Mistletoe// TAA

By kayla2509

An annual trip to the Liverpool Christmas markets turns into something more, following the recent death of he... More

Intro
Cast
I
III
IV
V
VI

II

963 16 1
By kayla2509

It had been a week since Trent and Alex visited the Liverpool Christmas market and naturally enough the football schedule was quickly increasing like it always did this time of year. Trent was taking his day off to himself as he relaxed in bed not having to worry about his early morning alarm going off signalling training beginning soon.

But he found sleeping hard lately. Trent had seen the girl from the market everywhere he went this week. Whether it was her out on a run while he was on his way to Kirby in the morning or the day he and Robbo picked up his son from the babysitter.

She seemed to be everywhere. Which definitely didn't help Trent get her off his mind. And his friends were definitely picking up on his change in behaviour over the course of the last week.

The footballer finally rose from his bed after a morning of lying around engrossed in his own thoughts. He shoved his feet into a pair of sliders and headed downstairs where he laid on the couch for the remainder of the day watching the highlights of his recent game.

—————

Leighton sat in the driver's seat of her car tapping her fingers against the steering wheel to the beat of the song that was playing through the radio.

She watched as the clock changed to 4 o'clock and the crowd of children started walking out of the school gates as she waited on her brother to appear among them.

Moments later Jude made an appearance and walked towards his sister's car before hopping into the passenger seat like he always did.

"What are you smiling about?" Jude asked as he threw his school bag into the back seat before noticing the smug look on Leighton's face.

"You, my dear Jude, have the best sister ever." Leighton spoke with a smile as she reached into the door of the car and pulled out an envelope before handing it to her brother.

"What is it?" Jude wondered as he played with the white envelope in his hand.

"Open it." Leighton encouraged him which he did. A smile grew on the younger boy's face as he saw the contents of the envelope. "You didn't?"

"I did." Leighton smiled before her brother suddenly gave her a bone crushing hug across the arm rest.

"Thank you Leigh." Jude told her with a smile but sadness was evident on his face.

"I know it won't the same Jude. But let's be honest. Dad would kill you if he knew you were missing Liverpool games." Leighton reminded her younger brother chasing him to laugh.

"You're right." He agreed with her.

"I'm always right. Don't you forget that." The older girl commented before brushing her younger brother's hair.

"Leighton!" He pushed her hands away. "You know what would make this day even better?"

"McDonald's?" Leighton smiled already knowing the answer to her brother's question.

"McDonald's." Jude agreed.

"Okay then." Leighton smiled at the fact her brother was happy as she put her car into reverse and pulled out of the car park.

—————

Today Liverpool were hosting Wolves at Anfield. The cool crispy winter air was blowing across the city of Liverpool on the Sunday evening. Crowds of both supporters gathered in the stadium ahead of the 3pm kick off.

"I forgot how cold it was here." Leighton commented as herself and Jude sat in their seats.

"You're so over dramatic." Jude told his older sister.

"Oh sorry." Leighton said with a smile as they watched the teams finish their warm ups on the field before a whistle blew signalling the game would start soon.

The game started soon after, with the first half being a slow one neither team scoring or making many chances for themselves. Through the second half, Leighton felt eyes burning into her head from below. There was a certain familiarity about the boy she caught staring at her but she brushed it off and returned her eyes to the game.

The game ended in a 2-1 win for Liverpool. Fans rose to the feet following the end of the game but a sudden cheer could be heard causing Leighton and her brother to turn around.

The crowd watched as Trent Alexander Arnold, Liverpool right wing defender, jumped over the barrier separating the crowd from the pitch and jogging up the steps.

"I'm Trent." The footballer introduced himself as he held out his hand towards Leighton. The girl was suddenly feeling very confused.

"Leighton." She replied still feeling confused.

"This is gonna sound real random but you nearly spilled your coffee over me last week." Ben reminded her causing the girl to laugh slightly.

"Oh my god yeh. I'm still sorry about that." Leighton apologised once again for the incident, unaware of the whole crowd watching them with Red fans wondering why their right back had spontaneously jumped the barrier.

"It's fine." He assured her. "I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me."

"Now?" Leighton asked in reply completely unaware of her brother's jaw sitting on the ground due to the fact that one of his favourite footballers had just asked out his sister.

"Why not?" Trent replied with a hopeful smile across his face. He was full of confidence after the game and knew if he didn't do it now, he never would.

"I'd love to but I have to get my little brother home." Leighton explained gesturing to Jude who snapped out of his trance when he realised what was happening.

"I'll get home on my own. Go." He told her.

"Not a chance." Leighton assured her brother before turning back to the older boy in front of her. "I'm sorry."

"How about this. Give me 5 minutes to get changed and we'll drop your brother home. Then maybe we could go out?" The footballer questioned as the stadium was quickly becoming empty as fans started to leave.

Leighton thought for a minute as she looked from the boy in front of her down at her little brother who was giving her an encouraging nod.

"Okay. Thanks." The girl smiled as Jude was mentally trying to calm himself down.

—————

Hello everyone. I hope you all enjoyed it. The next chapter will be the date and I can't wait to write it.

Until next time

-ky❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

137K 3.1K 46
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
377K 11.5K 91
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
300K 9.7K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
155K 5.6K 90
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...