The Fear of the Past //Saioum...

By WoahLuci

There was a new motive. One person would be chosen to get their memories before the killing game. Depending o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter. 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Not a update, but a note. (Ignore if wanted)
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Special Chapter 1
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Notice
Chapter 19
Special Chapter 2
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 prt.1
Chapter 23 prt.2
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Special Chapter 3
The mastermind
Chapter 30(fake)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 8

5.6K 189 780
By WoahLuci

A/N: People actually read this? Also, this chapter may be extra long, so do please prepare yourself.

Shuichi felt he didn't deserve the title he currently held.

Shuichi was called the Ultimate Detective. But he felt nothing like a detective. Even when he solved cases, he didn't feel like he completed an achievement or something.

Detective's were supposed to help people by uncovering the truth. Shuichi had uncovered the truth, but he didn't help anyone with it. It actually made people despise him for doing so.

Shuichi didn't deserve to be a detective. After all, what kind of detective was scared of the truth?

After the case that completely changed his life, he stumbled across another homicide. The thing was, he knew who the culprit was. But he insisted kept his mouth shut. After all, he didn't want what happened before to be repeated.

The culprit was caught, which caused Shuchi some relief. Other people were thankful that the culprit was caught as well. Because of this, Shuichi wondered what people would say to him if he was the one who caught the culprit. Would they praise him? Or would they look at him with pure hatred in their eyes?

He really didn't want to know.

But now, maybe his talent can be useful for something.

His classmate, Rantaro Amami, talent unknown, was murdered by one of them. If he wasn't able to figure out who killed him, everyone else except the killer would die.

'Maybe. Just maybe. If I solve this case, maybe I'll finally be worthy of the title of the Ultimate Detective...'

-----------------------

Shuichi was investigating alone.

It's not like he insisted that he wanted to investigate alone. In fact, he'd rather have a companion. He didn't really trust his own work, so he wished to use whatever knowledge he had to help another.

No, others insisted that he work alone.

"Shuichi, as the Ultimate Detective, I can conclude that it'd be better if you investigate alone. After all, we wouldn't want amateurs slowing you down. Or at least according to my calculations." K1-B0, or Kiibo, the Ultimate Robot, explained. At this, he recived nods from everyone.

"B-but, I'm not really a detective..." Shuichi tried to insist. He quickly stopped arguing as soon as everyone else turned to look at him. He hated being stared at. He'd rather just fade into the background. If he was stared at, he'd just go along with whatever the others wanted to do.

"Hey! Stop saying that! You are a real detective. Just be more confident in yourself, and I know that you can do it!" Kaede, the Ultimate Pianist, said with courage that she wished to pass on to Shuichi.

Shuichi was a little startled. Other people have tried to reassure him like that, but never this intense. He could feel that she meant it too. "Kaede..." he wanted to say more, but he still felt small as the others stared at him.

The other students started saying words of encouragement. Even Maki said a "you can do it" silently. This made Shuichi relize that they were all counting on him. He couldn't let them down.

"Okay! You can count on me. I'll make sure to find the answers we're looking for." With this, everyone smiled and left Shuichi to do his job.

-----------------------

Shuichi was a very organized person.

So when he decided it'd be best to start with alibis, it was no suprise that he'd pull out a notebook in order to write them in.

First, he knew that both Kokichi and himself were together, so that was their alibi. The other people who tried to open the door, or saw it close, could vouch for them.

After writing down that, he decided it'd be best to start investigating the library.

The library seemed like it always did. Other than Rantaro's dead body, nothing seemed out of place.

He found it best to start with the body first. After that, he could investigate the rest of the school. Or most of it anyway.

He crouched down, and stared at what used to be Rantaro. In actuality, it still looked like Rantaro. The only difference was how cold the skin was, the line of blood around his neck, and the expression of betrayal frozen on it's face.

There was something wrong with the picture.

Shuichi gently felt the neck, tracing his finger along the lines of blood. He poked it softly and frowned.

"This isn't deep enough to kill Rantaro." He found himself talking to himself, a habbit he developed when he was deep in thought. He found it easier to concentrate when speaking his thoughts out loud.

"Then, if this didn't kill Rantaro, what did?" He took out his Monopad and went to the Monofile section. He quickly scanned it, and frowned.

"It doesn't specifically state it, huh. But there's only one injury. How did he die?" He thought about it a little more. "And why did Monokuma not state it? Does he not know?"

"Rude! I do know for a matter of fact. But since you kids scared me by not killing sooner, the cause of death will be restricted. You'll be able to find out in the trial. Plus, if I were to add it, it'd be going against the killer, and therefore, unfair to them. Now, shut up and finish investigating!" Monokuma's voice talked behind Shuichi. He twisted his neck in order to see the bear. But there was nothing. Monokuma was gone as quickly as he had disappeared.

"So, that means that the cause of death is important. Good to know." He muttered to himself as he went back to the body. He didn't know why, but he could feel Monokuma freeze as he realised that instead of confusing Shuichi, he had given him a important piece of information.

Shuichi stared at Rantaro's face for a bit. That was when he noticed something.

"His lips are... bitten?"

He took a finger to feel his lips better. He then took another finger and felt his own in order to compare the two textures. Shuichi's seemed more smoother than Rantaro's.

"Yea. Bitten. But why?" He figured out what he needed to do now. "Im sorry Rantaro."

He used his hands to open Rantaro's mouth. Holding his mouth open with one hand, he used a finger to trace around it.

Something was definitely wrong. He felt his tongue, and he felt suprised when he felt something on it. It was some kind if powder. No, not poweder. It was...

"The remains of a pill? Does that mean that he was... poisoned?" He took his hand out his mouth as he came to the realization. Suddenly, he didn't mind the fact that he was investigating alone.

"But how did he take the pill in the first place? Nobody would accept something from another, especially in a killing game." He then noticed how his expression of betrayal finally fit the puzzle.

"If it was someone he knew, then that would be no problem. But, how did they convince them?" He stared at his fingers for a while. The bitten lips finally made sense too. "Unless, it was forced into him... with a kiss?"

He knew that things like this only happened in books written by adolescents, but the idea still existed. And if it existed, he couldn't just ignore the possibility.

He turned to leave the section in which the body was discovered in order to think things over. Rantaro was killed by a possible lover. This made the situation a little trickier, since Shuichi didn't know Rantaro's sexuality.

The culprit called Rantaro to the library, and they started to kiss. What Rantaro didn't know is that the culprit had a pill in their mouth. The culprit then proceeded to force the pill onto Rantaro, killing him instantly. They then proceeded to move Rantaro's body against the bookcase, and cut his neck or something.

"But what did they use to injure his neck?" Shuichi knew that it was an important piece of evidence. Possibly critical to the whole case. "I imagine they wished to confuse us by showing us an external injury, when in reality it was a internal injury that killed him."

He hit his head against the wall softly in frustration. If it was his uncle on the case, he would've already been able to find out who the culprit was. This just proved how much Shuichi was useless a detective.

Shuchi didn't find anything out of place in the library. The globe did cause suspicion though. Why would there be a globe? The globe also didn't fit in. It looked high-tech, while the library seemed centuries old. This caused Shuchi to think that the globe was only recently brought in. But the question was: why? Did it serve some purpose to the killing game?

He stared at it for a few minutes, theories popping in his mind as to what it could be. Nothing likely came up.

With one last look, he left the library.

-----------------------

Shuichi was bothered by something.

He had no idea on what happened in the period of time in which Kokichi and he had been trapped in the kitchen. He was utterly clueless, which frustrated him. This meant that he needed to find someone who knew what happened in the period of time in which he didn't know what happened.

"I'll ask Kirumi." He didn't know why, but he trusted Kirumi. Maybe it was because she was the Ultimate Maid? Or was it the mom vibe she had? Nonetheless, he would ask her.

He could also ask Kaede. But Kaede had helped him alot, and he didn't want to bother her.

He knew that he couldn't just walk around the school looking for Kirumi. So he decided that he would find her while collecting the alibis from the other students.

And so, with a goal in mind, he set off to find the others.

-----------------------

Shuichi found the first people in Classroom A. It was the first classroom you saw once you exited the basement. He figured it'd be the best place to start.

As soon as he entered, he saw Kiyo, Kiibo, and Tsumugi. The three were looking around, poking places. They seem to be investigating, but to Shuichi, it seemed as if they were expecting him. Putting that thought aside, he walked up to them.

"Erm. Could I get your alibis?" He didn't know how to pronounce it in a way that wouldn't get them to think that he was suspecting them.

"Ah. You don't want us to feel suspected, hm?" Korekiyo asked, causing Shuichi to look down in shame. "That is fine. After all, your a detective, are you not? I wonder what beauty I'll see when you start to shine..."

Shuichi look up to see reassuring faces. He felt grateful that they weren't mad at him for suspecting them. "If it's okay with you, I'd like to know your alibis. Specifically, what you were doing."

"I'll go first if you don't mind." Kiyo said. Shuichi wanted to hear his alibi the most. Everything about Kiyo was mysterious to Shuichi. "I was with Kaito and Maki. I wished to see the love blossom between them. I just know that it'd be beautiful once it happens, and I wish to witness that beauty."

Shuichi nodded. He would have to go to Kaito and Maki to comfirm his alibi. "I see. Thanks for your help."

Kiyo nodded and went back to investigating. Shuichi wrote down on the notebook that Kiyo was with Kaito and Maki. He then turned to Kiibo. "Kiibo. If you don't mind, could I ask for your alibi and where you were?"

"Of course Shuichi. I'll contribute with anything you need. Just count on me." Kiibo responded quite happily, eager to help.

"Okay then. If I could get your alibi, it'd really help to the investigation." Shuichi reminded him kindly again. Kiibo had seemed to freeze and just stare at him.

"Of course! I apologize for before. I was looking over my memory bank in order to rember what I was doing." Kiibo responded apologetically. "If I rember correctly, I was with Gonta. I was helping him look for bugs. If you ask him, I'm sure that he can back me up."

Shuichi nodded, writing it down. "Thank you Kiibo. I really appreciate your contribution."

Kiibo returned his words with a nod, and went back to looking around. This just left Tsumugi, and Shuichi could go look for others.

"Ah, Tsumugi?" Shuichi walked over to where Tsumugi was. She appeared to be staring off onto the distance, clearly spacing out. "Tsumugi?" He tried again. She didn't seem to respond. Shuichi sighed as he figured out what to do.

'Isn't she an otaku? Maybe if I do this, I'll get a response...'

"Anime is just for nerds...?" Shuichi lied. He actually enjoyed watching the occasional anime. He cringed at himself as he insulted Tsumugi's favorite thing.

"Anime is an important part of our culture! Don't you dare insult it infront of me, you normie!" Tsumugi was onto him like a whip, clear anger on her face.

"I-im sorry! I was just trying to get your attention since you didn't respond. I don't really mean that. I'm sorry." Shuichi hurried to apologize, tripping over his words.

"Ah, is that so?" Tsumugi calmed down. She had an apologetic look on her face as she saw the expression the shy boy had on. "I'm sorry, I just spaced out."

"No it's okay." Shuichi looked relief as he saw Tsumugi calm down. "If it's alright with you, could I get your alibi? It's for the investigation."

Tsumugi nodded. "Of course. Is what I would say."

"Huh? Is there a problem?" Shuichi was confused that Tsumugi didn't want to give him an alibi. Did she not... trust him?

"No, not really. It's just that... I don't have an alibi." Tsumugi sighed saddly. "I imagine this makes me suspicious, does it not?"

'She doesn't have an alibi?' Shuichi shook his head. That wasn't enough to suspect her. He imagined that others would have no alibi as well. "That's okay. Could I get what you were doing then?"

"That I can do." Tsumugi nodded, glad she could be of use. "I was in my room, writing fanfics of my otps. If you wish, I could show you. But I do warn you, they contain smut."

"N-no. I'm good, thanks." Shuichi wrote on his notebook quickly. He didn't really read fanfics, but it wasn't like he was going to criticize her for her unique hobbies. "Thank you for your help."

Tsumugi nodded and went back to what Shuichi assumed to be thinking of her ships. He left the classroom with one last look.

As he stepped out, he was met by Kaito and Maki walking together. He saw this as a chance to get them to comfirm Kiyo's alibi, as well as get what they were doing.

"Kaito, Maki, do you mind if I ask you some questions?" He called out to them, making them stop and turn to look at him. He walked up to them, notebook in hand.

"No." Kaito responded.

"P-pardon me?" Shuichi asked, clearly suprised.

"It's not "do you mind". Its "I need to ask you some questions"! Now, ask again!" Kaito responded.

"I- uh. Okay?" Shuichi wasn't used to situations like this. He clearly didn't want to be in one either. "I need to ask you some questions. I'd appreciate answers." He felt quite odd asking like that.

Kaito smiled in accomplishment, earning a sigh from Maki. "Of course." Maki responded. "I imagine you would like our alibis, right?"

Shuichi nodded in agreement. He felt grateful that he wouldn't need to ask them that.

"Well, Kaito and I were outside. Right, Kaito?" Maki turned to look at Kaito for confirmation.

"That's right! Kiyo was following us though. We don't know what he wanted though." Kaito responded.

Shuichi nodded and wrote down the newly founded information. "Can I as- what were you doing outside?" He changed his wording midway, scared that Kaito would insist that he ask differently.

"We were looking for a way out. We figured there would be something we missed." Kaito said with Maki nodding alongside him. They seemed to be in perfect coordination with each other.

'Is this what Kiyo meant when he said watching love blossom?' Shuichi thought to himself while watching the two.

"That's all. Thank you for your time." The two walked away, walking down to the basement in which Shuichi imagined the two would investigate. He watched them leave for a moment before remembering that he still needed to investigate.

(I just read the love suite events dialogue... I-. What the heck Tsumugi?)

He walked over onto the gym. He didn't know why, but he felt that if he went there, people would be in there. Surprisingly, he was right.

Ryoma, Kirumi, Himiko and Gonta were in there. Although, Gonta was just sitting in the corner, doing nothing. He was playing with his hair nervously. It seemed as if he felt he didn't belong.

Seeing his sad expression, Shuichi couldn't help but walk over to him. 

"Gonta? Is everything alright?" Shuichi asked worriedly. He usually saw Gonta happy, so seeing him so, so sad worried him.

"Gonta is fine. Sorry for making Shuichi worry." Gonta replied while looking up to Shuichi.

"Glad to hear that. But, why aren't you helping with the investigation?" He asked.

"Gonta is no smart. Gonta sad that he won't be able to help others. Gonta will only get in way. Not want that." Gonta replied.

Oh. So that's what's bugging him. Shuichi could relate in all honesty. There were some times in which he felt utterly useless, and not wanting to drag the others down, he'd usually just not do anything.

"I know a way in which you can be of help." Gonta looked up with hope reflected in his eyes. He really seemed to want to be helpful. "Could you tell me what you were doing exactly? This'll help me in the investigation."

Gonta nodded eagerly. "Gonta can do that! Gonta was with Kiibo looking for bugs. No bugs outside. That make Gonta sad."

"Im sorry for there not being any bugs. But thank you for the help." Shuichi smiled kindly as he started writing in his notebook. That confirmed Kiibo's alibi.

"It okay! It not Shuchi's fault. Gonta happy he can be of help!" Gonta seemed to be more happier.

With one last thank you, he turned to go talk to the other three.

He went up to Himiko first.

"Erm, Himiko? Could you tell me what your alibi is? It'd help with the investigation." He asked. Himiko was... unique to say the least. She believed wholeheartedly that she was a mage, and insisted that could do magic. Shuichi didn't really know how to talk to her. He usually ended up insulting her without meaning to.

"Nyeh? My alibi? I was with Kirumi, Miu, Kaede and Ryoma in the dining hall. Kirumi made us yummy food. She cooks almost as good as my mommy." Himiko said with her usual tired expression.

"I see. Thank you Himiko." Shuichi said as he wrote down the newly found information. He didn't question the fact that Himiko callled her mother "mommy". After all, everyone was unique.

"Nyeh. Not a problem to a mage like myself. If I wanted to, I could find the culprit with my magic," she sighed. "But... it's such a pain, nyeh."

Shuichi forced himself to nod. "Right. Thanks."

He decided to talk to Ryoma next. He didn't know much about Ryoma. Other than he took down the Mafia single handedly.

"Your finally going to ask me about my alibi, aren't you?" Ryoma said, surprising Shuichi.

"Um. Y-yes. I hope it isn't too much of a bother." Shuichi replied nervously.

"It's okay. You need to be wary of others if you hope to survive." Shuichi didn't know why, but Ryoma gave off upperclassman vibes. He seemed like he would know many life lessons. "As for my alibi, I was with Kirumi, Kaede, Miu and Himiko at the dining hall. We were eating a meal that Kirumi had prepared for us."

Shuichi wrote down what Ryoma had said. This confirmed the alibis of the others, but just to be safe, he would ask them as well.

"Your a detective, aren't you?" Ryoma asked suddenly, breaking Shuichi's train of thought. Shuichi nodded his head in agreement. "So, that must mean you have a suspect. Tell me. Who do you suspect?"

Shuichi felt a little taken by the question. He had just begun investigating. He couldn't possibly begin to suspect anyone just yet. "It's too soon to say so. I also need to gather more information."

Ryoma stared at him for a second before chuckling quietly. "That's right. Well, do your best I guess."

Shuchi nodded and turned to talk to Kirumi. This was his chance to ask her about what had happened in his absence.

A/N: There's a bunch of stuff left for me to write. But I'll stop it now since I feel it has been going on for a little too long. I've already hit the 3,500 mark. I don't want this chapter to get too out of hand. I'm listening to "Let's Start the Killing Game" while writing this, and I'm getting the sudden urge to kill everyone off in this book. But I'm not.

I'll finish the investigation in the next chapter. I hope.

Im sorry for making you read all that. I imagine it was boring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 5.8K 61
||NON TOXIC pregame oumasai|| (Part 1 of my saiouma trilogy) (Part 2 is "broken lies and lovely truths"-ingame saiouma) Shuichi is perceived as "that...
6K 157 18
please DONT read if you sensitive to these topics: Self harm, death, spoilers, slow burns, Saiouma, and mental hospitals!! Some notes: This story con...
4.7K 147 32
Danganronpa V3 x Ghost!Jester!Reader somewhat Fanganronpa? You got that right. You are the ultimate Jester. You may be wondering, why does it say 'gh...
22.8K 605 22
Monokuma is getting bored of the murderous killing games he's hosted.don't get him wrong,he loves the fact that the kids aren't afraid to kill and al...