Stronger || PJM

By riseofsuga

"Teach me how to fight." "Fuck off." Jimin is a highschooler who gets bullied for learning contemporary dance... More

Stronger: INTRO
Ch1: Here Goes Nothing
Ch2: Lee
Ch3: Determined
Ch4: Change Your Mind
Ch5: An Old Friend
Ch6: Finally Home
Ch7: A New Friend
Ch8: Push You Away
Ch9: Who You Are
Ch10: Just A Fragment
Ch11: Doing You A Favour
Ch12: Proud Of You
Ch13: Dreaming Too Big
Ch14: Beautiful Eyes
Ch15: Deep Conversations
Ch16: Leather Jacket
Ch17: Pretend Friend
Ch18: Nothing To Lose
Ch19: Just One Chance
Ch20: The Wrong Ballerina Boy
Ch21: A Blurry Mess
Ch22: Life Moves On
Ch23: Death Stick
Ch24: Business, baby
Ch25: All In Vain
Ch26: No One Likes A Blabbermouth
Extra: Uncle Joon
Ch28: The Best Out Of It
Ch29: Some Things Never Change

Ch27: Not You, Too

1.6K 174 84
By riseofsuga

Lee walks inside the shop, her eyes scanning the cosmetics stacked on the shelves, her jaw almost dropping at the huge range of products. She can identify a few of themㅡthe basics like lipstick, eyeliner, eyeshadow, and foundation, while other things have her staring in confusion.

The fuck is a primer, she thinks to herself as she examines a small glass bottle, I must be living under a rock.

"Good evening, how may I help you?"

Lee turns around at the voice of an employee who's smiling at her, her hair in a tight bun and her light makeup complimenting her face.

"Uhh," Lee hesitates, looking around, "I'm just looking."

"I see, call me if you need any help."

The lady walks away, and Lee sighs to herself, turning around to walk out of the shop, but she thinks again. Perhaps she's overthinking it, and in the end she turns back around and walks to the pretty lady.

"Actually, I think I might use some help."

---

Lee unlocks her house door, walking in with two bags filled with makeup products. She even bought a thing or two for skincare that the lady at the shop said would help with her acne scars. Honestly, she thinks all the things the lady made her buy were only to make her pay that huge amount she paid, but she doesn't care much nowadays about money anymore as she got that job at the supermarket three months ago as a shelf-stacker, and Jungkook decided he's not going to college.

After the fight, they didn't speak much for a few days, only saying things like "did you eat?" And "It's your turn to do the dishes". But it was only for a few days then they went back to normal as if the fight had never happened, and none of them brought it up again.

Jungkook walks down the stairs as Lee heads to the living room, opening the bags and reminding herself with the lady's words about the order in which to apply the products.

"Is that makeup?" Jungkook asks, sitting beside her on the couch and opening an eyeshadow pallete to sniff it. "Smells weird."

Lee snatches it from him. "You don't have to smell everything you see."

He ignores her, grabbing the lipstick and pulling the lid before sniffing it, too. She shakes her head in disappointment and looks away.

"Oh, by the way," He says, putting the lipstick back in the bag and rubbing his thighs in nervousness.

"College applications opened," He says in one breath.

Lee hums. "And? You said you're not going."

"But you want me to go," He says as he tilts his head, his statement sounding more like a question.

"I do," She admits, putting the bags aside, "But it's your life. And I can't force you. You're not a kid anymore, you can think for yourself. And if you regret your choice for any reason, then that's on you."

"Well," Jungkook takes in a breath, "I've been thinking about it a lot and... I'm gonna give it a go."

"For real?" She asks.

He nods.

"You're doing this for yourself, not for me?"

"Yeah," He nods again, "For myself. I've been looking at universities nearby and I found a few that I like. I may go into arts or filming. Interior design doesn't sound bad either. I don't know, I'll apply to all and see what I get."

Lee smiles, ruffling his hair and pulling him in for a quick hug, but Jungkook doesn't pull back, and only hugs her tighter, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Thank you," He says, "For everything. I don't know if I can ever repay you."

"Speaking of repaying me, I know a way you can."

He pulls back. "How?"

"Remember when I told you about that psychiatristㅡ"

"This again," He cuts her off, furrowing his eyebrows in annoyance, "I don't want to go. I'm fine."

"You've been having nightmares for a long time," She says, patting his soft hair, "About our childhood. And the way you can't breathe and shake sometimes, I think they may be some sort of panic attacks. I just want to make sure you're okay. You'll just talk to the doctor, answer some questions, then we'll see what he says. Alright?"

Jungkook doesn't reply, looking down at his hands as he fiddles with his fingers.

"Think about it. Take your time and tell me as soon asㅡ"

"I'll do it," He interrupts, his head still low, "If that's how I can repay you."

"Thank you," She says, patting his head one last time before grabbing the bags and standing up.

"Now, I'm gonna go and try these stuff. Wanna help?" She asks in a playful tone, raising an eyebrow at him.

He looks up and smiles cunningly. "Will you let me put makeup on your face?"

"As long as it's not Halloween makeup," She shrugs, "Show me what you can do, artist Jungkook."

He chuckles, snatching the bags from her hands and running upstairs, and she shakes her head before following him.

---

"Mom!" Jimin calls as he walks in his house, running towards to the living room where he finds his mom sitting on a chair and staring blankly at her feet.

"Mom," He says with a grin as he walks towards her and sits on the ground in front of her, "You won't believe what happened today."

She finally looks at him with a small smile that doesn't reach her eyes. "What?"

"I got in a fight today with the guy who bullied me," He says quickly before she gets to respond, "BUT I kicked his ass so hard, and he won't bother me again. Or anyone else."

"Really?" She says, "That's great. I'm happy for you."

Jimin's smile falls as he looks at her face. "Are you okay? You look a little pale."

"I'm fine," She says, "Did you have dinner yet?"

"Answer me," He says, "What's wrong?"

She blinks, then puts a hand on his, "I was just not feeling well for a while, and I went to a check up at the hospital last week, remember?"

"Yeah," Jimin replies, "You're losing too much weight lately."

"The results came out today, and I have an appointment tomorrow with a doctor to discuss treatment plans."

"For what?"

"Lung cancer," She says.

Jimin's heart drops.

"But it's nothing to worry about," She adds quickly, "They said it's at an early stage and there are several treatment options which are likely to be successful. I didn't tell your dad, yet. He worries too much, you know him."

Jimin doesn't say anything. He doesn't even know what to say. It's like someone ripped his heart right out of his chest, a feeling he's familiar with after losing his mother. Not her, too, he thinks to himself, please not her, too.

He doesn't realise he's crying until he feels her hand wiping the tears on his cheek, and she holds his face in her hands, smiling at him softly.

"I don't want you to worry about me. I'll be okay, I promise. Everything's going to be okay."

"Not you, too," He whispers.

Her heart breaks at his words and she fights back tears. "I'm not going anywhere."

"I'll come with you tomorrow."

"You have school."

"I said I'm coming with you tomorrow," He says, swallowing a lump in his throat.

She purses her lips and nods, pulling him in for a hug.

---

A/N:

I really thought this book would end soon but things keep on popping up and I have to keep up. Now I gotta deal with the lady cuz she decided she has cancer. They're really testing my patience aren't they.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 2.6K 33
You are a nerd that wears big black glasses and started your horrible life in a highschool called BigHit Highschool where you were bullied by a hands...
149K 7.5K 26
{REWRITTEN} Jimin is an omega living in a school of too many alphas. He sucks at reading and can't comprehend it properly. When he gets a "sadist alp...
118K 4.3K 27
Where Park Jimin is just a ordinary 17 yr old that goes to school and is going to graduate soon. He finds himself intrasted in his hot gym teacher. J...
4.3K 226 15
A story of an insecure girl who hates herself, and is throwing herself in to depression. She is all alone and her family kicked her out because she w...