Teacher's Pet: Remus Lupin X...

By jxlvpin

Explained in the reader's point of view (also with a bit of Professor Lupin's, and a bit of Harry's) Story t... More

1|The Dementor Attack
2|Feast
3|Divination Class
4|Buckbeak versus Malfoy
5|A Professor and Student's Chat
6|Boggart
7|He's Here
8|The Hospital Wing
9|The Quidditch Match
10|Advance
A/n
11|The Marauder's Map
12|He Was Their Friend
14|Trouble
15|An Unexpected Guest
16|The Hospital Wing #2
A/n
17| Practice
18| The Shrieking Shack
19| Trust
1.02k reads
20| Hermione's Secret
21| Exams
22| Flashback
23| Full Moon Gone So Wrong
24| An Emergency
25| Hurt
26| Just Fine
27| 'Till We Meet Again
28| End of Term
29| The Train Ride Home
30| Epilogue
A Letter To You
THANK YOU

13|Merry Christmas

7.9K 305 604
By jxlvpin

Reader's POV

Soon, Christmas was only a few days away. Majority of the students have decided to go home, but two days before, my parents have let me stay at Hogwarts for the holidays.

Almost all the Ravenclaws had decided to go home, it was just me, Luna Lovegood, a few Ravenclaws along with our prefects and Head Boy and Head Girl. I was glad that Luna would stay, she was one of the few people who actually listen to my problems and support my decision.

Padma and Parvati had to stay home, for family reasons.

Christmas Day...

"Wake up (y/n)!" Luna, which caused me to wake up and fall from my bed.

"Luna!" I yawned as I returned to the comfort of my bed, and checked the time. "What's the fuss about?"

"It's almost lunch, and it's Christmas!" she said. My eyes flew open. I looked over the window, and noticed that Hagrid was bringing a gigantic pine tree which will be displayed later on at the Great Hall. Christmas was my favorite holiday.

"Merry Christmas then Luna." I said cheerily.

"Merry Christmas too (y/n)!" she smiled.

I just recalled that I stayed up until 1 AM last night, or should I say morning. Blimey, and now it's 11: 10 am.

The two of us then exited the dormitory. I was wearing the comfortable aquamarine sweater that my mum had made me last Christmas.

Soon, it was time for the Christmas Feast.
It was no one's surprise that almost every student had left home and a few had stayed.

All of us were then served with a hundred fat, roast turkeys, an abundance of roast and boiled potatoes, platters of fat chipotalas, buttered peas, thick gravy and cranberry sauce prepared by the house-elves. We all began to chow down.

Then, it was time for dessert. I helped myself with Wizard Crackers and flaming Christmas pudding.

I felt like I was in heaven.

An hour after the Christmas feast, we all went back to our common room. I spent the rest of the afternoon asleep on my bed. I was so exhausted of all the assignments and lessons these past weeks.

"(y/n)! Our presents here!"

Lisa, who was one of the few Ravenclaws who had stayed for the holidays, shook me so I could wake up.

I yawned as I stood up quickly and realized that it was 4:00 in the afternoon. I noticed that there were tons of presents laying on the floor. All of them were all labelled 'To: (y/n)'

I took hold of the one nearest to me. It was from my parents. I ripped the wrapper open. And it revealed my favorite Muggle book, which I have always wanted to have. "Pride and Prejudice." And I saw other books which belonged to the Wizarding World.

I soon opened the next one, which was from Mrs. Weasley. I opened it and it was another lavender sweater with the first letter of my name. I smiled at this, I've always found her sweaters comfortable.

I recieved Chocolate Frogs, a Holyhead Harpies sweatshirt, and a planner from Ron, Harry and Hermione respectively. Fred and George gave me Nose-Biting Teacups, Dungbombs, Ton-Tongue Toffees which I decided to not to stick my hands to. Most of the gifts that I opened next were books.

After packing my gifts to my trunk, I then gave Lisa my gift — a sweater.

"Thanks (y/n)!" she said. I gave my gift to Luna, a Crumple-Horned Snorkack necklace. She loved it very much, even though I myself didn't believe that they were real. But Luna was my friend, I couldn't let her down.

Later that night around 7:30 pm after finishing dinner, there was a tapping on the window. I looked, and saw my pet owl Ozzy outside, he was shivering as I noticed that there was a letter on his beak.

I immediately let him in. I stroked him gently, much to his affection and gave me the letter. It was addressed to 'My Little Witch'.

Let me guess, Professor Moony.

I opened the envelope, and as I guessed it was a letter from my favorite professor — Professor Moony. It read:

My dearest (y/n)

I know it's the time of the year today, but I'd like you to come to my office. I have a little surprise for you, a reward for a job well done these past months in Defence Against the Dark Arts.

Sincerely yours,

Professor Remus "Moony" John Lupin
Defence Against the Dark Arts Teacher

I smiled at this. I didn't care if it was going to be cold tonight. To be honest, I've been gaining a little crush on Professor Moony ever since I've met him on the train ride to Hogwarts.

I put on some warm clothes in case if it gets more chilly than I expect. But before I left, a grabbed the Christmas boxes that I had prepared for Professor Moony.

As I prepared to leave the common room, I made sure that the coast was clear, and to my relief, it was safe. I exited the common room, trying to breath for air as I voyaged to his office.

It was freezing cold, even though I already had warm clothes on me, I could still feel the cold breeze lingering on my body.

Alas I have finally reached his office. I knocked on his door slowly.

"Come in." he says.

I opened the door, once I got inside. my hands started to get warmer, thanks to the fireplace his office. But I almost collapsed.

I saw Professor Moony sprang up from his seat. "(y/n)" he shrieked, catching me in his arms. "Are you alright?"

I nodded my head slowly. He carried me all the way to his seat, near the fireplace. I was still shivering, he placed the scarf that hung around his neck and placed it on me.

"P-p-professor, y-you d-dont h-have to," I shivered. "You'll n-n-need it for y-y-yourself."

"It doesn't matter to me." he said. He handed me a mug of hot chocolate and let me drink it. It had sort of made me recover.

"Feeling better?" he asked, sitting beside me. I nodded my head in reply. "If you're wondering, don't worry I asked permission from Professor Flitwick."

"Oh Professor I almost forgot," I said, feeling better; I summoned the boxes that I had dropped earlier on the floor. "Merry Christmas Professor Moony!"

He opened the first box, and it revealed a sketch of him that I had drawn of him, now I wasn't the best artist, but I tried my best.

"I'm sorry if it's not the best." I chuckled.

"I think it's beautiful, thank you." he said, smiling at me, which made me blush and tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear.

He soon opened the next box, which was full of treats that I had bought from Honeydukes, which he packed into his jar of candies. And the last box had a sweater that I knitted these past weeks with the words 'Professor Moony' embroided on it.

Then all of a sudden, he started to sob.

"Professor are you crying?" I said, concerned and chuckling at the same time.

"No, no I'm not," he lied, wiping his tears. "Something's in my eye."

I laughed a bit until he finally confessed to me that no one has ever given him gifts like that for almost a decade after he lost his friends.

"Wait, I haven't given you my present yet." he said, then went to his chamber to retrieve his. When he arrived...

"Merry Christmas (y/n)," he told me, as I opened the wrapper. "It may not be the best and I don't have enough money to buy more but that's all that I can do."

His gift was a perfect sketch of me and a rose. I raised my eyebrows in awe. I didn't know he had a talent in drawing, and another letter. It read:

To my favorite student and the top of the class alongside Harry, Merry Christmas! This is your reward for a job well done these past months. Keep up the good work my little witch! I love you from the bottom of my heart.

Love,
Professor Moony

My eyes widened as I finished reading it. I was his favorite student? All this time, the reason why he always gave me advance lessons during evenings, the reason he always picked me in his classes was that I was a teacher's pet. I didn't know whether I was happy or shocked about it.

"Professor, I-I'm speechless." I said, still blushing.

He smiled at me with affection as he pulled me into a tight hug.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 8.6K 30
You're the new Potions assistant at Hogwarts, learning the ropes so that you can eventually take over the position from Severus Snape. But you aren't...
858K 20.5K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...
92.1K 2.8K 35
Y/N starts her 5th year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as the new Prefect girl. But she's not using her prefect abilities for what the...
160K 6.7K 39
She can't stop thinking about the whirlwind romance she had this summer, but when she walks into Defense Against the Dark Arts on the first day of he...