The Heart of Nazarick (Overlo...

By starcreeper101

[Complete!] Miza Akeri, in Yggdrasil known as Ilios, is one of two players left in the Great Tomb of Nazarick... More

Chapter 1: The End
Chapter 2: The Beginning
Chapter 3: The Floor Guardians
Chapter 4: The World Beyond
Chapter 5: What's to be Seen
Chapter 6: The Village Part 1
Chapter 7: The Village Part 2
Chapter 8: Our First Battle
Chapter 9: Spare Change?
Chapter 10: The Rescue Part 1
Chapter 11: The Rescue Part 2
Chapter 12: The Rescue Part 3
Chapter 13: Broken Status Quo
Chapter 14: The Plan
Chapter 15: Pandora's Actor
Chapter 16: Smiles and Tears
Chapter 17: "Civil War" Part 1
Chapter 18: "Civil War" Part 2
Chapter 19: Same as Usual
Chapter 20: Down to Business
Chapter 21: The Lizardmen
Chapter 22: One Hell of a Show
Chapter 23: Sexy Times
Chapter 24: Real Lizardmen Brawl
Chapter 25: Negotiations
Chapter 26: Money Problems
Chapter 27: The Test
Chapter 28: Eight Fingers?
Chapter 30: Aftermath
Chapter 31: Tea with a Monster
Chapter 32: Preparations
Chapter 33: The Rescue Part 1
Chapter 34: The Rescue Part 2
Chapter 35: Losses and Crushes
Chapter 36: Ready Yourselves!
Chapter 37: The Town Part 1
Chapter 38: The Town Part 2
Extra 1: The Supreme Meeting
Chapter 39: The Maids
Chapter 40: Lazy Day
Chapter 41: Happy Tears
Chapter 42: New Ideas
Chapter 43: Return to Carne Village
Chapter 44: Giants and Snakes
Chapter 45: Hanging Around
Chapter 46: The Forest Rulers
Chapter 47: "Duel"
Part 48: Visitation and Meals
Chapter 49: Foresight Returns!
Chapter 50: Poking the Bear
Chapter 51: False Companionship
Chapter 52: Sparring and Sparing
Chapter 53: The Bloody Emperor
Chapter 54: Establishment
Chapter 55: Stalling
Chapter 56: A Deathly Battle
Chapter 57: The Duel Part 1
Chapter 58: The Duel Part 2
Chapter 59: Finale
A/N and Extras

Chapter 29: A Test of Loyalty

683 21 6
By starcreeper101

Here we are. I've freed myself from my fleshy prison and am now sat with Ainz as Ilios.

Ainz: So this is where you've been, Lio.

Ilios: I can exp-

Ainz: Silence. We're not here for you. You'll have the chance to speak after this is over.

I guess I'll have to bite my tongue and bide my time here. Now we're just waiting for-

There's a knock on the door. That must be her and Solution. She opens the door.

Solution: I have brought her, my lord.

Ainz: Come in Tuare. I wish to see Sebas' human pet with my own eyes.

She looks frightened but steps forward anyways. She kinda looks like Ninya.

Ainz: Good. You didn't run.

Demiurge: On your-

Ainz: No. Controls spells are unnecessary. I will permit her in décorum as a sign of respect for her bravery. I am Ainz Ooal Gown. You'd do well to remember it, for I am the master of everyone here...including Sebas.

Tuare: Uhh, right!

Ainz: Now then...Sebas. I thought I instructed you to avoid drawing attention.

Sebas: Yes.

Ainz: Nonetheless, you have out forth calamity for the sake of this no-account woman. Am I wrong?

Sebas: Forgive me, Lord Ainz. I am deeply sorry that my indiscretion has caused you trouble. Nothing like this will happen again on my watch. You have my word.

Ainz: Enough. Everyone makes mistakes, including me. Be at ease. This blunder is trivial, so I will forgive it.

Sebas: Thank you, lord. I am most grateful.

Sebas and Tuare bow.

Ainz: However, you must still make amends with your error. Kill her.

Sebas looks shocked.

Sebas: My lord, is that necessary?

Ilios: Ainz, wait! We don't have to-

Ainz: I SAID SILENCE, WOMAN! Now, are you a loyal dog that serves me-the 41, or a stray that follows its own will? Think hard before you answer.

Sebas: Well I-

Ainz: Not with words, fool. Show me through your actions.

Tuare steps away from Sebas and looks up at him. She gives a small smile and closes her eyes, lifting up her chin. I'm curled up in my chair, anticipation bringing me to the edge of my seat.

Sebas goes to punch her, but Cocytus blocks his fist! A large blowing wind whips around the room from the impact.

Sebas: What is this?!

Ainz: Step away, Sebas!

Sebas: Wait-...lord.

He does so, maintaining his composure again.

Ainz: Cocytus, would you say he deliberately put enough force within that attack to kill this girl?

Cocytus: Without a doubt, lord.

Ainz: In that case, I take it as undeniable proof that Sebas' loyalty is genuine. This pleases me to no end.

Sebas: Lord.

He and Tuare bow once more.

Ainz: Ilios, I believe you had something to say?

Ilios: Yes. While working with Sebas, I came to the conclusion that he was as loyal as ever and keeping the woman from harm is the result of his karma. It wasn't his own fault and he'll always stay true to you and Nazarick. However, I never got the opportunity to voice my opinion since it would no doubt mess up the results of the test.

Ainz: I see. Speak up next time. Now, let's move onto the next topic. After an in-depth assessment, I believe you've gathered sufficient information. I've decided to vacate this mansion and return to Nazarick. As punishment for not telling me anything, Ilios will stay here to watch over you. As for the fate of the woman, give me some time. I do not think death will be necessary, but I'm not yet certain of jt. Demiurge, I will be taking Victim back with me.

Demiurge: Right.

With Victim in hand, Ainz uses his over-the-top showman voice, doing a spin.

Ainz: Greater Teleportation!

The room is quiet for a bit before Sebas speaks up.

Sebas: All of this has taken a toll on her. I think it would be best if she returned to her room. Since there's no longer an issue, I will escort her there myself, with your permission of course, Lord Demiurge.

Demiurge: I suppose. Do what you must, Sebas.

Ilios: Hi Demi! Thanks for preparing my room! I knew I recognized that scent anywhere. Take care and give yourself a break once in a while, okay? It's not an order, but a suggestion out of care.

Demiurge: Y-yes, my lady. I believe I am scheduled for a "break" soon after we discuss the aftermath of this discussion. Stay safe, not that I doubt your capabilities.

I wave to him and follow Sebas and Tuare eavesdropping on them.

Sebas: I do not intend to apologize, but I am certain that if I had gone about this in a different way, I would not have to break my promise to you now.

Tuare: What are you telling me?

Sebas: To go and live a happy life in the world of humans. Lord Ainz should be able to erase all your bad memories. You could start over, live free and happy.

Tuare: But what about you?

Sebas: I think it's best if you forget me as well. After all, there's nothing good about me to remember.

Tuare: What do you mean "nothing good"? The only reason I'm happy is because I'm with you! Don't you see that? This is the first home I haven't thought of as hell. You gave me meals, a warm bed, and a decent, rewarding job.

I transform into my Finch form, continuing to listen.

I was born and raised in a small farming village, you see. My life was as difficult in there as the brothel. We would tend to the fields with empty stomachs and dry throats, only for the feudal lord to take away most of our crop yield. Those of us who didn't starve went mad with hunger. Not to mention, the way our lord treated us as personal playthings. Even as I screamed, he would laugh as he was violating me! He laughed-

Sebas brought her into a hug.

Sebas: All right. You made me a little deaf.

Tuare: I would rather remember and be killed by your hand. At least I would die having felt warmth and happiness for a time.

Sebas: Tuare, I will ask permission to take you back with me, if that's truly what you wish.

Tuare: Thank you, Lord Sebas.

Sebas: But first I must ask: Do you have any attachment to the world of humans?

Tuare: I would.. kind of like to see my younger sister again one day, but my desire to not remember my painful past far outweighs any other desires I may have.

Sebas: Very well then. Go. Rest in your room. I will go to Lord Ainz again and make my request.

Finch: That's not needed.

I get their attention.

Finch: Since I have the highest authority, on par with Ainz-bro himself, I will make the request. He'll have to listen to me then.

Tuare: Kay.

She suddenly turns to Sebas and kisses him on the lips, high on her toes. When she comes back down she's blushing.

Tuare: That tickled my chin. I've never had a happy kiss. Thanks for that.

After dropping her off, we walk back to the room.

Ilios: Ainz-bro, I'm definitely keeping the woman alive. She reminds me too much of Ninya in facial structure and features. Is that alright?

Ainz: ...Okay, fine. But don't let anyone else know. I want to look like I'm seriously thinking it over, but I agree with you 100%.

Ilios: Thanks! Consider the bag of money I gave to you as a trade-off then. No need to pay me back.

We make it to the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 409 19
Momonga has a son named (Y/N) IRL. He took care of him ever since his GF died while in child birth. When his son was 10 Momonga showed him a DMMO-RPG...
13.2K 452 63
The entirety of Ainz Ooal Gown, all 41 members, find themselves transported into a whole new world on the last day of Yggdrasil. How will a guild of...
50.8K 840 23
YGGRASIL, a game that the entire world know is coming to its end after a long 12 years of beloved memories but one of the Original Guilds had stayed...
756 11 4
Alex Jones is one of the 42 members in great tomb of nazarick in yggdrasil, and was one of the strongest member of the group. His whole character was...