Transformers and The Phoenix

By bluelazuli95

When the Transformers land on earth the resident superhero isn't too happy about it. She decides to follow th... More

Prologue
Earth
Greetings
Learning to Trust
Mission Gone Wrong
The Beginning
Fallen City
Consequences
Friendlies
Mystery Man
Dents and Dreams

Healing Takes Time

31 1 0
By bluelazuli95

Ravens head feels groggy, she can't think straight. Her eyes start opening to be greeted by a bright light. Her eyes drift to her left and she spots a yellow blur. "Bee?"

Bumblebee quickly turns around after hearing his name, Ratchet is also at her side in an instant. Ratchet says something but Raven doesn't quite hear him; everything still sounds as if she's underwater. She sits up off the table she's lying on, she feels a cold metal servo help her up, she doesn't know who it belongs to.

"The effects should wear off in a couple minutes." This time Raven hears Ratchet, his voice is no longer muffled.

"Effect of what?" Raven asks, bringing her hand away from her head. Raven automatically goes to stretch out her wings, as she would ever other morning, but stops when sudden sharp pain goes shooting through her left wing, Raven lets out a gasp.

"Don't move it." Ratchet scolds. "I tried patching it up as best I could, I had Leo help me but obviously it's not restricting your movements enough. Raven your wing was completely shattered, the scan I did didn't look good. I tried my best to get the bones back together, so no using it until I say so." Ratchet adds in a stern tone, hoping that she'll actually listen, unlike some bots.

Raven gives Ratchet a quick glance before looking at her wing, it looks horrible, feathers are broken off and squished in the areas she can see. Most of it is covered in white gauze and has a metal brace going all the way along the bone. She couldn't move it much even if she wanted to. She looks at her surroundings, she's not anywhere that she recognizes. "Where are we?"

"Home." Bumblebee says.

"Your home? Cybertron?" Raven asks confused.

Bumblebee shakes his head from side to side. "Spaceship."

"Oh..." Raven looks around, "so this is what it looks like on the inside."

"What do you mean?" Ratchet asks. "You haven't been here at all before."

"Well not inside of it. When you guys came to earth I came to investigate, that's when I—uh, saw you and followed you to the car dump." Ravens eyes lower to her hands, remembering Kim when she had called her asking about the 'earthquake' while she was investigating their ship. The thought struck her instantly, she'll never have another call from her sister again, never hear her voice, she'll never be able to go visit that apartment again, sit and watch movies with her or laugh at their terrible jokes together. A wave of sadness hits Raven like a train, she would have happily taken Kim's place, just as long as her sister kept living a happy life.

Bumblebee whirs at her. "I'm fine Bee. Just gotta keep moving forward right?" Raven replies.

"It's normal to grieve for lost ones." Ratchet tells Raven.

"I've seen a lot of loss. I think I can handle it Ratchet." Raven snaps at the medic. Silence takes over the room, Ratchet and Bumblebee spare each other a glance before Ratchet speaks up again.

"We have Kim with us, when you're ready."

"I want her to be with our parents." Raven determines.

Ratchet nods slowly. Raven gets up off the table, Ratchet leaves the room first and Bee follows behind Raven. It's a lot brighter than Raven thought it would be, they walk through a large hallway and when they emerge on the other side of it she's greeted with what looks like a living room but for Autobots. If you keep walking forward, straight through what looks like a doorway there's another room which could be classified as the kitchen. If you take a left from the living room you start going down to the living quarters, and if you take a right you're greeted with a huge room full of computer monitors, but much more advanced, if you go straight through this room the door to the outside is right there. Raven follows Ratchet into the so called kitchen, Bee close behind. Optimus, Ironhide and Leo are there, Raven wonders what time it is, is it morning? Evening?

"The punks awake!" Ironhide comments as he sees them enter the room.

"Ironhide." Optimus scolds.

Ironhide shrugs his shoulders as if to say, 'what?'

"I've made some pizza, it's just frozen boxed stuff, it's pretty much the only thing I could do in this so called kitchen. They don't even have a fridge." Leo comments.

"Thanks but I'm not hungry." Raven replies.

"Ok, no problem." Leo says, a little disappointed.

Raven sits down with the Autobots as Optimus starts a conversation. "I've called upon other Autobots who may have survived."

"I hope the others have heard it." Ratchet acknowledges.

Their conversation goes on without Raven noticing, everything else quiets around her and she's left with her thoughts, her guilt, and her sadness, it just seems to consume her. Stop! You've dealt with this before so suck it up and move on with life. She scolds herself, why is this time so much harder though... she's broken out of her trance when the others around her start standing, she stands as well, not really sure what's happening.

"I'm going to turn in for the night." Ratchet says as he starts walking away from the table. Others soon follow, all who are left are Bee, Leo, and Raven. Bumblebee waves his servo at the two, gesturing for them to follow. He takes them down to the living quarters, where each door has some sort of personalisation, each Autobot has claimed their room, Bee takes the two humans to the empty rooms at the end of the hall.

"Choose one." Bee says.

Raven automatically chooses the one next to Bumblebees room, feeling safest and most comfortable there. Leo takes the one next to Ratchet, which is across from Ravens. Leo opens the door and gives a small wave to Raven and Bee before heading in and closing the door. Bumblebee also gives her a wave and a whir before heading into his room beside her. Raven stands there for a moment, she puts her hand on the door handle and turns it, she's greeted with an empty room, except for a comforter and sheets on the bed, well... what looks like a bed. It's bare, and reminds Raven of when she and Kim first moved into an apartment together. Raven thinks about going back to the apartment to get some of her belongings but even the thought of going back makes her want to cry, not yet, maybe she'll go back later. She sits on the bed, she tries to get comfortable with her wing in a giant brace but can't. She doesn't know how long she's been twisting and turning in that unfamiliar bed but she's had enough. She stands up again and goes to the door, she tries to be as quiet as possible, not wanting to wake anybody else. I can handle it by myself, I don't need to wake somebody else to ask for help. Raven thinks, Raven wonders why this is bothering her so much, yes a close family member has passed, but... it's happened plenty of times before, she can handle it again.

Bee hears shuffling from Ravens room, the constant noise from her room all night has kept him alert. He knows what it's like to lose someone close to you, Raven had shut herself down from everyone else since Kim, that worries Bee, to add onto it Bumblebee is a scout and guardian, he feels the need to look out for her, especially when she isn't looking out for herself. Bees audio receptors hear her footsteps going down the hallway, and then the front door open. It's not the quietest door, Bumblebee will admit, but his comrades are very deep rechargers, so he highly doubts it will wake them. Bee makes his way down the hallway as well.

Raven steps outside into the cool night air, she looks up to the stars and of course, immediately thinks about Kim. This is where she feels safe to cry. Her eyes starts watering and she makes soft sobbing sounds, nobody is here, she can grieve alone, where she won't wake anybody. Little does she know it's already too late. Raven hugs herself and drops her head, tears dripping down her cheeks, which are chilled by the wind. She goes silent when she hears a footstep behind her, she wipes away her tears and a yellow Autobot comes up beside her. Atleast it was Bumblebee and not anyone else, his blue optics leave a faint glow on the ground, he sits down beside her and whirs at her, his antenna laid back and optics showing sympathy.

"Sorry Bumblebee, I didn't mean to wake you." Raven says in as sturdy voice as possible.

"Was never... Asleep."

"What?"

"Don't sleep well... when friends... hurt." Bee jumbles a whole bunch of voices from the radio together. "Want to talk about it?"

Raven stays silent, she's never really talked about anything like this to anyone other than Kim, she was the only one that Raven ever really opened up too, and now that she's gone Raven doesn't know how to deal with anything. "I don't know what to do anymore Bee. I've dealt with this before and I've been able to deal with it by myself, this time though... it's eating at me like—it's, ugh, I don't know..."

"No longer by yourself... we are friends. Friends help each other through anything."

Raven ponders for a moment, and all of a sudden Bee transforms into his yellow Camaro, opening the drivers side door. It takes a moment for Raven to decide to climb in, but she does regardless and Bee starts driving off, to where? Who knows. The drive is silent, and the thoughts come rushing back to Raven. Her eyes start to water again, tears threatening to spill, and once she glances at the stars she can't hold it back anymore. Raven slams her hands against Bee's steering wheel and puts her forehead against it. "Dammit Bee! Why couldn't it have been me." Raven starts sobbing again.

"Your creator... was not ready. Not your time."

Raven lies down in the Camaro's front seats, her head at the drivers side door, her broken wing in the foot space. Raven is engulfed in sadness and wonders when or if it will ever pass. "But still, can't one person I care for not die? I feel like everyone leaves me."

"I will not leave."

"Kim said the same thing, look where it got her." Ravens voice falters from her tears.

Bumblebee jumbles through the recordings he's taken. Raven goes silent when she hears Kim's voice. "When I woke up that morning... and saw that you were gone. I knew that you had found someone you felt safe with... because you did the exact same thing with me. I didn't know what you were getting yourself into Raven, then when I saw you fighting side by side... wi-with them I finally knew why. They've lost their planet just like you've lost yours. I know because they have the same look of loss in their eyes as you. Listen... I'm going to see our parents again, and I'm going to tell them everything you've done for this planet. I know I can leave you because you won't be alone. Always remember that I love you and believe in you." Bumblebee plays Kim's voice through his radio.

"You recorded her voice?" Raven asks astonished.

"She believed in you... why can't you believe in yourself?"

Raven falls silent, even though Bee doesn't have use of his voice he's still nice to talk too. Raven finds herself crying herself to sleep, she tries to focus on the sound of Bees engine, which helps a lot. She rolls so her face is towards the back of the seat and sleep finally finds her, feeling the safest she's felt since this whole Decepticons and Autobots thing began. Once Bumblebee is certain she's asleep he turns around to head back to the base, he parks in front not wanting to go inside and transform since it will wake the girl, he turns off his engine and goes into recharge himself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 316 9
HEY! WELCOME TO THE THIRD BOOK OF MY LITTLE SISTER! Moonlight's back. She back with a whole new adventure. She's Optimus' and Megatron's little sist...
14.5K 344 11
Love. What a wonderful thing...except maybe a bit scary when you have to guys fighting for your love and attention in an alien war. (More references...
9.7K 270 11
𝖲𝖾𝗊𝗎𝖾𝗅 𝗍𝗈: 𝗔𝗻𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗲𝘁 𝖡𝖺𝗌𝖾𝖽 𝗈𝗇: 𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗲𝗿𝘀 [2007 𝗠𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗲] 𝖲𝖾𝖼𝗈𝗇𝖽 𝖨𝗇𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗆𝖾𝗇𝗍 𝗈𝖿:...
504 11 4
DISCLAIMER: I do not own the rights to Transformers and its characters. All rights belong to Hasbro. This fanfic is made for entertainment purposes o...