Little Soldier Boy (Iroh II)

By Victoria101601

Prince Iroh II always had fantastic grandparents, a loving mother, a father that did everything possible for... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Epilogue

1.9K 39 7
By Victoria101601

"Ladies and Gentlemen of Republic City," The Council Chairwoman said. "I proudly present our newest General."

The man in red that was standing a few feet back took a step forward briefly, before returning to his upright posture.

"Not only our newest General, but a brave young man who, in two short years, has climbed the ranks and become our youngest General in United Forces History."

The soldier squared his shoulders.

"I present, General Iroh," The woman said, gesturing to the soldier in red.

Iroh stepped forward and the Council clapped, which quickly ignited the crowd with a thunder roll of clapping.

Iroh held down a laugh when he heard Bumi's adrenaline powered cheer from just off stage.

"Commander Bumi," Tenzin said. "Would you please do the honors?"

"Gladly councilman Windbag," Bumi said, walking up the steps.

He walked to Iroh, pride engulfing his eyes.

Iroh couldn't help but smile, relieved his father wasn't angry that he was now above the older man.

"Congrats Little Dragon," Bumi whispered, attaching a pin to Iroh's coat. "You earned it."

"Thanks Dad," Iroh smiled weakly.

Bumi saluted him.

Iroh returned it.

Bumi marched to the other end of the stage and stood at attention.

"Is there anything you'd like to say General?" The chairwoman asked.

Iroh looked at the crowd seeing all the familiar faces.

"I would like to say," Iroh raised his head. "I didn't make it here on my own. In this crowd, I see many faces of the people who, during my time in service, have been my greatest allies. They taught me a lot during our time out on the open sea."

He looked to his friends, who sat together in the middle of the crowd.

"And I wouldn't trade a single moment for anything," He smiled.

They all returned the smile.

Iroh looked to his family, feeling his heart swell when he saw Suki sitting in their Grandfather's lap.

Zuko held his hands around her and kissed her cheek.

Suki smiled wide, waving enthusiastically when she realized he was looking at them.

He laughed weakly, raising his hand in return.

"I would also like to thank my family for their unconditional support. My first deployment didn't exactly go as anticipated, I'll admit, I ran away because I was afraid of what they would think of me becoming a soldier, but, I'm happy to say, they are always supporting me even when I wasn't expecting it."

"He's talking about me!" Suki called out, creating a chorus of laughter from the crowd.

"That's my baby sister everybody," Iroh smiled. "My biggest supporter since the night I left. She's a smart little girl, full of surprises. One of which being, she's already halfway to her Master Airbender tattoos."

The crowd clapped for the girl.

"At least one of us will be a master of something!" Suki stuck her tongue out.

Iroh snorted, covering his mouth.

"Don't worry ladies, he's taken already," Suki teased.

Bumi threw his head back and laughed.

"Could we wrap this up, please?" The chairwoman asked.

"Of course," Iroh saluted her. "Thank you all for this honor."

The council nodded to him.

Iroh and Bumi exited the stage.

They headed out of the building.

Iroh's family and friends met them outside.

Suki ran to her brother and jumped into his arms.

Iroh hugged her tight, "I've missed you Kitty."

"I missed you too Roro," Suki pressed her cheek to his.

He smiled. He set her down, hugging the rest of the family.

"We're so proud of you Iroh," Zuko smiled at his grandson.

"Thank you grandfather," Iroh bowed to him.

"Congrats Dragon Prince," Sin said, walking to him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him.

"Shield your eyes little warrior!" Bumi wrapped the flaps of his jacket around Suki's head.

Suki laughed, "Daddy, I'm ten!"

"No, you're eight and you will always be eight," Bumi kissed her head.

She smiled, holding his arms.

Izumi smiled at her husband and daughter.

"Guess you're really ditching us," Pelo teased.

Nin grabbed his hand, "We could always apply for First Division."

"We need Iroh!" Chi smiled.

"I've already applied," Cho raised his hand.

Hano hooked his arm around Cho's neck and touched their heads together, "He convinced me to apply with him."

Kayoda punched his arm, "Why didn't you tell me! I'm applying next chance I get."

"I'm in if you guys are," Yuku shrugged.

"Good, you already have half your crew," Mai teased.

Iroh smiled, "I hope so. I'd love to keep you guys in my fleet."

"Can't you control it too?" Izumi asked.

Iroh shook his head, "Unfortunately not. Everyone is placed by skill, they can apply, but nothing is guaranteed."

Izumi nodded.

"Are we still going to Airtemple Island?" Suki asked suddenly.

"Yeah," Iroh nodded. "Grandpa and Gran-Gran wanted me to visit before I set out.

"Then let's go!" Suki ran for the docks to board the ferry.

Everyone quickly followed the Airbender.

After a short ride, they arrived at the island.

"Roro!" Suki squealed as she jumped off the boat. "Roro!"

"What Kitty?" He chuckled when she suddenly latched onto his waist as they headed for the temple.

"You're an uncle!"

Everyone, including Bumi and Izumi, looked at her with mixed emotions of shock, concern, and just plain confusion.

Suki started pulling him, "Come on! Come on! I want you to meet her!"

Iroh followed, as well as the rest of the group.

Suki dragged him all the way to the bison stables.

They met Avatar Aang and his bison Appa.

Suki let go of Iroh and ran to one of the stables. She opened the gate and ran inside.

Aang took the chance to hug his grandson and Iroh happily returned it.

After a moment, Suki emerged, riding a baby bison that was the perfect size for the ten year old.

Iroh smiled wide, "Look at that."

Suki slid off the creature, "Iroh, meet Suni."

"Hi there," Iroh crouched down and touched the bison's head.

"Suni, this is your Uncle Iroh," Suki said to the bison.

Suni rolled onto her back and Iroh rubbed her belly.

"She likes you!" Suki squealed. "She still doesn't let Grandpa Aang do that!"

"So you're not the animal whisperer you thought you were," Bumi teased his father.

Aang smiled faintly, "Your Gran-Gran has dinner ready. We thought you would like a home cooked meal before you head out."

"Thank you Grandpa Aang," Iroh bowed.

They went to the temple and Iroh was immediately wrapped in a hug.

"Hi Aunt Kya," Iroh hugged her. "I didn't know you were going to be here."

"I would've been to your ceremony, but I got caught up," Kya smiled. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you," Iroh hugged her again and everyone took a place at the table.

"Now you can get rid of that stupid haircut, Roro!" Suki smiled.

"Kitty, this is a new haircut," Iroh said, pointing at his slightly grown out hair.

After he hit a rank where he could do anything with his hair, he started trying new styles.

"Oh," Suki responded. "Then change it."

Iroh looked at her exasperated as the rest of the table laughed.

They all ate, sharing laughter and joyous stories.

Iroh was disappointed when he had to leave.

Everyone went with him to the docks.

Both sets of his grandparents, his mother, and Suki all remained on the docks after a long goodbye.

Iroh looked at his ship, then to Bumi's as his friends and his father boarded their ship.

"You can always find a way to contact us," Izumi assured.

Iroh nodded, "I love you all."

"We love you too," Zuko smiled.

Iroh looked across all their faces and his eyes fell to Suki when he noticed the tears in her eyes.

He walked to her and knelt down, "What's wrong?"

She shrugged, "I don't want you to go."

Iroh frowned, "You never had a problem with me going before."

"Before, we were in the palace, n-now I'm here," She rubbed her eyes. "And you're out there. And--And--"

"Hey," He cupped her cheeks. "I miss you too."

Suki's bottom lip quivered and she threw her arms around her brother.

He hugged her tight.

Iroh gently pulled away to look at her, "Hey, can I give you a mission."

"A-Affirmative," She saluted weakly.

Iroh smiled and reached into his pocket, "I don't want to lose this, and I know it'll be safe with you."

Suki watched as Iroh pulled out a small circular chip.

He held it to her and she took it hesitantly.

"You're White Lotus tile?" Suki looked at him, tears still in her eyes. "But you don't go anywhere without it. It's your lucky tile."

"I don't need it," Iroh smiled. "I have another good luck charm."

He pulled a piece of paper out of the pocket on his chest and showed her.

"That's the picture I sent when Daddy asked me to write you," Suki said, looking at her eight year old self dressed as a Kyoshi warrior.

Suki slowly grew out of her Kyoshi obsession after coming to train with her Grandpa, but she still had a little wooden Kyoshi on her nightstand that Iroh gave her from their father's cousin Yue.

"Can I count on you to keep this safe?" Iroh asked her.

Suki saluted, "Affirmative General Roro."

He smiled and kissed her cheek before letting her go.

Suki hugged him once more.

"One more for the road," She said, remaining latched to his waist.

Iroh hugged her back.

Suki walked to the rest of the family when Iroh turned around. She tucked the tile into her pocket, suddenly feeling secure and safe.

Iroh took a deep breath and boarded his ship, starting to give orders.

Soon, the boat left the docks.

General Iroh stood at the bow as the ship disappeared into the night blackened sea.

******

Thank you everyone for reading!

This is the first book I've ever completed and I'm very proud of it! So, thank you everyone who joined on my adventure with Iroh!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276K 8K 33
Book 2! Iroh left you with these words: "Make the choice now, before you become attached. Lose the child now, or risk loving them with all of your he...
34.9K 811 12
Y/N Seang, a noble girl daughter to one of the most important clan in the Fire Nation, is a girl who grew up learning the way of fire. As the people...
513K 12.3K 60
Katzumi the Third born to Fire Lord Ozai, she had a peaceful soul along with her brother Zuko before Ozai badly burned him and banished Zuko. Katzumi...
65.4K 1.1K 41
| zuko {a:tla} 1 water & fire don't usually mix but maybe this time it does - in which the daughter of a water tribe general is taken by the prince...