From 6ft Under | Hajeongwoo

By itsbaejinjja

T R E A S U R E Watanabe Haruto - Park Jeongwoo Park Jeongwoo, A divine being was sent to the human realm a... More

Prologue
[I] Tainted Angel
[II] Hell is who you are
[III] The fall of light
[IV] Gang Berry
[V] Great Pretender
[VI] Chasing chaos
[VII] Books, Memories, & Immortals
[VIII] Good boys go bad
[IX] Kiss me
[X] Greed and Healing
[XI] Payback Time
[XII] Spontaneous compensation
[XIII] Compensation
[XIV] Graveyard of the Unburied
[XV] Lifting the veil
[XVI] Chain of Custody
[XVII] Memory Chip
[XVIII] War of Miscreants
[XIX] Calm and Chaos
[XX] Devil's Prayer
[XXI] Kinds of Brave
[XXII] Alone Together
[XXIII] Lingering Doubts
[XXIV] Embodiment of Lust
[XXV] Puppy Love
[XXVI] An Archangel's Equivalent
[XXVII] Gift of Choice
[XXIX] Burning Bridges
[XXX] The Final Judgement
Epilogue

[XXVIII] Waiting Game

1K 103 59
By itsbaejinjja

Third Person

After a rush of colors comes a moment of blindness, not literally but rather the things that we fail to see when we were floating in cloud nine momentarily. Park Jeongwoo was convinced that the universe was made to pull tricks on him and make him run around in circles. He suddenly woke up the next morning without hearing anything from Haruto— no text messages, missed calls, and even his presence alone. The only thing left is the cute little puppy playing with a teether back on their unit. 

The archangel of hope muttered a curse under his breath as he slammed his phone on his desk, the professor announced he was going to be late for a good hour so they clearly have nothing to do. Some of their block mates left to eat but Doyoung convinced him to stay in the lecture hall, too lazy to walk around. The latter was sitting next to him also fiddling on his phone, his eyebrows would crease from time to time and he'd go back to smiling like a lovesick fool. 

Jeongwoo rolled his eyes, still annoyed that Haruto was not picking up his calls. He is a bit worried but he didn't want to overthink and go beyond his imagination. The immortal has been oversleeping lately and this is not the first time that he'll come late to a lecture but it would probably be the first time he's skipping the class without Jeongwoo tagging along. 

"I hate him. He's being annoying." he whispered earning a judgemental look from Doyoung who definitely thinks that the latter was overreacting. The archangel narrowed his eyes and was about to throw a playful snap when the professor suddenly walk inside the hall, catching the attention of the block as he takes the center spot. 

"Park Jeongwoo and Kim Doyoung are excused from the lecture for they have been called to the higher office of the Solar. You may go." The professor announced and gestured for them to take their leave.

The two aforementioned divines froze on their seats as cold sweat forms on their foreheads, nervous of the unknown reason why they were called all of a sudden when they have never been there since they descended. 

Jeongwoo's heart was beating so fast and the only thing he could think of that may be the reason as to why they were called is one of the archangels were caught. They both rushed to the office chanting spells and prayers along the way in hopes that it will lessen the possible damage that has been discovered. The moment the door of the office sprung open, Jeongwoo knew it wasn't a piece of good news. 

And what can be worse than not having Haruto around? The arrival of the scroll from the higher through Mashiho, the messenger of the realm. The scripture informed them to start counting their days for the mission given was subject to revocation because the guardian went back to its gate. Jeongwoo felt desperate, dumb, foolish, and betrayed but there's a strong feeling of trust that became dominant in his system. 

"Haruto left for hell, didn't he?" It's Asahi who asked, approaching him right after the scroll of order was delivered to the higher office. The older was quick to drag him away from the other angels who were as surprised as they both are. 

"I guess so. The attacks stopped, the scroll of order arrived, and the hellborn is back in hell. The deadly sins will probably follow because their source of power is no longer here, therefore our mission is done."

Asahi automatically pulls Jeongwoo to comfort him through a loose hug while caressing his back to soothe him. The younger angel sighed the heavy feeling off his chest, unable to form words that could possibly assure the older that he's fine and he can get through it. 

"Haruto is gone and he left for hell with your heart with him. That's a little cruel." The latter replied still hugging his frame and Jeongwoo could only bit his lips in anxiousness and despair. 

When they went out yesterday he knew for sure that something was off but he ignored it, not wanting to spoil the fun. He knew Haruto keeps on acting like he's saying goodbye, not just yesterday but even a week before. His suspicion started when Haruto informed him about a meeting deal no one knew about then down to the fact that he seems worried about keeping the puppy. 

Jeongwoo wanted to blame himself for not pushing further to ask about Haruto's actions. He's not mad and he knows he can't get mad at the latter. He's just upset because for the second time around, Haruto decided things on his own. Yesterday they were so happy but maybe he was too blind by the colors of Haruto's smile that he didn't notice the hints dropped by the immortal, signs that tried to tell him he was seeing him for the last time. 

Though it sounds impossible, he can only hope that the latter will eventually come back after a few days to at least see a glimpse of his face but no, it was a dream he wished the heavens could deliver. He's not asking for a whole day to spend time with the immortal, even a split second would be good enough for Jeongwoo but maybe the universe is too cruel to grant that wish. 

Three days passed by quickly after the incident in the higher office and all the archangels seized their time in the human realm. Considering how Mashiho didn't go home for three days straight, Asahi who only go to the unit twice to get some clothes, Junghwan who have been hanging out too much with the sin of lust, and Doyoung who surprised him the most since he found out that the archangel went out on a dinner date with the attorney. While him? He only took care of love. 

"Jeongwoo? Here's your breakfast. I don't know what you like so I decided to buy something everyone likes, I hope you don't mind. Just give me a call if you need anything. I have to go." It was Yoshi who approaches him in the open garden of the palace with two paper bags of take-out food in hand.

It's also been three days since the latter started doing it without notice or explanation.

"You don't have to do this every day. I don't need these, I need Haruto." 

The immortal halts and flash an empathetic smile before avoiding his gaze. "I can't. I don't break my words, I promised him to look after you." 

Jeongwoo sarcastically chuckles at the statement before shooting a serious glare. 

 "I wish he could be like that too. Why doesn't he do it himself?" 

Unfair. Haruto is unfair. Those are the same words that have been running in his mind, reciting it like a mantra because no other thoughts crossed his mind since then but the realization that the immortal was being unfair towards him. "Haruto loves you just as much as you love him. He cares for you just the same." Jeongwoo can't help but snicker at Yoshi's words. 

"No. I beg to differ. I don't think Haruto realized how different we are from each other. Because if I were him? I'll never do this. I'll never leave the love of my life hanging in the middle of an unknown maze." The archangel paused and sarcastically chuckle before he continued. 

"I can trade all these just for him. I'd trade the world, purity, and honor just to be with him. But Haruto could never do that for me because he did the opposite. He traded me for the world, for his world. We are different." 

Jeongwoo stood up from his seat, hurriedly carrying love on his arms and leaving Yoshi before the immortal could even utter a word to defend the hellborn. The archangel hurriedly went home quickly to grab all of Love's necessities and everything the puppy will probably need. A contact flashing on his phone screen as he went inside the taxi he booked. After almost 20 minutes, he arrived at the location not that far from the university. 

A man in his ripped jeans and plain white shirt walking out of a luxury hotel building welcomes his eyes, It was Engineer Kazama amiably waving in his direction. "It's been a while." the engineer stated smiling as he shakes hand with the archangel. 

"I'm sorry for my sudden call. I didn't mean to contact you on your day off." Jeongwoo shyly apologized but nonetheless determined.

The taller male invited him to the resort area of the hotel and even offered refreshments as they occupied one of the comfy seats by the pool. "What made you travel 20 minutes just to see me? Don't tell me the database didn't work well." the other male joked and Jeongwoo quickly shakes his head no with a smile. 

"It worked really well but I think I need to give it back to you." Jeongwoo started off, nibbling his lower lip while watching Love play with the green grass. 

A confused frown was made visible on the Engineer's face. "What do you mean? What for?" 

"I know this is so shameless of me but can I ask you a favor?" 

As kind and generous as he is, the older male slowly nodded at his words. Attentively tilting his head while waiting for the archangel to explain himself further. 

"Well, I'm pretty sure Dr. Kim at least mentioned my identity to you and how I am connected to him." Engr. Kazama nodded at this before Jeongwoo continued.

"You see we are going to ascend in a few days and I can't bring anything with me. So the thing is..... I actually wanted to ask if you don't mind keeping the database drive until I came back here in the realm. I mean.... you know?" 

Even Jeongwoo himself is confused with his words and the message he's trying to convey but he trusts his intuition that the man next to him understood his sentiment. The engineer slowly blinks, confusion was written all over his face as he momentarily runs his fingers through his locks then looks back at Jeongwoo like a lost cat. 

"Are you sure it's just the database?"

The latter queried eyeing the puppy playfully chasing its tail in delight. Jeongwoo cleared his throat in embarrassment. He knows he had been troubling the innocent engineer but he has no other choice, everyone related to him will probably be gone in a week or so and he needs someone to keep the database and of course, the puppy. 

 "Can you also keep the puppy with you? I promise he's a good kid." Jeongwoo pleaded like a child asking for a piece of candy. 

"How sure are you that I won't be reincarnated or something? How sure are you that I would still be here even after the second judgment?" The engineer challenged as if testing his faith in him. 

The archangel rolled his eyes before he speaks. "Dr. Kim told me that you've been here since the beginning. You were also in the war of miscreants, watching the scenes before your eyes like it's just an interesting movie. I don't think you'll leave anytime soon." 

The database he made along with the engineer's team is not just a random idea he happened to think of. It consists of all the memories he made while they're in the realm. One random day in a library, Jeongwoo thought that maybe if few more years passed, books might not be enough to supplement their brains about knowledge concerning their lives, the lunar, and the solar. And so he thought of something that can actually store a large memory and that is by creating his own database that was made possible by the engineer next to him.

The drive consists of pictures he took with Haruto and the archangels, he treated it like his own journal, very detailed that even the smallest and most random thing that happens in his daily life was narrated on every page. Jeongwoo knew beforehand that this day will come. Strings will be pulled, souls will ascend and descend, and most importantly, memories will be forgotten.

It has always been like that.

He can't let that happen anymore. When Jeongwoo dreamed about the war of miscreants, he made sure he'll remember every bit of what happened and what comes after it. Maybe this lifetime wasn't for him them but he's determined to make sure that in his next life, he won't be lost, he won't be the same clueless being like how he was when they first set foot on the human realm. And the perfect keeper for the drive of his memories is in the form of Kazama Noa, Dr. Kim's immortal friend. A typical immortal who has been in the realm, existing through the magic of hell with no sign of reincarnation and forgotten memories. 

A small nod came from the latter. "Good point" he answered shortly before leaning down and taking the puppy to his lap. 

"Fine. I'll do your favor. I'll keep the database safe and keep the puppy with me but you have to make sure that you will go back in this world to claim it again. But damn, what if it takes more than 100 years?"

The two chuckled at Noa's statement before Jeongwoo shakes his head in disbelief, also laughing at the ridiculous question. "I just know it won't take long like how it takes me to be sent on a mission with the other angels." 

Engineer Kazama shrugs his shoulder and stood up. "If you say so, but this is not free. You'll have to pay me after the judgment. Anyway, make sure I'll know if you successfully made it here again." 

"I'll willingly pay every bit just to keep them safe with you. Thank you, Engineer. I owe you a lot." Jeongwoo stated with a smile earning a light pat on his shoulder from the taller.

The immortal wished him good luck and assured him to keep the treasures safe. Fear would be a complete understatement but the archangel is betting his light on the line. The next thing left for him is to make a final decision just like what Haruto did.

One needs to put an end to their waiting game, It's about time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 6.4K 46
An angel escapes heaven's gates, purely driven by her extreme fascination with Earth. Kang Soojung plans to live a new life on Earth with her brother...
47.7K 2.6K 66
Mashiho's been devastated ever since his crush transferred to another school, he didn't find interest in anyone after the departure of his crush, yea...
21.3K 1.4K 54
SYPNOSIS: Park Jeongwoo, a hopeless and mentally unstable young man who was trying to explore the things he likes as well as the things that would br...
154K 5.5K 40
treasure series #1 to be able to meet someone and love them again isn't that easy only one person can get you out of your comfort zone and help you...