HOT AND COLD (SNAPEXREADER)

By The_Black_Spy

A love/hate relationship between Snape and Y/N. But can you really trust what you read? [EDITING 03/23/23] More

1: Very Odd
2: Family Businesses
3: First meeting
4: Potions? Yuck.
5: Detention
6: Draught of Living Death
7: D'Dark figure
8: The Quidditch
9: The Philosophers Stone
10: Diary
11: Lockhart
12: A Gut
13: Obliviate
14: Scenario
15: Flipped
16: Beautiful Thing
17: Yellow Light
18: The Girl
19: Family Traditions
20: The Unexpected
21: Janus Thickey Ward
22: Bladder
23: Black
24: Boggart
25: 394
26: Obnubilate Figure
27: Scabbers
28: Mysterious Book
29: Hogsmeade
30: Truth and the Lie
31: Quidditch World Cup
32: Trelawney's word
33: The Age Line
34: Letter of Smith
35: Y/N Astor
37: The Unbreakable Vow
38: The Order Of The Phoenix
39: Wish Lists
40: Love, Y/N S.
41: The Epilogue
1: Very Odd [REVISED]
2: Family Businesses [REVISED]
3: First Meeting [REVISED]
4: Potions? Yuck. [REVISED]
5: Detention [REVISED]
6: Draught of Living Death [REVISED]
7: D'Dark figure [REVISED]
8: The Quidditch [REVISED]
9: The Philosophers Stone [REVISED]
10: Diary [REVISED]

36: Swear to me

3.2K 99 38
By The_Black_Spy

AUTHOR'S POV:

"Harry. We won't understand anything if you don't calm down." Sirius Black pulled on his hair annoyingly.

Dumbledore look at Black with a gaze of 'Calm down. It won't work if you yelled at him like that'.

Just in time, Snape came in and brought a calming draught for his most despised student who's still shivering even though he have drank an amountful of the potion on that day.

Potter, who is still sobbing, take hold of the draught with his trembling hand and quickly gulped it in one go.

"W-When me and C-Cedric reached the goblet... We noticed her on the ground... She's unconscious so we decided to grab her and go to the goblet together... And then it happened so quickly and I-I... I watched Y/N... She were restrained with many snakes around her body... She's still unconscious and I have no choice but to leave her." Black decided to embrace his godson who is very strong to experience such thing.

"I-It's my fault... I couldn't save anyone... It's my fault." Snape fist wobbled at his side as he decided to leave the room. Dumbledore followed him.

"Severus..."

"What? You're going to stop me again Dumbledore?! Whose fault is it now that you entrusted her with that old fool!? What is it this time? Wait for her to perish?! Is that it? Because the last time I trusted you to protect her everything went down!" Snape whispered shout, spits hangin at the side of his mouth.

"Don't tell me that we're going to have 'this' talk once again Severus..."

"No. No no no. I am not going to have that look Dumbledore. She-" Snape's obsidian black eyes is filled with tears.

"A-Albus..." His deep voice croaked like a dog in pain.

"Yes Severus. You know very well what she wanted. She don't want you lingering around with Voldemort and risk your life as you cease to nothing. Do you think she will handle seeing you breathing no more because of her?" Somehow, Snape's heart is slowly believing 'this' man's words once again.

The old man tap the Potions Master's back, comforting him. "Y/N is a very strong woman Severus. Don't forget that she and Moody are the one who's filling Azkaban with Death Eaters. She won't easily give in. For now, until the time has come... Until Voldemort himself decided to wish your presence, do not do anything reckless." The headmaster went back to check the Potter boy.

Snape fist clutched his side very tight and he took his step towards his chamber in disdain.

***

"I can't believe you BFF/N."

"Look, I've got no choice Y/N..." L/N sigh heavily.

"I'm done for. You really told them all about how I fancy Professor Sn- Damn." Her eyeballs roll back into her head for the nth time.

'What if they uses him as my weakness? Shite.' She thought as she bite her lips.

"What else did you spilled?"

"Look. I'm really sorry okay? I really am. But I've got no choice! I-I... I missed my parents and I love them." L/N hands swiftly clutch into her hair and she embraced Smith, tapping her back delicately.

"I'm sorry BFF/N... I got upset so easily... I'm sorry." Smith is still sobbing when she heard some murmuring outside the room.

"Isn't it weird?" Smith wiped her tears away as she listen very closely on the vague conversation outside.

"What's weird?"

"I mean, until the day we got locked up here... We never heard a single noise from outside. They are up to something." Smith quietly explained.

L/N's heart stopped a beat, her world is slowly falling apart.

"T-They got Snape-I-I-" Smith went to stop her from going out but Y/N's too powerful and she got thrown into the ground.

"Y/N! Please stop!"

L/N uses her hands to open the locked door. Her own magic worked and the door burst open, revealing some death eaters on standby.

They pointed their wands at her immediately until Wormtail got out of the main room as he smile creepily at Y/N Astor.

"Our lord wanted to see you. Come."

Y/N gritted her teeth as she followed the almost bald man inside a dark large room. It's very cold inside and it resembles no life.

"Y/N Astor." Voldemort greeted wickedly, not paying her any attention as his ruthless red eyes are rooted on the familiar man, kneeling on the ground with his head tilted down.

L/N didn't expected that seeing him would affect her memories so much.

There's a scene that suddenly flashed into her mind. Two teenagers laying down on the grass in a calm afternoon.

"You don't have to. Why do you do this?" Y/N glared at the black haired boy beside her.

"Once again Sev. If I ever heard you complaining about me giving you some muggle literatures... I'm gonna cut your head off." Then Severus pretended to be frightened when suddenly she kept yelling at him to stop.

"Sev! Stop it! Stop tickling me for merlinsake!"

The scene slowly faded into her mind as she slowly get near him. Her knees buckled as she felt like experiencing Deja Vu. "P-Professor..." It seems like there's something stucked into her throat.

Voldemort laugh. "Severus. Welcome our dear guest." Snape obediently bow his head and do the same thing infront of L/N.

Y/N gritted her teeth and glared at him and Voldemort.

"Why are you here?" L/N asked strongly but Snape just remained silent.

"Tsk tsk. Severus will not answer you Astor. Not until I gave him the order to do so. Am I correct Severus?" The look on Voldemort's face is so evil. By just looking at his not-so-human-face is making L/N stomach shake in anger.

"Don't call me Astor. Professor come on now. Let's get out of here." L/N winced in disdain and she proceeded to grab his hand but he pulled his hands away from her. Voldemort mockingly snorted.

"Astor. Don't waste your energy. Now listen. I have an offer and I will make it very brief as I am not a very patient person." L/N can see on her peripheral vision that Snape is shooking his head slightly, telling her to drop the offer down.

"Join me." Voldemort's finger clicked on the chair's arms.

"I would never-" just that, Snape collapsed on the ground as he yell in excruciating pain. Snape look like he isn't hurting, except his dark black orbs that is directly staring at L/N, begging her to just go. His body felt like burning as if he is bathing with hot boiling water.

"Stop it! Stop!" Y/N went to reach for him but he just look at her, smiling slightly that only she can notice. Tears started to fall from her eyes, she is sobbing so much that she cannot talk anymore. L/N couldn't bear listening to Snape's agony.

She lifted her hand to attack Voldemort but Snape stop her with all of his remaining power.

"I'm being generous Astor so I will stop for now." Voldemort put down his wand.

She immediately aid Snape who's too weak to even breathe. "See? If you continue to deny me... I will hurt everyone around you or I might kill them in other occasion if I desire to do so." a moment of silence passed the room when Voldemort decided to speak.

"It's very simple so why can't you understand me?!" Voldemort bolted up from his seat and lifted L/N on the air as he pushed her roughly on the wall. She yelped at the violent contact and grunted.

"Join me and everyone you love will be fine. This is your fate Y/N. I've got your parents permission long ago so why can't you just cooperate?" The noseless man gritted his teeth together.

"I-I... I-I will never-" Voldemort hands cupped her face in frustration.

"Alright then. I might have to kill one of the servant I once adored."

Voldemort dropped L/N on the ground. He get a hold of his wand and aim it at Snape who's weakly lying on the floor.

"NO! STOP! FINE! I'LL JOIN YOU JUST DON'T HURT HIM PLEASE!"

Voldemort ears wavered and his lips slowly crept into a not so pleasant smile. He is looking coldly at unconscious Snape on the ground.

"I-I... I will listen just please don't hurt him. I am begging you..." Y/N reached into Voldemort's feet, crying.

The dark lord slowly lend his hand infront of L/N. "Join me."

Y/N who's still sobbing hesitatingly lock her hands with Voldemort. She shivered at the contact and can feel her energy slowly evaporating. A bright yellowish light is being emitted between them.

***

THE NIGHT OF THE YULE BALL:

"I-Is this really okay?" L/N asked. Her eyes travelled from Snape to their surroundings.

The potion master softly chuckled at the innocence of the girl.

'She never change' He thought.

The stern man gently wrap his hand on her waist and to her hand. L/N can't seem to look at her Professor straight in the eyes. Her heart is beating so fast and she thought she'll gonna have a cardiac arrest.

"Are you alright?" Snape whispered into her ears. L/N closed her eyes at the contact.

"Y-Yes... Err-" The potion master smirked at her loss of words.

'Don't worry Y/N... I'll make sure to bring you back. I'm almost done with the potion... You'll be back to your original self.'

Snape decided to smile a little at her. They danced quietly as the song come to its end.

"Where are we going? Prof-"

L/N got dangled by the bat as they arrived at the astronomical tower.

Snape can see in her eyes that she loves the scenery but it isn't enough. He wanted to hear it from her.

"This place exists?! No way in Merlin's underpants!" Y/N eyes is bulging out of her eye socket as it wonder arounds. It is so magical and so pretty.

But then, her heart aches because of unknown reasons. She quietly clutch on her chest, losing her breath as the second passes by.

The Potion Master can't help to muster up a smile remembering his old memories. When he look back at the girl his black orbs went wide.

"L/N! What's happening? Y/N!"

"N-Nothing Professor- I-"

"Of course it is nothing to you but it's the opposite for me." His manly hands went to palm her forehead but nothing is wrong.

"Calm down. I'm fine now see?" Y/N breathe in and out and smiled at him.

Snape black eyes reached the back of his head and a heavy sigh can be heard at the moment.

He felt a pair of hands wrapping around his waist, beneath his cloak. He frozed and didn't know what to do.

"Are you mad at me for worrying you? I'm sorry. I won't let that happen again. I promise so you must swear to me that you wouldn't do anything just to protect me."

Snape hands wrapped around her small figure. "Of course I will do anything-"

"Severus... Swear to me." L/N stated seriously. She look up to meet his unsure black eyes.

It felt really odd to hear her call him his name after a decade.

Snape find himself unable to answer her. 'What is she thinking now?'

'Why can't I read her?'

"Severus... " Snape couldn't bear to look at those eyes anymore so he altered his gaze to other direction.

L/N broke the embrace. "Promise me or I'll leave immediately out of your life." She threatened.

"Do you really think it is necessary?" Snape pressed on, still looking at somewhere else.

"Answer me."

"Shall we get back now-"

"I am not kidding around. Severus, once again and lastly... Swear it to me." This time, Snape dare to look at her straight in her E/C eyes.

"What if I disagree?" He quietly gritted his teeth and pursed his lips at her determination.

"Then I won't bother you anymore."

"You cannot do that-"

"Do you think I couldn't? Shall we see?" Her voice sounded very dangerous. Snape felt threatened at this. Yes, he believes her words but he cannot just let anything happen to her.

"Alright. Fine." L/N breathe out the breath she's keeping. "Thank you!" she embrace him once again.

***

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Happy New Year guys! Thank you so much for reading my story (/ω\) I love you all! ( ̄3 ̄)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 145 31
Y/N is a shy, and brilliant student of Hogwarts, but she is hiding a huge secret from all who think they know her She is told to keep her eye on a ce...
1.8K 116 18
In this story, (Y/n) has been an Astronomy Professor for 2 years. She has also been dating the one and only Professor Snape since the beginning of he...
301K 7.5K 101
Its your 6th year at Hogwarts and being a silent Slytherin isn't the best combination, you kept your head down and attempted to go under the radar, t...
62.4K 5K 62
❝ he and i are closer than friends, we are enemies linked together, the same sin binds us ❞ | in which lilium snape is bound to harry potter by fate...