The CEO's Wife

By ShabanaTheStar

❝ We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross paths for a reason ❞ Ibrahim Qureshi, 29-years-ol... More

before you read
copyright
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
bonus one
bonus two
epilogue
gratitude

chapter five

36.4K 2.1K 308
By ShabanaTheStar

Making friends in her office has been the toughest job for Mawra as there would always be a change in staff, maybe not always but replacement of staff takes place more than any other company in the Qureshi enterprise. Courtesy; her boss' temper and his weird habit to fire people whenever he wanted to. 

But like her, there are few who has been working here for long years, few very hard working people indeed. Ibrahim liked the hardworking staff. He appreciated them and their efforts. And Adnan Sheikh was one of those staff. He was the advertising manager of this company. Has a solid five years experience and was one of the senior staff, 29 years old. Everyone's favourite. Biggest flirt. And also Mawra's friend, unfortunately. 

"Hey, Mawra." she lifted up her head to see a very cheerful Adnan, standing inside her cabin, "hey?" clueless as to how he entered here in the first place, Mawra greeted him politely. 

"Are you not happy to see me? I thought we were best friends." he faked hurt, making her chuckle. " stop being dramatic, Adnan. What do you want? I'm kind of busy here." Mawra almost groaned at the workload she had. 

"When are you not busy? Anyways, It's lunch break already. Close that stupid laptop and join us in the canteen." Adnan grinned at her, but her eyes widened at the word lunch. Oh no, she was supposed to submit one file half an hour ago. Ibrahim was going to be so mad, she bit her lips in irritation and ran out of her cabin, with the file in her hand. 

Ibrahim like expected was immersed in work, having a deep conversation with the managers of other branches in the video call. He looked up to see her, who was breathing unevenly. Taking slow steps, she placed the file on the table and observed his conference meeting. Looking at the time, he frowned a little bit. Because it was time for her lunch. 

"You can go." he mouthed to her, to which she sighed. Glad to be not scolded by him for not being punctual. He needed that file half an hour ago, the conference meet required it. But why didn't he call her earlier? Mawra wondered to herself, as she walked out. 

As she opened his office door widely, Ibrahim could see her being dragged by a guy of his age. She didn't do anything to make him stop rather followed him along, with a shake of her head as a smile played on her lips. 

He clenched his fist in fury, not liking that sight at all. Its been a few days since his family's visit to her home. Six days to be precise. Mawra was yet to give her reply, but he has already fixed her as his to-be wife in his mind. Somewhere deep down he felt that it'd happen. Trust your intuition they said, that's what he did. 

But seeing her close with some random guy, made him realize how possessive he could get and that was making him feel so stupid. What if she straight away rejected his proposal or what if she hates him for giving a truckload of works and didn't want to marry him in the first place? Thoughts like this began to cloud his mind and he no longer paid attention to what the managers were talking about.

"Let's end this here, enjoy your lunch break everyone." without waiting for their responses, he ends the call and walked out of his office and looked for her. Knowing that it was lunchtime and she'd probably be in the canteen, Ibrahim walked into the elevator, the one which is specially reserved for him and his family. 

Walking into the office canteen only increased his rage, his advertising manager was all heart eyes for Mawra, as he joked with her and made her laugh. That guy was really efficient and talented in his work, but the way he was looking at her made him want to punch that guy in the face. 

What the hell was wrong with him? He had no idea. 

As he walked towards them, he heard Adnan saying, "I wanted to ask you something." to which Mawra raised her brows in curiosity. 

With the looks of it, one can surely guess what Adnan was going to say. Ibrahim has seen a lot of such guys during his college days. Not wanting them to proceed any further, he cleared his throat and made them aware of his presence. In fact, the whole canteen became quiet as soon as he stepped in, there were only small whispers except for these two, who seem to be in their own world. 

Mawra was surprised to see Ibrahim in the canteen. Wasn't he in the conference call? She wondered with a worried look on her face, was he going to scold her now that the call was over? Another thought crossed her mind. 

It's nearly a week since that unexpected proposal and she was yet to give her answer. The initial awkwardness she had around him after that noon was replaced with her confident self, she'd at least pretend to be cool. But Mawra knew everyone was waiting for her response, including him. 

"Can you come to my office, Ms Hussain?" passing Adnan a blank look, Mawra got up from her chair and followed her boss from behind, worrying about his cold voice. He sounded really mad back there. 

"You can come in this elevator." Ibrahim pointed to his special one with his eyes. She nodded her head reluctantly and walked in, along with him. 

The receptionist who came to have her lunch in the canteen observed all of this with a look on her face. That type of look screamed judging. She was observing the awkwardness between her boss and his assistant for a week now and a wicked smile formed on her lips as she found another hot topic to gossip about. 

***

"I'm so sorry, sir. I was so busy with the other tasks that I've forgotten about this file." Mawra muttered as soon as they stepped into his office whilst eying the file on his table, Ibrahim was confused for a second there. But understood what she was talking about, "its alright. Even I've forgotten about that. My mind was somewhere else." He had no choice but to attend the conference call. 

As soon as the words left his mouth, Mawra gaped in surprise. That was another first. Ibrahim was never the one to be distracted. And hearing him admit that his mind was somewhere else has surprised her, to say the least. 

"Then why did you call me here, sir?" 

Oh, shoot! What do I tell her? 

"I-" before he could come up with a good lie, a call interrupted them. Ibrahim silently thanked them, whoever they are, "excuse me." she nodded her head while he lifted the call. 

"Mom? Why are you crying? Is everything okay?" Ibrahim's cold voice was suddenly so soft and vulnerable as he spoke with his mother. It was like he's a whole new person now. Mawra was stunned. 

"I-I'll be there." he hung up with a worried look on his face, which also worried her. She has never seen him like this. 

"Is everything okay?" Mawra asked, to which he passed her a blank look. 

"My b-brother got into a bike accident and..." his voice was so low and weak as he uttered those words and just by that sight, one could say how important is his brother to him. 

"I need to go." he rushed out of his office, whilst praying for his little brother. Mawra followed him behind in a hurry, "can I join you too?" Ibrahim looked taken aback at her interest but nodded his head anyway. He was touched by the concern she was showing, even if nothing about the marriage was confirmed yet. 

The car ride was filled with complete silence, neither of them spoke. But Ibrahim was somehow glad to have her company. It gave him some kind of moral support unknowingly. Mawra insisted that she'd drive as his driver was on a leave. And the other drivers went to have their lunch. He was not exactly in a state to drive as well. So, he lets her drive. 

"He'll be alright. Don't worry." Mawra whispered softly as they parked near the hospital. He nodded his head with the same hope. As soon as the car was parked, they rushed towards the reception and enquired about his brother, who guided them to the ward. 

"Mom." 

"Thank god, you came. Oh my, you're here too." Salika sighed in relief to see her son, and a small smile etched on her lips as she saw Mawra along with him, she returned her smile, with a concerned look in her eyes.

"How's that idiot, mom?" Ibrahim asked about Ameen.  His mother shook her head, "I told you not to gift him that bike, do you ever listen?" Salika began to complain, throwing the blame on him now. 

"But how is he?" he had no time to listen to her scolding for all he cared about was Ameen's well being. 

"He's sleeping. A few scratches on his legs and hands. The doctor said he'll be fine and not to disturb him for now." Salika mumbled with a frown. 

"That's all? I've been worried for nothing?" Ibrahim sounded relieved to know that his brother was fine. Trust his mother to be overdramatic for everything. With the way she sounded, he was worried sick and she didn't even tell him anything completely. Just mentioned the hospital and the accident and hung upon him. 

"You got me so scared, mom." he was mad at his mother for making him go through hell in the past half an hour, she didn't even lift the call on his way. 

"Your father is out of the station, and I needed you here okay. I was scared too." Salika mumbled with teary eyes. He didn't reply to her but hugged her instead as his mother cried in his arms, he rubbed her back affectionately trying to calm her down. 

Mawra's heart warmed at that sight in front of her. They were so cute that it was making her feel emotional. 

This was an entirely new side of Ibrahim that she has witnessed in the last half an hour, the way he cared for his family. How scared and worried he was for his brother has melted her cold heart as Ahil called it. 

She didn't even realize but was smiling at the mother and son duo, who were still hugging each other. Honestly, what stopped her all these days from saying yes to this marriage was worry. And that worry vanished in the blink of her eyes as she saw how soft and protective he is towards his family. 

Mawra could only hope that he'd show at least one by fourth of that care, affection and concern towards her if she said yes to the marriage. All these years she has only pictured him to be the cold and arrogant boss, and that scared her from saying yes to the marriage but seeing him in a new light was giving her a completely different feeling, which she couldn't describe it herself. 

At that moment, she knew what will be her answer. Another small smile played on her lips at that thought. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 759 50
Makhfi: Adjective. hidden, secret, concealed 6 lives on a journey for success, will they succeed in their goal or not. /The story revolves around 2...
125K 7.2K 49
Waleed Asad Bukhari is the ultimate workaholic. With a flourishing tech company to look after, he doesn't have the time or interest for a life outsid...
738K 42.6K 34
❝ She has always dreamed of having that perfect 'home' but then found 'him' instead ❞ A home is something that she has always dreamt of, where she'd...
13.4K 860 27
Her Series Book 1 Vihaan Singh Mehrotra A meticulous, arrogant, and dominant person both personally and professionally. The CEO of Mehrotra Industrie...