Nightmares

By Gee_efh

A home wrecked and sinking down, a father and a brother who acts as if you are not to be counted as a person... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Epilogue.
Authors note.
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Author's Note

Chapter 14.

93 3 0
By Gee_efh

"Does my brother know that you're here? " I asked as Eugene entered and closed the door with a soft click.

"He doesn't and I'm here for myself and not for him" he replied with a shrug and turned to face me.

I moved from my place in front of the door and sat on my bed switching my phone on and tapping on it to show how uninterested I was.

"So why are you in my room for yourself?" I questioned again, looking up to him for an answer.

"Look I'm sorry for what happened earlier" he placed his hands in his pocket nervously and my eyes instantly went back to my phone.

"If that's why you are here then you know the exit" I pointed to the door with my right hand without looking up from my phone.

He sighed and sat beside me. He touched my thigh and my stone-cold face with a murderous glare made him remove his hand.

"Hey I know, I'm not in the right place to say this but can you please forgive me?" He said warily scratching his left eyebrow.

I didn't reply and kept on tapping on my phone.

"Please?" He mumbled.

Still no reply or action.

"Please?, really?" he sounded desperate.

I sighed and raised my head to meet his eyes that were filled with some sort of genuine guilt.

"OK, I forgive you. Can you please leave me and my room alone?"

"Come on Joel, I know that wasn't from your heart" he chuckled.

"Fine. Now if it helps then I forgave you all the moment I left the kitchen. I don't have places in my heart to hold grudges against maniacs" I replied.

"Ouch, that hurts" he winked and placed his hand on his chest dramatically.

"You deserve that," I said matter of factly.

"So to make it up to you, can we go grab something to eat tomorrow whenever you're free" he offered.

"No, thanks"

"Oh come on. It's just eating out, just help me" he insisted.

"Nope"

"Please, please, and pretty please" he pleaded and tried making a cute face.

"No, and whatever that you're trying to do isn't working on me"

"Then I guess I'll just say Please and make cute expressions till you give in" he mumbled and started saying please in a stupid voice with stupid facial expressions that were making me go crazy.

"Okay, just this time. It's gonna be the first and the last, got it?"

"Thought you said it wasn't going to work" he raised his eyebrows and crossed his arms.

"Stop being cocky, it didn't work but the stupid voice and face behind it did the trick" I rolled my eyes " Now did you get what I said?"

"Clear as crystal" he nodded.

"Wait... " I recoiled "aren't you going anywhere with your friends tomorrow ?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Nah, they will be going to that place erm...The Dunes, yeah and I told them that I've got some plans" he explained.

"Okay. So tomorrow meet me at the new restaurant uptown, La  MatCreme at noon. Don't be late" I said.

"OK roger that. But why that restaurant?" he asked.

"That's where I work and can you go out, now?"

"Okay, thanks for this chance" he replied with a smile.

He stood to go up and stopped by the door with his hand on the handle.

"Joel" he called over his shoulder.

"Yep" I raised my eyebrows.

"Thanks" he smiled.

"Whatever, just go out" I waved him off and scoffed.

I checked the time and it was already 3 pm so I scurried downstairs to put something together for mom before Tye returned to make it a mess.

I managed to put together some silly food I don't want to mention which so happens to be mom's favorite during her pregnancy. I plated the food and took it to her room but was met with an empty room with mom's phone on her bed. I sighed and went back to the kitchen to place the food in the fridge. Just as I was about to open the fridge, the front door opened with " thanks for the ride" cheerily coming out from my mom.

I peeped and saw a beautiful graceful smile adorning her lips as she swayed her hips in a salsa manner towards the kitchen. She had two heavy stuffed shopping bags in her hands. I hurried over to her side and rolled my eyes.

"Oh hey," she grinned widely  "didn't realize you were around. I thought you had left the house," she said still with the smile on her face.

"Someone seems happy today" I raised my eyebrows in a questioning manner.

"Yeah of course. Why won't I be?" she made it sound so obvious that it seemed that I was the dumbest person on earth for not knowing why she was in a good mood.

And I don't know the reason because I was not with her during whatever that she went out to do.

"Shoot, what aren't you saying?" I placed the shopping bags on the floor, crossed my arms, and stood in front of her.

"Halt your speedy horse's boy" she waved me off.

"I don't think the halt blah blah is correct"

"Whatever" she sat down on a sofa and patted the space next to her " so I met someone who so happens to know you and would definitely pass for an angel" she gazed into nothingness with a look of a small girl dazed by the presence of her crush.

"Mom, can you speak in human language as I didn't get even the tiniest fiber of what you just said" I huffed.

"Sure. I met a guy who I met a few days ago and when I told him I was going to grab some things from the mall, he offered me a drive and even got all the things I needed for me and paid. Surprising thing is that, he dropped me here without asking for directions" she explained and shrugged in what seemed like awe and adoration.

"How long have been in contact with him?" I pried more.

"Well, since three days ago and some bump ups along the way in town. And clarifying things, he is not my type and besides he is way too younger" she chuckled and looked at me as I'd she knew what were thinking.

And that wasn't what I was thinking. What I was thinking is that I had this unsettling feeling that she could be talking about Felix.

"But take my word he is hot" mom smirked and winked

I groaned and sighed deeply.

"Ah" she suddenly beamed, " I think I showed him a picture of you and he lighted up saying he knows you"

Oh for fuck's sake I can't be rightt, right?.

"Mom did you have any personal chat, I mean like talking about us to him, you know?" I asked dreading the answer she might give.

"Yep. He told me about him and I told him just a little. Just that we lived alone and you had a heavy obsession with foreign languages"  she responded casually.

Hah, jackpot. I knew it.

"Mom, the person you spoke to is Felix, and yes I do know him" I sighed and rubbed my temple.

"Okay," she replied.

"But promise not to do your creepy things or freak out about what I'm about saying"

"Okay," she said and turned to fully face me.

"I think he likes me " I spoke out and looked down bracing myself for her reaction.

Mom wasn't going to do anything violent or something like that sort. She is the kind that turns a blind eye to things I do even the bad ones because she thinks 'I had sacrificed way more than enough for her that she would not even tell at me when I do what she hates most. Silly right but I loved Mom but what I was dreading was her being herself which is behaving like a middle school girl.

Then as if on cue she squeaked and started all the sort of questions she was not supposed to ask especially with regards to my love life. But trust Mom to throw all shame and dignity out the window just to get some juice out of me.

I placed my hands on my ears as she kept on rambling and ranting on about all sorts of things.

"Mom, okay that's enough!" I yelled a little bit and raised my right hand.

She suddenly stopped with a wide grin followed by a smirk as she stared at me with a mischievous glint in her eyes. I needed to get out here before this escalated.

I groaned and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Okay so now I'd like to be excused to do something important," I said as I walked towards the stairs without waiting for her reply.
"There's food in the fridge for you" I called over my shoulder and bounced up the stairs.

I sat on my bed and sighed for the umpteenth time because mom was literally driving me crazy with Tye following in her steps when she retired. Seriously sometimes I just wish that she could disappear for a while and come back later.

Now I've got to talk to someone about why the fuck he's been meeting my mom and didn't deem it important to tell me.

Anyways maybe I never asked or maybe he should have said it but all in all, he still needs to hear my voice from hell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 59.2K 36
Jason Williams didn't think going out to dinner with his family was going to be any different than usual. Comments about his sexuality, some teasing...
861K 38.4K 36
-KIND OF MATURE- "I wouldn't fuck you if you paid me." Well, at least my question is answered. He can get more punchable. We glare at each other, I...
7.5K 647 42
Diego Santiago was not your average teenager. He had a loving mother, a great best friend, a beautiful friend, an ex-boyfriend that gave him a traum...
9.6K 306 26
*Dedicated to all the Victims in the Orlando Pulse Shooting, Your souls will always be beautiful* Ben is yours typical lonely guy. Lives alone, No fr...