QuietField- Guild Wars

By Doctriine

I do not own the art on the cover or Epic Seven. This story was created by my friends and me. ... More

Background

Chapter 1

23 2 10
By Doctriine

Hey, guys. Sorry for updating so late. I've been kinda busy with doing something recently :/
 Anyway, hope you guys enjoy reading the story! 

3rd Person POV:

It was a dark, stormy night. Within the embers of heaven and hell, two guilds clashed, both hoping to eliminate the other. Many guild members were slaughtered. Everyone was thirsty for blood... for vengeance. Fires burned, winds raged, waves crashed, and the earth was torn. Blood rained down onto the land. Shadows were cast upon the battlefield. Light shined. The heroes and guild members fought to bring victory to their leaders. They needed the gold and the treasures. They needed rewards. They needed to climb up and reach the top... or else they would die...

Enemies from the other guild were moving towards Doc's tower. They stopped about 25 miles away from the tower and settled down near a camp. They started to analyze the tower and formulate a plan for the invasion. Iseria spotted them from the tower and announced, "They're almost here. Roughly 20-30 miles away. I see that they have settled down. I can't tell what they're doing. Perhaps they're tired?" "No," Doc answered, thinking. "They're making a plan. They don't seem tired and are confident that they can beat us with the current amount of energy that they have, but they need a plan to ensure the victory of this battle. If they were tired, they would have stopped and settled down somewhere else. This is too close to the tower. Even if they are tired, they'll strike today."

Doc could tell that they were ruthless, based on the letters and information provided by the people that were stationed at the tower that was destroyed by the enemies. They have already slaughtered all of the heroes that fought in the nearby tower. The heroes continued to advance towards the stronghold, wanting to destroy Doc's tower. Doc could see that the enemy leader was impatient and was eager to win this war as quickly as possible. Doc thought and scanned the competitors, looking for some extra information that could give her an advantage.

Doc concluded that it was impossible to fight the enemies by herself. She called for reinforcements from other towers. Doctriine sent her weakest heroes to deliver the message: "They've reached my tower. Although they just destroyed the outer tower, none of them seem to be tired or severely injured. I see that no drastic damage has been inflicted on our enemies. I do not believe that I can hold this tower by myself. The enemies are confident that they can beat me and destroy the tower. They will destroy the tower. The leader of the other guild seems impatient and eager to win. He or she is very cunning and smart. The leader is a quick thinker that makes reasonable and logical decisions. She or he weighs all the factors and makes brilliant plans. I can see why their guild members choose to follow the leader's orders. If any other guild members can send aid to my tower, I would greatly appreciate it. Defeating their guild will be complicated and beating these enemies can be a great benefit to our guild - Doc"

Malky trusted Doc and sent Cermia and other heroes to help defend the tower. The heroes moved quickly and silently. Upon arrival, Cermia told Doc, "I am Cermia, Malky's first in command. Malky sent me here along with some of her extra heroes. We're here to provide aid. Malky told us to follow your orders, ma'am." "Okay, here's the plan. They're coming from the west, right? We can't do anything on the side right now because they can see us over there. Instead, we can set up the east side. There is a possibility that they will just surround the outside and then gradually move into the tower, but that chance is low. If they were to do that, they would need to split into smaller groups and fight us. I believe that they're going to want to fight us as a whole group. When combined, they are very strong, but when divided, they're quite useless. The enemies are stronger and have better gear, but they rely on each other. We can destroy them easily if they're in smaller groups. They're aware of that. We're also aware of that as well. We need to split them up into 2 groups. The only way to do that is to force them to split up," Doc said. "That's the most difficult part. After we get them to divide into groups, attack. Try to minimize the amount of noise you make when you are setting up the area. Do it stealthily." 

Doc reviewed the plan and made sure it worked. They knew that if there was a single mistake made, the whole battle would be to the opponent's advantage. Doc and Malky's heroes were very cautious and careful about their actions. They put boards and fences that would fall when triggered by a rope that would be pulled by one of Doc's heroes. These boards and fences would separate the enemies (they were strong, but it was impossible to climb on it). After they split up, there was only one way that they could go.

Doc's POV:

I tied my brown hair into a messy bun as my team made its way to the northeast hallways. We blew out all the torches and knocked over chests and chairs. I made sure I had my knife, even though I didn't need it. It was just a normal knife, nothing special. I'm a mage. I didn't specialize in a specific element. I'm able to use all of them, but I'm always at an elemental disadvantage.

We hid, waiting for them to approach our spot. My heart was beating so fast, I could barely breathe. For the first time in a long time, I felt fear. They're strong. They killed my guildmates, my friends. I shivered, thinking about the corpses that we found. We're a guild- we help each other. We sacrifice ourselves for our goal. We all want to kill the Bloodlust's lord. (Bloodlust is the guild in the first place.) We all wanted to climb to the top and destroy the guild, but I don't wanna die. I'm not willing to die for this guild. I want to live. I want to see Bloodlust collapse with my own eyes. I want to see their members die. Maybe I'm selfish. I don't know. I don't care...

I snapped out of my thoughts. The opponents walked into our view. There are about a dozen enemies. I signaled to my team. We got ready and one of my heroes threw 3 smoke bombs. Someone on the other side shot them with her arrows. The bomb exploded and my vision clouded. I heard the sounds of knives and swords clashing. Gunshots were fired. People yelled, grunted, screamed, and laughed.

A man moved closer to me. He looked pretty young, maybe around 18 or 19 years old. A little older than me. Dirt was smeared across his face and his forehead was glistening with sweat. He had dark circles underneath his dark brown eyes. His knives reflected the moonlight. He had 2 in his hands and a few spares strapped in his belt. "Hello, m' lady. Care for a duel?" I smirked and lunged towards him. I held up my hands and sent a wave of darkness in his direction. He looked at the wave, chuckled, and stabbed it with his knives. His knives absorbed the shadows and the base became darker. How the fuck did he do that? "Oh, you like my knives?" he asked. "Not gonna lie, that is some cool shit," I responded. "I'll take those knives after I kill you." I dashed around him and created a small cage made of vines. I set the vines on fire and it quickly spread, trapping us in. "I made a little arena for us," I said. "Now no one can interrupt our duel! Wouldn't that be fun?"

I prepared to summon more magic and looked up again. Our eyes met. I sucked in a breath. His eyes looked crazy but beautiful. He was grinning maniacally, looking entertained. We moved around, looking for an opportunity to engage. His eyes constantly followed me. He looked like he wanted to devour me. He wanted to see me suffer. I shivered, realizing how insane he was.

The screaming and laughter increased. No, don't let this get into your mind. No. I blocked everything out and focused on the man in front of me. I watched his cat-like movements. I couldn't hear him moving. His chaotic eyes and smile were still there. He dashed forwards, slashing his knife. I blocked it with a shield made of ice, but he attacked again with his second knife. I jumped back. His knife grazed the skin on my forearm and got back into his stance. I hissed as blood started flowing out. I used magic to make the blood solidify. I glanced at it and I saw something dark. "You see that darkness in your blood? Painful? I wonder what happens when your body is covered with my cuts. Will you die? Or maybe I shouldn't kill you! I'll just take you and then torture you! Cut you! Heal you! Repeat!" he laughed. "You fucking masochist," I spat.

I made the fire-covered vines grow and sent them to grab him. He cut some of the vines but there were too many. They latched onto the man's body. His knives sliced through the vines and he came back, with one knife, but unharmed. Fireproof clothing. Smart. Did he purposely pick a fight against a mage? He increased his speed and dashed to me. I threw a ball of light, hoping to blind him. He looked away and continued to run to me.

I started to get tired. Keeping the vines up and burning was using so much energy. I couldn't make the cage fall either, because this man would dash around and kill everyone. I pulled out my knife and got into a stance. I needed to be able to dodge and injure him. He swung his knife at my neck. I ducked and sliced at his calf. He made a deep cut on my back and kicked me in the stomach. I rolled away from him, feeling an immense wave of pain. He smiled and licked his teeth, looking hungry. I got up and charged at him. He aimed the knife at my stomach but I turned and aimed for his heart. I felt the knife sink into his flesh, blood pouring out onto my hands. His eyes hardened and he said, "Fuck you." A few seconds passed and he dropped his knife and sunk to the floor. I stared at him. "I'm sorry," I said with my head bowed. Exhausted, I made the cage fall and looked around.

There was no more fighting. Blood was everywhere. It could've been their own or someone else's. Some of my heroes laid on the floor. Passed out or dead. The enemies were on the floor, dead. I found the knives that absorbed magic and I walked towards my heroes. "Doc!" Karin said as she hobbled over to me. "They're dead. The enemies. All of them. Cermia-" Karin started coughing out blood. "Shhh. I'll tell the Lord and ask her what we should do. Angelic Montmorancy! Quickly heal everyone. Or at least give us pain killers," I ordered. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 9.3K 111
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...
1.8M 60.3K 73
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
78.1K 1.8K 33
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
235K 10.9K 32
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...