From 6ft Under | Hajeongwoo

Por itsbaejinjja

T R E A S U R E Watanabe Haruto - Park Jeongwoo Park Jeongwoo, A divine being was sent to the human realm a... Más

Prologue
[I] Tainted Angel
[II] Hell is who you are
[III] The fall of light
[IV] Gang Berry
[V] Great Pretender
[VI] Chasing chaos
[VII] Books, Memories, & Immortals
[VIII] Good boys go bad
[IX] Kiss me
[X] Greed and Healing
[XI] Payback Time
[XII] Spontaneous compensation
[XIII] Compensation
[XIV] Graveyard of the Unburied
[XV] Lifting the veil
[XVI] Chain of Custody
[XVII] Memory Chip
[XVIII] War of Miscreants
[XIX] Calm and Chaos
[XX] Devil's Prayer
[XXI] Kinds of Brave
[XXII] Alone Together
[XXIII] Lingering Doubts
[XXIV] Embodiment of Lust
[XXV] Puppy Love
[XXVI] An Archangel's Equivalent
[XXVII] Gift of Choice
[XXVIII] Waiting Game
[XXIX] Burning Bridges
[XXX] The Final Judgement

Epilogue

2.1K 154 265
Por itsbaejinjja

two decades later

;

Third Person

Have you ever felt like you've forgotten something very important to you?

Park Jeongwoo, a typical guy in his 20s woke up with a family he doesn't even recognize as his. One thing is for sure, he was told to have a picture-perfect life. A Perfect life. Wealthy family, great university life, excellent career plans, and a bunch of good and reliable friends. But above all the great things in his life, he can't help but question his existence. Every day he would lock himself in his room and cry over the emptiness in his heart— something he couldn't understand and explain.

Everything seems normal until he woke up on his 21st birthday and started having these nightmares and heavy feelings every day. As if it was made to convince him that he's not the person he is right now. As if the life he has doesn't line up with what his family tells him.

"Jeongwoo?" he heard his mom called, knocking twice on his door before opening it. The woman smiled amiably at him. "I'm going to the grocery today. Do you want anything for dinner?"

He forced out a bright smile and approach the woman. "Anything is fine, mom. Just get me a pack of mochi please." Jeongwoo answered, earning a nod from his mother before the latter left him alone again.

His thoughts were interrupted by the loud ringing of his phone. It was Kim Doyoung, a dance major from the university, he just became friends with the latter a year ago but since then, he was introduced to Doyoung's friends that eventually became his friends too.

"You didn't attend your morning class?" the latter said on the other line causing Jeongwoo to sigh.

"I don't have a morning class. Why? Are you guys hanging out?"

Jeongwoo heard waves of laughter and screams from the other line, obviously symbolizing that Doyoung is already with their group of friends. "I'm on my way." he replied and ended the call.

The drive to their usual hangout place is quick. He arrived in fifteen minutes and was welcomed with the same chaotic circle he belongs to. He slowly slides the glass door open and left his shows behind. A movie playing on the huge projector screen, scattered chips around the place, cans of soft drinks, nerf guns, and a messy pile of Uno cards on the center table.

"You're late, Jeongwooooo!!!" It was Junghwan who screamed, the youngest in their group of friends.

"We already finished the whole box of pizza!" Asahi, a friend who's majoring in fine arts.

"Can you guys clean up your own freaking mess?! I'm not a maid!" Jeongwoo laughs at Mashiho's frustrated yell but soon distanced himself quickly. Making him sit on the very end of the available couch where he saw their other friend, Jihoon, snuggling close to his boyfriend of 3 years— Choi Hyunsuk, a senior from the Department of Natural Science.

"Here. I saved two pieces for you." Doyoung came out of nowhere handing him a plate of overload pizza that he gladly took and place on his lap. Behind is Doyoung's boyfriend who had his hands rested on the younger male's waist. It was Bang Yedam, a Political Science major.

"Thanks. I can tell you guys had so much fun, judging how Mashiho is frustrated with the mess." he replied laughing as he took a bite of his pizza.

"Don't mind him. He's just frustrated over his boyfriend who hasn't texted him for two days because of a case study." Asahi intervened and gently pushes him to seat beside him.

The tan-skinned Korean grinned at the sight. "What about you and that hopeless romantic dude from Engineering?"

The Japanese immediately pinch him on the side and made faces to dodge his question which he only answered with a victorious laugh before he continued eating his food. He didn't know but spending time with his friends felt like home even if he only knew them for a year. Spending time with them made him feel like they've known each other for decades and if he can exaggerate more, it was as if they met him in his past life.

"Oh, by the way. Don't you have any plans to celebrate your 21st birthday?" Mashiho queried after successfully cleaning the whole room and organizing back to how it looked like earlier.

Jeongwoo chuckled at the question. "Mashi, that's literally a month ago. I was too busy to have a decent celebration." he answered. Last month, he only went out to dinner with his family and that's it since he had a few term papers to finish as well as a research paper to defend.

"Come on. You haven't celebrated it with us." Jihoon got up from snuggling close to his boyfriend, giving a convincing look to the younger.

The latter only sighed and the older ones in the group took that nonverbal gesture as a go signal. "Then let's celebrate it! What about a party?" the other Japanese suggested in enthusiasm.

"Junkyu knows a place where we can rent a yacht! We could celebrate it in that place."

Jeongwoo shakes his hands no and hurriedly moves up. "I don't have the money for that!" he protested making the others laugh.

"You literally came from a rich family, what do you mean?" Junghwan stated earning a nod from their friends who only proceeds to jot down their plans for Jeongwoo's late celebration.

The afternoon passed by quickly, at exactly 3, they had to walk back to the university to attend their respective lectures. Jeongwoo was now left with Asahi and Doyoung who are in the same department as him.

"You look so down and stressed these past few days." Asahi, the oldest of the three, commented while they're walking in the hallway.

Jeongwoo took a deep breath before he looked away and stared at the group of people struggling to make it in time for their classes.

"I'm okay but.... how do I say this? I feel strange."

The two males beside him exchange glances. "What do you mean?" Doyoung asked carefully.

"Strange for feeling like I am not myself. Do you know that weird feeling of waking up one day with a heavy heart? I feel like I have forgotten who I am." he explained and even made gestures to express his sentiment but the two only stared at him in silence.

Jeongwoo awkwardly nibbles his lips and scratched his nape. "Forget it! I know I'm acting weird. Just pretend I never said that!"

Silence embraced the atmosphere after he said those words and when he tilted his head to check the two, they're still giving him a blank stare that automatically scared Jeongwoo a bit.

"Do you believe in the afterlife? Archangels? Immortals?" Asahi asked and Jeongwoo did not fail to notice how Doyoung panicked at the older male's question.

The youngest of the three stared into nothingness before looking back and forth from Doyoung then to Asahi before he burst out laughing.

"What the heck, Asahi? Are you a kindergarten?" Jeongwoo said in between laughter. "You watched too many dramas and read too many webtoons!"

He couldn't stop laughing after that, failing to notice the exchange of messages from the two by staring and nudging each other on the side.

"You said he'll remember on the 21st. It's already passed the time!"

"I never said that! It was an estimation, hyung!"

The loud bell from the hallways interrupted the three from their own worlds. A tapping of the mic was heard from the speaker, signaling an announcement to be made. The three stopped on their track and waited.

"Good afternoon my dear students! I know this is sudden but I have an important announcement to make. The following classes for the next three days will be suspended in preparation for our university fest that has been postponed. Classes will be suspended for three days to give the students time to enjoy themselves. The board has decided to organize a party for everyone! Wait for the further announcement regarding the details. A memo will be posted in a while. Have a great day!"

Screams and excited yells from the different lecture halls echoed in the hallways, even the students passing by jumps in excitement at the announcement. Jeongwoo only shrugs his shoulder since he's never fond of social activities while Doyoung and Asahi are still occupied by their frustrations. 

"Do you guys have any plans for the next three days?" Jeongwoo asked and stand in between the two.

Doyoung awkwardly chuckles and diverted his gaze to the clueless male. "Let's attend the party!" he exclaimed and cling unto Jeongwo who quickly shakes his head at the invitation.

"I'm not into parties. I won't attend."

The oldest stared seriously into Jeongwoo's eyes. "You. will. attend." he stated word by word, so cold that it made the younger frozen followed by a small nod that naturally came out.

The cold eyes of the older were quickly replaced with a bright smile. "Alright! Then it's settled. I'm looking forward to the party." Asahi said and happily looks forward to the hallway.

±

Things run smoothly as they usually do. Park Jeongwoo found himself standing in front of the library he recently found in the university. The party will be in three hours but he has to make a quick revision on his term paper. He sighed for the nth time, squinting his eyes at the closed door.

"It's a restricted library. You can use the other one on the main campus." A voice said from behind making him turn around. Jeongwoo furrows his eyebrows at the presence of a certain someone he's not very fond of.

The taller male smiles. "You don't seem to remember me."

"I do remember you, just the face though. I always forgot your name." He lied. The latter is just too annoying and aggressive for him.

Since he got into the university, the other male did nothing but pick on him and randomly compliments him whenever they crossed paths.

"What's my name then?"

Jeongwoo sighed, shaking his head before he spoke. "Haruto. Watanabe Haruto, Happy?"

The taller chuckled playfully then nods in delight. "Very" silence comes after that until Haruto stared at him.

"I can accompany you to the e-library instead. The other libraries are closed because of the event. The staff took a break too."

"Don't you have other places to be?" Jeongwoo bluntly asked, not caring much if it will offend the other male.

"Asahi sent me here" 

"What?"

Haruto laughs. "I said, let's go before the e-library close." then he walks past the Jeongwoo who had no choice but to follow behind looking all clueless and lost.

The walk to the library is quiet. The Korean can only stare at the taller walking ahead of him, it made him wonder how and why he's never fond of Haruto when seems fine and outgoing— adding the fact that he's quite acquainted with Jeongwoo's friends particularly Asahi and Doyoung.

"We're here." the tall Japanese announced. Walking close to open the door for the latter who stared at him for a few seconds before making his way inside the e-library. 

"Thank you. I've never been in this library actually."

"No worries." he answered and look over the counter to wave at the professor standing near the information desk— Kazama Noa.

"Please look after him." Haruto said that only earned a grin from the Engineer. "I'll see you around, Jeongwoo."

"I guess so. See you around, Haruto." And the next things he knew, the taller male already disappeared from his sight.

Jeongwoo shrugs his shoulder at the familiar feeling he felt inside before he glances at the professor who was staring at him with a smile. He politely bowed down and walk to the nearest computer available and started doing his editing.

It took him almost 2 hours to wrap up his final paper and maybe, luck wasn't on his side. The tan-skinned Korean started rummaging on his bag to find that small piece he was so sure he dropped somewhere inside. His actions automatically halt when a flash drive was placed right on his table— "Engineer Kazama" Jeongwoo greeted.

The older male smiled at him. "You can have that to save what needs to kept." he said staring right into the latter.

"Thank you so much, Engr. I'll return it tomorrow." Jeongwoo stated shyly and took the flash drive.

The engineer shakes his head no. "You don't have to. It's yours, Jeongwoo."

A frown was made visible to his face but the older casually shrugs his shoulders before leaving him with the flash drive. Jeongwoo ignored the cryptic words he got from the engineer and proceeds to use the drive.

Jeongwoo was never the type to complain when it comes to receiving help and favor from people but his eyebrows automatically knit when he saw that the storage drive is full. He was about to pull the drive from the computer when he saw a file named 'You did well. You waited long enough.'

Much to his curiosity, Jeongwoo clicked the folder. A database. He mumbled to himself. But what surprised him more are the pictures and short clips in the folder.

Memories that had been forgotten through fate and time. Tears started running down his cheeks, since Jeongwoo woke up on his 21st, he knew something is missing. He knew he wasn't the same person he always thought he is. Maybe it's a part of him but the bigger part of his existence longed for the person he used to be.

Wiping his tears, Jeongwoo silently eyed the note written after the short clips. You have a few people to face— chances are, the archangels are still with you in this lifetime. Make Ramiel proud, Jeongwoo. The latter tried collecting his thoughts, closing his eyes to welcome the nightmares and dreams he had in relation to his memories.

In a blink of an eye, Jeongwoo took the flash drive and closed the computer properly. Before he walks out of the e-library, he darted his eyes on Engineer Kazama who smiled brightly at him. "Welcome back" the man said.

Jeongwoo wiped his tears and laughs, a little confused but nevertheless, he smiled at the older male.

"Thank you for keeping your words, Engineer." he nibbles his lower lip.

"About love.... Is he...."

The engineer smiled sadly. "I did my best to take care of him but Love passed away about a decade ago."

A small and disheartened nod came from the latter who soon lifted his gaze and bowed down to the engineer. "Thank you so much, Mr. Kazama. I owe you a lot."

"No worries. You should go, you have a party to attend." And with that, he thanked the older male once again before leaving the e-library.

As much as he wanted to rush to his friends and of course, to Haruto, he can't. He still has a few hours left before the party and he needed that time to compose himself. He needed all that time to collect his thoughts and condition both of his mind and heart.

Park Jeongwoo made a mental note to settle his personal issues before taking a deep breath to calm his nerves. Hours of thinking, he found himself standing in front of the party hall. His phone continuously ringing because of calls and messages from his friends— A combination of archangels and Immortals he just recently came to know about.

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" A low and deep voice interrupted from behind.

The Korean flinch for a second before casually throwing himself unto Haruto without hesitation. Tears falling down on his cheeks as their bodies gracefully fit against each other. The Japanese male returned the same intensity of his hug.

"You did well, My love. I'm sorry to leave you alone like that." Haruto mumbled softly against Jeongwoo's ears, rubbing circles on his back to soothe him.

Jeongwoo slowly separated himself and left a hard punch on Haruto's chest which earned a carefree laugh from the taller.

"What happened? Aren't you the hellborn? Why are you here?" 

The tall Japanese caress his cheeks slowly and brush their nose together as an affectionate gesture.

"Someone told me that a hellborn is a gift of choice, and when they asked me if I am willing to take the turn, I told them I'd love to.... but I can't." A smile curved on his lips before he continued.

"The fallen guardian accepted my decision but nothing comes easy. I had to wait for two decades for the eclipse to come."

Those words made Jeongwoo frown for a split second and his tears of joy immediately followed.

"The eclipse has come. Damn your romantic and patient ass." His words caused them to burst into fits of laughter.

The taller male gently pulled his body closer for the second time around and inhales his soothing scent while they sway with the music loudly playing from the party hall. Their bodies pressed against each other, feeling the warmth and comfort they both want to deliver.

"Thank you for waiting." Jeongwo whispered softly making the Japanese male hum.

"And I'm sorry for leaving without a word back then."

The latter smiled as he nods. "So? What are we gonna do now?" he queried. Jeongwoo felt comfortable against the male despite how he sees him as someone he's not very fond of since the beginning, but suddenly his heart and mind took a turn.

He felt Haruto's hands caress his cheeks fondly while staring right into his eyes as if they hold the most precious gems and the rarest constellation. "Can we start again?"

The younger paused and took his time to scrutinize every inch of Haruto's sincere words and gestures. Every breath he took scents the most comfortable warmth he ever encountered in his 20 years of existence in this lifetime. And without words coming out of his mouth, Jeongwoo wrapped his arms around the taller male's nape and slowly brush their lips together— letting his emotion and the foreign feeling inside him stir fire into his system.

The sudden action caused the latter to smile through the kiss before his hand worked to pull the younger closer by the waist and respond passionately.

It was never perfect. The love they have had always been filled with losses, sacrifices, and missed chances but the more the imperfections and misfortunes shows— the more they wanted to be there for each other, the more they long to make up for the years they separated apart, and the more they want to compromise.

A changed destiny. A burning bridge. A new path to walk on. A gift of choice.

"You're right, Haru. The moon is beautiful tonight." Park Jeongwoo mumbled right after the kiss, his face nuzzling against the taller male's neck who only rested his chin on top of Jeongwoo's crown.

"I told you so, my love."

They are both lost deers who found each other in the wild, escaping the worlds they used to belong when the time to flee has finally come. The eclipse embraces the cold whimpers of the night, and their hearts, for the first time after two lifetime— finally started beating in the rhythm of love, familiarity, comfort, and peace.

— the end —

💎💎💎💎

Note:
I have no words left to say but endless gratitude for you guys!! Thank you so much for reading this story although it was a bit confusing and flawed. I really appreciate all your comments about the story and it became a strong motivation for me to keep writing. Thank you for your kind words and appreciation! I hope you enjoyed the story and thank you for the time you spent reading this book.

I'm officially ending this book and if you have time, I hope to see you again on my next story that I recently published! It was a Mashikyu fanfiction entitled "Lawless Maze" which I will start within this month.

That would be all. Have a great day and stay healthy! 💛

ItsBaejinjja

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

72.6K 5.8K 62
❛MERAKI series #2❜ Park Jeongwoo got lost of himself when his ex-boyfriend, So Junghwan broke up with him to focus more on his family and career His...
33.7K 1.7K 45
Happiness. That is all we ever want in life. To find that one person we can't live without, the person we look forward to seeing every day. The one t...
13.8K 1K 24
Where in Park Jeongwoo, a famous idol under the world's largest entertainment, struggles to write his solo love song so he approaches a Twitter troll...
39.6K 2.7K 38
Park jeongwoo, an young idol, was determined to change the school heartthrob and bad boy. Changing the bad boy was hard enough that he made the idol...