MUST HAVE BEEN THE WIND | JIK...

By miniekins

Jimin tries to run from the fact that his psychotic ex-boyfriend is back in town and harassing him. But it do... More

CHP 1 × DISCLAIMERS
CHP 2
CHP 3
CHP 4
CHP 5
CHP 6
CHP 7
CHP 8
CHP 9
CHP 10
CHP 11
CHP 12
CHP 13
CHP 14
CHP 15
CHP 16
CHP 17
CHP 18
CHP 19
CHP 20
CHP 21
CHP 22
CHP 23
CHP 24
CHP 25
CHP 26
CHP 27
CHP 28
CHP 29
CHP 30
CHP 31
CHP 32
CHP 33
CHP 34
CHP 35
CHP 36
CHP 37
CHP 38
CHP 39
CHP 41
CHP 42
CHP 43
CHP 44
CHP 45 [FINALE]
EPILOGUE

CHP 40

9K 528 357
By miniekins

Jimin has been laying still for the past five minutes, admiring Jeongguk's sleeping face. Each time his nose twitches, the blond lets out a small subdued giggle in hopes of not waking the policeman.

He reaches his hand out and brushes some of Jeongguk's hair out of his eyes, securing it behind his ear. He then props his head up on his palm, simply watching the brunette. Some people may find it creepy and maybe it is, but it's one thing in this world currently that he can find himself looking forward to. Waking up next to Jeongguk.

As Jimin is watching him fondly, the policeman's eyes open. He blinks a few times to adjust to the light and the second their longing gazes meet, they both smile.

"Good morning, handsome," Jimin says playfully as he reaches out to twirl a strand of Jeongguk's brown hair around his finger.

Jeongguk's smile is lazy and he's still half asleep, humming happily as he sinks his head further into the pillow. "How are you feeling?" he rasps.

A soft blush decorates Jimin's cheeks and he pulls on his bottom lip, recalling their lusty night. "I'm okay... thank you for always taking care of me afterwards..." he mumbles shyly.

Jeongguk opens his eyes and he chuckles fondly. "It's my duty to take care of you after we make love. It always is," he states while he reaches out, cupping the blond's cheek.

Jimin smiles and sinks into Jeongguk's warm palm. It isn't long before he lays down on the bed once again, curling into the policeman's side, resting his head on his chest.

"...Can I be honest with you and tell you something?" he asks quietly, running his forefinger along Jeongguk's abdomen.

Jeongguk nods his head. "Of course you can, Angel."

Jimin pulls on his bottom lip briefly, pondering thoughtfully before he decides to open his mouth. "...I don't... I don't think Haechan knows the man that shot him. I don't think he's been experimenting with drugs, either," he admits.

Jeongguk hums and runs his fingers through the man's blond hair. Jimin can hear the low sound as it vibrates against his ear.

"Why's that? Namjoon Hyung seemed pretty confident," the policeman points out.

Jimin scrunches his nose. He twists away from the man's side and lays on his belly, propping his front half up with his elbows. "...I would just know if he was. I don't really know how to explain it. But I know what he's like and how he's like. We got a lot closer over the past month. If there was a change in his behavior I would just... know, I guess," he explains rather dumbly, peering down at the covers.

Silence ensues and the blond frowns softly upon realizing the look of doubt on Jeongguk's face. He releases a bitter humph and sits up slowly, swinging his legs over the bed with crossed arms. "You don't trust me," he says monotonously.

Jeongguk lets out a small sigh and sits up, leaning against the headboard. He looks at the back of Jimin's messy head of hair. "It's not that I don't trust you. I'm just trying to consider all possibilities. Kai has been extremely quiet recently. We have no idea what his intentions are. Hell, he could be out of South Korea by this point for all we know," he brings up.

Jimin doesn't respond to him verbally and rather lowers his head, playing with his fingers. As much as he doesn't want to admit it, Jeongguk is right. It's smart to consider all possibilities and leave space open for new revelations but he can feel it in his gut that he's right. That Haechan has never taken drugs. It's just not like him to.

"Can we go get some breakfast?" the blond mutters quietly as he already stands to his feet. However his small hand is gripped and he's tugged back onto the bed, straight into the policeman's lap.

It hurts at first but the pain in his lower half dissipates as it's replaced by the shoothing gesture of fingers massaging deftly into his hips. His cheeks are brushed over with a dainty shell-pink as he looks into Jeongguk's boundless brown eyes, falling unarmed by the honey hue rings around his pupils.

"I'm sorry, Jimin... please don't be upset with me. I'm just getting tired. Just because I'm considering other possibilities doesn't mean I'm ruling yours out," Jeongguk reasons.

Jimin is sure he should have picked up the entirety of the brunette's statement but for some reason only one part of it has weaved so deep into his brain that it's the only thing he can currently think about.

However all he simply does is smile and soon that very smile of his is pecked by Jeongguk.

"You believe me, right?" Jeongguk asks.

Jimin looks into his eyes with temporary silence before he nods his head softly. "I do."

Jeongguk's hands then move to Jimin's face. He squishes his cheeks softly. "We're going to get through this. We're so close, Angel. I can feel it," he assures.

The blond is about to speak up until the sound of the front door opening and closing interrupts him. Jeongguk boops his nose and Jimin hums quietly.

"Let's go cook you up some breakfast. You need to fill your tummy with something yummy after last night," Jeongguk smiles.

Jimin pulls on his bottom lip leisurely and runs his forefinger down Jeongguk's still bare chest, soon looking him in his eyes. "And who's to say you're not the yummy thing that filled my tummy?" he mumbles with half-lidded eyes.

Jeongguk's jaw stiffens as his eyes loom with darkness. He curls his fingers around Jimin's wrist and pulls his hand away from his chest. "Don't test me right now. You need to eat and you need to get better," he intones, dragging his thumb down the blond's bottom lip.

Jimin pouts and crawls off of Jeongguk's lap, giggling softly. He can feel the way the policeman is staring at him as he throws on a different pair of cute underwear. He then slips some shorts on and dons himself in one of the brunette's large shirts, ruffling his hair.

He then turns around and just as he suspected, Jeongguk's doe eyes are traveling from his toes to his head. He scrunches his nose and toys with the hem of the large shirt, chewing daintily on his bottom lip.

"...We should get breakfast," Jimin mumbles shyly.

Jeongguk sniffs with merriment as he muses on the blond. "I'll clean up first and then meet you in the kitchen. I'm assuming you've already brushed your teeth?" he questions.

Jimin nods head in confirmation, swiping his tongue over his lips. "I'll meet you downstairs," he agrees quietly.

Jeongguk hums and stands from the bed, wearing nothing but a pair of Calvin Klein boxers. As he passes Jimin he runs a hand over the small of his back and disappears into the bathroom.

The moment Jimin is alone and the bedroom falls silent, so does his smile. His feelings of joy are genuine however there's an abrupt shift in atmosphere as the solitude sets in. There's this chronic sentiment of doubt as one of his main concerns throughout their developing relationship brings itself into light.

The idea of Jeongguk getting tired of him causes his stomach to turn and his complexion to fall ashen. It's likely he simply meant in general but the possibility that it could be much deeper than that becomes more prevalent of a thought and it's persistent, eating away at him. He sighs sadly and shakes his head, deciding to head downstairs.

Jimin reaches the kitchen and spots Namjoon emerging from one of the hallways. He has deep, dark bags under his sullen eyes. His hair is disheveled and his uniform is wrinkled to all hell, bent against his melanin skin. The blond doesn't believe he's ever seen him in such a bad state.

"Namjoon Hyung," he murmurs quietly, managing to capture the man's desolate gaze. "How are things? Taehyung and Haechan?"

Namjoon inhales sharply and an unstable exhale follows in suit. He runs one of his hands down his face, pulling on his bottom lip. "Haechan still has woken up yet. I just finished carrying Taehyung to our bedroom. He doesn't have enough energy to move himself," he explains flatly, drained of energy.

"...Isn't your bedroom upstairs?" Jimin questions and realizes that the question most likely comes off as insensitive. "...I'm sorry—"

"No, it's fine. Taehyung and I shared a bedroom downstairs before he moved out because he didn't like the stairs after a long day of work. I also want to give you and Jeongguk some privacy," Namjoon states heavily as he takes a seat at the dinner table, burying his face in his palms.

Jimin bites down on the inside of his cheek, feeling guilty. He takes a seat across from Namjoon and studies his exhausted entirety with empathy in his eyes, toying with his small fingers. "I see..." he mumbles.

The blond peers down at his lap, failing to realize that Namjoon is looking at him just the same. It's after some time that the silence becomes piercing and he can feel eyes on him. He looks up and feels as though his stature shrinks beneath Officer Kim's tired yet sturdy gaze. He is indeed a selfless man when those close to him are suffering - Taehyung just the same in that sense.

"Something in particular is bothering you right now," Namjoon mutters, senses keen.

Jimin exhales through his nose quietly. Lately he's been much more transparent than he'd prefer. Either that or those around him care far too much to let simple things pass them by. Or perhaps even both.

"It's nothing," Jimin dismisses, waving his small hand in the air. "I just need some food, I think," he replies.

Namjoon is about to press further for answers as he's tired of coming up empty handed. However the image of Jeongguk walking down the stairs has him stopping.

"Any updates, Hyung?" Jeongguk asks as he spots Namjoon sitting at the kitchen table alongside Jimin.

"Haechan still isn't awake. Taehyung is sleeping down the hall. That fucker hasn't said anything, either. God, I'm so fucking tired," Namjoon moans in bitter complaint.

Again, Jimin can feel those same words clouding his head. It's almost as if he's guzzled an intoxicating glass of guilt and now he's reeling from the inebriating outcome. And to make matters worse, his throat burns as he swallows back the need to weep silently. He blinks swiftly, mitigating the sheen layer struggling to embrace his eyes. Thankfully nobody notices.

"We all are. Even the men at the station. But we'll get him. I'm sure of it," Jeongguk says to boost the morale.

Eventually Namjoon and Jeongguk are in the heart of the kitchen, preparing breakfast. Jimin's head is on full spin as he tries his best to force the negative thoughts to the side. But he just can't seem to. And as he sees both policemen by the sink, exchanging smiles, that's when his heart feels the heaviest.

He wonders what their lives would be like without him. Maybe filled with more happiness and love. He scrunches his nose and quietly stands from the table, glad neither of them notice him make his leave. He then sneaks through the back door which isn't too far, closing it behind him. He just needs a breath of fresh air. This is as far as he'll go.

He leans his arms against the banister, allowing his eyes to fall closed as the gentle breeze rummages through his hair, shifting his golden locks. He wishes it were strong enough to carry his thoughts with it. Simply away.

He's tapping his fingertips against the wood when he picks up on something rather interesting in the distance. Faintly, it sounds like a small child crying. His heart clenches and as he teaches teenagers at school, it happens to hit him much harder.

Jimin exhales quietly and stands up straight, shifting his footing. He ambles toward the small staircase and his fingers tremble along the banister as he places one foot down on the first step. He's about to take another when he's held in place by strong arms wrapping securely around his waist.

"Jimin, what are you doing?" Jeongguk asks hurriedly into his ear.

The blond twists slowly in the man's embrace, meeting his worry stricken eyes. "There's a kid crying," he replies flatly.

The policeman peers up, evidently listening in. "What do you mean? There's nothing there. Come back inside and eat some breakfast, okay? You can't take off like that without letting one of us know, Angel," Jeongguk scolds lightly.

And now that Jimin stops to listen once again, he realizes that the sound is gone. He must be losing his mind. He nods his head softly and allows Jeongguk to lead him back into the house.

Jimin peers over his shoulder briefly and feels as though he sees someone's head.

But as he looks back once again to confirm his suspicions, the figure is gone.

(A/N): I think maybe 2-3 chapter left?? I think???

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

719K 31.7K 45
"ㅡ it sucks when you can't live up to people's expectations."[✓] Park Jiyeon (you) hate boys and one of which happens to be Jeon jungkook, your bigge...
102K 3.2K 20
In a story, where Jimin and Jungkook live together and Jimin starts developing feelings for his fellow housemate. But Jungkook doesn't seem to notice...
2.4M 86.3K 51
miss second place is clearly second place when it comes to realizing that her childhood "rival" has been in love with her this entire time. ✱ inspire...
780K 31.2K 35
Before, it was always Taehyung wanting Jungkook's attention, but when he found out about Jungkook having a relationship with his Jimin hyung everythi...