𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐘

By sov3nus

𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭... More

copyright ℗
soulful
disenthrall
dulcify
deleterious
jettison
betterment
putrescent
chum
affinity
nooky
conversationalist
nugatory
untrammelled
aggrandise
consent
amelioration
blossoming
limn
assiduity
meagre
consternation
provisionary
caprice
unchivalrous
taciturn
contumelious
reminiscence
pule
porangi
alienation
pusillanimous
cantankerous
perfidious
spurious
compunctious
solicitude
exculpate
stravaig
multifarious
empyrean
supercilious
serendipity
hubris
incongruous
sempiternal
passivity
tyrannise
ineludible
ubiety
lugubrious
saturnine
contiguity
homage
gregarious
felicitous
illustrious
kalyana
onerous
quandary
veracious
zephyr
wallflower
quietus
hiraeth
ahimsa
appurtenant
preliminary
nurture
antithetical
peripheral
dichotomy
profligate
magnanimity
predestination
superfluity
analogous
peripeteia
effervescent
amalgamation
utopian
coalesce

ubiquitous

5.9K 468 43
By sov3nus

ubiquitous
/juːˈbɪkwɪtəs/
adjective: ubiquitous
present, appearing, or found everywhere.

Glendale,AZ
Monday February 17th
Soraya Legacy Valentine | Binkie

"Raya I'm hungry," Kaia pouted huffing.

"You just had lunch Kay, how are you still hungry?" Soraya didn't want the phrase to sound harsh or pushy but today Kaia was being odd.

The young girl shrugged, "'m hungry." Soraya looked at her for long raising an eyebrow.

"That's not how we ask for things, if you want/need something you need to use your manners Kaia. If something happened over the weekend that you think you should share with me, please do."

Kaia's bottom lip started quivering, "'m s-sorry." Tears pooled around her brown orbs which instantly turned Soraya into a frenzy.

"Kaia what happened? It is very important that you tell me what happened." Tears rolled down the toddler's chubby cheeks.

"Mean man." She whispered crying, Soraya's eyes began shaking back and forth something which she'd been diagnosed with a couple weeks ago after she'd stare off into space and her eyes would shake back and forth more frequently, after Jalen had come into her care.

"M-Miss Raya." Kaia's voice was wobbly and she was getting scared, no words were said as Soraya quickly stood up and clutched onto Kaia's hand going somewhere alone.

Soraya ran into the 'backyard' 'playground' and found a shady area underneath a large tree, she sat down and sat Kaia next to her.

"You will tell me absolutely everything that happened this weekened, don't leave out a thing, Kaia Calais Alistair, do you understand?" Kaia nodded her head frantically as Soraya let out a shaky breathe wiping the poor girls eyes, "go ahead." she beckoned.

"A-aunt Lilly came over, doesn't come over much. My c-cousins came too. A-and m-my u-uncle." Soraya knew where the story was going, she bit on her tongue and took hold of the young girl's hands holding them in her own.

"Cousins really big and old, b-boys. I w-was sleeping b-but I couldn't sleep." Kaia frowned thinking if she just went to sleep it would be all better, "I-I'm sorry."

"Don't, don't apologise. Don't ever apologise, Kaia. Don't do that, okay? It wasn't your fault, nothing's your fault okay, nothing at all."

Kaia sighed, "s-soon they a-all came in. I was s-scared, so scared, I-I started crying a-and T-timothy - my oldest cousin - told me to be q-quiet and covered my mouth, th-then Th-Theodore said we were g-gonna play a game. I didn't wanna pl-play, Soraya I promise, I-I didn't w-wanna play at all!" Kaia began sobbing loudly, her wails could be heard by other kids and all the workers along with Nicki and Kayson.

Soraya rubbed her back softly as the other two members on her team began talking to each other waiting for Soraya to fill them in on what happened.

"I-it h-hurt, s-so much. I screamed for m-mommy an-and bubba, b-but no-one came. W-why didn't they come f-for me, Ray? Wh-why didn't b-bubba save me?" Kaia continued sobbing into her small hands and Soraya felt tears begin to roll down her cheeks as she felt her heart break.

She knows what it feels like to want your brother to come and save you.

"O-okay, n-no more no more. You're okay, you're safe I got you, don't worry you're safe my princess." Soraya hugged the small girl's body tight in her arms wanting to keep her close to her forever. "Don't worry, okay? Go to sleep, Kay." Kaia shook her head, after what happened on saturday she hadn't closed her eyes for a millisecond - the young girl was scared to just blink, "i'll keep an eye on you, I won't let anyone hurt you I promise." Soraya said noticing her frightened expression.

"B-bubba promised th-that too." Kaia didn't believe anyone anymore, the young girl's sanity was gone along with her heart. She was a fragile four year old now.

"Go to sleep, Kay, we'll talk more after you sleep okay. I won't let you go, I'll hold you the whole time." Kaia was unsure but nodded anyways resting her head on her careworker's shoulder.

Soraya rocked the frail girl back and forth feeling her heart peal away as Nicki and Kayson approached the two once they'd noticed the toddler's eyes flutter shut.

"What happened?" Kayson questioned. Soraya looked down at Kaia moving one of her twists out of her face.

"Same ol' same ol'. Get her brother on the line, tell him to come pick her up. I'll talk to him, inform him on the situation." It hurt Soraya deeply to look at Kaia.

"We need to know what got her in that state, Soraya, you can't just brush this off." Nicki demanded.

"Relax." Kayson warned holding his hand out in front of Nicki.

"Brush what off? What do you want me to tell you, Nikita? The four year old girl just got raped by her cousins and uncle as she tried to go to sleep?" Soraya spat the words with such venom it shocked both of her superintendents, "is that what you wanted to hear?" she spoke harsh and direct to get her point across without waking up the little girl in her arms, "so like i said get her brother on the goddamn line!"

Soraya stood up with Kaia in her arms and began walking around, she changed Kaia's position so she now had her arms around her neck and she was cradling her body.

Hezekiah wasn't told much except that he desperately needed to get down to the daycare and that was enough to make his blood run cold, he wasted no time in arriving in minutes. He frowned seeing his sister with tear stains in the arms of Soraya.

"Did something happen? What happened?" Hezekiah interrogated, not wanting to waste time. He hated beating around the bush, he was a very candid man.

"We should talk in the office, follow me please." Soraya immediately went into a usual cold voice, except it was more evident this time. Hezekiah found himself sucking in a breathe, for he was not scared of anything and he didn't care about a thing in the world except for his baby sister.

Soraya sat down opposite Hezekiah after placing Kaia down on the couch and wrapping a warm blanket around her.

"What happened?" Soraya sighed.

"You have cousins, Timothy and Theodore?" Hezekiah's eyebrows furrowed.

"What the fuck happened!" He clenched his fist wanting her to just spit it out.

"Kaia was very off today, when I'd finally got her to tell me what was bothering her she erupted into tears and spilled the weekend's events: I'm sorry to have to tell you Kaia was raped by your cousins and uncle." Hezekiah's blood ran cold once again. His breath halted and he looked at his sister frozen.

"When?"

"She wasn't in any position to tell me much, I didn't get specific details I stopped her upon noticing her distress, I couldn't bring myself to force her to continue." Soraya sighed pausing and Hezekiah disliked her prolonging her words, "she said she screamed for you and her mother. I'm assuming you wasn't there obviously but I think your mother was."

Hezekiah bit down on his thumb trying to steady his breathing, "Anything else she said?"

"Timothy covered her mouth at the beginning and Theodore said they were going to play a game." Soraya was disgusted with the words coming from her mouth but she owed it to the older brother to recall the events.

"Lillian's kids."

"She said Aunt Lilly came over with them."

"Mhm, my mother's sister."

"She said she tried to sleep, beforehand, but she couldn't." Hezekiah bit down on his thumb harder, Kaia began stirring in her sleep.

"I'm assuming you won't be taking this to police." Soraya deduced believing he'd 'handle' it on his own.

"I went to prison for 18 months, I would've been in there for goddamn life if it wasn't for my fucking lawyers. They wouldn't get more than three years maximum and probably get let out earlier on some good fucking behaviour." Hezekiah spoke with gritted teeth pointing at himself and then pointing into the air as if his cousins were standing there.

The siblings mother was roman so an off white of sorts and the same for Lillian. Her husband was a lightskin man however with the both light complexions their children came out white. Hezekiah the thoroughly understood how this would play out for them.

Soraya nodded stiffly turning to look at Kaia, benumbed to see misty brown orbs staring back at her, tears trailing from her eyes as she looked in between her brother and care worker.

[when Soraya says 'same ol' same ol'' she doesn't think rape is just the 'same old' she says it because she doesn't want to disclose the information with Nikita and Kayson + rape in children has become normalised and very frequent in numbers these days]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40K 505 20
If you don't like toxic shit don't read Short story with squeal coming soon not edited don't mind mistakes
110K 5.7K 48
𝐬𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 | 𝐬𝐨𝐯3𝐧𝐮𝐬 2021
82.8K 2.4K 26
Old school love
535K 14.6K 50
Est.2020