NARUHINA ONESHOTS

By narutothings_

❛ i want to stay with you now and forever, until i die. i want to be with you, hinata. ❜ ❛ that is why i'm n... More

☪ | konnichiwa !
☪ | serenity
☪ | tears
☪ | time
☪ | realization
☪ | distracted
☪ | i love you
☪ | loving boruto
☪ | sasuke and sakura
☪ | brighter
☪ | blindsided
☪ | kurama

☪ | insecurities

1.6K 40 94
By narutothings_

' insecurities '

naruhina oneshot 04.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Hinata knew she was where she was meant to be.

She knew it, so why were these. . .doubts creeping in? Like some seeds had been planted in her, against her will, the plants of concern rooting deeper and anchoring themselves within her heart. It was one of those things you knew wasn't right, but it still haunted you.

Naruto loved her.

He did, he loved her so much that he made the effort to be good for her. Every single day.

But that was just it.

He stopped humoring his fans, especially when Hinata was around. He was respectful, of course, and accepted gifts and praise, but he took extra care, caution, and effort to inform the strangers that he wouldn't be staying to chat, as he was with someone else. It made Hinata feel like some kind of princess.

He made time out of his busy schedule so he could spend time with her. They took turns choosing where to go each week, usually Ichiraku’s one week and a picnic or walks around the village the next. Naruto was a busy man now, preparing to finally embrace his dream and often teaching at the Academy.

He even tried really hard to understand her. Naruto was Naruto ––  he was a goofball, he was loud, he was impulsive, and especially sporadic. He did what he wanted, when he wanted, and he did things his way. Suddenly, though, when it came to Hinata, he took on this gentler approach. His voice wasn't so harsh, his eyes softened when they met her own. He'd developed this habit of tucking a strand of her long hair behind her ear when they were close enough.

Naruto, with all of his Naruto like things still intact, had become somewhat of a gentleman for her. His maturity seemed to skyrocket.

It was a lot.

Hinata knew she deserved it. Of course she did. He picked her, didn't he? He did. And she picked him. It went both ways. That's how it was with love. Each person gives a piece of themselves to another, and they work really hard to keep them happy.

Naruto had opened up to her, risked his life for her, cried for her, laughed with her, held her hand, shared kisses with her, he'd even attempted to braid her hair once.

They were in love.

So it made sense, right?

It did make sense. But for some unfortuante reason, that didn't matter to her brain.

Hinata, despite her upbringing and the way she often carried herself, knew her worth. She was a strong, confident woman, reserved and balanced. Maybe, a long time ago, she hadn't been, but she was now.

The insecurities that toyed with her as a child were clawing their way out of a long forgotten pit. They taunted her with their you're a burden’s and how in the world did you get here’s, and as ridiculous as it was, it didn't help to hear it.

Hinata was battling with the idea of what she had worked so hard to have now wouldn't last forever. That she and Naruto weren't what they thought they were, that she wasn't what Naruto thought she was.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It was Naruto’s week to pick.

So it was no surprise that the couple found themselves sitting atop the rubbery stools inside Ichiraku’s Ramen Shop. Ayame was hard at work in the back, and Ichiraku himself had only just slipped out to run some quick errands, trusting his daughter and favorite customers to watch the place.

Hinata sat beside Naruto, halfheartedly nibbling on a piece of pork. She was thinking about trying not to think, a tactic that never really worked. She simply wanted to enjoy this, to enjoy her delicious meal and the pretty lights outside and the wonderful man beside her. The sun had long set and the restaurant was mostly empty; it was like a night Hinata had dreamed of since she first met Uzumaki Naruto.

She was so busy waging a persoanl war inside herself that she didn't realize how uncharacteristically silent Naruto had been until he actually spoke.

“Say, Hinata. . .” He paused to slurp a few noodles, giving her a chance to glance at him. She almost immediately recognized what she'd dubbed his 'thinking face.' His brain was hard at work, much like her own. “Remember when we fought Pein?”

The question was so unforseen that she sat quiet for a moment, swallowing the last of her pork slice.

“Of course I do, Naruto-kun.”

Naruto nodded, tapping his lips with his chopsticks. “I do too.”

Hinata tilted her head patiently.

“I was just remembering how I was kind of. . .cornered, at one point. But then, out of nowhere, you showed up.” Naruto pursed his lips. “That was crazy, for sure.”

Hinata laughed a bit, humming in agreement. She remembered the day perfectly well. She remembered everything running through her mind, she remembered everything she could see––but the only things that had been clear were Naruto, Naruto’s face and his fallen body. There was a small voice at the back of her mind that whispered, you're going to die, and she agreed. But she couldn't bring herself to care.

“Remember when you said all that?” Naruto continued, surprising her. “I mean, I was a total idiot for missing the whole 'I love you' part, I know that now. But the other stuff. . .you know, when you repeated things I had said in the past. That stuff.” He set down his chopsticks, unusually serious.

“I wasn't really listening at the time, I'll admit. Kurama was being a brat in my mind and I was also being impaled in a couple different places, and all I really wanted to do was get you out of there. So afterwards, I didn't get to talk to you too much about it, and I didn't actually remember it for real until the other night. . .” Naruto scratched his cheek, turning to face her fully.

“Hinata, I definitely would have died if you didn't step out that day.”

Her lips parted. She couldn't move her eyes away from his, the intense blue grabbing and not letting go.

“I'm sure you wouldn't have died, Naruto-kun. . .you were very strong, even then.”

Naruto shook his head. “No, no, you're wrong. . .that day, it wasn't just Pein saying those awful things. . .it was Nagato. Do you get what I'm saying? He was in a position kind of like mine, and he was saying such terrible things. . .he pinned me, and then he told me a lot. I might have given up if it weren't for you.”

Hinata had spoken in a whisper, so his louder voice in response was like an alarm going off in her head.

It was silent for a long pause, but neither felt the need to speak just yet.

Hinata mulled over his words, every single one, until she realized it was her turn to say something.

“Why were you thinking about this?”

Naruto rubbed the back of his neck, a relaxed smile returning to his face. “That’s what I'm wondering. I guess I was just thinking about how different it is now––you know, you and me––and what it was like back then. . .just like when we were on the moon, I realized you've always been there, even before I took any care to notice. It’s nice. . .to think about.”

He grinned, eyes closed, and Hinata ducked her head.

Her face was most definitely hot, yes, but she was pressing her eyes closed in a hopeless attempt to keep her tears from touching her pale cheeks.

Everything he was saying. . .it was all exactly what she needed to hear.

“Hinata?!” Naruto leaned forward, eyes wide. “Are you crying?”

She closed the distance, initiating a hug and attempting to stop the tears with his shoulder.

“Thank you so much, Naruto-kun, thank you.”

Naruto easily returned the embrace, patting her head reassuringly.

“I'm supposed to be thanking you,” he pouted.

Needless to say, Ayame was very confused when she walked in on the crying, hugging mess of a couple, and the few present villagers tried to avert their eyes, but Hinata didn't care.

She was, without a doubt, exactly where she was supposed to be.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

꒰ 🌓 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:・゚a / n

um hi so i updated :0

* cups hands around mouth * aNYONE STILL HERE?

ahem.

hope you enjoyed! i swear these two are my comfort ship, they're so healthy and beautiful and meant for each other and–

okiiiie, imma sign off now. thanks for reading!!

sayonara <3

- grace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.5K 372 14
Naruto and Hinata's friendship is finally progressing but when Naruto broke the news that he's getting married to someone else, how will Hinata take...
47.5K 1.3K 18
You are my love, you changed my winter into spring hinata Hyuuga, but i choose the solitude and revenge, i never thought i'd fall in love with you, y...
38.3K 729 28
The events after The Last Movie. How Naruto and Hinata live their lives as a couple. What kind of challenges they had faced and how they overcome the...
271K 9K 23
Help me from this hell called life. Save me from the nightmares that chase me. "Hinata... Stay here." Be the light... That saves me from this darkn...