Maybe You and I

By jaemyths

- maybe you and i aren't meant for each other. » an nct jaemin fanfiction » date started: 2020-04-20 » date e... More

foreword
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
epilogue
playlist

twenty

802 38 21
By jaemyths

Chapter 20

"Why are we gathered outside the conference room again?" Sungchan whispered to Xiaojun, who had his hands clasped in front of him while his eyes were closed.

Jaemin's secretary threw a look at the young intern, "Because! I haven't slept last night because I finished the report and I wasn't able to proofread the presentation. Fuck, there might be typos."

Shotaro and Sungchan looked at the secretary, "Hyung?!"

"What's happening, why are you guys here?" All of them, who were gathered outside the conference room looked at the person who spoke. "What, you didn't answer my question."

"J-Jaemin is already inside, talking to the clients. The conference was supposed to last for an hour, but it's taking too long, Miss Park." Hendery said.

Yeeun sighed, "I'm honestly worried about him, too. I have no idea why the clients wanted him to present." She took a deep breath and stared at the door in front of them. "Not that I don't trust him, I'm just nervous, too." She let out another sigh.

Meanwhile, Shotaro, Xiaojun, Hendery and Sungchan threw glances with each other. It was as if they were thinking of the same thing, and it's something not to be happy about.

"The deal is set," the director of League company stood up and shook Jaemin's hand. "360 IT Innovations Corporation will be partners with League Company in creating Traveler."

Jaemin smiled and kept on thanking the director, "Thank you sir! We will do our best!" The board of directors left the room one by one. After they left, Jaemin went outside only to see almost everyone in his department looking at him weirdly.

"Sunbae, what happened?!" Shotaro asked.

"Hyung, is everything alright?" Sungchan asked.

"Don't just look at us! Speak!" This time , Hendery spoke.

Jaemin just chuckled and shook his head, "We got the deal!" He screamed and his friends immediately attacked him with a hug. "Thank you for your support guys!"

"We just knew you can do it!" Xiaojun ruffled his hair. "Congrats, Jaemin!"

Their boss watched the scene in front of her. She was also proud of Jaemin. She clapped her hands to get their attention, "Good job, Nana! Congrats!" She smiled and shook his hand. After that, she bid goodbye.

Jaemin looked at them witha huge smile on his face, "I couldn't have done it without you guys. I'm so thankful!"

"We're always here for you!" Shotaro said.

Jaemin smiled and excused himself, "I'm gonna go and see if our friends back in Seoul are still awake." He walked away from them, leaving Xiaojun, Hendery, Sungchan and Shotaro.

"Hyungs," Sungchan started. His hyungs humemd as a response and looked at him. "Am I the only one who noticed?"

"Noticed what?" Hendery asked.

"Since when did Yeeun-noona call us by our nicknames? How did she know that Nana is hyung's nickname?"

***

Jaemin sighed contentedly and opened his laptop. He remembers how the panel went crazy over the character sketches earlier. He smiled, remembering that every character idea that he has goes straight into either Renjun or Yangyang's drawing tablet.

It's crazy gow the characters are finally coning to life aftter years of planning and months of preparing.

He opened his laptop and decided to call his friends via Skype.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world, the boys are feeling anxious, and are waiting for Jaemin's call.

"You aren'r thinking that Jaemin wasn't able to close the deal, right?" Lucas suddenly asked, only to be shushed by different people at the same time.

Ten sighed and shook his head, "I'm not even a game developer like you guys, but I sure am nervous as hell."

"I don't even work yet but I'm nervous." Kun said which made everyone laugh. Kun has been waiting for the results of the licensure exam he took.

"Shit, did they not like our sketches, Yangyang? Doyoung-hyung?" Renjun asked while biting his fingernails.

"Why are you including us?" Yangyang whined.

Just then, a notification popped up on Renjun's homescreen and he immediately stood up, "It's Jaemin!" He answered the call. "Jaemin-ah, how did it go?!"

"RENJUN I CLOSED THE DEAL!!! WE GOT IT!" Jaemin exclaimed and all of them immediately rushed towards Renjun.

"Na Jaemin you better treat us once you get back!" Johnny said.

"Yah, you're not kidding, right?" Jeno asked and snatched Renjun's phone. "We finally have a partner for traveler, right?"

Jaemin nodded,"Is it really that unbelievable?!" He chuckled. "Are you perhaps with Haejin and Mark hyung?"

"No, we're at our dorm while Mark is at your apartment with Haejin." Taeyong yelled so that Jaemin could hear it. "Haejin has a schedule at Skyline tomorrow."

"Photoshoot?"

"No, but she'll pick the outfits she loved the most during the photoshoot because we'll be advertising the products." Taeyong answered.

"Jaemin-hyung, what time is it there?" Chenle asked.

"Almost one in the afternoon," He sighed. "Haven't eaten lunch yet, I decided to talk tou guys first."

"Does Haejin know about this already?" Doyoung asked.

"Not yet. Her phone's getting fixed so I haven't talkef to her since the other day." Jaemin frowned. "But I'll try to call Mark hyung later." He then leaned forward so that his face would be near the screen. "Injoonie, don't forget about the phone."

"What phone?" Taeyong asked.

"He's asking me get a new phone for Haejin, hyung." Renjun answered and faced the screen. "I'll be going to the mall tomorrow, don't worry."

"Alright, thank you, Injoonie!" Jaemin said. "I have to go now, guys! I miss you guys so much!"

"We miss you too, Nana!" Renjun stood up and turned around so that Jaemin could see everyone who were in the living room at that time. "Congratulations to all of us!"

"Congratulations to all of us, indeed." Jaemin smiled and waved a the camera. "Take care everyone!"

***

"Why is it raining?!" Renjun muttered under his breath and sighed. He never expected it to rain hard, and he doesn't have an umbrella with him.

In his hands is a paper bag which has the phone that Jaemin asked him to get for Haejin, and it can't be soaked under the rain.

"Oh my god I still need to bring this to Haejin's office." He sighed.

When the rain became a bit calmer, he decided to run towards the taxi bay which is located at the other side of the mall.

"Fuck, Jaemin's gonna kill me if something happens to this goddamn—shoot! Are you okay?!" He immediately helped the girl he bumped.

And it felt like the rain brought something good to him after all.

The girl reached for Renjun's hand and wiped the dirt off her shirt. She then nodded and smiled at Renjun, "No worries! I'm sorry for causing you trouble!"

"I'm the one who should apologize since I bumped into you." Renjun said worriedly and scratched his nape.

"I'll get going now, I'm sorry!" The girl blurted out before walking away.

But what caught Renjun's attention is that she said the last words in another language.

Lucky for him, he's Chinese. So he understood.

Renjun began walking the other way, "Wait, she's Chinese!" He looked around only to see that the girl he bumped into earlier was already out of his sight.

"Shit, I forgot to ask her name!"

—tbc.
and if i publish a renjun side story???? ndhbsdhdhf

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

454K 16K 66
﹒ㆍ🧾Soulmate au ♡﹑+ ﹐◖﹒★ . A prince , a caffeine addicted guy , an artist , a german dude , a japanese boy , a literal sun and a multi-lingual girl...
33.4K 1.4K 47
- She didn't know how to deal with heartaches until she experienced one; and he just wanted to experience love, but he didn't know that Hwang Yiyeon...
19.8K 717 23
"you don't need me like i need you. pray that i won't be alone." HAECHAN fanfic COLLEGE au started: 11.15.2020 ended: 01.04.2021 published: 12.13.202...
24.1K 896 45
♡ school romance "Please don't treat me like an outsider to your life..." "You treated me like one before. Why can't I do the same to you?" ❗ TW! abu...