Lacking Humanity|Crescent Moon

Galing kay NerdyxWitch

[COMPLETED] BOOK ONE of the LACKING HUMANITY SERIES * * * In a cold and damped cell lies a young she-wolf who... Higit pa

-Author'sNote-
-Important Details-
-Prologue-
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
-New Moon-
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
-Waxing Crescent-
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
-First Quarter-
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
-Waxing Gibbous-
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Three
-Full Moon-
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
-Waning Gibbous-
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
-Third Quarter-
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
-Waning Crescent-
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Lacking Humanity: Book Two
-Deleted Scenes-
Deleted Scene #1

Chapter Thirty-Two

3.1K 116 4
Galing kay NerdyxWitch

* * *

 Sage favored fall the most, perhaps better than spring. But what the Elwoods were most excited for, was the incoming weather of winter. And that meant Sage's first snowstorm.

Unfortunately for them, the Alpha and Luna's house was days away from being set. It was simply the schedule of Sage and Remus that delayed the moving in day, and although Sage claimed she understood, it was clear she didn't.

One of Remus' requests in the remodeling of the house, was that Sage would get her own room. Jade's suggestion had provided his mate to have a well-rounded push in the right direction, and her speech was indeed getting better.

She has been in Crescent Moon for six months, hitting the halfway mark in November. And Remus was counting down the days for when the twenty-first would come.

As of right now, Camilla was aiding Sage in packing her room away at the house, and unfortunately it wouldn't set until they moved in. 

But today was the day to give her a proper tour.

Sage knew that he had a surprise, and meeting her halfway from the walk home did indeed catch her attention.

"Hey munchkin, you ready for the surprise?" A curious smile rallied, and it was enough clause for Remus to reach out for her hand in offering. Which she gladly accepted.

"How was class?" It was a common ground indeed, he would ask how school is. She would ask how work is, and then they'd run around the likes of their pack like pups.

"Painting woods and—Sun—Sunset." She corrected herself, and it earned her a kiss to her crown as they continued to walk past the Pack house.

"Maybe you can paint me one day." He joked, and she already grinned widely up to him. 

"I draw your wolf. At home." What she said had tugged at him in two different directs, he was pleased that she was what he was drawing, and his wolf indeed rumbled in pleasure.

But then the idea of home.

Her room was almost empty, and she was slightly uncomfortable at how lacking it was already. But the Omegas were working tirelessly, almost like this was their gift to the almost mated couple. And Camilla did indeed come and put her own touch to the style, as it was usually the she-wolves who did it.

And he didn't want to say that Sage didn't have style, but that was just another stress on her.

"Remember how I said our house is almost done? We can move in on Friday." He watched her face contort and a huff in damnation. 

"Yeah I know I've said it a lot, but that's what we're doing. I want to show you it, and your bedroom is going to be like the one with the Elwoods...This is going to be our home." She blinked for a moment and then understanding relished through.

"Den." 

"Yeah like that, our own house—den." She fondly hugged his arm as they were coming into view of the house. And he smiled, this was the first time he visited at the beginning stages when the walls were stripped and being knocked down.

"The she-wolves said that they planted flowers all around the house and started the garden. After winter and in the spring, maybe you'd like taking care of them and draw them when they're in bloom." She definitely understood that, and he smiled in victory at the plans, and she looked entirely excited. Especially when going up the steps and she took a gentle gaze to and fro.

"If you want to add anything munchkin you can, and Camilla already said that it'll be good that everything is out in the open." The house, after one glance, did not live up to his mother in law's interests. She didn't want Sage to be enclosed by walls unless it was her bedroom, and he found himself agreeing instantly.

Walking into the living room, he traded style for comfort. But there were a few pieces that were beautiful hardwood like pieces scattered around, the boxes might look cluttered. But he needed to go through them with the next few days.

"We can start having movie nights, Caleb said you like them." It was true, she adored the moving pictures and even better is that it was telling a story.

As they continued through the house, he was highly impressed with all that was done. Rooms like the dining room and the kitchen were all put away, usually Luna's and Alpha's would have a cook as they were far too busy in running the pack for those types of tasks. But then again, he didn't know how to cook. And Sage was still getting used to the idea of using proper utensils and eating three times a day properly.

He didn't have any plans for the basement yet, perhaps an at-home gym? There was no set idea just yet. But when he started to lead her upstairs he smirked.

"This is going to be our room, the bathroom was redone. Camilla said you like baths more than showers?" 

"Showers okay." Her tone told more than her words, the underground had ruined her version of peaceful showers, and if any comfort would be given to his mate. He was going to get the best damn tub to secure her from feeling any recurring memories.

Their bedroom was almost done, but what he was truly excited for was Sage's room. He opened the door and allowed her in, already a large desk was prepared for her. A canvas and art supplies were all stored away at the ready.

And the smile was worth it all, especially when she spun around the room and giggled.

However she managed to express her emotion in such a unique way that he fought his wolf from taking over, his wolf wanted to prance around with her. Spring on his back legs and yelp into the air, goddess was he such a puppy around her.

Sage had recognized a folder and opened the contents to find the picture in question, and holding it up did he find his jaw-dropping. He'd have to send this to Jade, goodness had she improved from the flowers to catching him as a lively figure.

"Not at home." 

"This is home now, and this is where you can do your homework in and draw in. The other room is for us." She remained silent, but by her lack of staring, he knew she understood what he was saying.

"We can frame it in the dining room, I think it'd look perfect." He continued to comment on a few things, the small bed that added a sort of guest room vide if her brothers or friends wanted to come. Remus made it clear that if she wanted friends over she could, but it was never Sage to make plans as she didn't understand what that entailed.

The house was similar to the Elwoods. And truthfully all the ones featured in the pack. The cabin like setup always aided for the harsh winters, another surprise for this coming few weeks.

"My office is going to be right here, what did I say about knocking?" She looked up to him in confusion, her mother always told her to knock before entering a room and so he smirked.

"You don't have to knock for me munchkin, you come right on in." 

"No knock." She repeated, smiling as it was similar to the office off at the packhouse. But he would need a place to work at home come time when he wanted to return home or get some things done in the privacy with Sage.

"This used to be my room until I moved out of the packhouse, there's a few extra bedrooms. They're for our pups in the future." The idea of pups warmed her heart, and she indeed purred in satisfaction at the idea. Flashes of Jade's swelling tummy and catching her pregnancy rang through, and it caused Remus to wrap his arms around his mate and place his head right in the crook by her neck.

"We'll have our own pup like Jade and Harlow soon, do you like the house?" 

"Pretty." He chuckled, giving her a solid kiss to her cheek, but he hovered...Perhaps a bit of teasing was in order?

His lips touched her lower before finally, she hitched her shoulder in the temptation to his kisses. "My neck." 

"I know munchkin, but it'll be mine for right now." A joyous smile rallied, not what he expected. Though he must've hit the nerve between her and her wolf. "Mine."

"Yes?" She questioned, almost as though he spoke her name, and it had his wolf rumble with agreement. Gods he had to stop before he couldn't handle the proximity, reigning in his wolf did he kiss her one last time before pulling away.

Noting the small whine and a paired pout.

"Sleeping at packhouse?" 

"Afraid not hun, you have class tomorrow and I'll be late. When we live here it'll be easier, I promise." She bobbed her head back and forth lightly, there were still a few times she stopped in the hallway and took a long sniff of the air, with the amount of wolves that have been in and out to paint and move things...He wasn't surprised that her nose was acting on it's own will.

When returning her to the Elwood house, Camilla babbled long and hard on the house. She was acting just the same had one of her son's found their own mate, it was a mother's duty in that regard. And since Remus' parents were long deceased, it was all up to her.

Yet it didn't stop the constant glare of cation that he'd receive from her brothers, until it Sage snarled in the direction of Luke and Liam. Which earned a rightful laugh from both Leo and Camilla.

"Looks like Sage is really warming up to the Alpha, my bad Sagey." She stuck out her tongue, and thus Remus had to leave with the sibling banter up and around the lot of them.

Part of him was a bit jealous that he hadn't had an upbringing like the Elwood boys, but he didn't fault Sage for enjoying herself without him. After years of solitude, he wanted her to feel free, and when Liam and Luke questioned if they could take her for a night run. He agreed within seconds.

McKenzie shared that the longer that they waited in securing a mark on Sage's neck, the more anxious and on edge her wolf would become. There were many stories of males shunning their fated mates, leaving she-wolves going slowly insane as well as males not being able to mark.

It was the Moon Goddess' way to enforce two couples to come together, but either Sage and Remus were starting to feel the utter call of Selene herself.

She understood Remus' reservation in waiting, and Sage was still learning how to be herself before taking on the addition of a bond with another wolf.

And it wasn't just any wolf.

However, when the day finally came for the new couple to move in with one another, Remus threw a party. As it was the perfect time to introduce other members of the pack within a more intimate setting, especially if he was considering between two males for the position of Gamma.
Sage looked beautiful tonight, she spoke more today than she had in a normal week. 

And by the end of the night, she was readily exhausted. Minding herself on the couch and curled up with Casey as he was a few minutes from a nap as well.

"Hey, what'd I say about pushing through when you're tired?" Luke questioned the angry she-wolf who was currently giving him a stink eye, but he did deserve it after plopping down beside her.

"School hard." 

"But look at you, talking?... Such a different wolf from the welcome ceremony and definitely from when I first met you." She smiled, but she still found comfort in leaning into the pillow. "What'd you do today?" 

"Math test." He groaned, remembering kindly that he could recall how stressful and tiring it was to go through.

"Alright, maybe you have an excuse. But no falling asleep on me." She stuck out her tongue in his direction and it caused him to make a grab for it.

"Warned you hun, I'm gonna get your tongue the next time." Hiding behind a solo cup did she take a hefty sip, only to perk his interest to know what she's drinking.

"Ice tea. No beer—Not beer." She corrected herself, and he chuckled as she knew that he was concerned for her mind? It was an odd concept what the idea was with beer, but it didn't taste good and Remus always pushed it to the reason that she disliked the taste.

"Figured. How's art class?" She grinned, sharing half sentences to her brother who had a very smug grin on his face. Suddenly her energy returned as she sparked up.

Remus was enjoying himself as well, when was the last time he was able to take a break and relax like this? Better yet, he'll be able to go upstairs with his mate to their bedroom.

The time came sooner than he realized, and he held Sage under his arm to hold her close while seeing everyone to the door. He did have to hold her back from cleaning, the minimalistic and cleanly side of his mate.

"Tomorrow hun, almost lost you to a nap before." She hummed, fighting herself from closing her eyes and trailed behind Remus as he led them to their bedroom.

Their entwined scent lingered on the bedsheets as it was the same from the Pack House.

"Is it bedtime?" Evelyn had taught Sage the fragments of sentences, for a question to start with certain words, and she pieced them together beautifully. But there was still a strain in her voice and a tilt to her head.

Guess she couldn't take the wolf remains out of the conversation for long.

"Yup, do you want to sleep in your room? You could if you want Sage. You don't have to sleep with me." He wanted it to be an option, they weren't mated yet so there was no real reason she actually should sleep with him other than the—

"I sleep with you." His wolf had done a complete three-sixty on his mate, taking her words completely out of the context and settling to ravish her in bed.

To mark and mate.

Pushing through the distance between the two, was Sage simply looking for a change of clothes before getting underdressed. However she stopped as soon as his hand redirected her chin to meet him up for a kiss.
Confusion laced each and every second, until Sage melted with him. Her hands touching the fine lines of his waist to hold tighter, the she-wolf hadn't felt like this since the day Remus persuaded her to shift in the tall grass.

Whatever scent his wolf was sharing caused her to lull back into her head, her wolf seemingly taking over.

Once she had the reigns, her grip tightened around him. Causing Remus to groan just a bit before lifting her up, her dress hiding the fragments of what is happening just underneath the cloth as she parted her legs to hold onto him further.

However they had managed, she was pinned under his form and fighting for a breath every other attempt he had in an attack her lips. 

Sweet goddess was she crumbling to his will.

Her whines were genuine, her wolf pleading with his to take it further. And the itch to his canines was causing him to lose the ability to stop.

It wasn't her wolf calling to his that caused his eyes to turn onyx, it was the scent of her arousal in between those beautiful thighs that caused him to groan in frustration.

How could he mate with someone who didn't know how this would work? 

He couldn't do that to her, after everything has just happened to her. Remus wanted her prepared, and the clear betrayal of her body as she shifted uncomfortably beneath him indeed told him enough.

Soaking up her emotions lowered the horny wolf deep within him, all allowing him to pull away from his beautiful mate before him.

"Remmy?" She whispered, her voice just above a whisper and surely out of breath after what just happened. But he couldn't possibly imagine how she felt as a whole, considering all they had done prior to this moment were chaste kisses and a few teasing ones to the neck.

Nothing to this extent.

"Give me a sec." He replied, his jaw tensing as she was gazing upon his figure with the same hunger from moments ago. Having said that he moved to the end of the bed and hiding away to control his breathing and temper.

Sage blinked strangely towards him, having been caught off guard by his behavior. She ate up the confusion lingering in his mind, and set out to be of some comfort with a hand reaching over.

But his wolf snapped.

"No." Her mouth parted at his anger, her eyes turning dilated as the tears began to flow. Her inner wolf feeling the instant shot of denial, causing her hands to shake as her heart shattered.

Though Sage hadn't understood what he was denying her of, her beast knew very well what was on the horizon had the two remained they were.

Remus had started to regain control, however he hadn't known what was happening to the side of him. His little mate didn't understand what the idea the entirety of what could've happened.

Sex. She didn't know what sex fully meant.

However, it was the silence on her end that threw him for a struggling sigh. "Sage, I didn't mean to make you upset...I just—" She didn't want an excuse or an explanation, so when he attempted to reach, he received the same reaction.

Only to see she moved to the end of the bed and tried to leave the bedroom.

But he stopped her, he had to, and although she fought against his wrapped arms, she soon turned still and ridge and refused any of his attempts.

"You're not in your right mind Sage, munchkin listen to me...Your neck is yours until you're ready. And you're not ready." Was this what McKenzie was warning him about? 

The battle between herself and her wolf?

Goddess, did it rip him apart as she was crying over his denial, that his control made her suffer even further.

"I love you, I'm sorry...I promise that when the times comes, you won't be sleeping at all." He growled, his pledge soothing over his little she-wolf and purring as though to make amends, but that didn't stop Sage from crying.

"No neck." A strange way to say her feelings, but he surely understood what she was getting at. 

"That's not how it works Sage, if we do mate...Your neck is mine." She huffed, perhaps the time for it would be coming soon?

He could only hope.

______

Date: 11-28-2020

Time: 10:10

Words: 3245

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

141K 2.9K 43
There is a great mystery surrounding a lone she-wolf who wanders the northern mountain on the outskirts of Griffin pack territory. No one knows where...
806K 34.4K 54
**In the process of being edited** Some wolves are born rogues but still maintain their human side while others are made into rogues, they lose all h...
1M 42.7K 33
-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From what? Nothing in particular...at least no...
3M 106K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...