SEEN / julie and the phantoms

By mendessi

jade devyn taylor , the fourth member of sunset curve dies shortly after her bandmates, will she find her way... More

meet the cast
1995
2020
the orpheum
you and i
welcome back boys
the bad days
finally free
spectacular
exhale
edge of great pt. I
edge of great pt. II
edge of not so great
to the mountains
losing you
cold in california
letters to luke
caleb's offer
winter wonderland
you shouldnt be here
you said forever
luke and jade
the end
new story(:
new story!!

trevor wilson

23.3K 495 251
By mendessi

/ the above video was found on luke's old video camera/

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Julie said to me. I followed her to her room away from the boys in the studio and flopped onto her bed. Her bed was pretty comfy and it did feel a little weird being in here considering this was my old bedroom. She definitely decorated it a lot better than I did.

"What's up?" I asked. 

"I found this letter in my dad's desk." Julie said. She pulled and envelope from her back pocket and handed it to me.  "It's from your parents." 

I looked down at the paper with my dad's messy handwriting scribble across the front.  "Wow. Uh, thanks Jules." 

"How long were you and my mom friends for?" She asked, sitting next to me on the bed. 

"For a little bit. Just for a few months after the guys died and then I also died." I replied. "She was an amazing person. I see her in you." 

"How did you die?" Julie said to me. 

"I got hit by a car. Right outside The Orpheum." I looked up from the letter and at her. 

"Remind me to never go near The Orpheum." She told me and it made me laugh. 

"Did your mom ever talk about me?" I asked Julie. 

"Yeah. She had so many stories even though you were only friends for so short. She loved you and your music." Julie replied. "Can I ask you something?" 

"Sure, anything." I nodded.

"You and Luke?" She smiled cheesily.

"Anything but that." I said to her, standing up from my spot on her bed. 

"Come on, Jade, I wanna know." She grabbed my hand and pulled me back onto the bed. "I saw that video. I didn't mean to but I did and now I can't stop thinking about it."

"It's history. That's the only thing that ever happened, okay?" I said standing up again. "I'm gonna go get ready for rehearsals." 

I left her room without saying anything else and sat in Ray's office at his desk and opened the envelope that Julie had give to me. 

Dear Ray,

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of Rose. She was such a light in our lives especially after Jade died. I just want you to know that we are grateful for Rose's presence in Jade's life after her friends died. 

Veronica died earlier this year and would be devastated to hear about this news. I can only hope they're all up there together, rocking out as the kids would say. 

If you want to revive the tradition of dinner at our place on Sundays, that might make things easier in my life and would make me happy. 

My condolences, 

Marcus

I felt a tear slip down my cheek and I folded the letter back up and shoved it into my pocket. I really had no idea that my parents would have dinner with Ray and Rose on Sundays. I'm assuming they stopped after Julie was born because they didn't have time to. It was relieving to hear that my dad was still around, but to hear my mom had died was extremely painful. My mom and I were close, sure we had our fights, but she was always there for me and encouraged me to pursue my dreams. 

I left the office and made my way into the studio, confused to see the guys staring at Julie's computer screen. 

"What's going on?" I asked. I walked to where they were and looked at the screen as well, biting my lip when I saw Bobby's face on the screen. There's something I completely forgot to mention to the guys.

"Bobby stole our legacy that's what's going on." Luke said. 

"Yeah." I crossed my arms over my chest. I knew why they were reacting the way they were, I reacted the same way when I found out. I just had 20 years to get over it. 

"You're not mad?" Reggie asked.

"He lived through all of us dying and stole everything from Sunset Curve." Alex said. 

"He also stole everything we wrote after you guys died." I sighed. "We were supposed to carry the legacy together." 

"You knew about this?" Luke raised his voice at me. 

"Yeah, I found out about it the first time I poofed back into the world." 

"And you didn't tell us?" Luke said.

"I honestly forgot." I said.

"Let's go teach him a lesson." He said. 

"What? Guys, we have to rehearse for the dance, this is our first gig!" Julie said standing up from the piano. 

The guys didn't respond, they just poofed out, to Trevor's house I'm assuming. 

"Okay guys, break times over. Get to playing, mama needs her eye candy." Flynn stepped into the studio and I snickered at her choice of words. Julie didn't find it amusing so I sighed and looked around, hoping she wouldn't say what I knew she would. 

"They're gone." Julie said. "I think unleashed three angry ghosts on the world, but I think I know where they're going." 

Julie and Flynn started their trek to Trevor's house, but I simply poofed in kind of forgetting that they couldn't do that. Bobby was in the bathroom and I could hear the guys laughing so I rushed upstairs and into the bathroom to see the guys standing around the bathroom mirror.

"What are you idiots doing?" I whispered. I knew there really wasn't a point in me whispering considering we were ghosts, but that didn't stop me. 

"Payback." Luke said. "I can't believe you didn't tell us." 

"I honestly forgot okay? I'm sorry." I sighed. "This isn't worth what you think it is, guys. Come on." Reggie was already drawing 'Hello Bobby' into the condensation on the mirror. That sent Bobby rushing to do the door which we poofed onto the other side of. Alex pushed his weight against the door holding it shut so Bobby couldn't get out. 

What made me laugh was when he yelled "Let me out!'. The guys and I poofed outside as he was leaving and I crossed my arms looking at them. 

"Guys, we have a new band with Julie okay? We can't let out anger cloud that." I said.

"Come on, Jade, it was a little funny." Reggie said. 

"Only a little." I laughed and then forced myself to put on my serious face. "I'm serious. We can't mess this up." 

"So, did you guys have fun in there?" Julie said from behind me. 

"You'd do the same thing if he stole all your songs." Luke replied to her. 

"He did steal a good chunk of my songs actually, and I didn't do that." I held my pointer finger up stepping back so I was next to Julie.

"But you have new songs with me. The best way to get back at Trevor is for this band to do great and to do great we have to play at dances, then clubs..." 

"And tours, we know." Luke interrupted her. 

"Julie's right, guys. We've been given this second chance for some odd reason and we can't afford to screw it up getting back at a lousy thief like Bobby." I crossed my arms over my chest looking at them. 

"We go on at nine. Please don't be late, there's going to be a lot of people there." Julie said to them. She sounded a lot like Rose. Rose would use that exact tone and I usually called it "Rose's mom voice" because she genuinely sounded like a mom. 

"We got it, alright don't worry." Alex said. 

Julie turned on her heel and I was ready to go back to the studio to rehearse some more but I turned to the guys one more time.

"Please don't screw this up." I said before poofing out and into the studio. 

I went over the music until Julie and Flynn showed up and Julie sat at her piano to help me pick up the song. 

"They can be such guys sometimes. I'm sorry, Jules." I sighed, setting my guitar down after I felt like I was able to play the song well. 

"I know why they're angry. I'd be angry too. I just wish they'd put it in the past like you did." She said to me standing up from the piano. "Do you wanna come get ready with me?" 

"It took a lot for me to put it in the past. I'm still angry about it, but there really isn't anything I can do except succeed in this band with you." We made our way up to her room and she opened the trunk full of her mom's and my clothes. 

"What are you gonna wear tonight?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Julie, Flynn and I were sitting on the floor popping balloons from the dance, Flynn was a little freaked out at seeing balloons pop when nobody was popping them, but I found it amusing. 

"I'm really sorry, Jules. I didn't think they'd forget." I frowned. 

"I don't know if I should be mad or worried, they're ghosts, I don't know what kind of trouble they can get into." Julie sighed looking between Flynn and I. 

"I'm gonna get us some ice cream from the cafeteria." Flynn said. "Fools gave me the keys." Flynn stood up and left the gym. 

"I would kill for some ice cream right now." I felt my mouth water at the sheer mention of ice cream and I was reminded one of the worst things about being dead was the lack of food. 

"Julie we are ready to rock this dance! That is clearly over." The guys barged into the gym and I was hit with a wave of anger hearing their voices. Julie and I stood up looking at the guys. I was fuming.

"Look, we are so, so sorry that we bailed on you guys." Luke said to us. 

"The night really got away from us." Alex added.

"And the twins." Reggie said quietly causing Luke to hit his back. At that point I wanted to scream at all three of them.

"Just please tell me this had nothing to do with getting back at Carrie's dad." Julie said. 

They all laughed and tried to shrug it off which made me even more mad if that was even possible.

"Seriously? You're lying to me?" Julie said in a sad tone. After she got her feelings out to the guys and announced that joining a band with them was a mistake she turned to me and gave my arm a squeeze before running out of the gym, "I'll see you at home." 

"You had one job tonight. Get here at nine and play the dance and you couldn't even do that." I snapped at them. "We had a second chance to play our music to the world and you blew it for some petty revenge?"

"I'm sorry, I know we screwed up." Luke said, stepping towards me and reaching for my hands which I pulled away from him. 

"Don't say sorry to me, say sorry to Julie. You guys embarrassed her in front of the whole school. I can't believe you guys." I scoffed and crossed my arms. 

"Jade, we didn't mean it." 

"Sure about that?" 

I didn't want to listen to another word so I poofed out of the gym and into Julie's room. "I can't believe them." 

"Me either. Our music was good and they just ditched us for stupid revenge." Julie threw her pillow on the ground in frustration and I sat next to her. 

"That's what we get for trusting boys." 

girl power w julie and jade ... jadlie? 

the guys are dumb 

all the love 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.1K 1K 28
Lauren is a rhythmic guitarist for sunset curve. Her band consists of Luke her big brother, Alex her best friend, Bobby who she sees as a big brother...
47.5K 519 27
Y/n is in the band Sunset Curve. She and Luke have always been flirty with each other everyone else in the band knew they liked each other but they j...
60.5K 1.1K 17
[ 𝑅𝐸𝐺𝐺𝐼𝐸 𝑃𝐸𝑇𝐸𝑅𝑆 π‘₯ πΉπΈπ‘€οΌŽπ‘‚πΆ ] Lillianna Patterson is dead. She died alongside her brother and best friends; the boys of Sunset Curve...
113K 1.9K 48
Kayla never asked to join a band, but it was the best decision she ever made. Along with her best friend Alex and new friends Luke and Reggie, Kayla...