-remmy?" She whispered, still shaking though his wolf tried to admit the heat she needed.

"What do you need hun? What is it?"
"C-c-cold." She shivered further, and one of the many witches charmed a blanket to wrap over the Luna's shoulders.

It was a side effect of dream walking, so here she was, bundled up in a charmed blanket in her mate's hold. Center of attention with Master's person just standing there motionlessly.

She calmed down significantly, but didn't participate, her mind was still staring heavily to the man she could now look at.
As though she was anticipating on his next action.

Lu?

Hey...Are you still cold?

Paper?

Luke had shifted instantly, turning to the table to retrieve the notepad and pen before coming towards his sister. With shaking hands did she retrieve the two and tried to sketch the shape she continued to see.

She knew exactly where it was, it was on his chest. Remus narrowed his eyes down to the doodle before she held it up.

Causing the witches to share a collective look. "Alpha Remus...I must ask that we look at Sage's body for—"
"Our pack doctor already did a check-up." Aurelia shook her head, pointing to the said symbol before categorizing it.

"That...Is the mark of a long-extinct Vampire clan." Leo had stormed to see the symbol once again and growled, Looking back at the witch as he was surely the eldest in the room to know the legends.

"She wasn't a sacrifice."
"No...But if she was meant to be, then he will..." Saying it out loud would result for Sage to understand, but with the sentence unfinished, the rest of the room could ultimately understand.

Leo had linked his son's, and he and the rest of the unneeded eyes had left the room for a moment. Which caused Sage to nuzzle closer to her mate and close her eyes. "Tired."

"I know hun, we're almost done...They just want to make sure everything's alright." Remus had picked his mate up once again and placed her on the bed, the image of the Master was long dissolved and Sage felt slightly calmer...Though the idea that he was anywhere near her in whatever form still made her wolf weary.

Half the reason why she wasn't asleep. She was fighting against it.

The skirt and bralette combination offered a large amount of skin to be examined, and Aurelia explained that it would simply act as a supernatural blue light.

It suggested exactly what she assumed.

There were numerous bite marks lingering on her body. But the question is why?

But Remus could only see red at the idea of anyone's bites being near her neck, her chest—But they were everywhere. Sage leaned up to see what their attention was to, yet when she caught sight of the lingering marks she tried to wipe them away.

Which called for Aurelia to cease this action.

"Sage...Can you tell me what happened?" Her mouth opened but her voice was lost, she turns riddled with emotions and Remus was surely feeling the butt end of bond.

It's okay munchkin, breath for me...Deep breaths like Leo said, that man isn't here. It was just an illusion.

After taking in his words she attempted to calm herself down, which meant hugging Remus' arm as she was still laying down in the bed. "He bite me. He like my blood." Aurelia's brows scrunched together, a Werewolf's blood wasn't the usual appetite a vampire should be seeking out.

"Was my mate raped?!" He growled lowly, and Sage was far too tired, too scared and too scattered brained to really comfort her mate like before.

But the others had heard, and it resulted in a violent roar from her father and brothers.

"Did the council suggest a blood test?"
"After the holidays, a few high tier families from each pack will get their blood tested." Aurelia had been misunderstood and turned her head towards Sage.

"Alpha, Vampires don't drink your blood. Usually they'll look for witches, nymph and mermaids if they could get the chance. Not wolves." The only thing that was holding Remus back at the moment was how vulnerable his little mate looked in the bed before him.

"We don't need much, just to know what she is Alpha." He nodded, which allowed the woman to collect the necessary supplies from her people, leaving him alone with his mate.

"I don't remember..."
"That's okay munchkin, what they found is more than enough." There would be no more diving into her mind ever again, and perhaps he could ask that they give her something to remain relaxed.

"He like my blood, but I not see him in long time."
"How long do you think hun?"
"Henry say he busy, months?" He nodded, he already had to be more than three as the mystery vampire hadn't been recognized by Luke or Liam.

"Did he ever say anything to you munchkin, his real name? What did everyone call him?" He watched her eyes lock into something to the ceiling and she frowned.
"He like collar, I sit in meeting but sleepy. They call him boss, no name." A frustrated growl erupted, and she responded with an unenergetic one from his beautiful mate.

"He like my wolf, say I have pretty wolf...Remmy? What a prize?" He had to bite back his swears, anymore duress would surely push towards his mate.

"It's not something a wolf should be called, you know when you won those medals during the Luna contest?"
"He won me..." Remus made the collective decision to lift her body up and onto his so that he was lying under her. This allowed Sage to turn onto her belly and hide away into his chest.

"I feel...Dirty." Aurelia had returned with the supplies, after giving the group a quick summary of what happened and what will happen.

"We will help you with that Luna, there are methods to block certain memories. I am not saying all of them, Alpha, as she looked excited in seeing her brothers being there to rescue her. But things of that nature are better left alone until we can sort it all out."

"Sage...Do you want to forget about the bad man?" The coven leader commended the Alpha to how easily he spoke to his mate, the tender caress of love and attention is what brought her this far.

The aggravated hole in the wall was evidence enough.

"I forget...Everything?" The woman turned her attention from the task in her hands to make direct eye contact with the Luna. This was important among werewolves, meaning her nod was the truth.

"I forget Raven...And Henry?"
"There is a reason the brain forgets what it does, you hide it away. You will be able to keep the good, but not the bad." Sage weighed her options, but Remus knew that she continued to shift her attention to where her master was standing just an hour before.

"I want forget."

"Alpha, may we use the kitchens?"
"Whatever you need, and the blood test?" Aurelia was about to instruct Sage to hold out her hand, but she was domestic in this sense to offer her harm.

"I want to make sure that she is entirely wolf. It will help us figure out what he wants." Sage had watched the process, but Aurelia deemed that the she-wolf did not deserve any more senses of pain and took away as she wouldn't feel the blood being taken.

When all was completed, Remus rubbed up and down her arm and didn't waste a moment before licking the small prick clean. Causing her strained voice to giggle at her mate's attempt of comfort, and it was indeed aiding her as she snuggled back.

"Is Luke okay?" Remus wondered how throughout all of it, she could sense her brother's pain. Aurelia smiled lightly and said that they simply wanted to see her, and so she nodded. Though yawned into her mate's chest.

"She will feel drained for a few days Alpha, but I will tell my coven to brew a few dreamless sleep potions as well."
"Thank you Birdie." And thus, Sage Elwood fell asleep, leaving Remus to face the repercussions of his mate's comment and nickname.

"Believe me when I tell you Alpha, I've been called much worse. I'll need some time to analyze the blood." He nodded and thanked her before the room started to fill with the smell of his pack. Liam had kept an eye on his brother as the male had walked carefully up to Remus and Sage.

But a settling growl stopped the wolf from coming any closer, even if he was her sister, the Alpha wolf in Remus was still protective over his unmarked mate.

Luke had shown his neck seconds after it was admitted, his wolf just needed to know. "She's fine, she fell asleep just after calling the coven leader Birdie." Liam chuckled, shaking his head right alongside Jack.

Sometimes they were too like one another for the pack's own good.

"And the vampire?" Leo growled, which was responded by a tired huff coming from the snoozing Luna.

"She has bites all over her body, they are looking into if Sage only has Lycan blood." Eli turned to look at the phone, remembering enough that Mystic Grimm had called while they were bathing, so he spoke out loud to the room that they would call them back in the morning.

Nobody in the room want to leave, even with the light snores of their Luna. Everything just felt wrong.

Eli and Jack found themselves starting the report silently in the corner while Leo remained with his sons at the armchairs in the center of the room.

Nobody dared to go near the Alpha, not when he was this territorial. It was one thing to live the experience of the Underground, but Remus finally received faces—Received a story.

This master made him feel utterly sick.

The witches kept to their promise and decided to remain on Pack land for the rest of the day and the night, Remus had transferred Sage off to the house. And Luke and Liam were nowhere near comfortable leaving her.

So the guest rooms were set up for the witches, though they enjoyed the cold weather in their feathers. Aurelia even making the callback that the Luna called her birdie, and it hadn't passed all that negatively amongst the witches.

Leo was the first to admit that perhaps he was wrong, but then once there was the offer that one of the Ember circle's lights, their version of mates, comes and examines Sage...Remus felt highly discouraged.

This witch was mated with a Vampire.

He could feel his father rolling around in the grave at the prospect of witches on their sacred land. But their sworn enemy? This was perhaps going too far.

Remus held this meeting separate from any actual bodies, instead they were all downstairs in silence just speaking through the link. But what they didn't realize was that Sage was connected to the conversation, causing her to raise her hand and place it over her mate's mouth.

"Sleep."
"Well good morning munchkin, how are you feeling?"
"Head fuzzy, want sleep." Her voice was thick was sleep, and just before she was going to respond—Her stomach growled.

"Shhhh." She shushed him without realizing that she had been the one to admit such a noise. But Remus knew how to wake up his mate, especially when there was a room filled with people that wanted to see her and a kitchen filled with food that even Remus had to say smelled wonderful.

Who knew witches could cook.

"Your friend is still here, why don't we go and say hi? She and her coven offered to make dinner." Sage popped a single eye open to look around, removing herself from her mate's hold as she realized that they were home instead of the pack office.

"Home?"
"Hmm, and Luke had to take a few laps when we did...You need to calm his wolf munchkin." She sat back onto her legs, and Remus pulled up the extra blanket to bundle her up.

The comfort had her wolf purr in the mate bond, and she was rewarded with a kiss to her forehead. "Aurelia said that you'll be hungry after everything, do you want me to carry you?" She shook her head, the only times she wanted to be carried was when she missed said person or she was far too tired to continue forward.

She stumbled on unsteady feet, but she only held onto her mate. Sage wouldn't accept his help even if he growled or pouted, but she managed just fine down the hall and took her time on the stairs. Where she was met with a number of questionable gazes.

"Can I have tea please?" Luke smirked, the polite little she-wolf that she was found her way over towards Aurelia and rubbed her cheek against hers.

"She's not a wolf hun." Remus reminded, but Aurelia beamed at the trust from this pack's Luna. Witches were truly not malicious by nature, they were just heavily defensive.

"Hug?" The little Luna questioned to her mate, and the sudden chuckle from the coven leader caused Sage to turn her attention back. "Such a sweet wolf."
"Sweet birdie." Amelia had returned into the room with a steaming cup of tea ready for the Luna, which was meant to heal her over-exhausted mind.

"I drink outside." Luke smirked as she found her way out the back screen door with the cup in hand. And most of the room followed in pursuit, perhaps they were waiting for a breakdown, or an episode.

But Sage was calm, and if it was any recollection from the witches, they hinted that perhaps she was at peace with her past. But Remus still wanted to give her the option of forgetting the harshest memories.

The vampire for instance.

Sage found herself sitting on the steps looking out at the darkness, it was a sense of comfort to hear the noises around her. And in addition with the tea was really calming her soul.

"Hello little wolf, how are you feeling?"
"Fuzzy." The woman bent down and sat beside the young Luna and fixed her hair as it has been coming out of the braid.

"Braid hair? I like braid hair."
"I'll teach you it before we leave, but you'll have to eat something after that cup." Sage liked the deal and nodded, which allowed a small interaction between the two female leaders.

Though Aurelia knew that there were enough eyes on her, she ignored them in an effort of being kind to said Luna.

Although it earned a growl, a large raven had landed just a few feet before the Luna and crowed out in response. "Hello." She whispered, of course it was of the younger witches that followed her coven leader.

"You're a pretty bird too." Of course Claire was laughing on the inside to her mistress, but she jumped closer and Sage itched under the girl's chin.

"All witches birds?"
"No, they could be cats as well...It's more a family passing. What color is your wolf?"
"Black."
"That's how wolves are shown to be related, my sister is a Raven. But we have a members with us that's an owl." Sage's eyes widened with interest, and that caused Aurelia to instruct the given three owls to join them.

Liam smirked into his coffee and nudged Jack. "Popular with the birds." He teased, but as Delta he was in tune with what his Luna was up to. And although the hair on his back wouldn't relax until the witches were away, he still found them and their interactions with Sage interesting.

But Sage was a giggling mess at hearing the owl hooting before her, even going so far as to land on her arm. "Smart and pretty owl." A light cooing sound came from Cara.

After Sage had finished her tea, she joined the large table of guests to eat. Though Remus claimed that there weren't enough chairs so she sat on his lap, but everyone knew it wouldn't have been that big of an issue to bring around another set of chairs.

And the Alpha Remus Moon was undeniably obsessed with his mate feeding him. For wolves this was similar to showing their belly. But if it distracted her, then he was going to take anything he could.

When it was time for bed however, Aurelia had given her a dreamless sleep potion so she wouldn't have any difficulties tonight, and it would hold her over until tomorrow when they progressed to mute the horrific memories.

However when the two mates had finally found themselves alone in the privacy of their bedroom, Remus let out a sigh of relief. "Okay?" She whispered, stopping herself from grabbing a pair of pajamas. But he simply smiled and came to kiss her to the temple.

"My wolf is just worried about you munchkin."
"Wolf want to come out?" An agreeing growl escaped his throat before he couldn't even think it through, his wolf was a dominant beast. And perhaps the mutt was selfish after taking the food from her fork, now wanting her under him when they slept...

But she looked relatively excited to sleep with his beast, and a cocky wolfy smile graced his mind.

Of course his beast would be pleased with that, and so Remus had to remind himself that Sage had been depleted for so long. And usually she was the one curled up on his chest, but now she was going to be smothered by the love from her Alpha.

He didn't hide his lack of clothing as he shifted moments after, and a delightful squeal overtook Sage as she sat on the floor in front of the large beast.

"I like Owls. I draw tomorrow."

I think they'd really like that munchkin, why don't you draw all of them as a thank you.

"Yes. I do tomorrow. But I don't know where they live." She pouted a bit before coming forward and putting her head into her Alpha's chest, his coat was always so soft.

"Birdie says black fur comes from family."

It's from family, but Packs have the same thing munchkin, those in Crescent Moon are bigger than Moon Valley.

He didn't miss the proud smile, and it sent his heart in flames to know that she was proud of their pack. His wolf moved slightly, and nipped the front end of her shirt to drag her into bed.

Ultimately making her laugh once again at his antics, but she found herself under her favorite blanket and opening it up for him to come in as well. He tunneled through but made sure his head popped out. The contact with his mate will surely help the anxiety.

"I like your wolf, wolf makes me feel safe. And warm."

Am I not warm in skin Munchkin?

It always confused her when a voice followed with the expression of a wolf's form, and an impatient huff called out.

"You are, but wolfie has fur. You give hugs, you give cuddles." It didn't make much sense, but it allowed Remus' wolf to one up as he wasn't always talked about. So the wolf teased the bond and she smiled up before kissing his muzzle.

"Goodnight wolfie Remmy."

Goodnight mate.

Although Sage's eyes were closed, she still smiled, her arms wrapping around his head and scratching behind his ear. Perhaps she wanted him to thump his hind leg, and it was taking all his self-control to not give into that feeling.

Eventually, his little mate had fallen asleep, her scratching ceased, and he could finally feel his wolf's worry retract in seeing how calm she's turned.

Mate after Christmas. Master look for—

If you weren't such an excited pup during her heat, then maybe we could've worked through it.

Mater was not ready, you were right. She ready now, she doesn't care about Underground. Smells like Luna.

If him and his wolf could agree on one thing, it was Sage's overall smell that was growing. This is what he wanted, for her to be her own wolf.

Her own wolf before she was his.

Ours.

______

Date: 12-20-2020

Time: 8:22

Words: 5781

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 6.5K 57
BOOK 1 OF THE FOREVER SERIES At the age of sixteen, Roxy Thorn never expected to find her soulmate while attending her first White Moon Ball. She did...
106K 4.7K 80
[COMPLETED] BOOK TWO of the LACKING HUMANITY SERIES * * * The new year will bring much more to the freshly mated she-wolf, which will include new fri...
20.7M 677K 109
Once a forgotten Omega, now the next Luna of the Blood Moon pack-Nova must uncover the secrets of her heritage while unraveling the reason her new Al...
806K 34.4K 54
**In the process of being edited** Some wolves are born rogues but still maintain their human side while others are made into rogues, they lose all h...