《BFF》|| taekook ✔️

By x13434o

In which Taehyung falls for his best friend. "Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but fa... More

Prologue
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
New Book
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 65

6.8K 281 264
By x13434o

"So, what do you say? Pink shirt or white shirt?"
A slightly nervous blonde boy walked around his room in circles while clutching his mobile phone tightly in both his hands, an exasperated sigh leaving his mouth.

"Depends on what shade of pink. And what kind of family," a voice rung from the other side of the line, the blonde thinking silently for a while.

"Um, it's, like, pastel pink. It's really pretty, with lots of lace and some glitter on it. But then again, I don't know. I'm supposed to be there as their son's boyfriend and not some sort of overdressed fairy princess. Oh, the Jeons are the nicest people you could ever meet, by the way," he then rambled enthusiastically, still in a dilemma whether to wear or not to wear the pink shirt.

"Mrs. Jeon was the first person I came out to. It's like she saw something in me and she knows exactly what's going on inside me. Mother-in-law goals, I swear. And Mr. Jeon isn't home much because of his work, but when he is, he's super friendly and nice. He was really supportive of our relationship, which neither of us expected. He's amazing, I wish my father could be like that too..." He drifted off, rummaging further through his closet and now looking for pants.

"Holes or no holes?"
The person on the other line let out a sound of utter confusion.
"Huh?"

"I have two pairs of trousers. Black, ripped jeans and kind-of highwaisted, also black ones." Taehyung held both of the clothing pieces in the air, steadying his phone by smushing it between his jaw and shoulder.
"You know the rules. Never wear anything with holes in it when you meet the parents."

"That's a shit rule, Yoongi. Everyone should be able to wear what they want. But yeah, I think the other ones look better, anyway." The boy shrugged, throwing the other pair into the closet again and forcing himself into the high-waisted pants while putting Yoongi on speaker.

"Yeah. Honestly, I don't think you need to be worried or nervous at all. From what I've heard, the whole family loves you to death and there's literally nothing you could do wrong. Didn't you spend practically your whole life with them by your side? Just be yourself as always, that's the best you could do. And wear the pink shirt. White's boring and I think you'd look good in a pink, lacey shirt."

"Awh, thanks," the blonde cooed, blowing kisses at his phone though he knew the other wouldn't see.
"I mean, I was Jungkook's best friend my whole life long and suddenly I am his boyfriend, even though it's the same parents, it's a different feeling. I mean, we're committed to each other and that's a big deal. But I'm probably getting nervous over nothing. Make-up or no make-up?," he asked as soon as he had changed into the pink shirt.

"Hm, I'd say a very subtle amount. So they know you're making an effort? Some blush, mascara and highlighter, maybe. With some lip tint. And definetely concealer," the younger boy advised on the other line, making Taehyung nod and smile while searching for his mother's make-up kit.

"Thank you, Yoongi. You're amazing for helping me. And you sound like you have knowledge about cosmetics. Do you have a sister?," he asked, fishing the concealer tube out of the kit.

"I have an older brother, but he's already twenty-eight and he works at some law firm. But, well, I had a lot of piano recitals last year, like, super prestigious ones. Piano competitions, even. My mom did my make-up because she thought I looked too pale and 'dead inside' and the audience wouldn't approve of that. Well, it helped with the audience, I give her that," the younger answered, Taehyung listening attentively while applying the concealer under his eyes with a brush.

"Wow Yoongi, that sounds exciting. If you have a recital or a competition again, you need to invite me!" The younger on the other line chuckled nervously.

"Thank you. I mean, if you wanna come... I'll tell my parents to save a seat. But let's not talk about me, you're about to have dinner with your boyfriend's parents officially for the first time." The blonde hummed, eyeing himself in the mirror to see whether he was too dolled up or not dolled up enough, and was glad to say that he had found a good balance.

"Thank you, Yoongi. I'm gonna have to hang up soon but I so appreciate your help, I was nervous so it was good to have someone to talk to," he thanked, smiling fondly as he coated his eyelashes with the mascara brush which accentuated his pretty eyes perfectly.

"I'm ready," he told himself, bidding goodbye to Yoongi before hanging up and putting on his finest shoes.

He was ready, indeed.

°○●○●○°

As the blonde boy rang the doorbell, he could hear emerge towards him almost immediately.

"Oh, Taehyungie!," Mrs. Jeon's voice suddenly exclaimed, the woman beaming at him with her two front teeth sticking out slightly.

"Come inside, sweetie. You look so pretty, Jungkookie's gonna faint!," she laughed, pulling him into a warm hug and leading him inside with a smile.
"Thank you, Mrs. Jeon," the boy said shyly, feeling his cheeks heat up slightly.

As soon as he entered the Jeons' house, he came to face with Mr. Jeon, the man smiling at him in a welcoming manner and patting his shoulder.
"Welcome again, Taehyung. You look amazing. Jungkook needs to see this." He then turned his head towards the stairs, grinning.
"Hey Jungkook, someone's here for you!"

(A/N: can i just say i love the jeons so much, i wish my future parents-in-law could be like that shdjsjjs)

And almost instantly, a raven-haired figure sprinted down the stairs, abruptly stopping right in front of him.
In front of him stood a slightly panting, very dashing and very happy-looking Jungkook who immediately cupped his cheeks and pecked his lips very sweetly, completely ignoring the fact that his parents were standing only a few feet away from them.

"Baby," he whispered, his eyes twinkling.
"You're here." Intertwining their hands, he smiled happily.
When he started peppering kisses all over the blonde's very embarrassed face, he could hear his father clearing his throat behind them.
"Uh... son? We should start eating."

Laughing softly, the ravenette stopped his assault on his boyfriend's face, grabbing his wrist and leading him into the dining room.
"You seem so tense, it's cute. But relax, you've known my parents since you were a toddler. You look... ravishing, by the way," he whispered into Taehyung's ear, tilting his head so he could reach it better.
"You don't look too bad yourself."

Taking their seats, the two of them smiled at each other fondly, Taehyung leaning his head on Jungkook's shoulder and Jungkook leaning his head atop Taehyung's.

"You kids are like magnets. Whenever I see you, you're basically glued to each other," Mr. Jeon stated as soon as he entered, however, smiling at the sweet, affectionate couple.
"I haven't seen him for a long time!," the ravenette defended himself.

"Two days, Jungkook. Two days..."

"They're so cute, honey. Just like we were in high school," Mrs. Jeon sighed, watching them with fondness in her doe eyes.
"Lovebirds, I'm sorry but we'll have to start eating or the food will get cold. I made some Japchae and don't worry about eating too much, I made enough for everyone. Later on, you can have some strawberry cake, I made it just this morning." She grinned, Taehyung squealing in delight as he heard the words 'strawberry cake'.

The dinner was going fantastically.
While Mr. Jeon asked some questions about their grades and school activities, Mrs. Jeon asked them about how they fell in love, how they got together and how they realized they had feelings for each other. Besides, the food was delicious.

Anywhere else, Taehyung would've felt like he was being interrogated, but he felt so comfortable and free with the Jeons, he could answer every question truthfully and with a genuine smile on his face.

That was, until Mrs. Jeon asked him that one specific question.

"What do you plan on doing in the future?" The blonde boy, who was about to stick his fork into the last bits of his piece of strawberry cake, froze.

That word. Future.
It terrified them, both of them.
Because frankly, they had absolutely no idea.

Taehyung had been so preoccupied being the top student his whole life, he never had the time for a proper hobby. Was there even anything he wanted to do?

And Jungkook had always had so many hobbies and passions, picking out one thing that he was qualified for would be extremely difficult.

"I... don't know," the blonde then said, his eyes cast downwards.
"I've never thought of it. My whole life, I've never had the time for a hobby or a passion. I mean, I've considered some things, but I'm obviously not sure."

"For example, I could be a Chemistry teacher. Chemistry would be my favourite subject if it weren't for our cruel teacher and I really, really like kids. And I like helping people," he then said, all the Jeons listening attentively.

"If you were a Chemistry teacher, I would definetely retake Chemistry," Jungkook spoke with a cheeky smile.

"And I would fail you. You're horrible at Chemistry, no wonder you didn't take it this year!," Taehyung answered just as cheekily.

"Then I would pay you a visit after class and change your mind," the ravenette whispered, moving his face closer to the other's and entangling a hand in his hair.

"Um. Guys? We're still here, you know... Let's get back to topic," Mrs. Jeon took the initiative which resulted in the two of them drifting apart with rosy cheeks and nervous smiles.

"I think I've asked my son a million times what he wants to do when he's older and I think he still doesn't know," she sighed.
"But that's not my fault, I just like doing a lot of things at once and I don't know which ones could be helpful for a career path...," her son defended herself.

"Sweetie, I never said it was. There's just so many things you love to do and that's fine. Sports, dancing, singing, drawing or taking videos, I don't think there's a single thing you can't do. Except for Chemistry, maybe. Just-- try to imagine yourself in the future and the one thing that makes your heart race could be the thing made for you," she stated, stinging her fork into her second piece of cake.

"So, Taehyung, where would you go to college? Seoul or Busan, Daegu maybe? I told Jungkook to take Seoul since it's close but since it's prestigious here, it could be hard to get accepted. But Taehyung, you could make it here somewhere if you wanted to. What do you think?" The blonde froze again, a feeling of anxiety spreading throughout his body.

I don't even know which city I'm getting shipped off to. Screw that, I don't even know which state. What's it gonna be, New York, Florida, Texas? Or Georgia? I don't know!

"Umm, I think I'll just apply at different universities around the... country and I'll just go wherever I get accepted...?," he answered, his answer sounding more like a question than an answer. He hoped no one would see how his mood came crashing down instantly at this moment.

"That makes sense. I just hope you guys won't be far away from each other, that's the most important thing," Mrs. Jeon stated, her husband nodding. She did notice Taehyung's expression drop as soon as she mentioned universities but decided not to say anything.

Under the table, said boy could feel his boyfriend's hand search his hand and pull it on his lap, intertwining their fingers and squeezing it gently.

"It's going to be fine," the ravenette mouthed, running his thumb over the older's skin.

And little did Taehyung know, said ravenette felt just as scared as him in that very moment.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

(A/N: this is one of the weirdest chapters i have written just girl tf you doing pls shjskssj-

also, i've been rewatching the vampire diaries recently and i have a very good story idea, i've written a prologue and it's very challenging but also fun so when this story's finished, i'll have more content uwu (i also have another story drafted but i feel like it has a similar vibe to these ones so i need some variety here)

also, i'm sorry but i need to say this again,,,,, a few days ago, the unbelieveable happened:

DUDE THE MF READS??

i've spammed my message board already but omgomgomg thank you sm i can't express my gratitude in words, just thank you i appreciate it so much😭😭💕

i can't believe ppl actually like my random ass shit like at first, i didn't think this story would go anywhere but look where i am now, damn

this is kinda like a milestone for me so i'd do a face reveal because why not? but since i said i'd wait until the end of the book and i like to keep my promises, here's a picture of me as a little girl instead sjdkskj (still kinda a face reveal tho- whateva)
*drumroll*

um yeah, i used to be such a cute little princess smh what happened😔

also, i randomly felt like saying this but my name is anabel <3  and i'm definetely overwhelmed with the amount of attention i'm getting help-

that was actually all i wanted to say, thank you and goodbye i really really love and appreciate you you're the best uwu 💜💜)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.4K 3.7K 69
Taehyung, an art major, beliefs every color has a meaning like. Purple for him means love. Jungkook has heterochromia. One of his left eyes is brown...
1.2M 49.3K 60
Taehyung gets married to a rich, handsome and C.E.O in South Korea. He is supposed to be happy because he can buy anything he wants and be happy with...
1.4M 60K 60
ᴊᴜɴɢᴋᴏᴏᴋ "ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴀ sᴜɢᴀʀ ᴅᴀᴅᴅʏ ᴡʜᴏ'ʟʟ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴍᴏɴᴇʏ ғᴏʀ sᴇʟғɪᴇs 😪❤️💸" ᴛᴀᴇʜʏᴜɴɢ "ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴏɴᴇʏ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇɴᴅ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ɪᴛ ʙᴀʙʏ ❤...
340K 7.5K 28
The school bad boy, Jungkook, suddenly asks Taehyung out. Unable to turn him down, Taehyung asks his best friend Jimin for help.. So Jimin tells Jung...