Kiss Me Goodnight (L.S.)

By missingstylinson14

Harry's life was perfect. Stunning girlfriend. Good friends. The picture perfect idea of his future after gra... More

One
Two
Three
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Five Months Later

Four

1.1K 30 38
By missingstylinson14

This week has been hell.

Usually the first week of school is smooth sailing, but by Friday I'm exhausted. Though the majority of students here got in by simply paying the tuition rather than based on actual test scores, a certain expectation is still held for our academics. It’s only been a week but the teachers here have wasted no time cracking down on the lesson plans. I’ve already taken two tests, which luckily I have passed.

I’m just grateful it’s finally the weekend.
Side by side with Kelly, I exit the school and am met with yet another blistering hot day. Since the first day, Kelly’s kindness hasn’t faltered one bit as she has checked multiple times a day to make sure I’m getting along well enough here. I only smile as she asks yet again how my day has gone, but quickly she’s distracted by a small blue Toyota pulling up to the side walk. I recognize the car too as her boyfriend, Issac’s.

On Wednesday, she giddily introduced us when he picked her up in the same spot, sure that we would hit it off. Issac graduated early last summer and has been attending his first year of university. His quiet intelligence pairs perfectly with Kelly’s wholesome being.

She holds up a finger to Issac, telling him to wait, and directs her attention back to me. There’s worry in her eyes.
“Kelly,” I smile again, endearingly. “I”m fine. It was a good day and I can make it to the car by myself. Go.”

Though she shifts uncomfortably, not sure if she trusts that I’m doing well, she nods and pats my arm. I laugh and wave as she dips into Issacs car, and heads to the road.
Making my way through the parking lot, I quickly find my car and am not surprised to see Louis leaning against it for the fifth school day.

Rolling my eyes, I ask, “So this is going to be an everyday thing?”

“Maybe. If you’re lucky,” Louis winks. “Like if I don’t get bored of you.”

Letting out a muffled laugh, I tilt my head to the side. I’m still trying to learn this kid's sense of humor, and I’m comforted when he laughs along too.

“So you’re still coming tonight right?”
I take a moment to go back over the last few days in my mind, ultimately coming up blank. Did we have plans? I’m almost embarrassed to ask, “Tonight?”

“Beck’s party, remember?” 

Again I’m at a loss. Beck? Did I meet someone named Beck? Suddenly, I remember the conversation in the 2nd period the first day. Jake Beckerman invited us all to his house tonight.

Beckerman. Beck.

I shake my head at the confusion from the nickname, as I kick a pebble with the toe of my boot. “I uh— I don’t really know yet.” My words stumble out and I worry that Louis may be able to hear the discomfort in them. Jake and I hadn’t talked much, except for him informing me of Louis’ extracurricular activities. What if he doesn’t really want me to come? In all reality, he hadn’t asked me to come. It was Louis who had extended the invitation.

“I’ll get back to you on that.”

“C’mon Styles,” his words almost sound like a beg, and I can already feel myself wanting to agree when he says, “You can get ready at mine. I really want you there.”

I scratch the back of my neck, debating how to answer. Although I may not really know all these people yet, I’m still standing face to face with probably the most popular guy here, and I’m hit with a realization. 

If I can get in good with him, I’m set for the year. I can fly under the radar for the nine months until graduation, and then it’s smooth sailing on my way back to England.
Two seconds before I say yes, I glance back to Louis and see his lip jutted out, begging me, and suddenly, there’s a knot in my throat.

Fuck.

On my drive home, I do my best to think of anything other than the look on Louis’ face as he asked me to meet him at his house before the party. It turns out to be nearly impossible as Look After You by The Fray starts blaring from the radio speakers. Immediately, I’m brought back to lunch, sitting in the cafeteria, as Louis very excitedly informed me that The Fray is one of his favorite bands.

How To Save A Life? Iconic.”

I can’t help the grin that rises on my face as I recall the memory.

Pulling into my driveway, it’s not even a minute later that I see a red sedan pull into the driveway beside me. Louis makes a funny face as soon as we make eye contact. I’m grateful he can’t hear the loud laugh that fills my car before I slap my hand over my mouth.

As I step out, I send him a wave and head up the steps to my house. Stepping inside and closing the door I hear a faint “I better see your ass at my house later, curly,” come from the other side.

In the kitchen I drop my bag to the counter and head toward the fridge. 

“What’s got you all smiley?” I hear from the living room. Turning to find Robin, I shake my head, trying to wipe the smile from my face, but each time I try, it just comes right back.

“Oh nothing, nothing.”

He sets down the newspaper he’s been reading, surely looking for a construction site in need of help. He’s spent the last few days making sure the move has gone swiftly, and Mum had everything she needed at work. Last night at dinner he announced he is ready to find a position. 

“Any luck?”

“Not quite yet, but don’t you worry, I’ll find something soon enough. By the way, that Claire of yours left another message. You should call her.”

Throwing my head back, I rub my hand over my face. It’s not that I’m avoiding my girlfriend, I called her yesterday. But it seems the move has been difficult on her, making her, if possible, even more clingy.

“I’ll head up to call her now.”

“Not until after homework,” he calls as I head up the stairs.

After a quick hour of finishing worksheets, I dig my phone out of my school back and open the call app. Seeing my best mates name at the top, I decide to give Niall a quick call before I dial Claire’s number. 
I glance at the clock and do some quick math. It’s pretty late in Cheshire so I’m not surprised when the dial tone chirps a few times with no answer. Infact, my finger hovers over the ‘End Call’ button as I finally hear his voice.

“Hel- Hello?” he says, oddly out of breath for this time of night.

“Hey mate! What’d you do? Run a marathon to get to the phone?”

“Something like that.” There’s an edge to his voice that I can’t quite place.
It’s then that I hear something muffled in the background. A woman’s voice comes through but I can’t quite make out what she’s saying. Suddenly, a heat rises in my face as I understand just what exactly I’m interrupting.

Niall hushes his guest as I let out an uncomfortable laugh. I apologize hastily for calling at such a bad time and let him know I’ll call him back some other day, quickly ending the call.

For as long as I’ve known him, Niall has never been the type to sleep around. Infact, he’s only ever been with one girl, his ex, Daphne, who later cheated on him with her class tutor. It did not end well.
Shaking my head, trying to distract myself from the idea of those two getting back together, I dial the familiar number I've memorized since freshman year, when I first started having feelings for Claire, and thought knowing her number by heart may impress her.

WIthout even a ring, Claire's voice fills my ear as her answering machine picks up.
“Claire, Claire, Claire. What have I said about charging your phone? You’re probably asleep anyway so I’ll call you in the morning. Sleep well, Love.”
There’s still an hour or two before I’m expected at Louis before the party, so I work on getting the rest of the boxes in my room unpacked. 

Making a path through the cardboard, I head towards the window opposite my bed. Pushing open the blue curtains, I find the blinds covered in dust which is quick to surround my room as soon as I open them. The particles in the air cause me to nearly cough up a lung. 

Once I can finally breathe again, looking out the window it’s clearer now just how close the next house over is. Louis’ house.
In fact, my view is directly into his bedroom. I recognize the red paint and band posters. His dormer window is maybe three yards from mine. The roof lines are nearly touching; it would be easy enough to simply walk to his room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 624 28
Summary: five years ago, harry styles left his tiny home town to make it big as a recording artist. he didn't have much regard for what he left behin...
3.6K 138 18
Welcome to a Larry AU about Harry and Louis being childhood friends--- Harry and Louis meet each other in the sandbox and are instant best friends...
10.4K 454 44
Louis Tomlinson. He is the typical ideal athlete at his school, Hayfield high school. Everyone thinks they know him. You know, a player with a big eg...
394 8 11
Louis and Harry were once really happy. They welcomed new people with open arms and they were really the type of friend that you would want to have a...