We'll Get Though This Togethe...

By Capser76570

Ahsoka and Rex have been together for almost a year now, through many hard times like Umbara for instance. No... More

Rex's Fear
Under the Covers
Cody
In the Bacta
Relief
Injury
Med Bay
Confrontation
Tackle
Mandalore
Getting to the Palace
Ahsoka vs Maul
Calm Before the Storm
Order 66
Trying to Escape
Escape
Arguement
Making Up
The Plan
Coruscant
Chancellor Palpatine
The Missile
The Child
Sparring Match
Formation of a Plan
Kamino Pt1
Kamino Pt2
Kamino Pt3
Leaving Kamino
Survivor
Leaving the Med Center
The Picture
Whatever it Takes
Crossfire
Heroes
Affection
The Separatist Senator
The Party
Truth Serum
Plan for Escape
Leaving
Home Sweet Home
Feeling Better
Sneaking Around
Glitter
Blades
The Dare
The Briefing
Preparing
Mygeeto
Darkness
Trauma
Light
Better Days
The News
Mess Hall
Choices
Crash
Taking a Plunge
The Woods
The Cabin
The Gurlanin
Fights
Going Back
Back on the Cruiser
Growing Pains
Back to Coruscant
Adoration
Preparations
Hello There
General Grievous
Just Breathe
A Little Bit of Love
Here and Now
Cybernetics
Battle of Coruscant
Doom
Highs and Lows
Nearing the End
Finale
Epilogue
New Book

Recovery

1.7K 37 12
By Capser76570

Kix finished up putting in Ahsoka's information into a data pad. He walked back over to where Ahsoka was, and he pulled back the curtain for one last check to make sure she was fine. Her heart beat was steady and so far her blood pressure and everything was smooth. She was still unconscious from the anesthesia. He stepped back and pulled the curtain closed, then walked toward the exit.

He opened the door and nearly bumped into Cody, "Oh, Commander. Sorry I didn't see you there,"

"That's fine, Kix. How's Ahsoka doing?"

"She's stable for now, but what happened?"

"I don't know, she shoved me into a room. But she stopped a small missile or something, I didn't get a good look at it,"

"Rex should be back any moment with the General, do you want to tell them what has happened? I'm used to telling bad news,"

Cody shook his head "I was the one with her at the time, I'll tell them,"

"Alright. Well what about security footage? Anything usable?"

"No. Everything was destroyed,"

"Okay, well- hold on I have to take this," Kix's com started to go off.

He stepped to the side and had a short conversation with the person on the line. It only lasted a short while, and Kix came back to Cody, "That was Rex. He said they ran into complications and will be running later than normal."

"Okay, but why'd he call you?"

"He wasn't able to reach Ahsoka or you so got me,"

"Oh, but I have my com on,"

"That's doesn't matter now, sir. Ahsoka should wake up soon, you can get your information then. And without Rex hogging the place and snapping at everyone who wants to talk to her,"

"Hmm, yeah. He does get very protective,"

Kix nodded, "C'mon, I'll take you to her,"

He made a gesture with his hand and started to lead Cody to Ahsoka's sectioned off room. They passed injured clones from the first explosion, and few others from the most recent. They finally got to the correct spot and Kix slid the curtain back. Ahsoka looked up at him with tired eyes and a dull expression, "Commander. You're awake, how are you feeling?" Kix said as he walked over to the monitors.

"Aaray," she said softly.

Kix chuckled, "You've been hanging with us clones for too long. Would you like more painkillers for the pain?" Ahsoka nodded. Kix fiddled around in some drawers, "Do you feel well enough to answer some questions?"

She looked down and tried to sit up, but her body was weak and it ached so she decided to stay laying down. There were multiple bandages on her arms and torso, she could also feel some on her legs and montrals. She looked up at Cody and nodded, pretty sure what he was going to ask.

Cody walked over to the side of her bed while Kix did stuff to her IV, "What happened after I went into that room?"

"You saw me stop it, the missile, and when I got you into the room, I pushed it back towards those droids. It hit the wall behind them and triggered the explosion. I was able to stop most of the flames and things from getting to me, and luckily it didn't last long. I ended up not being able to hold it for too long, y'know, the flames. I remember it sort of died down a bit, and... Stang, I don't remember the rest," Ahsoka looked down and fumbled with her medical gown.

"That's alright. I was just curious why you didn't have much burns and things, well, extreme ones anyway,"

"Kix, where's the worst of the burns?" She asked cautiously.

Kix turned, "Your arms both had such bad burns we had to do some skin grafts. The others weren't super bad, you'll be in pain though, sorry,"

"It's not your fault. Is Rex back yet?"

"No," Cody said, "He's running later than anticipated,"

"Typical," Ahsoka smirked.

"Anything I can get you?"

"No thanks, I'm just tired and feel a bit woozy. Ooh, and nauseous..." She furrowed her brow and put her hands to her stomach, trying to relieve it.

"Yeah," Kix said, "nausea is just the after affects from the drugs and stuff. You may feel sad too, just make sure if you do cry to think of something funny afterwards, okay?"

Ahsoka nodded, "Okay,"

"Good. Look, I need to go check up on some other patients, but I'll be back soon,"

She and Cody both nodded and Kix left the room. Cody watched as Ahsoka was trying to sit up, but her arms were still weak and she felt groggy, "Maybe you shouldn't be doing that," Cody said, "I have to go and do some paperwork, so could you please not kill yourself while I'm gone. Just don't do anything reckless,"

Ahsoka grunted as she laid back down, "Fine,"

"Thank you,"

——

Rex, Anakin, Mace, and the baby finally got to the cruiser. Anakin perfectly landed the ship in the large hangar and gently set it down. Rex stood up and gave the child to Anakin, and he went down the ramp. He saw Cody walking to them with his normal stern face, "How're things here?" Rex asked.

Cody dropped his expression, "Uhhh, well, it was... eventful."

Rex raised an eyebrow and was about to walk away when Cody stopped him, "It's Ahsoka,"

Rex's stomach tied in a knot, "What about her?"

"She fine, it's just there were assassin droids and she played the hero, and there was an explosion. She has some real bad burns, but nothing that won't heal,"

"Where is she?" Rex asked calmly.

"Med bay, room 42 I think," Rex took some breathes and then he suddenly bolted down the hangar towards the med bay, "No, Rex!" He shouted, but Rex was already gone, Cody wasn't totally surprised.

Anakin walked down the ramp with the baby, "Where's he rushing off to?"

Cody eyes got wide, "Oh, well-" then be furrowed his brow, "wait it that a-"

"Yes, yes it is,"

He was confused, "Um okay, well Rex is just heading off somewhere,"

Rex sprinted to the medical bay and started to walk when he heard people talking. He readjusted his helmet under his arm and regained his breath. He walked through the bay constantly saying to himself, "42, 42, 42, 42, 42, 42!"

He found Ahsoka's room and he entered it, gingerly pulling back the curtain, "Cyare?" He said softly.

He took a breath of relief when he said Ahsoka sitting up with a data pad in her hand, "Rex!" She said with a big smile.

He got to the side of the bed and pulled up a chair, "Are you alright?" He asked.

"I'll be fine. I died once, remember?"

"Yeah, how could I forget,"

He leaned forward and pressed a kiss to her cheek and winced when he saw the bandages on her arms and head. Ahsoka set the pad down and held Rex's hand, "How did it go for you? I see you got a knock to the head,"

"Hm? Oh yeah. Yeah it's quite a long story. But what matters is the the Chancellor is dead. He was the Sith Lord who caused all of this. Hopefully it'll be easier to end this war,"

"Wow. But there's still Dooku we need to deal with, and the clones,"

Rex nodded, "We'll worry about that later."

He slightly stood and leaned in to give her proper kiss on the lips, he wanted to do more, but he didn't want to brush against her burns and cause her pain. That would be the last thing he wanted to do. He sat back down and brought up her hand to his lips. He kissed her bruised knuckles, not looking in her eyes, for he was randomly nervous for some reason. Perhaps he was worried something worse might've happened.

Ahsoka gave Rex an affectionate look and stroked the side of his face with her other hand, "I'll be fine. You know that, right?" She said softly.

Rex nodded, "I know," Ahsoka started to squirm a little bit, "You sure you're fine,"

"Yeah I just need to use the bathroom, and Kix would be mad at me if I were to leave my bed, so I've just been holding it..."

Rex smirked and stood up and uncovered her sheet from her legs. Ahsoka put her arm on Rex shoulder and he put his arm under her knees. He carefully lifted her up bridal style and she smoothed out her medical gown. Kix had taken out all the tubes and machines she was hooked up to earlier, so she was glad she didn't have to carry around an IV or anything.

"Ready." She said with a smile.

Rex smiled back, "Hear anyone coming?"

"Nope,"

Ahsoka nuzzled into Rex's neck, making him smile wider. He careful walked out and looked both ways, crossing his fingers no one was coming, "You sure no one's here, I don't want Kix to find me taking you out of your room,"

Ahsoka giggled, "I'm positive, and Kix would beat your ass if he found he doing this,"

"Ayyye, you always tell me not to swear,"

"It's the drugs," she blamed.

"Uh-huh, sure," Rex chuckled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 354 28
When a mission nearly goes tragically wrong during the last spasms of the Clone Wars, it proves a catalyst for Anakin Skywalker and his Padawan Learn...
3K 67 17
"How are we gonna do it?" Ahsoka asked her favorite clone captain. "Do what?" He responded as his hand trailed down her lekku. "Make up for all the l...
30.4K 347 86
During the clone wars: Gamora a Jedi to be known as the youngest to be a Jedi master due to her special skills. She joined before Ahsoka came and no...
5.7K 71 18
Just a few one-shots in the Clone Wars that I write when I'm bored. Mostly about Ahsoka. A few of them are Kaesoka (Kaeden x Ahsoka) because sometime...