I Fell in Love with River Jam...

By Apahlen

21 year old Ajay Mistry has just broken with his girlfriend of three years on his graduation day in college... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Attention

Chapter 25

2.5K 71 2
By Apahlen

River and I stood there frozen, arms around each other. Omar is still standing in the doorway with that angry look on his face. I wanted to lie to him, telling him that's there's nothing going on between us, but he won't believe me because he just caught us kissing.

I needed to say something. "Omar, I can explain-" I started to say.

He shook his head. "No, no, Ajay. I do not want to hear it." He took a deep breath. "I just wanted to let you know that Elsa wanted you and see what's taking you so long, but now, I can totally see that." He scoffed and walked out of the room.

I looked back at River. "Oh my god, this is going to be horrible isn't it?" I asked him.

"I believe so."

I sighed. This is just great. My brother just found out about us, and I can feel things are going to be pretty bad between the three of us.

"Should we still go downstairs?" he asked.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, we probably should."

We walked downstairs and went to the backyard. Omar is sitting there at a table with Katelynn chatting with Grace and Cassidy. Justin, Ethan, and Bailey are sitting with them too. I wonder if he told them. No way. He wouldn't do that. Would he?

"Ajay."

I looked down to see Elsa grabbing onto my shirt. "Push me, please?"

I sighed. "Yeah, sure." We went over to the swing set and I pushed her on the swing. She keeps telling me to push her higher and higher. While I was pushing her, I kept thinking about Omar. I still can't believe he caught us. I've never seen him pissed off like this before. I don't why he was; it can't be because he caught me making out a boy. Was it because he caught me making out with his best friend and no one else?

"Come on, Ajay. Higher!" Elsa said.

"I can't push you higher or else you'll fall off," I told her.

"Aww, you're not fun," she whined.

I smiled and looked over at Omar, who's now giving me a dirty look. I quickly look away and paid more attention to Elsa. She got tired and I stopped pushing her. She jumped off the swing and gives me a hug. "Thanks, Ajay."

"Yeah." Elsa ran off to her mom and Salvatore, who are talking to Minnie's parents. I looked back at Omar, who's now talking to Justin. I started to get nervous. What if he's telling Justin that he caught me and River kissing and Justin is telling him about me sleeping with him?

A few minutes later, guests started to leave and so did we. As I went to give Irene a hug, she said, "Thanks for coming, Ajay. I want you over at my house by nine on Friday."

"Yes, ma'am."

Elena, Katelynn, Omar, and I walked back to our house. When we went inside I went upstairs to my room and Omar followed me. "So, how long has this thing been going on between you and River?" he asked.

Oh god, this now? "About a month," I told him.

"Since you came back! What the fuck, Ajay! Is that why you broke up with Tori! Because you had a thing for River!" Omar yelled.

"Not at first."

"What do you mean not at first?" His hands curled into fists.

"Well, umm..." How am I going to tell him what happened three years ago?

"Well?" he pressed.

"Fine. You want to know what happened? I kissed him the day I left for college. Happy!"

"You what?"

"Yeah. I kissed him because I wanted to make him feel better about his fucking father. And beside, why the fuck do you care if I'm making out with him or sleeping with him. Do you have a problem with me liking men now?" I spat at him.

"What do you think?" he snapped at me. "Do you think I like seeing you making out with my best friend?"

"Wow." I can't believe I'm hearing this from my brother. "This isn't about me being gay. This is about me screwing around with your best friend."

"No, Ajay. Maybe it's the fact that my best friend turned my brother into a faggot!"

"What...what the fuck did you just say?" I asked, curling my hands into fist.

"You heard me."

I went up to him and punched him in the face. Blood started to come out of his nose.

"What the fuck, man?!" Omar yelled, holding his nose.

"How do you like that huh, bitch!" I punched him in the face again.

"You asshole!" He tried to punched me back, but the dick forgot that I'm stronger and faster than he is. I grabbed his fist and punched him again, which caused him to fall on the floor. Katelynn and Elena ran into my room.

"Oh my god!" Katelynn went over to Omar.

"What happened, Ajay!" Elena said.

"Nothing! He was pissing me off like he always does!" I said.

Elena stepped back from me and sat down on my bed.

"Baby, are you okay?" Katelynn asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Omar got off from the floor. "I probably just need my nose cleaned."

"Here, let's go to the bathroom." Katelynn grabbed Omar by the hand and pulled him out of here.

Elena turned to me. "What happened, Ajay?"

"He found out about me and River and he called me a faggot."

Elena gave me a sympathetic look. "Why would he say that?"

"I don't know. It's probably because he's an asshole."

"It's not because you're doing things with River?" she asked.

"That's what I said, and he said it's because River turned me into a-" I stopped and took a sharp breath.

"That word?"

I nodded my head.

"Wow," was all she said.

"Yeah, I know." Tears started to come out of my eyes. "I thought he would be okay with this." I sat down on the bed and started to sob.

Elena scoot over and hugged me. "Just give him time, Ajay. That's all he needs."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

I heard someone coming upstairs. I wiped the tears from my eyes as my dad stand in my doorway. "Hey, kids."

"Hey, dad. How was work?" Elena asked.

"It was okay. Few people have cavities, and a kid needed a tooth pulled out. You know, the usual."

"Nothing's changed, huh?" Elena asked.

"No, not really." He turned to walk out of my room then his eyes widen. "Omar, what happened to your face?"

"Nothing! I fell!" He walked past Dad with Katelynn behind him. "I'm going to walk Katelynn home."

"Okay. Your mom will be home soon and we'll be making supper," Dad said.

"Yes sir." I heard him going downstairs and heard the door opened and slammed shut.

Dad looked back at Elena and me. "What was that all about?"

"I don't know," I said. Beside the fact that Omar caught me and River making out and he called me a homophobic word.

"Okay, then," Dad said. He walked out of my room.

I turned to Elena. "Do you think he'll get over this?"

"I hope so." She leaned her head on my shoulder and sighed. We sat there for a while until Mom came home and told me and Elena we have to help her and Dad make supper. Omar came home a few minutes later and helped too. The both of us have been quiet during supper while Mom and Dad talked about their day. Elena told Mom and Dad about the lunch at the James' house and how Elsa liked it when I pushed her on the swing.

After supper, I went up to my room. I saw that the scrapbook is still on my bed. I picked it up and look through it again. I see some pictures with me, River, and Omar. The three of us saw that a baby bird flew out it's nest and we worked together to get it back up there. We were so happy we got that bird back to its mama. Now looking at the picture, I started to get really pissed.

"Goddamit!" I threw the scrapbook across the room and stood there with my hands balled into fists. This was my fucking brother. How could he say that to my face? I want to go back out there and kick his ass some more. But of course, my stupid parents always tells me that violence is not the answer. That sure didn't help me a few times.

I sighed and grabbed my scrapbook and put it in my closet. I just hope the idiot would just accept the fact that I'm gay and I like River. And if he doesn't...that's too damn bad.

...

Feel free to comment if you like.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195 31 21
Two boys meet and become friends but one begins to realise he's not as straight as he thought. (The age range in the is around 17 and 16 year olds)
146K 6.5K 30
Most of his friends seemed fully aware of his ridiculous feelings for Mat. In fact, Mat was about the only one who was oblivious. River had been been...
7.8K 335 45
Quill Jacobs moves to town from Ottawa Canada where his family abandoned him. He meets Jayyson, who is two years older than him. He moves in with Jay...
1.3M 80.9K 76
Since River has been old enough to ask, his father has brain-washed into believing that he's unworthy of any sort of love. Especially from his long-a...