From 6ft Under | Hajeongwoo

By itsbaejinjja

T R E A S U R E Watanabe Haruto - Park Jeongwoo Park Jeongwoo, A divine being was sent to the human realm a... More

Prologue
[I] Tainted Angel
[II] Hell is who you are
[III] The fall of light
[IV] Gang Berry
[V] Great Pretender
[VI] Chasing chaos
[VII] Books, Memories, & Immortals
[VIII] Good boys go bad
[IX] Kiss me
[X] Greed and Healing
[XI] Payback Time
[XII] Spontaneous compensation
[XIII] Compensation
[XIV] Graveyard of the Unburied
[XV] Lifting the veil
[XVI] Chain of Custody
[XVII] Memory Chip
[XVIII] War of Miscreants
[XIX] Calm and Chaos
[XXI] Kinds of Brave
[XXII] Alone Together
[XXIII] Lingering Doubts
[XXIV] Embodiment of Lust
[XXV] Puppy Love
[XXVI] An Archangel's Equivalent
[XXVII] Gift of Choice
[XXVIII] Waiting Game
[XXIX] Burning Bridges
[XXX] The Final Judgement
Epilogue

[XX] Devil's Prayer

1.4K 125 109
By itsbaejinjja

Watanabe Haruto

This is confusing as hell. I wanted to ask him but I don't wanna get myself exposed like a fish caught through their own mouth. Damn.

"I forgive you for lying." I froze and stared at him. I did what? Jeongwoo took a deep breath and caress my face once again. "I forgive you for not telling me that it was actually you all along. I understand that you wanted me to know on my own but I wish you could've said something. I would've lessened the pain."

I smiled, chuckling as I keep my head low for a second before pulling his body closer to mine. "Are you possessed?" I asked earning a light punch from him.

"Things happened. I dreamed about us. You killed the leader of the legion and became a hell prisoner, you dumbass."

We both laugh as I pulled him back. I never expected it would turn out this way, I was expecting to have a dramatic heavy confession and revelation that would beat some good movies out there but I guess this works better than any movie or novel.

I analyze his angelic face and noticed the tears brimming in his eyes. My heart almost stopped beating at the sight of his face. After years of literally nothing and a few months of being just a friend, he finally discovered us. He finally discovered our past. I tried parting my lips to say something but my own voice betrayed me as no words come out. I feel like crying for no reason.

So this what it feels like. The feeling of being found, the feeling of being picked up from the ground you were sitting on for too long. The feeling of familiarity and home.

"I lost track of counting how long has it been but I am certain my love for you remained the same. It has always been you."

And before I could add more words to what I said, I was already pulled into a tight hug. I felt his cheeks rested against the crook of my neck and I smiled at the feeling of his breath against my skin. Followed by his tears damping my white shirt, both of his hands encircled around my waist. It felt like compensation for the lost years.

Jeongwoo slowly looks up at me and I automatically wipe his tears using my thumb. He smiled despite the tears in his eyes. "I love you. I'm sorry it took so long for me to find out." and I almost melted.

I don't want to cry, not when he's around. Not when he can see that I'm also vulnerable, weak, and breakable but I can't control myself and just let it all go. I smiled as the first tear fell from my eyes. "I love you" I replied.

Nothing changes, Jeongwoo— Ramiel was still the first one to say the three words, in our past lives and even in this lifetime while I am destined to return what he gave.

This life had taught me to be patient. To be hardworking. And most especially to accept that not all the things we want will end up in our hands. I push my luck just by merely making memories that I can look back once his mission is over. But I guess heaven finally heard the devil's prayers from hell.

My only prayer is not that he would remember but for me to be able to hear him say those three words again before this lifetime ends. After then, nothing else matters. Knowing that he loves me too in this lifetime is good enough for me.

And for this lifetime, I'm willing to risk it all again no matter what it takes.

±

I gently remove Jeongwoo's arms resting on my chest and slowly stand up from the bed as soon as the clock strikes at midnight. I placed a soft peck over his forehead before I changed my clothes and with one last glance, I left the unit with a bothered expression as I slid the phone inside my pocket.

The cold breeze welcomed me the moment I got out, Yoshi stood in front of his car leaning comfortably with a can of beer in his hand. "How did it go?" he asked which made me sigh.

"You don't have to know. Come on, where are they?"

"Margarita. Hyunsuk booked a lounge." he replied and finish the last drop of his beer as we both went inside the car. I took the passenger seat while Yoshi started the engine.

The car ride was quiet but a lot of things are going in my mind. After a few minutes of the car ride, we arrived at the bar where the others are waiting. From the entrance door, I can already see Hyunsuk talking closely with strangers while beside him is Yedam who looked like he wanted to go home.

"You reserved a lounge but stayed out? Really?" I said the moment we reached their spot. Hyunsuk grinned at me and pat my shoulder. "It's too boring inside but we can go there now to start the talk." he said and I just nodded in response.

The four of us walked inside the private room. Our eyes were welcomed by the sleeping Junkyu on the couch hugging a throw pillow, Jaehyuk working on his laptop on the side, both of them still wearing a formal long sleeves polo as if they just came out from work. On the opposite side was Jihoon drinking a glass of red wine while Yoonbin is leaning on his shoulder.

"Took you guys long enough. Junkyu already falls asleep waiting." Jihoon said and pat the space next to him motioning Hyunsuk to sit down.

I went to Junkyu's side and tried shaking him a couple of times before he grumpily rubs his eyes and sits straight. "Why are we here again?" he asked.

"We need to discuss something." Hyunsuk intervened, starting the discussion they planned through our group chat. "I assume everyone heard of the attacks that currently happened in both lunar and solar." he added.

I quietly listened while nodding. Junkyu is on the verge of falling back to sleep so I nudge him on the side which he answered with a small grunt.

"Not only that, but a few rogues have also fled from the prison and they were nowhere to be found. The officials believed they were the ones working behind everything so they sent other immortals to chase after them."

"It reached that point huh?" I heard Jaehyuk whispered, we exchanged knowing glances before I ruffle my hair as I let out a heavy sigh.

"And I don't think this mess will stop anytime soon. We need to do something for damage control. We need to help the officials in catching the rogues." he explained looking all serious and troubled.

I stared at him for a couple of seconds before I interrupted. "That means turning ourselves in." I said, voicing out my thoughts.

"We don't necessarily have to give ourselves away. We can help the officials secretly, there are other ways." Yedam answered.

The others agreed with him and that's where another discussion started, we talked about other ways that can help the officials. I find it funny how we're going to help them find the rogues when the immortal officials are also looking for us, the only difference is that they tapped the other side and sent the archangels instead.

Their discussion lasts for another hour before everyone eventually talked about their own lives and even asked me how things are going with Jeongwoo. Yoshi grinned in my direction since he's the only one who knows.

"I have a ticking bomb waiting at home actually." I answered. Junkyu widens his eyes and hits my arms. "That's why Mashi called me earlier! He's so worried about Jeongwoo."

They started teasing me about it with Yoshi adding fuel to the fire by revealing that it wasn't Jeongwoo's first time sleeping in my place. "At this point, you're going to beat Junkyu." Yoonbin said smirking as he took another drink of his champagne.

"That's Junkyu's mode of specialization, there's no way." I replied laughing. Jaehyuk handed me a glass of vodka as we all laugh about their naughty remarks.

"Thanks but I wasn't planning to drink, Jeongwoo might find out I left if he smelled the alcohol." I said rejecting the glass but Jaehyuk pushes it more to me that I had no choice but to accept it.

"You sounded like a husband who sneaked out during payday," Junkyu commented earning a bunch of laughter especially from Yoshi who liked the idea and continued grinning at me.

"As if he's not the same with Mashiho. I heard them arguing over the phone on our way here." Jihoon revealed and followed by that was Yoonbin supporting Jihoon's statement that made Junkyu exclaim as he tried to defend himself but they only tease him more.

The conversation goes and shifts from one to another until I found myself not listening anymore. I tried laughing it off but I'm completely bothered by the news from Hyunsuk. I excused myself and walk out of the room but Yoonbin followed behind, we both walk around the area and end up sitting in front of the bar counter. Not long after, Yoshi joined us. He gave me a meaningful look but I only gave him a small nod as a response.

"When are we going back?" I heard Yoonbin ask but he didn't look at me this time, he just continued staring at the drink in his hand.

"When everyone is ready and things already fall from their proper places."

I slowly nod upon hearing Yoshi's answer then he slowly releases the cigarette smoke from his mouth. "Any progress?" he added.

"He finally remembered who I was."

They both turned their heads in unison. I chuckled and gently shake the glass before placing it down again without taking a sip. "He read the book and dreamed about it. He didn't remember every detail but he knows about the war."

Contrary to the loud music playing in the background, the three of us felt a long silence. No words escape from their mouth and just when I try to compose words in my head, I felt a tap from my shoulder that caused me to look around only to see Yedam peeking his head like a child with Jaehyuk standing behind him.

"What's with the serious faces?" he asked.

I grinned at him and shake my head. "Nothing important"

Yoshi automatically chuckles and stands from his seat. "Take this seat, I'll go around and find someone to play with." he said and pat Yedam's shoulder.

Yoonbin sitting on my left also stand up and glances at us as he speaks. "I'll go back inside to check Ji."

I move to Yoonbin's abandoned seat while they took the two vacant seats next to me.

"You should do something about Uriel." I said without hesitation then glances at Jaehyuk. "Try harder to win Raphael, he's slowly considering following Gabriel's footsteps. I just know." I made sure to make it sound like a command than a simple statement made out of my opinion.

Atty. Yedam creased his eyebrows then he lifted his gaze from me to the bartender. "Martini" he stated then glances back at me. "Why are you in a hurry?"

I look down at my glasses as if it was the most interesting sight of the night or as if a pea plant hybrid suddenly grows from it. It's hard how sometimes words are not enough to express our thoughts, sometimes I felt like whoever is in charge of this planet could've made an easier way to explain and express everything that's going in our mind.

I wish it could've been easier. I wish everything was as easy as spacing out because I felt like even existing in this world is hard. I wish everything was made easy. Too easy that we don't have to experience hardship and pain. Too easy that we'll never be on the wrong side of the road or get lost in the dark shadows of the moon. Too easy that we'll never have to bid goodbye. Too easy that we can hold onto something we wanted to keep for the rest of our lives. Too easy that we don't have to feel the need to stop existing.

"Yedam" I paused then gulped down the lump on my throat. "Jaehyuk"

My breath hitched from the words rushing on the edge of my tongue, bumping into each other until no coherent words come out. I breathe out a heavy sigh and finish the glass of drink in my hand in one go before I lifted my gaze. Pleading and hopeful.

"Can you both do me a favor? Can you promise me one thing?"

They both look at me in curiosity and I can tell they want to be as attentive as an innocent kindergarten kid in class trying to impress their parent who's watching from the door or an infant staring carefully at the first primary color that became familiar to their senses. I smiled at the sight.

The end of this lifetime is near and I know heaven won't grant another prayer from a devil even if the whole underworld begs on their knees, but a devil whispering a prayer to his own kind will make an orchestra.

And I hope this orchestra keeps the ticking bomb afloat.

┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉

Note: 

Hello, This is Shai! I know this is so random HAHAHAAHA but I just wanted to thank everyone who's still here reading the story and waiting for the update. This book reached 20 chapters already and there are only a few chapters left before the ending. Actually, this book is the messiest I've written so far since my thoughts and ideas are all cluttered but I'm still doing my very best to execute the plot properly (please bear with me) but if you have any questions, you can drop it here and I'll try to answer it as long as it won't spoil the whole plot lmao. Btw, I'm very happy with your comments and opinions about this story. Thank you so much for your feedbacks, It means a lot to me! That's all and have a great day ahead! 💗                    

                                                                                                                                          - Love, ItsBaejinjja

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.2K 5.1K 40
❝ how could you lie to me like that? ❞ ❝ how could you play me like that? ❞ torn between family and love, choi hanbyul is supposed to make a choice...
6.4K 407 24
// Wherein, Kim Junkyu, a boy who can communicate with ghosts meets Haruto Watanabe, a stray ghost who tried to find out what happened to his body...
154K 5.5K 40
treasure series #1 to be able to meet someone and love them again isn't that easy only one person can get you out of your comfort zone and help you...
59.8K 6.8K 45
🎀 redamancy 🎀 𝓁♡𝓋𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓇𝑒𝓉𝓊𝓇𝓃 what happens if a girl with a chaotic personality, Yang Ruwoon, meet Watanabe Haruto, and Park Jeong...