Wonderful Mischief (Fred Weas...

By rosesandcreamm

Friends. That's all that they ever were to her, but is that all that they will continue to be? ...... Along w... More

a/n
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 8

19K 519 487
By rosesandcreamm

"Okay, we just have to get to her room without being seen, and then we can use the cloak to get out of there," George said with one hand on the door while turning back to Fred and me.

We had walked from the forest all the way to the far side of the castle in silence. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence, it was just obvious that all of us wanted to get Harry's bloody cloak and then get to dinner.

"It's not past curfew though?" I said.

"Well no," George responded. "But we don't really have a reason to be in this part of the castle. The only reason we can even get through this door is because Fred and I know the advanced unlocking spells".

I nodded, but was not reassured. Although I loved breaking the rules because it was fun, I did not like getting in trouble. Hypocritical, I know. Being out late was one offence, but being found sneaking around in Mcgonagall's personal spaces would probably get a note sent home to my parents, and I did not feel like having to explain this to my mom.

"Okay, let's go," I said while gesturing to the door.

George nodded and muttered a few spells that I had never heard before under his breath, and a few sounds could be heard from inside the door frame, proving that the spells did in fact work. The door popped open and George opened it fully, gesturing for us to follow him in.

We walked past a few doors before arriving at one with a plaque that read 'Minerva Mcgonagall' on it. Thankfully, the door was only a few from the door that led outside, so hopefully we could make a quick escape after retrieving the cloak.

George stood in front of the closed door and turned around to look at Fred and Me. "Okay, Fred, you go in and find it and I'll stay out here with Y/n".

"What? Why do I have to be the one to go get it? I want to stay out here!" Fred said grumpily.

George rolled his eyes.  "It was your idea to use the cloak! And why do you even want to stay out here? Being lookout is boring. It will take you two seconds".

"Well it's probably under a dissolution charm so it's going to take ages to find! And you know why I want to stay out here!". Fred had now gotten closer to George and they were approaching a full-on fight.

"Hmm? Why is that Fred?".

"Shut up, George! Just go grab the bloody cloak!".

"It was your idea!".

"I merely suggested it, you were the one who grabbed it!".

If they were going to continue to raise their voices we were going to get in trouble again. "Fred I swear to Merlin I-"

"You guys" I hissed while using my hands to push them apart by their chests. "You guys are making a bloody ruckus and are going to get us in even more shit!". They both opened their mouths to respond but I continued. "Fred, just go in and grab the cloak". He looked at me with a look that was part angry and part complaining, but I didn't care. I mustered up my most pleading look and said, "Please? I just want to get out of here".

He mumbled a "Fine" and walked in the door. Once the door had shut, I sighed, closed my eyes, and leaned against the wall. The combination of walking around for what felt like hours and not having eaten anything that day had begun to catch up with me.

I felt George lean against the wall next to me, our shoulders touching. "You okay?" He asked.

"Mmhm," I said while nodding, my eyes still closed. "Just hungry. Haven't eaten anything today. And sleepy".

"Y/n," He said disapprovingly. "How come you haven't eaten?".

"Dunno, just wasn't hungry until now," I mumbled.

He sighed, still sounding like he didn't approve but was giving up for now. I felt his hand snake around my waist, pulling me into his side and causing my head to lean on his shoulder. I opened my eyes and angeled my head to look up at him with a questioning look, but he just grinned down at me as if nothing was out of the ordinary; so I let my head rest on his shoulder and shut my eyes, basking in the comfort that I found from this. He brought his hand up to my hair and raked his fingers through it, again as if it was completely normal. I was too tired and it felt too good to care.

"You gonna come see our quidditch match tomorrow?" He asked casually, but in a soft, quiet voice.

It reminded me of when I was younger - laying on him as he talked to me. Whenever I used to get sleepy at a party or event that my family had gone to, I used to go crawl on my mom and lay down, never fully falling asleep. I would just lay against her chest while she ran her fingers through my hair absentmindedly, listening as she talked or laughed, hearing her heartbeat in her chest and smelling her comforting scent.

I realized then, that George was someone that I found comfort and safety in, along with Fred. Standing there leant up against him while still in his sweater, surrounded by a soothing scent of pine and fabric softener, hearing his steady breathing and feeling his fingers comb through my hair, I felt completely at ease. I wasn't worrying about some teacher finding us or Fred finding the cloak, I wasn't worried about what I would eat at dinner.

"Mmhm," I responded. "Gonna cheer the loudest".

He chuckled, and I could feel him shake a bit through the side of my head. "I was thinking, you should join the team," He said, teasing me.

"Ha ha," I said sarcastically. "I can't even sit straight on a broom".

"You know, we could give you lessons or something. Flying is a good skill to have".

I opened my eyes and looked up at him again. "And when would I ever need to know how to fly a broom?".

"I dunno," he said, looking down at me. "It's just good to know! Plus, if you ever come visit us in the summertime, we always have weasley quidditch tournaments, and you could be on my team".

I giggled. "Like I'm going to ever get to spend a summer away from Camden".

He rolled his eyes. "It could happen". I chuckled again and removed my head from his shoulder, standing up straight.

"Alright, if you guys will teach me I'll learn",  I said. I mean, what's the worst that could happen? I have always wanted to learn.

"Great!" He said, his arm still loosely wrapped around my waist. I didn't mind, it made me feel safe.

He began to hum a song, and I just stared at the wall opposite of the one we were leant against. I was thinking about how this day had gone with the twins and was just thinking about them in general. I had noticed that the way we acted together had changed a bit. I mean, I was standing there with Georges arm wrapped around me and had just been basically cuddling him in the hallway. I had noticed that they were much more touchy than they used to be, and just our entire dynamic had changed. I just assumed that now that the three of us were better friends, they were loosening up and that this was just how they acted with everyone that they were close to. To others, it might have looked like I was dating one of them or something, but I knew that it wasn't like that. I didn't feel about them that way.

I didn't mind how touchy-feely they were, in fact, I kind of liked it. It just made me feel closer to them and it made me feel safe. I guessed that I was just going to have to get over any internal weirdness that came along when one of them picked me up or hugged me, and was just going to have to realize that that's how they treated their friends. It felt good to know that they felt comfortable enough around me to act themselves.

The door to Mcgonnagals office opened, and a very stressed looking Fred walked out, thankfully holding Harry's invisibility cloak. "It was under two separate dissolution charms and was on top of one of the cabinets. That woman knows us too well".

"Apparently not well enough," I responded with a smile, happy that he had found it. Fred eyed George's arm wrapped around me with a look that I couldn't distinguish, so I slid out from his arm and said, "Let's go to dinner. I'm starving and I think it starts in like 20 minutes".

They both nodded, and we made our way back to the exit door, not needing to use the cloak because there was no one around.

We then walked around the side of the castle to get to where we would have originally walked in from detention.

"You want to go give this back to your boyfriend?" Fred asked with the cloak outstretched in his hand once we had made it in the doors of the castle.

"Not my boyfriend, but yes. Let's go get it to him before we go to dinner. I don't want to risk Mcgonnagal seeing". I didn't even try to argue with the boyfriend thing anymore, I knew that they weren't going to drop it.

We walked up the stairs to the Gryffindor common room, then through there walked to the boys dormitories. Fred and George led me to which door was Harry's, standing a few steps behind me to let me hand it off.

I knocked on the door, and a few seconds later, the door was opened by Harry himself. "Y/n!" He said in shock, patting his hair down a little bit and readjusting his shirt.

"Hi! We went and grabbed your cloak," I said before handing it to him.

Once he saw it, his eyes lit up. "Oh my god Y/n you're the best!" He said. He then pulled me into a tight hug. I let out a little sound of surprise but then pat him on the back with my free hand. He pulled away and grabbed the blanket from me. "Thank you," He said, looking at me as if I had just given him the world.

"No problem! Wasn't just me though, they did most of the work," I said, pointing back to Fred and George who were both wearing smirks. I rolled my eyes at them. "Whatever, I have to go. See you at dinner!" I said before turning away and looking at the twins with a look as if to say 'get me out of here'.

"Thanks again!" Harry said from behind me. I turned around and smiled at him again before walking away towards the common room. I turned back around and made my way to the common room.

"Don't say anything," I said while walking, knowing that they had both followed me.

"Wasn't going to," Fred said.

Once we got to the common room, I turned around to them and said, "I have to go get changed into my robes, are you guys going to head down to the dining hall?".

They shared a look and then George said, "No, we can just wait for you down here. Still doesn't start for another 5 minutes".

I smiled, happy that they would wait for me. "Okay! Just give me a couple minutes I'll be quick". I turned around and began to walk to my room, but turned back around after a couple of steps. "Oh wait, I forgot your sweater," I said to George and then reached down and took it off. I turned it right side out and handed it to him. "Here," I said.

"You don't want to keep it?" He asked.

I chuckled. "No, I have my own, thanks". He took it from me with a disappointed look on his face for some reason, but I was too hungry and ready to get down to dinner to wonder why. "Okay, I'll go get ready".

~~~~~~~~~

"This looks amazing," I said, filling my plate a little bit more than usual because I had gone on that walk today that probably burned enough calories for another bit of pasta.

I noticed that both Fred and George looked pleased at how much food was on my plate, but I pretended that I didn't notice their proud expressions.

Everyone was having their own expressions with each other, but Hermione got everyone's attention. "Okay, so we're all going to the quidditch game tomorrow, and then on Saturday we're all going to Hogsmeade correct?".

Everyone said a version of yes, except for Fred and George and me. "Huh?" I asked.

"Oh! I forgot you guys were in detention Y/n. We talked about going down to Hogsmeade and going to the shops and having lunch. Is that good with you guys?".

"Yeah that sounds fun!" I said, excited to go out into the wizarding world. Fred and George both nodded, and we all resumed our individual conversations.

We all finished eating and sat around the table for a while until the end of dinner, laughing with full stomachs.

Hermione and Ginny and I then headed back to our room to head to bed. I had changed into my pajama pants and a sweater, and secretly missed the bigger one that smelled of George.

After an hour consisting of gossiping or chatting about meaningless things while laughing so hard that my stomach hurt, I fell asleep quickly, happy despite what should have been a shitty day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

444K 3.9K 13
Evony, the daughter of alpha kade, of the winter moon pack, is known as a spoiled, stuck up and greedy she-wolf who doesn't pay any mind to those aro...
23.6K 698 12
You've been living at the prison for several weeks now. When you shambled up to the gates after being out in the woods for nearly a year, you couldn'...
112K 2.6K 51
THIS STORY IS DISCONTINUED quackityxoc in which, quackity messages the wrong number and finds himself enjoying her company or in which lauren receive...
241K 7.5K 35
Parrish is a bartender at a big time strip club, she's only at the job to make a little money for her own little book shop then she's off to do new t...