《C A L L I T D E S T I N Y》

By thisisallthat

Kiara Dempsey is one of the very best architects in the world. She is beautiful, smart and in her own way a h... More

《P R O L O G U E》
《C H A P T E R O N E》
《C H A P T E R T W O》
《C H A P T E R T H R E E》
《C H A P T E R F O U R》
《C H A P T E R F I V E》
《C H A P T E R S E V E N》
《C H A P T E R E I G H T》
《C H A P T E R N I N E》
《C H A P T E R T E N》
《C H A P T E R E L E V E N》
《C H A P T E R T W E L V E》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N》
《C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N》
《C H A P T E R F I F T E E N》
《C H A P T E R S I X T E E N》
《C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N》
《C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N》
《C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - O N E》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T W O》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T H R E E》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F O U R》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F I V E》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S I X》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S E V E N》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - E I G H T》
《C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - N I N E》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - O N E》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - T W O》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - T H R E E》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - F O U R》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - F I V E》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - S I X》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - S E V E N》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - E I G H T》
《C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - N I N E》
《C H A P T E R F O R T Y》
《C H A P T E R F O R T Y - O N E》
《C H A P T E R F O R T Y - T W O》
《C H A P T E R F O R T Y - T H R E E》
《C H A P T E R F O R T Y - F O U R》

《C H A P T E R S I X》

5.5K 157 4
By thisisallthat

Kiara's POV

We arrived in Brooklyn and he parked his car and he turned to me and said ,'It's a Mexican Restaurant I first visited when I was almost eleven years old. It's a hidden gem type of place and I thought you've probably eaten at all the places in Manhattan .'

I nodded and he jumped out and came round open my car door before I could do it myself. He put out a hand and I took it and he led me in the direction towards the entrance of the restaurant.

We walked into the restaurant and I saw an elderly woman barrelling towards us speaking in Spanish saying ,'Kieran mi chico estoy tan feliz de verte.' (Kieran my boy I'm so happy to see you. )

She got to us and started pinching Kieran's cheeks hard. I couldn't help the smile that grew on my lips seeing Kieran being smothered by this woman and it was clear he was enjoying it as well. He held her hands and said ,'Tía Adele, es bueno verte también.' (Aunt Adele it's good to see you too.)

Her eyes moved to me next to Kieran and said ,'Mi mi mi que hermosa chica.' (My my my what a beautiful girl.'

I didn't understand a word she had just said but before I could say anything she was shouting, 'George, Kieran trajo una niña y ella es hermosa.' (George, Kieran brought a girl and she is beautiful)

Kieran put his hands up and said ,'You guys are way too loud.'

There was a man standing behind the Italian woman and I was guessing he was George. Kieran put his hands on my shoulders affectionately and said ,'Aunt, Uncle this is Kiara.'

They nodded and I went for a handshake only to be pulled in for a double bear hug. They pulled away and with a heavy Spanish accent his Aunt said ,'No darling we hug in this family.'

I smiled at their warmth and they started describing to me how Kieran never brought girls anywhere ever. All I was getting from Kieran was groans. We were sitting and I was still hearing stories of Kieran dodging girls and even going to the extent of sleeping at their house to avoid girls. Kieran shook his head and said ,'Don't you have food to be cooking?'

That comment earned him an elbow jab in his arm from me and a slap with a dish towel from his aunt. I giggled and that earned me a look from Kieran which made me pretend I hadn't laughed and looked at the menu.

I looked at Kieran's aunt and said ,'Uhm what do you recommend?'

She gave me a warm smile and said ,'Call me Aunt Adele sweetheart.'

I smiled back gratefully because I didn't know her surname and I did not want to assume. She hummed and said ,'Well how hungry are you?'

I sighed and said ,'Starving.'

She laughed at my action and said ,'You'll love love love my cheesy beef quesadillas . I know it's a basic meal but it's amazing and I make the best.'

I smiled and said ,'Wow, now I'm super excited and anxious. '

She squeezed my shoulder and said ,'Just give me a fifteen minutes. Kieran are you having your usual.'

Kieran nodded and said ,'Yes please Aunt.'

She smiled and said ,'You kids just give me a few minutes and I'll be here with your meals.'

She walked away and I leaned back into my booth. I looked up at Kieran and he was already looking at me. I took a sip of some of the wine he had poured for me and he said ,'You cut our conversation short this morning.'

I didn't look up from the glass and I said ,' I could have sworn we were done.'

He lifted my chin to look at him and he said ,'We weren't.'

My breathe hitched and I said ,'Okay what else did you want to say?'

He looked into my eyes and said ,'Well I wanted to ask you out, ask for your number and who knows what else.'

I hummed and I said ,'I'll think about giving you my number.'

He smiled and said ,'That's okay but I have a question, why can't PI's find your number?'

I gave him a smile and didn't say anything. The answer to that question would be that my cousins had something to do with that. With the people I surround myself with and the impossibility to get my number you have to get my private number from me essentially.

I looked around the restaurant and I felt like I could see couples everywhere. Suddenly I felt uncomfortable and looked down at my fingers. I need a new set of acrylics actually. I heard Aunt Adele burst out laughing and I located her outside the kitchen with Uncle George and he was looking at her with the most love in his eyes.

I smiled and I turned back to look at Kieran and said ,'Your aunt and uncle seem fun.'

He chuckled and said ,'Yes they are.'

We finished lunch and I was back at the office. Marcello walked into my office and said ,'Was that a date?'

I rolled my eyes at him and said ,'No it wasn't a date.'

Marcello gave me a look and said ,'Uhuh, so what was it?'

I leaned back in my office chair and said ,'He wasn't happy with how I ended our conversation earlier today.'

Marcello folded his arms across his chest and said ,'And that's all?'

I shrugged then said ,'Don't you have multiple speeches to be writing, work to be doing because I do.'

He sighed, plopped down on a chair on the other side of my desk and said ,'I'm so excited to be working with you baby sister.'

I smiled and said ,'Me too, now go to work.'

He groaned and said ,'Okay bye. I'll facetime you tonight to hear your speech and to read mine too.'

I nodded and he walked out of my office. I smiled really excited to work with Marcello and looked down at my iPad continuing with my other designs. Starting next week I would be incharge of finance as well as the Chief Finance Officer and I was excited I loved Accounting and Finances and now I could do that as well as Architecture.

I stepped out of my favorite car which is a black Mercedes G Class that I had customized extensively. I had spent a hefty amount of money on this car and I felt very guilty about it. The car was bullet proof and the white leather inside which is customised with my name. It had a hidden small weapons cabinet in case I ever needed anything. I had really put a lot of personal touches in the car and I really loved it even though it was expensive. It was my daily drive around car. 

I walked into the elevator with my laptop bag, iPad and all the drawing pads and drawing equipment I needed for work. I walked into the lobby of my penthouse and sitting on my couch again was none other than James.

I rolled my eyes and said ,'What is with you guys and showing up everywhere I am?'

James stood up with a completely straight face and said ,'We have to talk.'

I put all my stuff down on my dining room table and said ,'You can't waltz into my penthouse and demand to talk. We are not friends and I am not dating your friend anymore so please leave.'

He stood up and said ,'Maybe get better security then.'

I groaned and said ,'Apparently that's a precaution I need to take. You need to get out, I'm not in the mood to entertain guests.'

He folded his arms across his chest and gave me a look. I went to the dining room table and picked up my phone to call Marcello. The phone was ringing and ringing but he didn't pick up, trust Marcello to not be available when necessary. I called Hannah and she answered almost immediately.

I sighed in relief and said ,'Hannah, please come down here?'

She hummed and said ,'Uhm okay, but exactly what am I coming to do?'

I turned back to look at James who was looking at me already and I said ,'James is here uninvited.'

She paused for a second and said ,'You have got to be kidding. I have a better plan someone who can get there faster, okay?'

I hummed and said ,'Okay thanks I don't want to be sued or be in jail before the press conference tomorrow.'

She laughed and said ,'Okay, the person is on their way and you really need to move because the security there is horrible.'

I sighed and said ,'Yeah maybe I should move into one of my dad's buildings finally like my dad insisted for me to do. '

She answered with ,'Well it took you long enough, your dad has the best one's in the city.'

I groaned and said ,'Yeah whatever.'

I ended the call and just gave James an icy look and carried all my work equipment to my office. I could hear him following me and I turned to him and said ,'Can you not get a hint? I don't want to talk to you.'

I put my laptop, iPad and documents on my desk and I turned around and walked back to the kitchen so when whoever is coming arrives I'm where I can be saved. I am a very annoying character so if James attempts to choke me, I want to be where the person will see it.

James stood on the opposite side of the kitchen island and said ,'Harry is in love with you Kiara and he's sorry.'

I rolled my eyes and he continued and said ,'Give him another chance.'

It was like constantly hearing the same thing and in all honesty I was over it and done hearing it. I didn't want to take back Harry it just wasn't going to happen. Having people try and force it down my throat now had me very irritated and it was seriously rubbing me the wrong way.

I rolled my eyes again and said ,'And who are you to come in here giving orders? Your best friend must have forgotten to tell you I don't listen to anybody so that tone you are using is doing nothing but pissing me off. '

James groaned and said ,'Must you be so difficult.'

I shrugged and with attitude said ,'Well I am Italian and you know what they say, never take an Italian lady's kindness for advantage or rather in this case my patience as a weakness.'

I heard the elevator doors open and of course Kieran stepped out of the elevator doors looking around. He looked very attractive right there with his purely emotionless face and we made eye contact and he came towards me and I felt myself walking towards him as well. He took hold of my face and said ,'Are you okay? Didn't we talk about your security.'

I smiled and said ,'I'm okay Kieran.'

He let out a breathe of relief and said ,'Hannah said you were being harassed.'

I looked in James direction who was already watching us and Kieran noticed him. I motioned towards James and said ,'Technically I am. I just needed help getting rid of James and I can't get into any sort of scandal because of the press conference I have tomorrow.'

Kieran nodded and said to James ,'Can I help you?'

His face was emotionless but anyone could tell he wasn't being accommodating with his question. James straightened up but he looked intimidated and said ,'I wanted to talk to Kiara.'

Kieran cleared his throat and said ,'Well I'm sure she communicated that she did not want to talk to you so please leave the residence.'

Kieran's voice was very intimidating right now and his very dark grey eyes looked like there was a storm brewing in them. I walked to my refrigerator and took two bottles of water. One of the bottles of water was for me and the other one was for Kieran because he looked like he would need to calm down. I went back to him and looked at his hands that were flexing while James and him just glared at each other. I took a deep breathe and took a chance by taking hold of his hand, when I saw not even the slightest shift in his posture, I tried to pull away but he tightened his hold on my hand. I looked up at James and said ,'Please leave James and tell Harry I want nothing to do with him.'

He sighed and said ,'Look Kiara just think about it okay?' he walked into the elevator and disappeared behind the closing doors.

For about a minute it was quiet and Kieran said in a very low volume voice ,'Kiara.'

I sighed and said ,'I know, I know my security is horrible. '

He ran a hand over his face and said ,'What's your plan because Harry seems to be getting more and more desperate and who knows what his next decision or move will be.'

I walked away to my office and heard him following me and I said ,'First off I can handle Harry, I just don't like resorting to violence unless it's completely necessary.'

Kieran looked at me and said ,'And when he doesn't come alone? Kiara you need to either get better security here or move somewhere where there is better security because desperate people are unpredictable.'

I sighed and whispered ,'Okay.'

I couldn't find it in me to get fiesty or angry because he talked to be calmly, in a low voice. I groaned with a pout at him and said ,'You know it's hard for me to argue with you when you come with all your manly logic and calm aura.'

He chuckled and said ,'I may be calm on the outside but it is different on the inside.

I looked into his eyes but they were straight up emotionless, I couldn't read any emotion from him except maybe stoic if that's an emotion even.

I cleared my throat and said ,'Thank you Kieran, I'm sorry for disturbing whatever you were doing but I still appreciate your help.'

He nodded and said ,'It was my pleasure Kiara.'

The way he said my name sent shivers down my spine. I played it off and gave him a smile and said ,'Let me show you out.'

I walked in front and he was following and we got to the elevator and I said ,'Thanks again.'

He nodded and said ,'Security Kiara.'

I nodded at him with a smile and waved as the doors closed. The doors shut and I let out a sigh with my heart pounding extremely hard. I put my hand to my chest and slumped onto my couch and what was I thinking at that moment, all I was thinking was this is going to hurt if it doesn't work out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 11.8K 30
☆☆☆ He was rich, handsome and ruthless and he thought he wouldn't fall until he met her. She was beautiful, kind and smart but she never thought a ma...
61K 496 6
In Harm's Way is currently available to purchase on Amazon! 🎉🎉 Check it out here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CW1GCBJ2?ref_=pe_93986420_775043100 ...
2.8M 90.1K 37
Kiara Sage, a simple girl. She owns a small bakery, lives with her dad and little sister. Living a very content life, Kiara knew nothing about love u...
147K 6.3K 52
Billionaire's series ~ 3 She's my drug. I'm addicted to her. I'll willingly get ruined, if only she's the one who wants to ruin me. ~"Kiss me, Adrian...