Dragon Age: RWBY (Discontinue...

By Hydra1996

Arion Lavellan failed to stop Solas from his plans, but instead to kill him like the rest of the world, he se... More

Bio
Prologue
Chapter 1: Awakening (Volume 2: Best day ever)
Decisions
Bio: Elise Trevelyan
Volume 2: Welcome in Beacon
Volume 2 (A minor hiccup & painting the town...)
Volume 2 (Extracuricullar)
Volume 2 (Burning candle and Dance Dance infiltration)
Volume 2 (Field Trip & Search and destroy)
Volume 2 (Mountain Glenn-Breach)
Volume 3 (Meeting a dusty old crow)
Volume 3 (A bit rest and a shocking truth)
Volume 3 (PvP and the wrath of a dragon)
Volume 3 (End of the Beginning)
Not update!
Volume 4 (The next step)
Volume 4 (Remembrance)
Volume 4 (Family)
Volume 4 (Tipping Point)
Volume 4 (Punished)
Volume 4 (A much needed talk)
Volume 4 (Take the road)
Volume 4 (No safe Haven)
Volume 5 (Welcome to Haven)
Volume 5 (Explanation and training)
Volume 5 (Reunion, Rest and Resolution)
Volume 5 (The More the Merrier)
Volume 5 (The fight between two Maidens)
Volume 5 (Haven's fate)
Not Update 2
(Volume 6) Argus Limited
Volume 6 (Uncovered)
Volume 6 (The Lost Fable)
Volume 6 (So that's how it is)
Volume 6 (The coming storm)
Volume 6 (Alone in the woods)
Volume 6 (The Grimm Reaper)
Volume 6 (Dead End)
Volume 6 (Lost)
Volume 6 (Stealing from the Elderly)
Volume 6 (Episode 11 and 12)
Volume 6 (Our way)
Volume 7 (The Greatest Kingdom)
Anouncement (Discontinue)

Volume 7 (A New Approach)

43 0 0
By Hydra1996

Ruby gazed out the window of the police airship as it flew over Mantle, then turnsed and looked at her friends. Nora chewed at the bolas restraining her wrists, while everyone else sat silently, the only sounds being Nora's growling and the muffled chattering of the guards piloting the ship.

Ruby: Where do you think they're taking us?

Qrow: I'm gonna go with jail.

Jaune: I still can't believe that fishing pole guy took us out like it was nothing.

Weiss: Welcome to Atlas. Those were Ironwood's Ace Operatives.

Arion: Oh, great.

An unfamiliar man sat with the group finally spoke up.

???: Hmm? You guys had a run-in with the Ace-Ops? Ironwood must really have a bone to pick with you.

Weiss: *rolls her eyes* They're not that big of a deal.

???: Not that big of a deal!? The Ace-Ops are the elite-of-elite military Huntsmen and Ironwood's personal attack dogs.

Nora: *stops chewing her bindings* So they got you too, huh?

???: Pfft! I wouldn't let myself get caught by them. I'm here because I've been speaking out against Atlas' exploitation of Mantle, and General Ironwood is trying to silence me.

The pilot who heard the conversation looked from behind.

Pilot: You threw a brick at her ship!

???: *proudly* It's worth it if it gets people talking about our cause!

The pilot sighed in annoyance and looking forward.

Blake Belladonna: "Our cause"?

???: Yes, the fight for better conditions in Mantle! Lead by the charismatic, talented, lovely Robyn Hill and her Happy Huntresses!

The main pilot pressed a button, causing the window between the cab and the back of the ship to begin slowly closing. The man noticed this, stood up and began frantically shouting to the window so the guards heard him. He even hopped in the place like crazy.

???: They were all top Atlas Academy graduates, who could've signed up for the military, but Robyn and the Huntresses chose to stay in Mantle. She's gunning for a seat on the Kingdom's council, and when she gets it, she's gonna put an end to Ironwood's tyranny!

Oscar Pine: Happy... Huntresses?

Yang Xiao Long: Is that their real name?

Weiss: Don't you think "tyranny's" a little dramatic?

Forest turned around to respond and looked surprised upon realizing who had just spoken.

Forest: Easy to say for a Schnee heiress, living comfortably up in Atlas.

Weiss: *sighs sadly* Not anymore.

The airship finally made it up to the City of Atlas, and Ruby looked out at the city in awe, while Nora was once again chewing her restraints.

Arion: Give it up, Nora. Your teeth aren't strong enough.

Nora: *chewing* No! I'm not givin'... up! 

Arion just sighed in defeat.

Ruby: Whoa, it's gorgeous up here!

Ruby's comment caused Jaune, Arion and Nora (who finally stopped chewing) to leave their seats and looked out the window with her.

Weiss: Don't let that fool you.

???: *looks at Weiss confused* Hm?

The man stood from his seat and looked outside. What he saw, confused him.

???: This isn't the police station.

Qrow: It's... Atlas Academy.

The ship docked on a landing pad in front of Atlas Academy and was met by a pair of guards, who opened the ship's rear double doors to let RWBY, JNR, Arion, Oscar and Qrow exit. Ruby gazed up at the towering academy while more guards line up along the path leading to the building.

Ruby: I guess we will be seeing the General. For better or worse.

Arion: We'll see when we're inside. I wonder if we can see Nightingale... I must know if she's really the same woman I know.

The group headed up to the school while the man watched in confusion and curiosity from the airship.

Ren: So, what do we do?

The group found themselves riding a rising elevator inside the academy with their wrists still restrained, accompanied by guards.

Ruby: I don't know yet. But we should be careful with what we say.

Blake: We'll follow your lead, Ruby.

Ruby smiled but then started to look worried again. The elevator beeped as it arrived at its destination, and the guards escorted the group out into a hallway and down a flight of stairs. They arrived in a room just as Ironwood walked through, speaking to someone else.

Ironwood: I swear if I have to sit through one more council meeting like that...

He turned toward a small flight of stairs on his way to his office, accompanied by Winter, Penny and a hooded woman. Penny noticed the group and stopped with a gasp in excitement.

Penny: Yay, you're here!

Her celebratory greeting catched Ironwood, Winter and the woman's attention, causing them to stop and look. Weiss stepped out from behind Ruby and approached them.

Weiss: Winter.

Winter gasps lightly in surprise, and the sisters' reunion were quickly interrupted by Nora leaning in and holding up her bound wrists, grinning and waving her fingers.

Nora: Anyone wanna give us a hand with these?

Winter took a moment to collect herself, returned to her usual stern demeanor and addressed the guards.

Winter: You have ten seconds to take those off before I start hurting you.

Guards: *looking at each other in confusion* Huh?

Finally understanding the situation, the guards frantically began removing the bolases from everyone's arms with saying excuses, while Ironwood watched with a smile. The bolases fell to the floor, gaving off a purple glow and retracting the ropes before emitting a beep noise.

Ironwood: Please, come in.

The group followed Ironwood, Winter, the woman and Penny into Ironwood's office.

Ironwood: It is so good to see all of you.

Yang: *massaging her wrist* Our reception didn't really convey that.

Ironwood: *sighs* I sincerely regret how you were treated by my team.

Qrow rolled his eyes with a small huff. Ironwood walked behind his desk to sit down, and Penny and Winter took positions standing at either side of the desk. The woman leaned against a wall, arms crossed.

Ironwood: When a rogue airship entered our airspace, it raised some... red flags. We assumed the ship was stolen.

Ruby: Stolen?

Ruby laughed awkwardly with rubbing her head.

Ruby: Okay, yeah, it was stolen.

Ironwood's eyes widened in surprise. He then smiled, and his shoulders moved a tiny bit with a silent chuckle. Winter, meanwhile, found no humor in the situation and began scolding Weiss.

Winter: You stole an Atlas airship?

Weiss watched with a frown as Winter approached her.

Winter: What were you thinking!? You might've been shot down! How unbelievably irresponsib--

Weiss surprised and interrupted Winter by hugging her.

Weiss: I'm sorry I worried you. But we did what we had to do.

Winter: I...

Winter sighed and hugged her little sister back, calming down.

Winter: I suppose I understand.

???: You take always risks, isn't it so... Arion Lavellan? 

The woman took off her hood and revealed a young woman with short red hair and blue eyes who smiled at him while Arion looked at her surprised.

Arion: I've thought it was you. Sister Nightingale or better Leliana. You're now the master spy of Atlas? How did you even get there? I thought everyone in Thedas died. 

Nora: You know each other?!

Leliana: We'll talk about it when we've more time. Winter. Don't you have to say something to him? *points at Qrow*

She nodded and then turned her head to glare at Qrow.

Winter: But I cannot believe that you allowed this to happen, Qrow.

Qrow: *points at Ruby* You try stopping these kids when they have their mind set on something. Speaking of which... *looks at Ironwood* We have some important information for you that's... confidential.

Winter returned to her position beside Ironwood's desk.

Penny: *moves beside Ironwood* Oh, is it about the Relics?

Winter: *moves to Ironwood's other side* Or perhaps the Winter Maiden?

The group looked surprised at them.

Qrow: *surprised* You told them?

Ironwood: Hm.

Ironwood stood from his desk and retrieved the Relic of Knowledge from a drawer, made it grow to its normal size as he held it up.

Ironwood: Did you really think you were the only one who got to work on a new plan after Beacon? With Ozpin gone, I needed my own team of people I could trust. So yes, I told them. The Ace-Ops and Leliana with her friends too. It's because of her friend, I know about your elven friend. Which is why I'm so glad you're here... with this. *gestures to the Relic* Until now, I believed it was impossible to truly turn the tide against Salem. Oz has pushed her back, has kept victory out of her claws, but she will keep returning stronger and stronger... unless we destroy her.

He placed the Relic atop his desk, while Ruby looked deep in thought.

Ruby: But... what about the Atlas Relic?

Ironwood: You mean the Staff of Creation?

Penny: It's safe inside the Vault!

Qrow: And the Winter Maiden?

Winter: She is secure and in stable condition.

Yang: Stable condition? What does that--

Qrow: She's, uh, not exactly a spring chicken.

Ironwood: I know how this all looks. Recalling my military? The embargo? I probably don't seem the most trustworthy right now.

Leliana: No wonder... *looks at her scroll*

Blake: Then why continue it?

Nora: The people of Mantle are hurting!

Ironwood: I needed to ensure Salem couldn't infiltrate Atlas. And I wanted my military here, protecting my people.

Yang: But it's not protecting them! It's making everyone hate you.

Ironwood: It's a price I'm willing to pay.

Arion: And there's no other way? 

Ironwood: *shakes his head* No.

Ironwood reached over to a glowing panel of buttons on his desk and tapped a button that resembled a table emitting light from its surface.

Ironwood: Just as you all have been entrusted with the knowledge of Salem's existence, I need you all to trust me. I have a plan.

Shutters came down outside the windows, darkening the room. A circle in the center of the floor bearing Atlas' emblem began to rise up, prompting Ruby and Oscar to step off of it. As Ironwood talked and made his way over to it, the circle continued to rise and transformed into a table.

Ironwood: Ozpin believed the best way to fight Salem was to do so in secret. Whether that was the right choice or not isn't for me to say. But we find ourselves in a position of needing, well, a new approach.

Qrow: And what do you suggest?

Ironwood brought out a tiny remote and pressed a button, activating a hologram display of Amity Colosseum, which hovered above the table.

Arion: Hey, is that-?

Jaune: That's... Amity Colosseum.

Oscar: Where the Vytal Festival is held?

Ironwood: Indeed. When Beacon fell and everyone on Remnant lost contact with one another, I knew our current system was outdated. Amity was built to bring the nations together, and it will serve that purpose once again.

He pressed the button again, and the hologram Amity Colosseum gained an antenna atop it. Ruby and her friends stared at the hologram and looked at each other.

Penny: Isn't it great? We're not going to just replace Beacon Tower. Building a new tower on top of Amity Colosseum will re-establish global communications!

Winter: By launching the tower high into the atmosphere, our scientists believe we can create a sort of... satellite out of reach of the Grimm and capable of maintaining global communications even if we were to lose another tower.

Ruby: That is great.

Qrow: James... you don't need the entire military for this.

Ironwood: I will for the next part, where I finally tell the people about Salem.

Qrow: Huh, so that's why you withdrew your troops, to handle the panic that would break out in Atlas.

Ironwood: Yes, panic is inevitable, and panic brings Grimm. But I believe we are ready. Once Atlas has come to grips with the fight ahead, I'll use Amity Tower to spread the message to all of Remnant.

Leliana: *mumbles* Stupiest idea I've ever heard before. 

Arion: That is crazy!

Weiss: But everything will fall apart. Grimm will be everywhere!

Winter: You're right, but Atlas is willing and prepared to assist.

Ironwood: Trying to hide the truth from the world will eventually kill us all.

Ironwood pressed a button on his remote, and the hologram disappeared, the table transformed and receded into the floor and the shutters pulled away from the windows.

Qrow: Oz spent his whole life, many lives, keeping this secret.

Ironwood: I know. But since Beacon, things have changed.

Ironwood began heading back to his desk.

Ironwood: Without him here to guide us, all I can do is use my best judgment.

Behind him, Oscar shifted uncomfortably. As if sensing something, Ironwood stopped and looked back.

Ironwood: What is it?

Oscar: Actually, Oz isn't completely gone.

Qrow: Uh, Oscar here is... is the next Ozpin.

Ironwood: Oz?

Smiling, Ironwood quickly and eagerly approached Oscar, who looked nervous.

Ironwood: I'm so glad you're here. I didn't think you--

Oscar puts his hands up and interrupted Ironwood, as the latter crouched to Oscar's level.

Oscar: Not quite. He's kind of, um, gone... at the moment.

Ironwood's smile faded, and he lowered his head.

Ironwood: That's not normal. *looks back up* How did he--

Ruby: We don't know.

Ironwood, Leliana, Arion, Qrow and Oscar looked at Ruby.

Ruby: We were in a train crash, and ever since, well... suddenly, Oz wasn't there anymore.

Ironwood: That's the worst news yet. *rises to his feet* Did you learn anything from him about the Relics before...?

Ruby: He told us the lamp can answer three questions. But all the questions were used up already.

Blake and Yang looked at each other. Leliana looked suspicious at Ruby, knowing that she lied.

Ironwood: Right, right.

Ironwood walked back behind his desk and stared out the window.

Ironwood: Ozpin told us that too, once upon a time. *turns to face them* At least we have you, Oscar. You're safe here in Atlas. Maybe together we can figure out how to bring Ozpin back.

Oscar: *grins* Thank you, sir. *stands at attention* I mean, uh, general. Uh, Ironwood? *smiling awkwardly*

Ironwood picked up the Relic of Knowledge, walked over to Ruby and offered it to her.

Ruby: You're giving it back to me?

Ironwood: After what happened with the Ace-Ops, I don't want you to think I'm keeping anything from you, especially something as important as this. For the time being, I think it's safest with the people who brought it here.

He handed her the Relic.

Ruby: Um, thank you.

She shrinked the Relic and hooked it onto her belt, exchanging a look with Oscar.

Ironwood: We must work together if we're to fight Salem and win. Now, if you're all on board...

Ruby thought it over for a few seconds, then looked at Ironwood.

Ruby: Tell us how we can help.

Ironwood: Good, because getting the Amity Tower ready to launch won't be easy. *walks back to his desk* But first, I think we need to get those weapons of yours up to our standards.

A hologram screen appeared, showing footage of Blake drawing her broken katana before their fight against the Sabyrs in Mantle. Blake reacted with embarrassment.

Winter: Remember, this is Atlas. While assisting the military, we will provide you with the best equipment our scientists can devise.

Nora: Ooh!

Ren: Really?

Yang: *fist in the air* Yeah!

Ironwood: Good. Leliana. Please lead them to their rooms where they can rest.

Leliana: Of course. *goes forward* If you would follow me?

Upon exiting Ironwood's office, the group encountered the Ace-Ops once more.

Marrow: So, that was the second time I got banned. Then there was the third time when--

Clover: Alright, cut the chatter.

As Ruby and her friends walked down the stairs with Leliana as their escord, the Ace-Ops approached them. Leliana stepped aside.

Clover: I'd like to sincerely apologize for the miscommunication down in Mantle. We didn't intend to--

Suddenly, Elm pushed her way past Clover and Marrow and began frantically shaking Ruby's hand, accidentally flailing her about in the air.

Elm: I feel so bad, honestly! If we had known who you were, we'd be laughing over a hot meal right now and--

Partway through her second sentence, Elm dropped the now-dizzy Ruby on the floor.

Ruby: I understand. You were just following orders.

Ruby geot to her feet, groaning, only to be spunned around by Weiss.

Weiss: I mean, you could have asked us some questions first.

Marrow: Questions are for the weak. But we're all on the same team now. Not that I'm happy about it. Leli here is not very kind when it comes about interrogates.

Leliana: You want to test it?

Marrow: No thanks. *grins*

Marrow crossed his arms and soon realizes that his tail was wagging. He reached back and grabbed it, much to Harriet's amusement.

Clover: We just wanted to say we're sorry. And that we're looking forward to working with you on our next mission. You might be students, but you've been fighting just as hard as we have, if not harder.

Harriet: Exactly why I'm looking forward to seeing what you kids can do.

Vine: Not everything's a competition, Hare.

Leliana: *gives Qrow a piece of paper* Read it when you're alone.  

Qrow looked confused at Leliana when she left and at the same moment, Penny entered the room and slided in front of Ruby, throwing her hands up in excitement.

Penny: C'mon! Let me show you around campus.

She enthusiastically marched away, with Ruby and friends following her. Ironwood exited his office just as Qrow beganto walk away from the stairs in front of the office.

Ironwood: Qrow.

Qrow stopped and turned around, and Ironwood descended the stairs and approached him.

Ironwood: I meant it when I said it was good to see you again.

Qrow: *awkwardly* Uh, yeah, you too.

Ironwood stepped forward and hugged Qrow, who looked confused at first but then hugged back with a smile and an eye roll. After that, Qrow left to go to his room, Ironwood told him. On his way he remembered the small piece of paper he got from Leliana and unfolded it to red:

You may fool Ironwood, but not me. When you're alone, I want to know everything you know. No secrets. No lies.

NG

Qrow looked with widened eyes around and moved still forward to his room and ripped the message in tiny pieces and threw it in a dumpster. Elsewhere in the school, Penny leaded RWBY, JNR, Arion and Oscar through various hallways, while the group becomes more and more tired as the tour goes on. Except Arion who-in his past-often wandered around for hours even in late hours.

Penny: So that way's the cafeteria, and that way is the training rooms. Oh, and over there are the classrooms!

Ruby stretched, yawning loudly. The group comes to a stop, with everyone looking exhausted. Nora leaned against Ren, asleep on her feet.

Ruby: This all looks great, Penny. But where are we staying?

Penny: Remember, you're in Atlas now. As the most well-funded school on Remnant, every teen at Atlas Academy gets their own room! And if that wasn't enough--

Ren: So we're staying in the dorms?

Penny: (with an excited dance and hop) It'll be just like Beacon again!

Nora collapsed to the floor. And everyone were leaded to their dorms. Some time later, Qrow went to his own dorm and when he closed the door and made his light on, he made a startled noise when he saw Leliana leaning against a wall. She glared at him seriously.

Leliana: The truth. Now. And no lies or half truths.

Qrow: How did you-?

Leliana: I'm asking here the questions. I'm not the master spy for nothing. *sits on a chair* You have for sure questions how I know Arion. So how about a deal? You answer all my questions and I answer yours? 

Qrow looked at her in distrust but then sighed and sat on another chair.

Qrow: So, what do you want to know? 

Leliana: You can tell me truth about the Relic of Knowledge, Ozpin and how you plan to defeat Salem.

Qrow: *sighs* And if not?

Leliana: I'll force you to tell me the answers. Now?

Qrow: Okay, okay. Well, about the Relic...

Qrow told her everything he knew what he and the kids learned from Jinn. He thought Leliana would be shocked but instead kept her coolness.

Leliana: So, that's how it is. And now an innocent little boy had been forced to join this war. That old fool. And just because Salem can't be killed, that means not there would be no way to stop her.

Qrow: Hmpf. Easy for you to say.

Leliana: You think so? In Thedas we had an monstrous enemy called Corypheus who was immortal too. But there was still a way to kill him. For Salem, I don't know yet but maybe there is a way. 

Qrow: We're not in Thedas. Nevermind, we'll see. So, what will you do with the informations?

Leliana: For now, I'll keep them myself. Only to not bring the kids in problems. One more question. Salem has for sure allies, could you tell me who they are and what they can do? *some times later, Leliana noted everything in a piece of paper-of course coded* Thank you, that will be all for now. You want to know something about me?

Qrow: Just one. Why working for Ironwood? I don't care about your past, but Arion trusts you so I want that too.

Leliana: Okay, I've not expected it but for you to know. I'm not working for Ironwood. I'm working only with him. He found me and three others coming through a portal and offered us to give us places for work. Of course after he stopped to think we would be spies or some sort of enemy.  Lately his paranoia made him overly on guard and his plans are crazy where innocents could be in danger because of his coming madness. I'm not approving his actions total. *stands up* I think, I'm done. Thanks for the conversation and good thinking about destroying my little message.

Qrow: How did you? 

Leliana: A spy never talks about their skills. *opens the door but looks back at Qrow* Change your shoes. They're looking terrible.

Qrow only looked at her confused until she left. He just shook his head and shut off his light to sleep. In another dorm:

Leliana: *goes to the window and whistles so a crow flys to her arm* So, the situation is more serious than I thought. Maybe she knows what to do. *places a small piece of paper with a note around the foot of the crow* Fly to her. *the crow flys away* I have a bad feeling about this. 

The crow flew to another building outside of the academy and landed on the arm of another woman. She looked in her early 30s, had black hair, amber eyes with purple eyeliners. When she looked at the message, she looked surprised at first but then smiled.

???: Well, well. That will be interesting. Let the games begin.

TBC

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 166 10
After the disaster of the paladins Iornwood invests more time to his latest project. Titanfall. Titanfall belongs to EA and respawn entertainment RWB...
4.8K 81 11
It appears you and your teammate have made it to Argust but getting the help from the people for Atlas is gonna he that easy. You have fight your way...
112K 1.6K 16
Hi! My name is Noctis L/n and this is my journey to how I become the Greatest Swordsman in Remnant's history in the group Team RWBY.
32.5K 334 25
You were at home the next thing you know you have a portal to remnant. I don't own rwby it belongs to rooster teeth.