ATHENE {remus lupin}

Da saffyxoxox

In which the 20 year old 'retired death eater' enlists the help of the order and finds that her old DADA prof... Altro

CAST
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FOURTY
FOURTY ONE
FOURTY TWO
FOURTY THREE
FOURTY FOUR
FOURTY FIVE
FOURTY SIX
FOURTY SEVEN
FOURTY EIGHT
FOURTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
SIXTY SIX
SIXTY SEVEN
SIXTY EIGHT
SIXTY NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY ONE
SEVENTY TWO
SEVENTY THREE
SEVENTY FOUR
EPILOGUE
EPILOGUE 2 (?)

TWENTY FIVE

36.8K 1.4K 944
Da saffyxoxox

Sirius Black was in a terrible mood. Athene Malfoy knew this because he had called her a death eater five times in one morning (and it wasn't even ten yet), he had snapped at Remus and Molly, and he had said that the only person he could trust was Harry. Tonks had told Athene to avoid him, so that was what she was trying to do. Remus and her were supposed to be training, but Sirius had moaned about the noise. 

"We could do some more occlumency?" He asked her.

"Sure."

They heard a door slam and an exasperated sigh from Molly.

"What's up with him today?" Athene asked Remus with a small smirk.

"Oh- Erm- It's James' birthday. Always a hard day."

Athene's hand flew to her mouth. "Fuck- Merlin- I didn't- I had no idea."

Remus smiled at the sight of her stuttering, Athene Malfoy at a loss for words was certainly a rare sight. 

"It's fine, Athene, don't worry. How could you know?"

"We shouldn't be doing this today," she said, shaking her head as she put her wand down. "You shouldn't be doing this today, go to Sirius."

"He doesn't want anyone around," he said sadly.

"Do you?"

"I prefer to be distracted."

"I'm not letting you duel me today, you have enough on your mind."

Remus sighed and stood up to leave.

"You can stay though, if you want to be distracted?"

"Are you sure?"

She rolled her eyes, "obviously."

"It's a lonely place to be, 12 Grimmauld Place, without Sirius being his true self."

Athene nodded in agreement, "it's a very... sad house. Reminds me of the manor"

"Sirius probably had a similar upbringing to you."

"Yeah... he told me about Regulus. He's been through a lot."

"Haven't we all?" Remus said with a small chuckle.

"Yeah, we have." Athene smiled and then paused, "tell me about them."

"Who?"

"James and Lily... if you don't mind of course."

Remus sighed and sat down in the armchair in her room, "I met James on the train ride to Hogwarts, when I was terrified of everyone and everything. Being a werewolf at home was different, but at school? That was something completely new. Even after he found out, he treated me like I was completely normal, it was his idea for them all to learn how to be animagi, all he ever wanted was to help. Him and Sirius were a nightmare together, always hexing Snape or first years. And he was so in love with Lily. I've never seen two people who loved each other more. He was an incredibly brave man, a true Gryffindoor." 

Athene smiled softly at the sight of the man recalling his old best friend, "sounds like I'd have hated him," she mumbled.

Remus laughed, "he'd have definitely despised you. Lily wouldn't have, though. She empathised with Slytherins, the way that they were isolated, her and Snape were the best of friends for so long." Athene's mouth fell open. "I know," he continued, "James hated it. But Lily was unbelievably kind, she would help me every day after a full moon, she knew exactly what I needed and would be there with no fuss, as if it was completely normal. She was so intelligent as well, her and I were in constant competition for the top spot in class."

Athene laughed, "well you certainly got there, professor."

He smiled at her, "and I miss them every day."

"I understand," she said, her heart thumping as she thought about her old friends.

"Tell me about her," he murmured. Athene knew he meant Ashley. 

"She didn't belong in Slytherin, she was so different to all of us. Because she was from a muggle family, she had no idea who I was or what my name meant. Celine and Flint, they approached me with fear, even when we were eleven, but Ashley just strode up to me and told me that she thought my mother's hair was stupid. I wish she hadn't been in Slytherin. She was too good for me, for all of us." Athene sighed. "I see her a lot, her ghost, or what I think is her ghost, and even then she tells me that she loves me and forgives me. She was the best of the best."

Remus nodded, "I remember actually, when I first began to teach you both, I thought what an unlikely friendship the two of you had. She was so... bubbly and open, and you were so..."

"Cold, callous?" Athene offered.

"No," he said, giving her a look that said 'shut up', "distant and put together. Just like Narcissa."

"Did you think to yourself, she's going to end up dead at the hand of her best friend?"

"I was more preoccupied thinking that you would end up dead at the hand of your father actually."

Athene smiled, "and here we are."

"And here we are," he repeated thoughtfully.

When Remus left her room, Sirius was standing outside with his wand out. He pointed it at Lupin, Athene stared and, in panic, disarmed him with one simple thought.

"You told her-" Sirius said breathlessly. "You talked to her about James and Lily!" He shouted.

"Sirius-" Remus began calmly. 

"No, Remus, HER."

"Sirius," Athene said. 

"It's you, it's your fault they're dead," he had started to sob and was pushing her.

Remus stepped forwards but Athene shook her head at him, "let me," she mouthed.

Both of Sirius' hands were on her shoulders, he was sobbing. Athene pitied the man, she really did. 

"Sirius," she said.

He didn't look up or get go of her. She put her hand under his chin and lifted his face up, his eyes were teary and full of rage. 

"It's not my fault they're gone."

"But you killed-"

"I killed Ashley, yes." She said, forcing herself to swallow the lump in her throat. "And that's my biggest regret, but that didn't kill James and Lily."

"Your people did-"

"They're as much my people as they are yours, Sirius."

He was looking at her and his shoulders started to shake, Remus found his eyes welling at the sight of his best friend breaking down. 

"They're gone," Sirius said quietly, his shoulders shook more violently and he was gripped onto Athene more tightly. "They're gone," he shouted and tears begun to fall around his face.

Athene took her hand from under his chin and wrapped her arms around his neck, his head fell onto her shoulder and his whole body shook as he sobbed.

"I know, I'm so sorry," she said quietly.

"It never gets easier, Athene, never. You will think of Ashley every day of your life." He mumbled into her shoulder. 

She let a tear fall as her head rested on top of his black curls. Remus was still stood by the door watching them, she looked at him and smiled sadly. At this moment in time, he was in awe of Athene, there she was, comforting a man who was truly awful to her, and had just made her speak her worst memory out loud. Despite the hurt and the pain which she was undoubtedly feeling, she was still there for someone else.

"I know it won't."

"I'm sorry," Remus mouthed at her. She smiled and shrugged in response. Remus came over to the two and pulled Sirius off her, the man hugged his friend roughly and Remus sighed and led him away from her room. 

She caught his wrist in her hand.

"I hope you're okay, Remus." 

"Come on, mate, you're okay." Remus said to Sirius as they sat in his room.

"I'm so sorry Moony, I don't know what happened."

"It's okay, you're hurt, we all are today."

"I miss him."

"So do I."

"I should apologise to Athene."

"Probably."

"She's a good woman."

"She is."

In the days following James' birthday, it was Molly's turn to be angry. From her room, Athene had heard the woman screaming at Arthur, ranting to Dumbledore when he had visited, and swearing loudly at Sirius and Remus whenever they annoyed her.

Athene wandered downstairs, curious at what could be making the lovely woman so angry. Remus was at the bottom of the stairs, listening in too, she hadn't spoken to him since Sirius' breakdown. 

"Hey," she murmured to him. 

"Hi," he said.

"What's wrong with Molly?" She asked quietly.

"The twins... I think they've been expelled, or they're stopping school..."

"What?" She said incredulously.

"They'll be here soon, you can find out then."

"Merlin, they must have done something pretty bad."

"I think so, but with Umbridge, who knows?"

Athene nodded, she had only heard what the order had told her about this woman, but everything that she heard was dreadful. She appeared to be like Snape, but with actual power.

Sirius came down the stairs awkwardly.

"Hello Athene."

"Hey Sirius."

"Listen, thank you, for the other night. And, I'm sorry. You didn't deserve any of that. I was just-"

"You were upset," she said with a smile, "you don't have to apologise."

"You're not half bad you know, cousin," he said with a wink before sauntering off. 

Remus looked at her and raised his eyebrows, "cousin," he said.

"Well, it's certainly a step up from death eater."

Tonks had come running from the kitchen smiling, her grin faltered slightly at the sight of Remus and Athene stood together, but she ignored it and grabbed the blonde witch's hands.

"You...need...to...hear...what...they...did..." She gasped, "Bloody incredible!"

"Who, who?" She asked the breathless witch.

"Fred and George. Hilarious. If you don't fancy him now..."

Athene laughed but stopped when she caught Remus' eye. 

"Where are they?"

"Molly is screaming at them in the kitchen," Tonks said excitedly, "Fred wanted to tell you himself."

As if summoned by his own name, Fred Weasley strutted out of the kitchen. He looked taller and older than he had the last time Athene had seen him. He smirked at the sight of her and she bit her tongue to stop herself from returning it. 

"The lovely Athene," he said with a wink.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

61.7K 1.1K 71
Remus Lupin x OC "You can tell them to sod off because I'm set on making the "Gryffindor Princess" mine." Chase Odair is a tough Gryffindor and a pro...
163K 6.7K 39
She can't stop thinking about the whirlwind romance she had this summer, but when she walks into Defense Against the Dark Arts on the first day of he...
120K 2.9K 30
She's a third year griffindor and best friends with lily Evans. But one night changes everything, As she disappeared in to the darkness, no one kn...
1K 34 11
Cassiopiea Black, twin of Sirius has always had a hard time at home with everything going on but that all changed when she finally got accepted into...