From 6ft Under | Hajeongwoo

By itsbaejinjja

T R E A S U R E Watanabe Haruto - Park Jeongwoo Park Jeongwoo, A divine being was sent to the human realm a... More

Prologue
[I] Tainted Angel
[II] Hell is who you are
[III] The fall of light
[IV] Gang Berry
[V] Great Pretender
[VI] Chasing chaos
[VII] Books, Memories, & Immortals
[VIII] Good boys go bad
[IX] Kiss me
[X] Greed and Healing
[XI] Payback Time
[XII] Spontaneous compensation
[XIII] Compensation
[XIV] Graveyard of the Unburied
[XV] Lifting the veil
[XVI] Chain of Custody
[XVIII] War of Miscreants
[XIX] Calm and Chaos
[XX] Devil's Prayer
[XXI] Kinds of Brave
[XXII] Alone Together
[XXIII] Lingering Doubts
[XXIV] Embodiment of Lust
[XXV] Puppy Love
[XXVI] An Archangel's Equivalent
[XXVII] Gift of Choice
[XXVIII] Waiting Game
[XXIX] Burning Bridges
[XXX] The Final Judgement
Epilogue

[XVII] Memory Chip

1.3K 122 84
By itsbaejinjja

Park Jeongwoo

It was exactly 9 in the morning when Mashiho barge into our room and told us to get up since he has a visitor who brought breakfast. And since we know he doesn't have any other friends who seemed out of reach or something. We went out of rooms without changing pajamas and washing our faces— disgusting I know. There, we saw him standing next to Dr. Kim who was holding a couple of paper bags in hand. Mashiho furrows his eyebrows in our direction causing us to run back to the room and fixed ourselves to at least look presentable.

At this point, I don't who's the next one who'll visit our unit unexpectedly. Why is this place seemingly turning into a prison for having so many visitors?

After that pointless argument with myself, I went out of the room to join everyone for breakfast and thanked Dr. Kim for bringing the food. It wasn't awkward since he's known to have a bright personality despite his reputation in the medical department. I don't know why we can casually talk to him despite the fact that we can send him home anytime soon but as of now, it's something we can't do yet unless they're complete.  

The breakfast finished just like that. The others cleaned up the table while Mashiho went with Junkyu to the living room. He gave a sign that he'll call me later and I just nodded in response. They talked for almost an hour or two before Dr. Kim excused himself, explaining that he has a scheduled arthroscopic surgery at noon. My phone ping and it was Mashiho's message.

"I'll walk you downstairs. Do you mind if Jeongwoo joins us?" He asked, Dr. Kim glance at me before smiling at Mashiho as he nodded. The others didn't bother asking why should I tag along, they're more focused on thanking Dr. Kim for the breakfast.

I let them walk in front of me since it'll be awkward to completely tag along. As we reach the parking lot, Mashiho pulled me close and rest his hand above my shoulder. He glances at me before looking back to Dr. Kim. "Love, remember I texted you last night about database thingy?"

Love. Wow. When will I?

"Yeah, I already talked to a friend about it. Why? Was it Jeongwoo who needs it?" Dr. Kim asked while smiling at me. He's definitely cute and charming. Why did I only realize that now?

I awkwardly chuckle. "Yeah, I, I am trying to work on a project so I wonder if I can get a little tiny bit of help." I explained.

He slowly nodded and once again flash his smile. "I thought so. I already talked to a friend, here's the contact information. Just give him a heads up, you can remind him that this favor is on me so he won't forget."

I politely bowed my head and thanked him but he keeps on saying that it's fine and it's just a small favor. "He'll help you in the best way possible but if you need something more, you can always tell me. I can recommend another friend." he added. My smile grew wider while thanking him for being too kind and of course, Mashiho's eyebrows knit together at the sight.

Dr. Kim turned to him and pulled him by the waist. I took that as my cue to stand a meter away from them and pretended to look somewhere else. The taller leaned down to him and whispered something that made him grin. Mashiho can be this type, huh? They exchanged a few more flirty whispers before Dr. Kim gave him a forehead kiss and finally went to the car, waving both of us goodbye.

"He's handsome and cool, Is he single?" I playfully asked and trust me, I regret that stupid question as soon as I finish spitting the words out.

Mashiho slowly faced me wearing his blank face. "Do you have a death wish, Park Jeongwoo?" he said. I automatically broke a nervous laugh and hit his chest. "Chill, I'm just kidding!"

He rolled his eyes and pinch me on the side before we both walk back to the building. "By the way" he paused. "Why do you suddenly need stuff related to the database? Do you have some sort of thesis or what?"

I smiled and nudge him. "Nah, I just wanna experiment on something." I replied. He seemed to believe what I said since he only nodded and continued smiling to himself as we went to the elevator. 

He's so in love, goodness I hate this sight.

±

"KZ Corporation" I whispered to myself after the taxi drops me off in front of a huge building. I took one glance at the information card in my hand before I finally walk inside and approach the front desk. They just called someone over the phone and soon, a staff guided me to the 7th floor.

We arrived exactly at the office of the person written on the card Dr. Kim gave me. The staff knocked three times before we went inside. "You must be Park Jeongwoo." the man said. I immediately bowed my head and glance at the table nameplate as I greet him good morning before I replied. "Yes, Engr. Kazama. Pleasure to meet you."

He's an immortal too. I can feel it, it's reeking all over the room.

He gave me a warm smile as we shake our hands. He asked me a few things about the thing that I want to do and since I myself wasn't sure of what I really want I just scratch my nape. "Uh, I was wondering if it's possible to make my own database?"

Engr. Kazama slowly nodded. "That's it?"

"A database that would last for decades? Or if possible longer than that? And without being tampered in the long run."

He seemed to understand the things I want for the database. I carefully listened to him while he's explaining everything I need to know about making a private system. I don't even know how I come up with this one but I realized books might not work anymore in the future. I told Engr. Kazama that I want the database system to be strong for it will hide personal things. Of course, I told him what are the informations that will be put in there and he jokingly told me he thought it would be related to money and underground business since I look too serious talking about it. He didn't ask further and just told me to make a raw draft of everything that I want to encode.

Engr. Kazama took me for a quick tour around the building and even introduced me to his secretary named Yeongue who will work with me aside from him. We talked for another hour before he told me to come back tomorrow so we can start working on the database, he explained that it will take 12 hours to complete and after that, they will have to run a test to check its quality and reliability.  As well as the advanced features that will be added to make sure the system won't be tampered with and access easily by unauthorized persons. 

"Thank you once again, Engineer." I said smiling before bowing once again as a sign of gratitude. He smiled back as he nods. "No worries. I'll see you tomorrow then?" 

And with that, I thanked him once again and left the building definitely satisfied. As I went inside a taxi, my phone ping with a message from Haruto asking me if I already ate lunch and I told him not yet since I just finished an important meeting. Haruto asked if I want to grab lunch with him but I told him I can't because I already made plans with the angels— a complete lie. I just need a little space to think of my situation, a lot of things are bothering me and I need to get it off my head one at a time, or else I'll explode like a freaking bomb. 

I sent a message to our group chat saying I'll treat anyone who will join me for lunch and as expected, Junghwan and Doyoung replied that they are on their way. I told them to meet me at the cafe near the palace. It didn't take me long enough to arrive at our meeting place, I almost fell down laughing at the sight of the two waiting for me inside the cafe. How come they arrived earlier than me? Well of course it's free. 

"So? What got into you for suddenly offering a treat?" Doyoung asks as he takes a sip of the service water. I only chuckled and shrugged. "I just feel like it. You can pay for your own if you don't want me paying for it tho. I won't complain." 

He gave me a playful eye-roll and nudge Junghwan who don't seem worried about anything. His attention is all focused on picking food on the menu.  He even complained that I'm a few minutes late that I only shrug off with a laugh. We ordered our food and talked about Asahi and Mashiho who weren't with us but in a good way. Junghwan explained that they have to run an errand in the clinical laboratory and will be back home later tonight. 

We spent almost two hours in the cafe before deciding that we will go to the field to watch a random soccer game. Junghwan said that he has been playing soccer with some random people from the university including Haruto's friends, Yoshi and Yoonbin. I have no idea who Yoonbin is but Doyoung interrupted that we already saw him before, maybe my memory is just bad. 

The game already started when we arrived, We took the vacant seat at the front line of the bleachers. Watching sports was never my thing but since I don't have anything else to do, I don't think it's a bad idea after all. Doyoung and Junghwan seemed to enjoy the game very well while I watched their amused faces out of boredom. "Have you tried talking to Atty. Bang?" I ask out of the blue. 

Doyoung gave me a glare before he sighed and cross his arms over his chest. "Are you playing cupid now, Ramiel?" he asked with sarcasm in his voice but I only grinned at him. "If I am? Are you going to tell me now?" 

He sighed and look away. "Not yet. I haven't seen him all day, if I bump into him I'll go and talk." Doyoung paused then look at me. "What should I talk to him about?" 

"About your past?" I asked back. 

"Nah, I want him to personally come to me and talk about it. Not the other way around and you know we still don't have our memories back. We are relying on books as of the moment." 

"But don't you want to know what happened between you and him?"

Doyoung gave me an amused smile as he laughs with so much sarcasm. "Great question. Ask it to yourself. You should worry about yours and not mine, Jeongwoo. You have your own story to discover." 

"I know that but I'm more worried about you. You were mar— "

"Not in this lifetime." He cut me off. I sighed and nodded as a sign that I surrender. Why did I even think I can win an argument against him? Talking about wisdom. Dang. 

I heard him break a sigh. "But I'm also affected by the fact that we're blood bonded if that's what you want to hear." I saw his eyes turn into a sad one. "At first I really want to know everything about me. Who I was, who were the people related to me, what are the things I used to love doing, and other random things. Until I realized that I don't wanna discover anything about me anymore." 

I automatically crease my forehead upon hearing what he said. "Why? What do you mean?"

He smiled and gave me a determined look. "Our memories were erased for a reason, Jeongwoo. It means we committed a sin and those memories are not meant to be kept for ourselves but rather be a tale that others will read to serve as a lesson." I slowly blink, trying to analyze what he said. 

Doyoung held both of my shoulders and stare directly into my eyes. And just that, I can tell he already made up his mind about something very important. "Have you ever wonder? The highest was Omnipotent, Omniscience, and Omnipresent therefore HE knew that we are going to go through this as we go back to our human form but he never did anything to stop us." He paused and gently squeezed my shoulder. 

"Our mission was pre-determined, this is not only a mission but a test of faith. The oracle knew we are going to commit the same mistakes our past selves committed, nevertheless we are given free will to write the next page of our lives. And I will have to stop writing my chapter because I don't wanna go through it again, I don't wanna be like Mashiho neither you nor Asahi. Not that there's something wrong with you guys but what I'm saying is, I'm still choosing light over the love of me. I'm ending this mission as quickly as I can even if it means I'm gonna choose light by myself." 

And there, At that very moment, I started crying like an abandoned puppy in a dark alley. Not caring about the cheerful environment around us cheering for the soccer game. I didn't even realize Junghwan already stopped watching the game since he started tearing up, I just assumed he was listening to us all along. I felt Doyoung's arms wrapped around me before he cupped my cheeks using both of his hands. 

"I want you to pick the path to happiness, Jeongwoo. After this mission, you can choose to be Jeongwoo and forget about being Ramiel. That's what Mashiho is planning to do." 

Both Junghwan and I exchanged glances despite the tears in our eyes. I confusedly look at Doyoung. "How did you know that?" 

"Wisdom kicked in, I just knew he's about to risk it all while Asahi is still going through a mental battle with himself." 

I immediately wiped my tears. "What about me?" 

Doyoung grinned. "I'm not gonna tell you what I know about you. Knowing you, you'll find it harder to decide on your own." 

"What if I make a wrong decision?"

"There's no right and wrong when it comes to choosing what you love. I'm betting my light you won't." He replied with a warm smile, his smile radiates confidence as if he has so much faith in me. Doyoung is too good for the world and I wish him joy rather than honor and duty but it's not like I can stop him and dictate to him what he should be doing in his life. 

"Doyoung is acting like I'm not going with him." Junghwan suddenly interrupted earning a bunch of laughter from the two of us. We wipe our tears away and tried lifting the atmosphere, I keep on hugging Doyoung after that as if he'll disappear any moment. 

This must be what my past love felt upon the news that I have to go. 

±

Watanabe Haruto

"Yo yo yo" I casually chanted as I walk inside Yedam's law firm office. He grumpily looks up at me from the pile of documents he was reading. "What do you need?" He asked but obviously uninterested. I took the seat in front of his table and rested my feet on the other one across me. 

"I'm studying a case, fuck off." 

I automatically burst out in laughter before shaking my head. "Chill, I'm not here to mess around."

"Then what for? Quick, this case is important." 

I shrug my shoulder and sighed. "I just wanna inform you that I slipped."

"And? What is it to me that you are that stupid?" he replied, eyes on the document he was reading. Did he really though I slipped literally? Like slipped SLIPPED?

"It's not your fault that I'm stupid but it's my fault that there's a high chance that Doyoung already knows you guys were married? No big deal, right?"

His foxy and uninterested eyes immediately widen in shock that made me panic, I quickly covered my face using my arms when I saw him lifting a big ass law book and attempting to hit my face with it. "What kind of fuckery was that? What did you do?!" he exclaimed. 

Despite his outburst, I still find the time to laugh while covering my face. "At least let me explain before we move on to violence and please don't target my handsome face." I started off before I continued. "Jeongwoo asked about the blood bond and I unconsciously got so much into it. And now I think they already realized how you suddenly came to the rescue when Doyoung was about to get caught sneaking into the Lunar with Asahi."

"Damn you. Go back to hell and stay there." He said glaring in frustration. His composed and nonchalant self vanishes, he's now wearing a bothered expression while ruffling his hair. 

"What should I do? Shit." 

I furrow my eyebrows and leaned back on my seat comfortably. "Then tell him the truth?"

"You want me to tell him that I was a coward? That I failed him when I was tested by the oracle? Easier said than done." He replied. I can only sigh while watching him have a quick meltdown because of the situation. Yedam took a deep breath and clasped his hands together before he continued speaking. "He settled for someone like me because of love but a simple test from the oracle made me fall into this sin. I failed him."

"You can still set things right. It was never too late, Atty." I said earning a disgusted look from him. "My profession title doesn't sound right when it comes out from your mouth." 

"I fucking hate you." I playfully replied with disbelief written all over my face. I can't believe he still has time to insult me despite having a meltdown. 

Yedam suddenly became serious as he spaced out then suddenly turn his head in my direction, now wearing a doubtful and unconfident expression. "You really think I can still fix that mess? Do you think he'd change his mind and accept me despite everything?" 

"He would. Trust me with this, swallow down your pride and tell him your side. He would understand. You have this lifetime to make it right." 

I saw him chuckling while giving me a mocking smile. "Thank you, I really appreciate it but it'll be more interesting if you follow your own advice." 

That sent me in silence. I only sighed and look up to the ceiling, nibbling my lower lips while thinking if I should just punch Yedam straight in the face or spare him until he clear things up with Doyoung. 

"Screw you. Your story is not as complicated as ours."

He shakes his head and stood up. "As you said, we have this lifetime. Make things right." 

I sighed and smiled, I didn't bother countering his words because I know it won't make sense. They won't understand how complicated our story was. I wish it could be just like that, a failure of a test or an abandoned feeling that is now glowing. I stared at Yedam who tried his best to focus while browsing his document again. 

While you can love each other freely, both of us had to make a sacrifice just so one could live sin-free. And that's how I realized how lucky you both are.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.4K 1.4K 54
SYPNOSIS: Park Jeongwoo, a hopeless and mentally unstable young man who was trying to explore the things he likes as well as the things that would br...
72.6K 5.8K 62
❛MERAKI series #2❜ Park Jeongwoo got lost of himself when his ex-boyfriend, So Junghwan broke up with him to focus more on his family and career His...
47.8K 2.6K 66
Mashiho's been devastated ever since his crush transferred to another school, he didn't find interest in anyone after the departure of his crush, yea...
64.2K 3.8K 40
Kang Yeosang, Park Jieun and their three-years old daughter Min-Seung. Choi San, Yoon Areum and their newborn daughter Hee-Young. Six lives that had...