Cold as Ice (KuroKen)

By twelveB

[COMPLETED] This is a fluff/angst story including kuroken, iwaoi , and daisuga. There will be other ships but... More

+++
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)
(13)
(14)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
(19)
(20)
(21)
(22)
(23)
(24)
(25)
(26)
(27)
(28)
(30)
(31)
(32)
(33)
(34)
Epilogue

(29)

4.2K 154 109
By twelveB

Kuroo's POV

Hanging out with Kenma changed after that day at the ice rink. I felt like every date, every walk to school, ever moment had to be special before I wouldn't see him again. Without any time frame to when he would leave I tried to make the most of everything. And I mean everything. We ended up hanging out almost every day for a week and a half. That night I stayed with him till around 1 in the morning when we both eventually got too tired. The rest of the weekend was spent with him, the rest of the following week was spent with him, and the beginning of this week was spent with him as well. Sometimes I was worried he'd get bored of me, but he said he wouldn't be doing anything else anyways so he didn't mind. On the bright side, with me always with him Hayato hasn't talked to him since that Friday.

I was starting to get worried though, it was currently lunch on Wednesday and Kenma hadn't shown up yet. He shot me a text saying he had to finish some work and would be late but I still worried.

"Kuroo are you even listening." Oikawa asked pulling me from my frantic thoughts.

"Uh yeah." I clearly wasn't and they all knew it. Even Iwaizumi who didn't know me as well knew I was lying, he started sitting with us after him and Oikawa started dating. We told Suga to invite Daichi multiple times so he wouldn't be the only person without their boyfriend, since usually Kenma sat here as well, but he was still to scared to been seen with him to much. Which is understandable. The colleges they both plan to go to are extremely expensive and because of their brains, they're practically going for free. They can't afford to lose the scholarships.

"Ok then answer the question."

"Uhh I think..." I don't even know what they were talking about, probably something dumb. "I think Oikawa's being stupid." They all laughed, except Oikawa of course who just yelled at Iwaizumi.

"We wanted to know what you were doing for college dipshit." Suga said after coming down from his laughing fit.

"Oh uh I got into a really good school about 2 hours from here so I'll go there and dorm, at least for my first year." I explained it little detail.

"Oh so you'll still be close to Kenma then." Suga commented not meaning to upset me even though he did. I can't blame him though he didn't know.

"Yeah." I decided it's best to keep it that way, I don't want to dampen the mood or anything. "What about you guys."

"Well you guys already know where I'm going," Suga started. "But since Daichi and I will be close we wanna get an apartment together maybe in our 2nd year."

"I got into a good college but it's pretty far away." Iwaizumi added once Suga finished explaining his plans. "I'm gonna study to be a physical therapist."

"Please don't tell us your making us babysit loserkawa while your gone." I joked earning another whine from Oikawa.

"Iwa-chan do you see this! They're so mean to me!"

"I'd love to," Iwaizumi said completely ignoring Oikawa all together. "But I'm living off campus and he's moving in with me."

"Wait you guys got into the same college?" Suga asked silently shocked. Oikawa was smart of course but with everything that was going on this past year, he sort of let school slip his mind a bit.

"Oh no I'm not going to college." Oikawa commented, clearing up the situation for everyone.

"What why?" Oikawa had mentioned to me a few times that he was thinking about possible going into psychology or physical therapy as well, you can't exactly do that without a college degree. Natural I was sort of confused.

"I've been scouted for a pro team conveniently training near Iwa-chans school."

"Wow." Suga and I said in synch.

"Congrats thats amazing." Suga and I played volleyball to of course, but we played for the school team while Oikawa trained with a private team. Considering this, he was miles ahead of us skills wise so out of all of us he was defiantly the one who'd go pro. After everything that's happened he deserves it. God, that dumb idiots got me feeling happy for him, I'll have to make fun of him later as revenge.

Soon enough Kenma walked in with his regular tired expression. I noticed a small bruise forming on his cheek bone and as much as I wanted to ask him about it, I knew he'd be uncomfortable talking about it with everyone here. Plus I think I can assume who gave it to him. Once he sat down, everyone greeted him and went back to their usual chatter.

Kenma's POV

I knew Kuroo could see the bruise, I was just happy he wasn't bringing it up. I really thought he would've. The rest of lunch passed by quickly and normally, I ate my lunch and then Kuroo made me eat more saying it wasn't enough. After lunch the rest of my classes dragged on but now I was faced with the last few minutes of literature class. Unfortunately for me, Hayato was in this class meaning he would be wanting for me in the halls.

Once the bell rang signaling the end of the day, I tried to get my things together slowly hoping he'd just leave. However, he had other plans. He didn't wait for me in the halls, instead all the students left the room quickly like they knew what was going to happen. That left me, him, and two other boys I didn't know.

"Trying to avoid us?" Hayato snickered and he closed in on me. Honestly I was over his shit, so I was planning to just take the punches and get on with my day. However, it seems the universe had other plans.

"Kenma! I was waiting for you." Kuroo barged into the room before the boys could even get another word out. He walked over to me, breaking through the wall of 2nd years, and dragged me away. "Sorry we've got a school project to do." He justified his reason for dragging me away, the other boys didn't protest and I escaped unharmed.

"Thanks," I mumbled as we walked out of the school building. "What where you doing there though?" I mean it's unusual for a 3rd year to be in the 2nd year hallway and Kuroo and I usually met outside the school.

"I was waiting outside your classroom but then you never came out so."

"Oh." I was going to ask why he came to my classroom but I think I already knew the answer. He was probably worried about the bruise from lunch.

"Did you run into him during lunch." I was waiting for him to ask that.

"Yeah."

"Sorry." Again with his unneeded apologizes. "I should've been there."

"That makes no sense. I stayed after to work."

"Yeah but I should've offered to walk you after."

"Kuroo I'm fine really I won't have to deal with this soon." I knew bringing up the move made him sorta upset but I wanted to reassure him I'd be fine in a new school alone, he was also very worried about that. He took my hand in his own as a sort of comfort tool. Although it did make that nervous feeling come back, I still enjoyed it nonetheless.

"Do you know when you leave yet?" He asked in a sad tone.

"My mom's over now and she said she was going to tell me today."

"Oh." I knew that wasn't what he wanted to hear, maybe he was hoping I'd say I wasn't moving and that I'd stay with my aunt and uncle. I did feel bad for leaving him but I wasn't happy with them. Living with them is like living with strangers. They work all day so I barely see them, I eat alone in my room, and it's not like we really talk much. Plus my mom's been working hard for this moment, I don't wanna take that away. She got custody rights, got clean, found a job, and even moved into her own apartment. "There's only about a month left of school, are you gonna do school there?"

"I'm gonna start there as a 3rd year and just finish my courses online." Our conversation switched topics quickly once Kuroo asked me everything he wanted to know. He didn't like talking about the move. Soon enough we bid each other bye as I walked into my apartment complex.

"Was that Kuroo?" My mom asked as I walked through the front door. I'm really hoping she didn't see the whole hand holding part.

"Uh yeah." She looked at me with knowing eyes but didn't make any further comments. "I've got to go finish setting up the apartment tonight so I figured we'd have an early dinner." She said walking back into the kitchen where she was cooking once again. At this point my moms a little more than 4 weeks sober, which of course is a huge deal. For the first time in my life I feel like I can say she's better and that she'll stay better.

"That's fine." Another thing about my mom was that she was a surprisingly good cook. The food being laid out on the table was evidence of that.

Once she finished, the two of us sat down across from each other at the small kitchen table. Dinners with my mom quickly became a thing I looked forward to, it beat the fast food and instant ramen I ate usually.

"So about this Kuroo guy," She smiled at me as she took a bite of her chicken. She knows, she defiantly knows. "You said your friends right?"

"Just ask your question." I sighed while laughing a bit. Honestly I didn't think my mom wouldn't accept me, I mean if she didn't then that'd be pretty out of character. Half the things she did when was high led me to believe that she probably wasn't homophobic.

"You guys are cute." She laughed at my comment, and without asking a question let me know that she knew. "Sorry to pull you away from him."

"He goes to college next semester anyways." She smiled and went back to her meal, she seemed relieved she wasn't pulling us apart.

"About the move," She said changing subjects. "I got a date from the court for when I can get custody again." I looked up at her giving her my full attention, she knew I'd been waiting to hear about the day we'd leave for a while now. "Saturday morning." That was soon, that was really soon, that was two more days with Kuroo soon.

"That's soon."

"I wanted to get you out of your aunts house, I know you don't really like it." I did tell her I wasn't exactly happy here, she must've sped up the process for me. "Plus I don't enjoy seeing my son come home with bruises." I covered the bruise on my check with my hand and looked down. Of course she knew, I wasn't exactly hiding it. I tried to lie my way out of it a few times but I can only say I got hit by a baseball and tripped so many times. The bruises did slow down since Kuroo was by my side most of the time, but there were still occasional times like this.

"Thanks mom." I took the last few bites from my food and saw as she smiled at me in response. I'm excited for Saturday to be honest, even though I didn't want to leave Kuroo. On the bright side though I'd be back with my mom, away from Hayato, and in a new school where people won't know me. With the help of FaceTime and phone calls I won't have to leave Kuroo behind completely.

.
.
.
.
(2018 words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302K 4.6K 26
A little book of oneshots with ships including Kagehina, daisuga, asanoya, kuroken, iwaoi, tsukkiyama, BokuAka and any other ships you would like to...
65K 2.3K 31
Fukurōdani, Kasasuno, an Nekoma all are spending a month together in the mountains for some intensive training and conditions alone with team buildin...
551K 19.2K 193
I literally just love reading these and like writing my own so boom. This story does deal with some triggering themes. (Harassment, talk of suicide...
4.8K 33 14
This story have angst, fluff. These are the following ships: Daisuga Kagehina Semishira Iwaoi Bokuaka Kuroken Tsukiyama Sakuatsu Ushiten and etc. I...