From 6ft Under | Hajeongwoo

By itsbaejinjja

T R E A S U R E Watanabe Haruto - Park Jeongwoo Park Jeongwoo, A divine being was sent to the human realm a... More

Prologue
[I] Tainted Angel
[II] Hell is who you are
[III] The fall of light
[IV] Gang Berry
[V] Great Pretender
[VI] Chasing chaos
[VII] Books, Memories, & Immortals
[VIII] Good boys go bad
[IX] Kiss me
[X] Greed and Healing
[XI] Payback Time
[XII] Spontaneous compensation
[XIII] Compensation
[XIV] Graveyard of the Unburied
[XV] Lifting the veil
[XVI] Chain of Custody
[XVII] Memory Chip
[XVIII] War of Miscreants
[XIX] Calm and Chaos
[XX] Devil's Prayer
[XXI] Kinds of Brave
[XXII] Alone Together
[XXIII] Lingering Doubts
[XXIV] Embodiment of Lust
[XXV] Puppy Love
[XXVI] An Archangel's Equivalent
[XXVIII] Waiting Game
[XXIX] Burning Bridges
[XXX] The Final Judgement
Epilogue

[XXVII] Gift of Choice

1.2K 110 107
By itsbaejinjja

Third Person

And so they say, love is not about feeling good about what you're doing. It is about doing what you don't wanna do because it needs to be done for the sake of that special someone in your life. Maybe goodbyes aren't the hardest but rather the decision you have to make before crossing a new path. Watanabe Haruto smiled to himself while slowly walking at the open field of the palace, a dog leash on his right hand; with love cutely running around in circles to chase his cute little tail.

The moment he opened his eyes early in the morning, he knew that the heavy feeling on his chest won't go away especially that he has to meet Jeongwoo and make things clear between them. Truth be told, he wasn't even surprised when the younger finally figured out who he is, as he always says, it's just a matter of time.

Haruto chuckled when he saw a familiar figure walking from the entrance sporting sunglasses. It was Jeongwoo timidly approaching his direction with flushing red cheeks, sharing the same color on his nose indicating how badly he cried himself to sleep last night. The immortal couldn't help but feel something tugging his heart just merely looking at the archangel's appearance.

Jeongwoo did not waste any time and immediately wrapped his arms around the immortal upon reaching where he was. Burying his face right above Haruto's chest while the taller place his hands on Jeongwoo's back, pulling him close while his other hand landed on Jeongwoo's hair gently tapping it as a way of consoling him.

"I brought love with me. Let's take him on a walk before we eat." Haruto was the first to break the loud silence which only gained a small nod and a soft hum from the latter.

;

Their day went by fast and they spent it visiting amusement parks where both of them almost puke their internals out from all the rides while love was temporarily guarded by the staff working in the booth. They also tried playing tent games and even took cute pictures as ordinary couples do on a date, after which they ate at a local diner in the same part of the city where the amusement park was.

The two ended the day at the shoreline located at the border of the city watching the sun be eaten by the sea. Haruto sitting with his hands supporting Jeongwoo's back as the latter leaned on his chest, both of them cherishing the moment in front of a majestic sunset.

"Do you hate me?" Haruto asked all of a sudden making Jeongwoo rise from his previous position, sitting straight now and facing the taller.

"You never lied, you just hide the truth. That's different. So why would I hate you?" The archangel answered with his eyes narrowing at the taller.

"I caused the attacks and most importantly, I let the deadly sins wander around the realm." Haruto confessed, his weight now resting on both of his arms as he leaned back trying to catch the last of the beautiful scenery laid before them.

"I just want to know why you did those. I'm sure you had your reasons."

His hopeful eyes melted every inch of Haruto who was trying so hard to hide the heaviness in his heart. A deep sigh was heard from the taller before he answered. "For love. For you."

Silence envelops both of them, Jeongwoo can already feel his tears pooling on the corners of his eyes who are looking at Haruto with so much confusion. Disbelief was visibly drawn on his angelic features and Haruto almost lost his shit while staring at it.

"I tricked the officials. I dirtied my already dirty hands to make chaos just to summon you and the heavens surprisingly answered the whimpers of my evil heart. I sent rogues to the Solar and Stellar, I ask the vixens to spread the news of the hellborn guardian and such. I did everything I could to ensure you'd stay here longer.... with me." Haruto explained, his heart constricting inside his chest while his eyes tried their best to look anywhere but the archangel beside him who was having a hard time processing everything he said.

"You did that for me?" Jeongwoo stuttered as he speaks. Breathing heavily amidst the hysteria he was feeling, blood rapidly rushing to his veins sending shivers that only worsen the weight of his troubled mind and heart.

The immortal mustered his courage and sat up straight to face the archangel. His hand slowly reached for Jeongwoo's cheeks, cupping his face gently until their faces were only a few inches apart. His thumb caressing the soft skin he could reach making Jeongwoo automatically close his eyes at the warmth sent to him.

"Everything that I did and decided to do, It will always be because of my love for you. Don't you ever forget that, Jeongwoo." Haruto whispered in a low voice, feeling his heart almost bursting out of his chest. Pushing all thoughts down at the back of his mind and savoring the moment, he finally closed the tiny gap between them, his lips locking with Jeongwoo's in the passionate way possible.

It was past midnight when Haruto dropped him home. Big smiles on their faces while swaying their intertwined hands in between them. "Thank you for today. I had so much fun with you and love." Jeongwoo stated before pecking Haruto's cheeks cutely.

The taller mess with his hair and heartily chuckled. "I'm glad to hear that." he replied and paused to rub Jeongwoo's cheeks using his slender fingers. "I love you... so much. Keep that in mind."

"And I love you more, Haru."

Haruto lovingly pats his head before turning to the puppy then back to Jeongwoo. "Can you keep love with you?"

"Oh, I thought we agreed that he'll stay in your place?" Jeongwoo asked in confusion. The taller gave a hesitant smile but immediately shove it away with a laugh. "Just trust me on this one, come on."

The archangel only chuckled and nods his head. "Fine fine! but you have to keep visiting him, okay?"

"Good night, Woo." Haruto answers instead.

With one last kiss, they parted with warmth and so much comfort that night, or at least that's what Jeongwoo thought. The archangel happily waves his hands while watching the tesla disappear from his eyes before he walks inside the building with love tagging behind still on a leash.

———

"Care to send me off?" A particular immortal halt from drinking his vermouth upon hearing the question from Haruto who's now standing across him with a stick of cigarette in hand. Yoshi released a heavy sigh. "Did you tell him that you're permanently leaving before the break of the dawn?"

The latter shakes his head no. "Can you take care of him for me?"

Yoshi scoffs at his words and set aside his drink. "You should at least bid a proper goodbye. By doing this you're just repeating what you did before." his words momentarily halt in the air then he continued. "And the guys, they have no idea you were next after Yoonbin's term. They didn't even know you're a hellborn, damn. Are you really going to leave everyone hanging?"

"On the 21st, the second judgment will change everything like a newly planted crop and by that time, you will all thank me for this."

The older sarcastically laughs at his words. "Are you a saint now?" he said with annoyance lingering on his voice. Yoshi was about to add something when the door sprung open, unveiling Yoonbin's presence. "Ready to go?" he queried as if they're just going for a stroll.

Haruto grins and walks closer to his drawer, taking out a small journal. "If it ever crosses your mind that I won't be setting my foot on the realm again, please do me a favor and give this to Jeongwoo."

Yoonbin gladly accepted the journal that made Yoshi confused. "How will you keep that? I thought you're coming with him?" The other hellborn smiles. "I will, but not tonight. I have to stay in the realm and look after the rest of the sins. We will follow in a few days."

The youngest immortal nibbles his lips with a heavy heart, he tilted his head in Yoshi's direction and said. "Can you call the others? I have a few words left to say. Tell them we will meet at the lounge." Haruto ordered and the older had no choice but to obey his words as he quickly sent a message to their group.

As planned, the group gathered at the lounge. Some of them are still in their work attire as if they literally just got out of work. The young doctor of the group sighed as he stood up to grab a pineapple juice, leaning over the counter with his nose scrunch in annoyance. "I should be at home and resting but you called for a gathering all of a sudden." he complained like a child throwing a tantrum.

Jaehyuk seconds with a nod and crosses his arm before facing Haruto. "What's with the sudden meeting? Are we going back now?"

And just when he parted his lips to speak, Yoonbin intervened. "No, but the hellborn has to go back and deal with the officials. The second judgment will be on the 21st."

Hyunsuk furrows his brows at the announcement everyone knows. "Uh, we know that already?" he stated in contemplation.

The latter shakes his head and sighed. "No, I'm not pertaining to myself. I mean Haruto has to go back." Yoonbin explained, hoping that the others would read between his lines but it seems that they only became confused at his words.

"The hellborn guardian is with us and he has to go back now." Yoshi stated.

The young attorney impatiently stood up from his seat and points at Yoonbin. "Guardian? Then it should be Yoonbin and not- shit!" Yedam gasp upon his realization but the other guys remain confused. "ARE YOU TAKING THE TERM NEXT TO YOONBIN?!" he exclaimed pointing to Haruto.

And slowly, they started to realize things as they fall into their proper places. From how Yoonbin is always with Haruto as if training him for something then to the other unexplainable things under Haruto's sleeves. From the beginning up to now, Yoonbin, the first fallen guardian seems to be always after Haruto. Guiding him in decisions that should be made and whatnot. They just know Haruto is the strongest form of sin but it never crossed their minds that he'll be the next to carry it all. Who would've thought that the present hellborn guardian everyone was looking for is just with them all along?

Haruto glance at Jaehyuk and Yedam who were still bewildered by the situation. "Carry on with the favor I asked before; never stop chasing the light of your lives, you have both have so much time and chances behind you. Just trust me."

then he turns to Junkyu and patted the young doctor's shoulder. "You did well winning Gabriel back. I'll make sure to have the stellar oracle bless your union."

Jihoon who has been attentively listening from the start can't help but interject. "Stellar? What do you mean? Those are for the chosen humans."

The youngest of them all chuckled and exchange a meaningful stare with Yoonbin who is all-knowing of the psalm. "On the second judgment, the fated guardian of the present will take after the deadly sins. All the marks will disappear signifying freedom from the verdict given a hundred years ago. I'm beyond happy to meet all of you in this lifetime but please leave all your sins behind on the 21st. It's the only way out."

Yedam slowly nodded before raising his concerns. "What about the memories we have? Will it disappear along with the sins we will let go of?"

"No. It's a choice you will all be allowed to make on the judgment. You can either have everything eradicated or keep it, there's no problem with that." Everyone nodded at Haruto's explanation. Hearts filled with both joy and confusion at the revelation of the hellborn guardian they just came to know.

The immortal glances at the wall clock before intently looking at each and everyone in the group, staring at their faces to memorize every part of them. After all, they were the same beings he spent hundred years of his life with and he still can't believe he will part ways with them, and this time for good.

"Thank you, Haruto. Hopefully, we can still see you after the judgment." It was Junkyu who spoke sincerity out of his mouth as he gave a smile to the latter.

Haruto chuckles at this. "Nah, seeing me again means being tied to sin for the second time around. I guess I'll be seeing everyone in their nightmares instead." That simple words from him brought sadness to everyone in the room, what more to the archangel who's unaware of the situation Haruto is in?

"You're going to make everyone cry!" Jihoon exclaimed earning a bunch of chuckles. The younger shakes his head while laughing. "Come on, you should celebrate your freedom from the verdict instead of being dramatic over my leave."

The conversation goes on for an hour after that. Endless short messages and queries from the group that Haruto and Yoonbin have to answer before the younger make his leave for hell. Yedam even talks to Haruto privately for a few minutes regarding how he wanted to give up on his relationship with Doyoung because the latter have decided to do the same. The younger almost hit the attorney upon hearing the discouraging words and immediately made the attorney realize how lucky he is to have so much time and chance to pursue the love of him.

In the end, he just wishes everyone a better mindset for the next lifetime given to them. Haruto spoke words of encouragement and wisdom that he didn't even know he has. Maybe being fated as the hellborn guardian makes him different, he's just not sure if it's for the better or for the worst.

The look on their eyes makes Haruto weak, they're all waving at him with a smile but their eyes tell the opposite. It's the sight that he hated so much for it only reminds him how hard it is to take a new path without the same people who became his foundation to stand strong. It's the smiles that welcome his sight every moment and encourages him that they are all together in this but maybe a hundred years is enough.

He forces himself to flash a warm and grateful smile before locking gazes with Yoshi who looks like he'll burst out in tears any moment. "You did so well working with me, Yoshi." he stated that caused the latter to playfully punch him on the shoulder.

"It had been a pleasure being your friend in this lifetime. And don't worry about Jeongwoo, I promise that I'll do my very best to look after him." Yoshi assured him and it was more than enough to keep his heart at ease.

"We need to go. Yoshi and I will send you off." The fallen guardian interrupted which Haruto answered with a nod as he permanently bid his goodbye to the deadly sins.

Once they got out of the lounge and went inside the car, only silence envelope the atmosphere. Haruto has prepared himself for this day but never had he imagined that it would be this hard. A desperate look in his eyes was made visible as he turns to look at Yoonbin, desperately pleading.

"Can we stop at Jeongwoo's unit? Please? For the last time?"

Yoshi and Yoonbin exchanged glances before the fallen guardian nodded at the youngest. The sin of lust sent a heads up to Junghwan that they're coming and make sure that the other archangels won't know. It didn't take them long to arrive with Haruto dashing out of the car when they saw Junghwan waving at the parking lot.

"He's sleeping like a rock and so are the others." Junghwan informed him. Haruto sighed in relief and followed the younger to the building.

The whole unit was dark when they arrived. The only thing that lights up the living room is the small lamp on the side table near the balcony. Junghwan whispered the direction to Jeongwoo's shared room with Mashiho which he answered with a grateful pat on the shoulder before he walks inside quietly.

Watanabe Hariuto slowly seat on the bed and gently ruffle his fingers on Jeongwoo's hair before he places a soft peck on his forehead, confessing his love in a whisper. He releases a heavy sigh and stared at the angelic face he will surely miss. He stares at the archangel as if pouring his heart into it. Haruto slowly leaned down and brushes his lips to the sleeping archangel. A sad smile curved on his lips as he parted away.

The immortal made sure to seize every second he spent to appreciate Jeongwoo's presence and soon enough, he had decided it's time.

"Until our next eclipse, My moon."

People would often say that the hardest thing is learning which bridge to cross and which one to burn. But many failed to realize that sometimes there are no options available for us to choose. Sometimes there's only one road to take and nothing more than that. Haruto smiled at the image of Jeongwoo's sleeping face flash on his mind like a movie.

If he only have a choice, he'll never leave. He would stay if only he could but his time is up and the last thing he could give the archangel as a gift is the decision to leave. To walk away and let Jeongwoo be with the ones who will stay and walk with him 'til the end of time.

I love you, Jeongwoo. Haruto thought as he took one deep breath. The stars, the oracle, the vixens, the devils, and even the heaven can attest to that. He succeeded to convince himself that this lifetime was just not made for the two of them. Nevertheless, he never regret being born in this life because at least even for a short while he felt the love of him. The memories they shared are enough for him and the only thing left is his wish to meet the archangel again in another lifetime. It doesn't matter how long it takes.

The immortal slowly opened the door of the car with a heavy heart. Yoonbin's eyes darted unto him the moment he occupied the space. And with a heavy sigh the fallen guardian spoke. "Did you know why a hellborn guardian is an archangel's equivalent?"

A rush of confusion came running to his mind before he tilted his head to the direction of the older. Shaking his head slowly with his eyebrows creased.

"I don't know, maybe because the one who breathed life unto me is an archangel before his incantation?"

Yoonbin chuckles at his words and immediately gave him a serious look. "That can be too but that's really not the deal." the fallen guardian paused and look out of the window to appreciate the moon.

"A hellborn is an archangel's equivalent because it is a gift. Like how the heaven blessed the archangels to take charge of the gates and the divine realm. A gift and not a curse. A gift rather than responsibility. Let's just say that a hellborn was made a bit more powerful. But you said it yourself, that I, who was once an archangel breathed life unto you. I, who spelled himself to the fires. Aside from divine power, how do you think it's possible?"

The younger gave a bewildered stare as an answer while processing the words from the latter. "A choice. It was made possible because it was your choice to spell yourself to the depths of hell. It's a choice you made."

A proud smile was given to him by Yoonbin who's slowly nodding his head as an approval to the conclusion Haruto came up with.

"Precisely! A hellborn guardian is a gift of choice."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 6.4K 46
An angel escapes heaven's gates, purely driven by her extreme fascination with Earth. Kang Soojung plans to live a new life on Earth with her brother...
17K 978 10
Harukyu's Fanfiction It's for fun. Don't take it personally..!! Enjoy Reading it..!! Started: Nov 5th 2020 (first chap then hiatus) Restarted: Dec 13...
102K 8.8K 30
She has her head in the clouds, but eventually she will have to come down... She holds the key that can yield the bearer the greatest power ever imag...
81.3K 5.1K 40
❝ how could you lie to me like that? ❞ ❝ how could you play me like that? ❞ torn between family and love, choi hanbyul is supposed to make a choice...