Cold as Ice (KuroKen)

Av twelveB

[COMPLETED] This is a fluff/angst story including kuroken, iwaoi , and daisuga. There will be other ships but... Mer

+++
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(5)
(6)
(7)
(8)
(9)
(10)
(11)
(12)
(13)
(14)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
(19)
(21)
(22)
(23)
(24)
(25)
(26)
(27)
(28)
(29)
(30)
(31)
(32)
(33)
(34)
Epilogue

(20)

4.6K 177 88
Av twelveB

Yo why's kenma so pretty like... how
.
.
.
.

Kuroo's POV

Kenma was quiet the whole drive home, not that I expected him to be the most chatty. Usually I'd be the chatterbox but I was too busy worrying about my family to think of anything to talk about. I mean it'd be hard enough to sneak him in but now I had to sneak him in, and make sure that his hand, which was still bleeding badly, was tended too. I don't usually bring people over because I don't want my parents meeting any of my friends, I don't know what they'll say so it's too much of a gamble. But, I couldn't exactly leave Kenma alone right now so I'll have to make do.

It didn't take long for us to get to my house but, unfortunately for me, every light in the house was on. Of course everyone would be up.

"Alright just uh," I looked around my car for something to wrap Kenma's hand with, I settled with an old bandana that I had lying around. "Use this." I wrapped it around his hand and it didn't take long for blood to soak through the yellow fabric. Once we got out of the car I pulled him towards the house, holding onto his uncut hand obviously. I pushed the door open slowly, the dinning room and kitchen were abandoned. Thinking I was in the clear, I brought Kenma inside just in time for my mom to walk about of the bathroom.

"Oh who's this." Usually my parents ignore me coming in, but I guess they're more interested in why a short boy with two toned hair and a bloody bandana just walked into their house.

"This is Kenma, he's a friend we have a project to work on."

"This late, why would you wait until the last minute. You could've asked your bother for help if you-"

"We still have a week to do it we just want to finish early. This is the only time he could come out." Years of practice has made me kind of a good liar, at least to my parents. I'm just shocked she hasn't asked about the clearly blood soaked cloth.

"Oh ok then." I was able to get Kenma into my room without anymore pit stops. My dad was no where to be seen, my brothers held up in his room, and I'm pretty sure my sisters on a date with her homophobic boyfriend. Once we were in the clear I shut and locked my door directing Kenma over to my bed.

"Ok let's see," I sat down next to him and slowly unwrapped the bandana trying to avoid hurting him. I pulled it off and he winced about at the cloth got stuck to his hand a bit. The cut was deep, I didn't have much medical knowledge. I should probably clean it though, right? That sounds like a good first step. "I'll get some stuff from the bathroom." I shut my bedroom door quietly behind me and made my way to the bathroom. I still didn't know where my dad was but my mom seemed to be staring me down from the hallway by the kitchen. That's strange, she's never looked my way before, let alone wanted to speak to me.

"Who's he?" My mother asked with her arms crossed as she leaned on the hallway wall, blocking my path to the bathroom.

"I told you he's a friend."

"Name?"

"I told you already, Kenma." She looked at me judgingly. 

"Kenma's a first name isn't it?"

"And? What's your point?" I had no patients for either of my parents bullshit, they don't talk to me for weeks and then interview me like cops.

"You call him by his first name?"

"Really that's what you're wondering about, and you wonder why I don't bring friends around." I pushed past her but she grabbed my arm.

"I'm not done talking to you." I yanked my arm from her, which wasn't very hard since she's rather small.

"Yeah well I am." After the small roadblock I continue my travels to the bathroom. Rummaging through the cabinet I pulled out some disinfectant and a large bandage, I'm not really good with medical stuff so I assume this will do.

This time there was no interruption on my way back to my room, however, there was a discrepancy. My bedroom door, which I'm 100% positive I shut, was wide open. Kenma wasn't inside either. I heard laughter emerge from the living room and diverted my attention there. Sure enough there was my dad with his arm slung over Kenma's shoulder, he looked pretty drunk so I can't except anything good out of this situation. Kenma looked mortified. Our eyes met and I saw his silent plea for help, immediately I made my way over to him.

"Your a little small for a boy don't you think?" My dad asked, his words sort of mumbled together  as his drunkness took over.

"We should probably get started on the project." I reached out to grab Kenma's hand but my dad swatted me away.

"Oh come on you never bring friends over I'm just trying to talk to the boy." He looked over at Kenma who dropped his head to stare at the ground. "So Kenma was it?" Kenma nodded slowly. "How're you doing in school?" What sort of parent meets their kids friend and asks that. He's most likely going to interview Kenma, ask about school, his love life, his home life, he's very nosey like that. Plus he has a habit of pushing his ideals onto other people. Of course his ideals are getting good grade, a good girlfriend, and family dinners every night. Besides the grades I doubt a single one of those applies to Kenma, what's gonna happen if he tells the truth?

"Fine." Kenma's voice was quiet and barely above a whisper, I heard him talk quietly around Suga and Oikawa at first but nothing like this. Around me he always talked normally, although he was rude, and around Suga and Oikawa he was only sort of quiet in the beginning. However, now he sounded terrified and scared to speak above a whisper.

"That's good, good to hear." He smiled and laughed at the uncomfortable boy. "What about a girlfriend, huh?" Yeah I figured that question was coming.

"You don't need to answer Kenma let's go." I was successful in grabbing his arm this time but my dad quite literally yanked him away.

"Oi I said I'm talking to him." He spat at me. "So do you?" He asked Kenma again.

"I uh- well no." I felt awful for leaving him in this situation, he looked extremely uncomfortable.

"That's a shame why not?" This time Kenma stayed quiet and didn't even bother answering his questions.

Kenma's POV

I can't think of a worse situation to be in then the one I'm in right now. Actually I can, it could be my dad or mom questioning me endlessly. What am I even suppose to say to some of these questions, like why I don't have a girlfriend. Um maybe because I don't like girl asshole. Maybe because I've never got the butterfly feeling being around girls my age, or the nervousness, or the- hold up. Now that I think about it I've only ever really got those feelings around two people. One being a boy in my elementary school class, who I hadn't seen since and assumed he went to a different high school, (he was actually the reason I found out I was gay) and.... Kuroo.

"Hows the family?" He asked once he figured out I wasn't going to answer his previous question. Just what I needed, another challenging topic to talk about.

"There uh fine." I lied.

"What's your dad do?" Shit what did he do, I can't even remember. He left when I was a baby so what information am I suppose to go off of. What does my moms boyfriend do, I could say that instead maybe. Actually I think he sells illegal weapons so maybe I shouldn't bring that up.

"He's a banker." Thats a good lie, convincing yet boring so he won't want to keep talking about it.

"And your mom?" She's an unemployed druggie.

"She works in retail."

"Very nice, very nice." There was an awkward silence, he wasn't asking me anything but he wouldn't remove his arm either and it was starting to weight me down. He was sort of a big dude especially compared to me who's arms sort of resembled a stick.

"Alright dad I think thats enough-"

"It's enough when I say it's enough. Let me speak to the boy Tetsuro." He scoffed and turned to me. "Can you believe this boy? He's 18 years old, no girlfriend, no idea what he want's to be, and average grades." I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing. I mean Kuroo and I talked about school, he was getting well above average and was actually one of the top in his class. Not only that, but Kuroo told me he wanted to be a chemist, I guess he isn't really talkative with his parents. I can relate to that. As for the girlfriend thing, well I'm going to assume his parents aren't accepting. I felt a sudden grip on my wrist and looked down to see Kuroo holding my arm.

"We really need to get to work." This time he successfully pulled me from his dad's hold and rushed us into his room, he shut the door and locked it quickly. "Sorry." He apologized as if he did anything.

"It's not your fault." It really wasn't, I know what it's like to have shitty parents.

"I know it's just... sorry about the whole girlfriend and family thing, did he make you uncomfortable?" I took my seat back on his bed the same spot I was in before. Kuroo must've been worried when he saw I wasn't here before.

"A little bit." I felt worse for Kuroo. "Does he ask you that to? You know about a girlfriend?" He had to hear his dad rant to him about getting a girlfriend more often than I did.

"Too often." He sighed sitting down next to me, or more like lying down. He plopped onto his back and let his legs dangle off the bed side.

"Than you shouldn't be apologizing."

"I took you here to get away from your mom not so you can deal with my parents."

"Yeah..." I didn't exactly know what else to say in this situation. It stayed silent for a bit before I decided to lay down on the bed as well. My legs also dangled off the same side of the bed as Kuroo's, except his touched the ground while mine weren't close.

"I wanted to say something in the cafe today." He finally spoke up.

"Yeah?" Now that I think about it my mom's call did cut him off.

"I wanted to ask what you thought about me." That's a strange question, I mean I'm not exactly the kind of person to hangout with someone everyday if I didn't at least like them a little bit. I don't do that pitying stuff. I'll admit I was cold and probably rude at first, not that I'm not mean to him now, but he's grow on me. If I'm being honest with myself I think I maybe have a small crush on Kuroo, I can't tell if it's because he's the only other person I've see in a while or not though. I mean when you hangout with someone so much you can confuse your feelings and maybe that's what happened to me or maybe I'm over thinking again and I just simple have a crush..

"What I thought about you?"

"Yeah I mean you don't really show much expression." He laughed a bit and I could only laugh with him and agree. I never wanted people to know how I felt. You let one expression slip through and next thing you know all your emotions are pouring out, can't let that happen.

"I like hanging out with you Kuroo." I was staring up at his ceiling and so was he, but out of the corner of my eye I saw him smile.

"Can I ask you something else?"

"Sure." I smiled even though I knew he probably wouldn't see it.

"How would you feel about maybe... going out.. with me?"

"Going out where?" He laughed at my reply which wasn't a joke. Why was he laughing?

"Like on a date." Oh. Now I get why he was laughing. I think I'm painfully oblivious.

.
.
.
.
(2117 words)
Kuroo grew a pair and confessed💖✨ I can die happy now :))

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

304K 4.6K 26
A little book of oneshots with ships including Kagehina, daisuga, asanoya, kuroken, iwaoi, tsukkiyama, BokuAka and any other ships you would like to...
65.7K 2.3K 31
Fukurōdani, Kasasuno, an Nekoma all are spending a month together in the mountains for some intensive training and conditions alone with team buildin...
61.5K 2.5K 62
Oikawa, Suga and Akaashi were figure skaters. They all needed that freedom and the feeling of the ice. The feeling was enough to overpower the rude a...
4.9K 88 21
♫𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙿𝙻𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙳♫ A kuroken fanfic. I have recently become obsessed with Haikyu and I love Kuroo's and Kenma's friendship and I ship them a lot an...