πƒπ€ππŒπ€π‚π‡πˆ (ダンまけ) ; sage

By xXMrJBlazeXx2

Published: Nov. 4, 2020 4:22 PM (BEWARE THIS CONTENT CONTAINS INAPPROPRIATE READING) He is forsaken in the pr... More

Prelude I Sage
First I Conviction I Familia
Bell Cranel III Coward
Strength IV
Unrelenting, Argonaut VI
Stable Boy VII
Beauty VIII
Cursed IX
Summary
Hero X

Lili V

232 5 4
By xXMrJBlazeXx2

リリV

MORNING- HESTIA POV

-

After, hearing the news that Bell-kun is safe. The guild took care of him, but no words have gotten back about Sage. And, even though my heart feels less burdened, than I intended. My time was spent elsewhere...until they able wake up.

-

Decorating the weapon shop, with new wood polish, my friend gave me. I realized the tasks she's given today is strenuous and exhausting.

-

Hestia: (whining) Honestly! Is alright if I sit, Hephaestus? My poor feet is killing me!

-

Hephaestus: No chance, Hestia.

-

-

Hestia: Why not? I worked my butt off.

-

Hephaestus: Because I said so! You hardly dusted off the weapon cases, like I told you before. And, still haven't cleaned the glass. Why should I give you a break?

-

Hestia: (crosses her arm) Because I'm your friend-

-

-

Hephaestus: Yes. I heard it many times, but remember, if you don't want to commit to this challenge, Hestia. Then, just return the "knife".

-

Hestia: (shrieks) No!

-

Hephaestus: No? I'm not giving you a free pass this time, Hestia! That blade took a lot of effort to forge.

-

Hestia: I meant that in no offense, Hephaestus. I said "no" because...I don't plan on quitting anytime soon. So, please forget what I said.

-

Hephaestus: Fine, apology accepted...now, get back to work.

-

Hestia: (huffs) ....aw man!

-

AN HOUR LATER- THE GUILD'S MEDICAL CENTER

-

As I arose to start the new morning, my ribs still ached after yesterday. Passing out was not my forte, but it happens. Spotting to see Bell's bedside empty, he already got up and left, without saying a word. Yet, he did leave me a note.

-

MIDDAY- SAGE POV

-

"Dear Sage,

I'm sorry about what happened yesterday, and for leaving you so early. But, I had to take care of some personal matters myself. Please, if you encounter the goddess, don't tell her I got out of bed, she'll start to worry for my sake. 

Sincerely, Bell"

-

Sage: (crumples the paper) Why do those two always run off? I'll never understand.

-

Facing the other side of my room, I noticed a tray of breakfast left there.

-

Sage: He didn't even get the chance to eat. Sad. Let it still be warm, pretty please?

-

Tasting the eggs in my mouth, that someone made for me. It felt soothing.

-

Sage: (happy) Nope, still temperate enough to chew. 

-

Giggling to myself as I stare out the window, to view the birds flying high. I still wanted to train, but in order to do that. I need to recover quickly.

-

Sage: (mutters) Don't get yourself hurt out there, Bell.

-

AFTERNOON- BELL POV

-

Continuing my training inside the dungeon "without his help", I understand Sage hates being left behind, but my time here, can't be sacrificed so measly.

-

Spending a few hours in the caves, killing every monster I've encountered. The crystals I gained were hefty. Meaning I can finally buy that sweet armor with the rabbit insignia.

-

Bell: (soliloquy) Such great armor can't be so easily wasted, I think people just overlook the value of resistance, or the opportunity to improve your skills. Flashiness doesn't assert dominance, only pride. Golden chest pieces hardly prove any worth to me, since they're so expensive. I should use the money, Sage gave me to get that armor. 

-

Bell: Yet, it's really terrible how I'm treating him? I have to do a better job. So, he can buy a weapon also.

-

Sensing a goblin leaping at him, he counterattacks the monster, by ducking before slicing it's stomach. Dropping another crystal. That was the last of them.

-

Bell: (satisfied) I should head back to the surface. I did enough for one day.

-

Gripping his new weapon tightly, Bell adores the runes on the black texture for a solid moment before running to the exit.

-

TIMESKIP- THE PANTHEON 

-

Heading over to the receptionists, I spoke with my trusted friend, Eina Tulle.

-

-

Bell: Hey, Eina! I'm back.

-

Eina: Greetings Bell, you came back pretty early, how did it go?

-

Bell: Errr...rather stressing than I hoped.

-

Eina: What? No Sage Today?!

-

Bell: Sadly, no. His ribs haven't fully healed yet, so I plan on making it up to him somehow. Is he still at the medical bay.

-

Eina: At the moment, no. But, he's requested to give you a reminder.

-

Bell: A reminder? 

-

Eina: Yes, he said to "Meet me at Babel. Where you met Hestia? Did you get that part?

-

Bell: Yeah, the smith shop, the goddess Hephaestus owns. I'll be there. Soon enough.

-

Feeling uneasy at the moment, I sat on the bench as I exhaled in exhaustion.

-

Eina: Hey, are you alright Bell? You seem pretty tired.

-

Bell: I'm fine, not like I was injured or anything. Just fatigued after the dungeon.

-

Eina: Well, have you ever considered hiring a "supporter"?

-

Bell: Supporter? 

-

Eina: A companion who oversees the status of your fights, by bringing in healing materials, extra weapons, etc. They are quite useful, and can save your life...when the time comes to face tougher challenges. I suggest you hire one.

-

Bell: I'll think about it. While Sage is still out, it might be a good time to replace him with someone experienced.

-

Eina: Don't go off replacing your friends, Bell. Remember, what you two been through together? He wouldn't break your trust. Unlike others.

-

Bell: Yea...

-

Tapping the table as the elf, began wondering what's still on my mind. Eina asked.

-

Eina: Hey, Bell.

-

Bell: Hmm...

-

Eina: If you're not at all busy, today. Would you mind hanging out, maybe---errr---around the fountain in about two hours or so.

-

Bell: Sure, I can manage time. Anything for you Eina!

-

Eina: Great! I'll make sure to dress modestly, as I always do!

-

Bell: No doubt about that. See you soon.

-

Eina: Bye, Bell. Stay safe.

-

Exiting the guild, I went over to Babel, to look for Sage. But, first I wanted to check on Syr. To see how she's doing.

-

TIMESKIP- 15 MINUTES LATER

-

Once, I found myself in the alley, with Ryuu and Syr. I discussed with them about the wild gorilla. 

-

Explaining how scary it was, Ryuu seemed unfazed by the idea of that monster.

-

Yet, as I apologized for the intrusion, since they're busy. I turned around to head into the streets before encountering a small prum girl.

-

A intimidating adventurer who was following the poor girl, seemed furious.

-

Stating signs that this may cause trouble, due to the attacker drawing out his blade.

-

Our blades collided as we stood there until Ryuu intervened. Stopping the fight.

-

And, as the mysterious guy ran off towards the open road, I was left with a fragile girl, around the age of 15.

-

Bell: Don't worry, I think that's the last we'll see him. What's your name?

-

???: Lili.

-

Bell: Well, Lili. Can you explain what happened?

-

Lili: The asshole attempted to steal my cut, until you saved me first, umm?

-

Bell: Name's Bell Cranel.

-

Lili: Thank you for saving me, Bell.

-

Bell: No problem. Also, is it fine if I ask you something?

-

Lili: (nervous) Sure?

-

Bell: Do you know of any supporters that may be interested in, errr- working for me? 

-

Pressing my fingers together, I was too shy to ask anyone because they mostly see me in the worst way. But, not Lili.

-

Lili: Absolutely, You're looking at her, Bell!

-

Bell: Wait, you're a-

-

Lili: Yup. I'm a supporter.

-

Bell: Are you willing to aid me, tomorrow? If you're currently on a mission, then--

-

Lili: (yelps) I would love to help you, Bell! 

-

Bell: That's great. I'll meet you at the fountain. Does that work?

-

Lili: Certainly. See you tomorrow.

-

Bell: Bye, Lili.

-

Staring at the short girl, with cluelessness, Bell suspected she was in a big hurry.

-

Bell: Oh...Eina! I almost forgot....

-

Rushing to the fountain, they promised to meet up...she seemed super different.

-

Someone who looks much younger than she----

-

Bell: (feels awkward) Hi, Eina!

-

-

BABEL- EVERYONE

-

While the day progressed into the night, all three of us discussed about our future plans for paying back the smith goddess.

-

Telling Bell, the truth. He was gonna find out sooner or later. The most expensive weapon known in existence....

-

-

Bell: 200 MILLION VALIS!!! 

-

Hestia: Hey, you'll need it anyway. Besides, Hephaestus is teaching me the ropes in terms of having good work ethic.

-

Bell: I should return this...

-

Hestia: It's too late, Bell-kun. The knife is bound with the owner, since my divine blood is sealed with it. That's why you should keep it.

-

Bell: But, we're in so much trouble. 

-

Sage: (correcting) You mean "both of us are in so much trouble"?

-

Hestia: Stuff yourself with a banana, Sage. You're part of this familia whether you like it or not? And, you'll help me from now on, by paying this debt.

-

Sage: Fuck that! I ain't paying nada, this is on you, Hestia. Not me. 

-

Hestia: Ugh! Fine! Well, you guys just chat, or buy something...unlike we could.

-

Hephaestus: Hestia! This floor needs to be dried, immediately.

-

Hestia: Coming! Gosh, I hate my goddess life!

-

Sage: hehe...and don't forget to wax too! 

-

Hestia: (sticks out her tongue) Screw you, Sage! I hope you rot!

-

Stomping her feet as she walks away. Hestia left us alone to discuss about the so-called new member, the supporter.

-

Sage: So, mind telling me who's this newbie?

-

Bell: Ooh, a girl by the name of Lili, she's sweet, and very strong for her age.

-

Sage: Strong?

-

Bell: Yeah, I saw here today near the guild carrying a bagful of items, isn't that amazing?

-

Sage: In terms of how she's able to keep that same mentality without snapping is beyond me, but are you sure this new member can be trusted?

-

Bell: Of course.

-

Sage: You sure? Sticking to your instincts alone is a bad sign, especially for you: who always second guesses himself.

-

Bell: No, I don't. But, anyways...I actually plan on meeting her tomorrow morning. 

-

Sage: (fake grin) Good for you!

-

Bell: Sage? You don't sound very happy.

-

Sage: What are you saying? I'm ecstatic to find my partner, searching for a new replacement. 

-

Bell: I can never replace you, Sage. How can I after everything we've been through?

-

Sage: Hell, maybe, it's because You & Hestia are just sick of seeing me fail. I really don't quite understand why I'm always the "third wheel", you guys leave me alone every time, "oh he'll be fine", or "i'm heading to the dungeon without you". Just please, explain. Why I can't be included in your lives as well. It's not like any legitimate family members to keep me around...it's just....you & Hestia.

-

Bell: Sage?

-

Sage: (saddened) What!

-

Bell: Your eyes? 

-

Having a breakdown in front of Bell, as I felt so ashamed of what I said, I had this notion, to run away. So, I did.

-

Bell: Hold on...Sage! Wait...

-

Sage: (mutters) Why...Why does everyone continue to ignore me?

-

FEW DAYS AFTER SAGE RAN

-

Bell felt so uneasy about today, but he still pressed on. Believing that his friend will return eventually, Hestia also thinks Sage isn't one to escape his problems. Like so, I never see him cry, in an emotional state of mind. 

-

Anyways, proceeding with Lili, into the dungeon. Her affiliation with Soma Familia, became a sullying issue I can't abide. Since, rumors began to spread of how desperate they became. We took the mission to venture in higher levels, even though I can't really fight the monsters alone.

-

But, maybe...with Lili, I can.

-

Lili: Ready to go, Bell?

-

Bell: Yea.

-

Lili: What's wrong? Did something happen?

-

Bell: (lies) Nope. I just encountered a stressing matter. Don't worry about it.

-

Lili: (grins) Kay!

-

Lifting up her heavy nap sack, full of gear. A hooded figure began to follow them from the distance. 

-

-

Bell's Thoughts: I'm not gonna trick Lili, or steal her split of the hunt. I already lost one friend, and I can't lose another.

-

But, as his mind dwells deeper into thought, about his current predicament. The men he's seen with Lili acted suspicious, and more troublesome by the moment.

-

Lili: (excited) We're here! Let's go, Bell!

-

Bell: (sad) Yea.

-

THEIR EX. IN THE DUNGEON/ FLOOR 10

-

Bell: (distressed) Lili! Where did you go? Lili! 

-

Shouting at the top of my lungs...I was surrounded by ogres, goblins, and tougher monsters. Outnumbered by so-many, that I can't count. My mind is racing against the clock, as my situation became dire...life or death

-

Peering between the left forearm guard I wore, I ensured "Hestia Knife" was there. Until...

-

Lili: (heartless) I'm sorry, Bell. This is where we part ways. I can't quite, but appreciate the effort you put in to be a good person. But, to me...you, adventurers are all the same. Farewell.

-

Bell: (shouting) LILI! 

-

I am trapped...  

-

-

Figuring out that my best chance of escape was to use magic 

-

I still possessed a grimoire, so using a spell I am quite familiar, and possibly my favorite.

-

I aimed it at the ogre charging.

-

Bell: FIREBOLT!

-

As the flares directly hit the beast, it went down in one shot.

-

Bell: I only can use but a few rounds.

-

Looking up at the stairs, it was blocked off.

-

More goblins appearing to be a nuisance, they kept leaping at me, as I tossed them aside. Killing those on my back, there were too many...

-

Toppling over me, I finally fell, as they started to hit me repeatedly. Though, when the battle couldn't get possibly worse.

-

The Ogre lifts up the oak tree as it tried to flatten me.

-

Shielding myself as I began to cry. My memories of Sage became fiction as reality finally opens the door, Is this how I'm going to die?

-

Bell: (cries) Please...someone...save me.

-

At my pinnacle moment, when I thought I lost, my friend sacrifices his life, to rescue me from danger.

-

Smacking the staff as hard as he can, the metal stick collided with the ogre's skull, whilst blood and brains splattered, scaring some weak monsters away from the sneak attack.

-

Taking my wrist without saying a word, I continued to ask him questions while we're being chased by the enemy. 

-

Bell: (grateful) Why did you come back?---

-

Sage: Because...You're the nimrod I love! I won't forgive myself if I allowed you to die, here...all alone, Bell. You might've left me, all those times, but I will never leave you. Got it!

-

Bell: (crying) Yea. I'm glad you here, with me. I'm s---

-

Sage: (interrupts) There's no need to apologize, Bell. I made so many wrong choices, that I've regretted all my life. This won't be one of them. 

-

Swinging the staff at a goblins head, turning it into black dust.

-

We both finally reached the exit, as the monsters were occupied trying to get us.

-

Bell: (worried) Sage? Where's Lili?

-

Sage: Oh, her....she got eaten by Killer Ants?

-

Bell: WHAT?

-

Sage: Just kidding, Bell. Follow me. Hurry, your magic is the only way we'll save her. Can you still use it?

-

Bell: Yes, I still can, why?

-

Sage: We gonna blast those son's of bitches sky high!

-

Reaching the area where the thugs left Lili, she became the bait for those damn "termites". A horrible way for someone to die, Bell can stop them.

-

Sage: Bell, start firing! 

-

Beating the heads of each ant got near us, Bell fired shot after shot until they finally were defeated.

-

Cornering the girl that caused so much problems...the pallum must've thought I held a grudge...and to be fair, I did. For a while, but Bell made see it things differently.

-

Lili: (cries) Why! Risk your life to save someone so terrible? I am worthless to you!

-

-

Sage: (showing compassion) That's where you're wrong, Lili-chan... 

-

Bell: "I wanted to save you because you're you. I didn't want you to leave, because you're you. I can't find another reason. I don't need another reason to save you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

572 162 25
Sage grew up living a chaotic life along with his five friends. The six boys aren't normal, but try to live a normal life. Things take a twist when t...
473 40 13
Y/N L/N was an ordinary girl with an extraordinary passion for Demon Slayer. Each night, she found solace in the epic battles and inspiring character...
683K 13.2K 69
After being killed by angry pilot, Y/N landed in the Abyss and meet Four Kings of the Abyss. They made deal with him and reincarnated to Date A Live...
436K 15.5K 161
Kichirou Saiyaku was your average 28-year-old shut-in NEET. The type who locked themselves away to always play video games, watch anime, and read man...