(Hiatus) Loving through Time

By moodyrara

~ On Indefinite Hiatus More

A/N
CHAPTER 1 - Anika 2.0
CHAPTER 2 - Watch where you walk!
CHAPTER 4 - A sweet delicacy
CHAPTER 5 - Dark stranger
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7 - The new guy
CHAPTER 8 - One step closer to the truth
CHAPTER - 9 I'm sorry okay, I overslept!
Chapter 10 - The flight of daydreams and nightmares
Chapter 11. The party awaits.
Chapter 12 - The dance
Chapter 13 - Dance, Wine & a punch
Chapter 14 - Just plain amazing, Annika
Chapter 15 - Two adorable Owls
Chapter 16 - Homecoming
Chapter 17 - An annoying mystery
Chapter 18 - The B Word
CHAPTER 19 Our Secret
CHAPTER 20 A key to the past

CHAPTER 3

315 40 3
By moodyrara

"You have to be here- yes, Annika is fine, but you know she needs you right?" Shakti's arm stretched to his pockets, "She's been getting nightmares now. Since she left for California."

"Yes, of course, she doesn't miss a dose of medicine, but she keeps questioning me about them, so I had to get them mixed into her meals. I hope she gets well soon."

In the next few seconds, the conversation heated, ending with a slammed phone on the table. One of the reasons Shakti Singh Oberoi made sure he was in a locked room while his calls. Picking up his files, he left the study.

"Mr.Oberoi," the maid entered the hall with a tray full of refreshments, berries, and other citrus.

Shakti turned to take his cup of tea, "Any news of Rudra's Arrival?"

"Yes sir, he's returning this afternoon."

"And Annika?"

"Sir, she's been shopping at the boutique. She will be back any minute now," the maid responded, looking at the floor.

Just then, a driver walked in, his hands strained with flashy shopping bags, sweating all over.

Shakti eyed the maids for assistance. Two of them, Ashna and Sudha took the bags from his hands while Karan got a glass of water for his father.

Annika followed, more bags hanging on her wrists. Her lips curved into a smile as she saw her dad.

"Papa."

"Anika."

Anika ran to hug him. They parted soon enough as Shakti asked her about her sudden shopping. Anika started to show him the gifts she bought for him.

Shakti preferred working at night, so he hadn't seen Anika the day before when she returned from California.

"Beta, what was the need to bring all of this ?"

"Papa, since mom left, you never shop for yourself. Your closet looks the same since I remember. Look, I've got you some shoes, a blazer and some new socks for your business trips, you could take these to Denmark, next week. You'd outpass every dad there," She nodded proud of her choice.

"Annika, I don't need it beta. My closet is already full of so many clothes. Half of which I do not wear."

"Papa, please! I have the rights of being your only daughter and you can't deny me, I'll call the lawyers right now."

Shakti smiled still wary. He ordered the maids to keep the bags in his room.

It wasn't like Shakti Singh Oberoi didn't like to have the richness the world had to offer but his habit of saving money, deprived him of desiring such things.

Shakti changed with due course of time. From a rusty and rude businessman in his youth, he turned into a calm saint-like being.

"Aaj Jo tum aagayee, samjho ek Bahaar aayi hain," sang a rough, immature voice.

( Today, now that you're here, it's like spring again )

As she heard his voice, she turned to look for it.

"Rudra!?!!?!" Anika ran. She screamed, bringing the entire Oberoi Mansion to crumbles. Rudra was Anika's cousin brother. With him around, Anika acted like a five-year-old.

"Annika Didi," Rudra called out, matching her energy.

Rudra Singh Oberoi was a naughty Devil in the shape of a muscleman.

Rudra raised his hand forward, Annika understood. Kids often had a fun snippety routine whenever they greeted each other. Rudra and Anika also had one when they were younger, except now they were adults. If there was anything Anika adapted to sooner after the accident, it was Rudy and his quirks.

It ended when they tapped on each other's perky noses. Both of them burst into a laugh after.

"Such laughs have sparked in my home after a long-long time! "said Shakti who was busy wiping a tear of joy after looking at the siblings.

"Well, you see uncle. More merry is yet to knock on your doors," shouted Omkara, standing by the gates.

Rudra saw Om and waved, smiling at him. Their smiles were more words than a person used while talking.

"Om," Rudra called out while Om gave Shakti a long, affectionate hug.

"Dad, the dinners getting cold, now will you leave Om?" pouted Anika.

"Oh, somebody is jealous," Om perked against Anika's shoulder.

Anika made a face after giving Omkara the eyes that would kill him if looks could actually kill.

"Annika Didi, you leave these two, and let's go have food, or else this will turn into a dangerous conversation- one you do not want to be part of."

"Yes Anika, Shakti uncle was just asking me to get you a date with my colleague, Tarun," Omkara added.

"You were right Rudy," Annika grinned, while Rudra pulled her by her hand to the dining hall.

Rudra's mouth watered after having a look at the delicious dinner. Annika laughed, "So Mr.muscles, looks like, after this meal, your abs will definitely- turn into flabs."

Rudy gulped, thinking about the guilt he would feel after enjoying this meal.

"Naah didi, who cares?" his spoon struck the hot cheese lasagna, while his fork twisted noodles. On the other hand, Annika served naan and chilly paneer to herself. Her eyes widened when she saw Aloo puri, she kept a spot reserved for it on her plate.

Anika's eyes run through the deserts. From gulab jamun to sandesh, there was a total of twelve sweets.

But Anika's eyes searched for one, Rasgulla. This had been her night-time guilt snack for weeks now, and her dad forgot to include these! She took Rasmalai instead, but Rasgullas were just that, Rasgullas. Many juices were kept too. But the mixed fruit one was brought for Anika only. Rudy drank his vegetable protein ones that's why.

One after the other, they tasted the delicacies made just for them. The food reminded her of Anika of her mother, Pinky. After the accident, she didn't recall a thing about her past. Her dad, Shakti told her that her mother died when she was young. Even though she doesn't remember how her food tasted, her taste buds did.

After their bellies were full of foods from all over the world, they felt so lazy, they couldn't raise their eyes to move too.

"Ugh, Rudy! I don't think I 'l be able to get up before tomorrow."

"Didi, what do you speak of tomorrow- I won't be able to get up from this chair for a week."

They both sat there, warming their seats until the doorbells rang. When it rang twice, they remembered no one but them was down. The maids left after wrapping the dinner and Khanna was on holiday. Omkara and Shakti were chatting upstairs.

"I guess they are on the first floor," Anika's eyes roamed about searching for someone- anyone to open the gates," Rudy- go and open naa"

Rudra was almost asleep in his chair," Noo didi, I'm so tired."

"Rudy"

"Didii please"

Anika tsked. She knew Rudy had been in London since last week, "But just this once, okay?"

He nodded smiling. The Oberoi's had a franchise coming up there. Anika was busy handling the branches in Mumbai, along with Omkara. So, Gauri and Rudra were assigned with helping out for the European branches. Anika visited them too after she was done with California.

After a long long yawn, Annika managed to get up and walk, when she realized her right foot was getting cramps.

She hated it when this happened. When she was in school, once in an assembly, she fell before her entire classroom because these antsy tickles. They've been a part of her long enough for her to hate them unconditionally. Yet, she walked as they weren't numbingly strong at the moment.

But when she reached out to the door and pulled it open, her feet were ice numb.

Annika knew she'd fall so she closed her eyes. But she didn't. When her eyes fluttered open, she noticed two blue eyes looking into hers.

★ ☽ ★

Words: 1317

The 1k word limit has officially said tata to me.

Next chapter, something really sweet is coming up.

Vote! Comment if you like. And thank you for spending your time here!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51K 3.8K 14
Published Date : Sep 28 , 2019 Ended On : November 24 , 2019 Shivaay is in coma ???? Shocked 😲😲😲😲 Then peep into it to see what happens further
62.3K 3.5K 19
This story is a joint effort...My friend Lubna and i are working together on this.. It's a rikara story on the present track....read to find out more...
9.8K 447 19
A love story full of suspense and mysterious peep in to know more
86.5K 5.8K 45
Guys I am not good at descriptions 😜😜 So just peep inside