MUST HAVE BEEN THE WIND | JIK...

By miniekins

Jimin tries to run from the fact that his psychotic ex-boyfriend is back in town and harassing him. But it do... More

CHP 1 × DISCLAIMERS
CHP 2
CHP 3
CHP 4
CHP 5
CHP 6
CHP 7
CHP 8
CHP 9
CHP 10
CHP 11
CHP 12
CHP 13
CHP 14
CHP 15
CHP 16
CHP 17
CHP 18
CHP 19
CHP 20
CHP 21
CHP 22
CHP 23
CHP 24
CHP 25
CHP 26
CHP 27
CHP 28
CHP 29
CHP 30
CHP 31
CHP 32
CHP 33
CHP 34
CHP 36
CHP 37
CHP 38
CHP 39
CHP 40
CHP 41
CHP 42
CHP 43
CHP 44
CHP 45 [FINALE]
EPILOGUE

CHP 35

8.7K 607 221
By miniekins

Last night was probably the nicest Jimin has slept in awhile, knowing that Jeongguk is okay. He twists his head to the right and smiles softly seeing Taehyung next to him.

Sleeping without another person by his side is difficult so he's happy that the man complied - well, rather insisted before the idea was even brought into light.

Jimin sits up slowly. He reaches over and brushes some of Taehyung's sleepy curls out of his closed eyes. He watches as the man's nose twitches and he chuckles softly.

He finally stands up and stretches his arms into the air, a yawn crawling up his throat. The sun filters in through the parted curtains and gently paints the side of his face as he rubs at his eyes. Jimin then orients himself and works Jeongguk's hoodie over his torso.

Jimin quietly leaves the bedroom and patters down the stairs, finding Namjoon sat at the kitchen table, sipping on a warm cup of coffee while scrolling through his phone. He clears his throat quietly and the man looks at him.

"Ah, Jimin. Did you sleep okay?" he questions while placing his phone down.

He nods his head. "Yeah, I did... sorry for stealing Taehyung," he murmurs with evident guilt as his shoulders slump.

Namjoon chuckles and his dimples show. "He can sleep next to you as long as you need him, okay? We're all in this together. And in fact we've gotten a lead on Kai," he announces.

Jimin's mouth parts in shock. He hurries to the kitchen table and takes a seat, eyes imploring while he stares into the dragon-like shape of Officer Kim's.

"A lead?" he repeats, hopeful gaze enlarged.

Namjoon nods his head in a preening manner and lands his mug against the table with a solid thud. He folds his arms over the smooth surface while honing in on Jimin's look of anticipation.

"Early this morning a witness claimed they saw Kai close by the outskirt of the city scoping out old abandoned warehouses. They've sent some of our men undercover to sweep the area. He's still here and we're closer to finding him," Namjoon explains.

Jimin should probably feel thankful for such a revelation however his blood runs cold and his skin falls ashen. Why would Kai be exploring old abandoned warehouses? The possibilities are endless and in fact have his head spinning. So much so that he's teetering in his seat and Officer Kim is given no choice but to round the kitchen table and stabilize him.

"Jimin, are you okay?" Namjoon asks the moment he crouches down in front of him, complexion now painted over completely with worry rather than triumph.

The blond nods his head. "I'm okay... just... why old abandoned warehouses? Do you think he's planning something? Have you guys investigated inside of them yet?" he piles on question after question.

Namjoon stands up to cup Jimin's face softly, successfully capturing his attention. "Listen to me. Don't worry about it, okay? It's our job and it's that way for a reason. We know what we're doing but we can't move in just yet. There's a possibility he could come back," he mentions.

Jimin blinks at him and swallows thickly. He knows Namjoon is right. He nods his head and soon large hands fall from his face. The policeman gives the blond a sympathetic look and returns to his seat at the other side of the table.

The kitchen is silent now, save for the sound of brewing coffee. Jimin fiddles with his fingers and peers up the moment Taehyung's figure lingers into his vision. The man walks to the coffee machine and poors himself a hot cup, taking a seat next to Namjoon.

"Have either of you eaten anything yet?" he asks tenderly, blowing cool air into his coffee.

"I haven't eaten anything yet and neither has Jimin. I've been sorting through my emails all morning," Namjoon says.

Taehyung frowns first but it soon tilts into a smile. "How about we pick something up? We can grab something for Jeongguk too and visit him at the hospital," he suggests.

Jimin visibly perks up at the mere mention of seeing Officer Jeon. He nods his head with fervor and his smile reaches his ears.

"Then it's settled. Just let me get ready and I can drive us there," Taehyung furthers and stands from his spot at the kitchen table, retreating upstairs.

Jimin sighs contentedly, pulling the collar of his hoodie up to his nose. He saw Jeongguk just yesterday but it's never too early to see him again, especially when it seems like the world is trying to tear them apart.

Eventually the crimson haired male comes back down the stairs, changed out of his pajamas. The sound of keys jingling is like music to the blond's ears as follows behind Taehyung and is sandwiched in by Namjoon. All three of them climb into the vehicle and Jimin almost forgets about Haechan but remembers that the teenager's suspension ended today.

He snuggles in to the back seat, Taehyung behind the wheel and Namjoon in the passenger seat. They stop at a breakfast diner by the name of Sunnyside Up and grab some takeout, back on the road and toward the hospital. The whole way there, Jimin is staring out the window, resting his chin in his palm.

He finds himself studying the people walking the streets and falling into a deep state of admiration as well as envy. The fact that they get to go out without fear and do the things that they love has a lump building up in his throat. They don't have to constantly look over their shoulders or wonder who's going to be behind the next corner. It's serenity in it's simplest of form - doing the most mundane of things - and yet he misses it with his whole heart.

Eventually they show up at the hospital and Jimin is basically stepping on his own heels as he hurries into the large, monotone building. Namjoon and Taehyung are close behind him, making sure he doesn't seep from their line of sight.

Jimin talks to the receptionist at the front desk and shines her a smile as he notifies her of their intention to visit Jeongguk. She reflects the affable expression and grants them permission. The moment she does the blond walks swiftly to the policeman's hospital room with his breakfast in hand, unaware of the hastle he's putting both Namjoon and Taehyung in as they lag behind.

As soon as he reaches the general ward he knocks softly on his door with his free hand, hearing a soft beckon from the other side. He pulls it open and nearly melts at the sight of Jeongguk sitting upright in the hospital bed the way that he is. His brown curls sit disarray on his head and his cheeks are slightly puffed out - most likely from having woken up not too long ago. His doe eyes are large and glisten with petulant need the moment he sees Jimin standing the doorway.

"Angel," Jeongguk murmurs softly.

Jimin curls his lips in and places the food to the side for now. He walks up to the policeman's bedside and takes a seat on the hospital chair, looking at him fondly.

"How've you been, Ggukie?" the blond replies and his lips form a tenderly tugged smile.

"Better now that you're here," Jeongguk says with a sappiness that has Jimin giggling softly into his sweater paw.

"That's good to hear. Namjoon Hyung, Taehyung and I brought some breakfast for you," he states while briefly peering over his shoulder at the cute packaging filled with pancakes.

"Where are they?" the policeman asks.

Jimin scrunches his nose. "I think they decided to give us some privacy... I don't know. I thought they were following me," he mutters.

Jeongguk chuckles. "Are they looking after you okay? I know it's only been one night but it feels like it's been forever."

The blond hums and nods his head. "They are. Haechan is also doing better. I talked to him and things are turning up," he preens.

Jimin expects an answer after that but all that follows is silence. Jeongguk is staring at him - no, admiring him. The blond's smile soon falters and his lips part in confusion.

"Do I have something on my face?" he mumbles as he brings his hands up to thoroughly inspect all aspects of his soft complexion.

"...You just seem happier. Well, that and you're beautiful," Jeongguk adds in with ease.

Jimin's cheeks dust over with a pretty shade of pink and his face heats up. He hides away in his hands but gasps very softly the moment fingers barely ghost his own. He's slowly pulling his hands away from his face, staring into Jeongguk's attentive eyes.

"Gguk," the blond whispers.

The policeman is watching every small shift in Jimin's expression as he very slowly intertwines their fingers. His thumb begins to run up and down his knuckles, touch feathery along his dainty skin. The blond can feel something familiar bubbling up inside of him. It's a longing he's almost strayed from entirely and for the first time in a long time, he catches himself staring at Jeongguk's lips, yearning.

"Have you taken my sweater off at all?" Officer Jeon questions, loosening Jimin from his blatant state of admiration.

"Only sometimes... I don't feel safe without it," he replies.

Jeongguk hums and runs his tongue over his lips. And there Jimin goes once again, staring at them and their anew shimmery state. He doesn't realize how brazen he's being and moves from the chair, taking a seat on the bed. He swallows roughly as his grip tightens around the policeman's hand. All of the sudden he's growing nervous and can't quite quell the jittery sensation no matter how hard he tries to block it out.

"...What's on your mind, Angel?" Jeongguk asks, very well noticing the change in the blond's expression.

Jimin sweeps his tongue over his lips. His throat is running dry. Why does this feel like the first time? He's nervous because he knows that he wants this but can't quite figure out if it's still too early. He's frustrated with himself because he still wants so much more but his past is still very much present.

"...Officer, I want to kiss you again," he finally murmurs.

Jeongguk gulps and the action is visible as his adams apple bobs in his throat. The blond watches closely how the policeman's catering gaze trickles into a state of fear and perhaps hesitation. But as his hand envelopes all of Jimin's, the emotions displayed are at conflict.

Jimin pulls on his bottom lip and very slowly inches closer to Jeongguk. He moves his hand out placidly, starting at the fingertips of his other hand. He's watching Jeongguk very closely as he begins to run his fingers up his arm until they're nuzzled in his brown hair at the back of his head.

He can feel his own heart beating sporadically in his chest and as he looks into Jeongguk's eyes it's as if he can almost see he's enduring the same flurry of tucked away emotions. And so Jimin slowly moves his hand from the back of his head to his heart, confirming his suspicions.

"...I don't want to scare you away, Jimin... please," Jeongguk whispers and there's a certain kind of flicker in his eyes. The blond comes to the realiztion that Officer Jeon is more scared about the chance of hurting Jimin rather than the knife he took to his stomach.

"You won't scare me away. I promise," Jimin clarifies and takes one scoot closer until their faces are a couple feet apart.

The blond slowly begins to lean in and as he does, the hand flattened against Jeongguk's chest begins to tremble. But immediately after another much larger hand is placed on top of his own, stilling the insistence of it's movement.

Their breaths coalesce and as their lips brush, Jimin is brought back to the electrifying rush of their first kiss in the classroom. He can feel his arms speckle with goosebumps and soon they close the gap, savouring the sweet taste of one another.

It's filled with undeniable amounts of passion as their lips move smoothly against each other. Jeongguk's hand wraps around Jimin's and the blond whines softly in bliss, feeling his head spin at the taste he missed and longed so badly for.

As no words are suitable enough in describing his state of peaceful serenity, the moment they part, Jimin leans in to hug Jeongguk as delicately as he can, minding his wound. His small fingers ball up the man's hospital gown and he rests his chin on his shoulder. The tears and small, spaced out, choked up sobs he tried so desperately to keep at bay are now leaving him. He cries gently into the man's neck.

He's relieved. He's thankful and he's finally at peace.

"Thank you f-for believing in me. For being m-my shield. I'd be lost without you," Jimin weeps quietly.

Jeongguk too can feel himself choking up as he holds the back of Jimin's head, fingers carding through his golden locks.

"You're worth fighting for, my little Angel."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 4.5K 38
Jimin: it hurts to see you with someone else kookie Jungkook : miniee guess what ? *bunny smile* Jimin : what is it kookie *smiles* Jungkook : i am i...
263K 13.6K 36
Park Jimin's sister logs into his instagram account, only to stalk her college heart-throb, Jeon Jungkook. She ends up liking one of his old pictures...
549K 33.4K 35
Being raised by extremely homophobic parents his whole life, all Park Jimin has come to learn is that homosexual relationships are considered to be u...
926K 53.7K 109
Be careful. He can see you. Highest rankings: #638 in Fanfiction, Tags: #40 in Psycho, #59 in Obsession #21 in Creepy #43 in Suspense #96 in Yandere ...