SEEN / julie and the phantoms

By mendessi

jade devyn taylor , the fourth member of sunset curve dies shortly after her bandmates, will she find her way... More

meet the cast
2020
the orpheum
you and i
welcome back boys
the bad days
trevor wilson
finally free
spectacular
exhale
edge of great pt. I
edge of great pt. II
edge of not so great
to the mountains
losing you
cold in california
letters to luke
caleb's offer
winter wonderland
you shouldnt be here
you said forever
luke and jade
the end
new story(:
new story!!

1995

38.9K 776 1.5K
By mendessi

"Too bad you wasted that on soundcheck, that was the tightest you've ever played." Bobby said as we finished our last run of soundcheck. 

"It sucks you can't play tonight." I said to him. 

"Yeah well, it's only a matter of time." Bobby hadn't played with us in over a year due to the fact that his parents didn't want him being in a band. He was there for us when he could be and considering tonight was gonna be the show that kickstarted our career, he wouldn't miss it.

"Just wait until tonight when this place gets packed with record execs." Luke said looking out into the empty venue. There were currently only crew and people who worked here currently, but just imagining it filled with fans and record execs. There isn't a person or band that's played here that didn't make it to the big leagues. 

"Alex, you were smoking." Reggie said as Alex stepped down from the platform that his drums were on. Alex was always absolutely incredible, it made playing with him so easy.

"No, nah, I was just warming up. You guys were the ones on fire." Alex said. Yet he was so modest about it. 

"Could you just own your awesomness for once?" Reggie asked, a smile on his face.

"Seriously, Alex, you were amazing." I said, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Alright, I was killing it." Alex finally said, and I laughed stepping away to grab a water bottle and take a sip.

I heard something about street dogs and before I knew it all of the boys were on their way to talk to the gorgeous girl wiping the bar down. I knew I'd better not interrupt their bad attempts at hitting on her and sit down on the edge of the stage. 

Once they were finished, Alex, Reggie, and Luke started making their way to the side doors. I stood up and walked towards them, "Where are you guys going?"

"Street dogs, wanna come?" Reggie said. 

"You know I can't eat before a show." I smiled a little.

"We'll get more after." Luke promised.

"Sounds like a plan." I nodded.

Luke leaned in and kissed my cheek, "See you on the flip side." We both said at the same time. 

I smiled as we linked pinkies and then he and the boys walked out of the side door to go get street dogs. I could tell Bobby was miserably failing as I found him walking back to the dressing room backstage alone. 

"You have an incredible voice." The girl said. She was absolutely gorgeous, her hair was brown and curly, her eyes were soft, her bone structure was incredible and she had the sweetest accent.

"Thank you," I smiled and made my way towards her. I couldn't help but laugh noticing the Sunset Curve shirt slung over her shoulder. "I'm Jade Devyn Taylor." 

"Rose." She replied and held her hand out. I shook her hand kindly and gave her another smile before looking her in the eyes again, "Do you always introduce yourself with your full name?"

"Yeah," I laughed and put my hand on my forehead, "It's a habit. My dad basically said if I introduce myself with my entire name, it kind of makes an impression that sticks."

"That's good advice. I'll definitely remember Jade Devyn Taylor from Sunset Curve." She set the rag down and sat down next to me on the other side of the bar.

"I think you guys really have a chance of making it after tonight. The tone of your voice, the raspiness at those perfect moments, and when you harmonize with those guys it's amazing. I'm serious, Jade." Rose said to me. 

"That really means a lot." I said to her. "So, you met Bobby."

"He's not my type." Rose laughed, "I have a boyfriend. His name is Ray." 

"Bobby is eccentric to say the least." I said and he both shared a moment of laughter. 

"So, you and... Luke was it?" 

"Me and Luke? Yeah, right. I wish." 

"You like him?" Rose's jaw dropped, but I could tell she was being playful.

"Yeah, little bit. We've been friends since we were kids. It was bound to happen though, right?" Talking to Rose was definitely a stress reliever. The guys were my best friends don't get me wrong, but I rarely ever got to have girl talk like this and Rose made it so easy. 

"He feels the same. It's pretty obvious in the way he looks at you when you guys perform. He's so in love. I think you should tell him." Rose took my hand in hers and gave it a squeeze. 

"I probably won't ever find the right time." I said. "I mean, I'm only 17, I have the rest of forever right?"

"When is any time ever right? Just do it. Tonight is special, you do it tonight." She told me and I nodded and stood up. 

"I'm gonna go wait in the dressing room. I'll tell him before we go on." 

"Let's meet up after the show. We can go get 'street dogs'." Rose said air quoting street dogs. I nodded and made my way back to the dressing room. 

It felt like an hour had gone by and I assumed that someone would be coming to bring us on stage soon. Bobby was drawing in his scrapbook and I was writing new lyrics in my journal. There was a knock on the door and I looked at Bobby confused because the boys weren't back yet. I stood up and opened the door. 

Rose was standing there, a saddened look on her face, "Jade, I am so sorry." 

I didn't have a chance to respond because I noticed the police officer standing behind her. My face dropped and I felt a pit form in my stomach.

"Miss Taylor?" The officer stepped in and Rose stepped in as well to brace me. Bobby appeared next to me and put his arm around my shoulder. As I stood in the middle of Bobby and Rose, the officer proceeded to tell me the worst news I never thought I would hear in my lifetime. My three best friends were gone. Just like that. On what was going to be one of the biggest nights of our lives.

I fell to my knees at the sound of his words, screaming at the pain I felt in my chest as tears started falling down my cheeks. 

seven months later

BREAKING NEWS

October 31, 1995

The last standing member of Sunset Curve was pronounced dead this afternoon after being rushed to the hospital when she was struck by a car on Sunset Boulevard. Jade Devyn Taylor was visiting The Orpheum, the very venue she and her bandmates Alex, Luke and Reggie were set to play seven months ago. Jade was crossing the street when she was struck by a vehicle that ran a red light. 

Jade's bandmates of Sunset Curve died earlier this year on the night that they were headlining The Orpheum. Alex, Luke and Reggie were all three pronounced dead after an extreme case of food poisoning. 

Jade Devyn Taylor was only seventeen and planned on carrying the legacy of Sunset Curve through her music with longtime friend Trevor Wilson. 

Our thoughts go out to their friends and family as we can imagine this has been a tough year for everyone who loved Sunset Curve.

May they all rest in peace. 

yall peep the tattoo in the pic of sabrina🥺

imagine the bad luck that you have to have for your 3 bandmates to die from HOT DOGS and then YOU die from getting hit by a car

thats some bad luck if i ever did see some

anyways yall, welcome to seen

i cant wait

all the love 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 4.4K 39
Charlie's band sunset curve was gonna be legends, that was until they ate some bad hotdogs and ended up dying; now it's 25 years in the future, and s...
219K 7.1K 36
❝ ... π’†π’—π’†π’“π’š π’”π’Šπ’π’ˆπ’π’† π’‘π’Šπ’†π’„π’† 𝒐𝒇 π’šπ’π’–, 𝒏𝒐 π’Žπ’‚π’•π’•π’†π’“ π’‰π’π’˜ π’ƒπ’“π’π’Œπ’†π’, π’Šπ’” π’‚π’ƒπ’”π’π’π’–π’•π’†π’π’š π’ƒπ’†π’‚π’–π’•π’Šπ’‡π’–π’ ... ❞ ─ IN...
113K 1.9K 48
Kayla never asked to join a band, but it was the best decision she ever made. Along with her best friend Alex and new friends Luke and Reggie, Kayla...