Underwater (a Bates Motel/Nor...

By Sleepysadpoet

//SLOW UPDATES!!! Ridley Sykes was just an innocent high school girl when she moved to White Pine Bay, Oregon... More

Different
Norman
What's his problem?
Norman II
Nice meeting you, Emma
Norman III
Whoever Said Norman Was A Good Guy?
Norman IV
Rumors
Norman V
Hello, Norma
Dylan, You're My Hero
Be My Escape
Norman VI: Learning to Fall
Little Brother
We Aren't All Sunshine And Rainbows....
Family First
Angel with a Pistol
Norman VII
Norman VIII
I Walked Away
Norman IX
My Own Worst Enemy
Norman X
Norman XI: Something's Wrong Here
What have I gotten myself into?
Run
Norman XII
It's Happening Again
Something Sweet
Norman XIII
Norman XIV: A Lunatic's Lament
I Kissed Her
She's Dangerous

Explode

2.6K 70 24
By Sleepysadpoet

Hey, guys, I thought I'd do another Dylan chapter, since you guys love him so much. ;) And I haven't in a while. By the way, if you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to say so. I'm taking requests. Also, could you guys please check out my other account, WalkAlonex? I need opinions on the stories there, as well. Anyways, on to the story.

Edited 4/25/17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xDylanx

"Dylan, have you seen Norman?" Norma walked into the living room, as I was watching American Horror Story.

"No, why?"

"He isn't in his room." She replied. "I thought you'd know because you're close."

"Norma, I don't waste my time stalking my brother." I cracked open the beer next to me, knowing she hates when I drink. I like pissing her off. It's hilarious, her eye twitches, she clenches her fists, and she yells. I don't take her seriously, just laugh at her.

"He could be out doing something stupid, Dylan, you know how he is."

"My brother is not stupid." I stood up and turned to her. "He's seventeen and he wants to live his life. Why don't you understand that? Do you want him to be a mama's boy, living at home until he's fucking thirty years old and has to take care of you, living at home, when he could have a family?"

"I'm your mother, don't you talk to me like that." Norma hissed.

"I'm also twenty three years old, Norma. I can do whatever I want." I lowered my tone. "I want my brother to experience life, not stay inside and slowly die, when he could be doing so much better."

"He can still experience it at school."

"Norma, that's not the same, dammit! He's treated like shit there!" I was getting loud, actually, louder than she was. But it felt good.

Her voice shrank. "I just don't want my boy to get hurt."

"You didn't care if I did." I rolled my eyes. That actually made me hurt a little inside. Norma didn't care what I did, she let me do what I wanted. Most teenagers would have wanted that. But in doing what I wanted, I got myself into deep trouble. Got arrested three times, broke into houses, snuck out and had sex with girls. She didn't ask me where I was when I got home, either, she didn't care. She didn't care about me in the slightest. It was Norman, his dad, and being a stay at home mom that mattered to her. She basically forgot about me if Norman was hurt, or she and his dad fought. I'm over it, I guess, but I hate her for it, at the same time. She never cared about me.

"Dylan, don't start." Norma warned. If it weren't for the fact that a) she's a woman, and b) she's my mom, I'd have kicked her ass by now. She was infuriating me just by looking at me.

"No, Norma, this is ridiculous!" I exclaimed.

"You're being ridiculous. You're twenty three years old, and you're freaking out over something you brought on yourself." She shook her head.

God, this woman makes my blood boil. I mumbled curse words under my breath, reaching in my pocket for a cigarette, and headed outside. I lit it as soon as I walked out the door, pretty much puffing for dear life. It might be a fatal flaw of mine, but at least I'm not fucking crazy like my mom.

Emma walked up to the porch, getting out of her dad's car. "Dylan, you know that'll kill you, right?" She pulled her machine up next to her, putting it on 'brake.' "And if not you, me."

I sighed, taking a hit once more before throwing it down and stomped on it with my boot. "Yeah, yeah, I've been lectured at least fifty thousand times since I started."

"When was it?" Emma coughed.

"I was like sixteen." I said. "I was stupid then."

"If you're still smoking seven years later, you aren't much smarter." (Damn her.) "Dylan, my mother smoked when she had me. Look at me now."

I groaned. "Are you really going to lecture me, or are you going to work, like you're supposed to?"

Emma scoffed. "I'm not here for work, thank you, I'm actually here to tell Norma that Norman was with that Ridley girl last night."

I grabbed her by the collar, which probably wasn't a good idea, to get the point across. "Emma, you're not doing that. Norman deserves a life, dammit. You don't want him to be happy with someone else, do you? Do you really like him that much, Emma?"

She coughed. "L-let me go."

I released her, and she stumbled. "Ridley isn't a bad person. She's the sweetest girl I've ever met."

"She's a bad influence."

"Bad influence? BAD INFLUENCE? Wow, okay. That totally makes sense. Norma's brainwashing you." I shook my head. "You guys are unbelievable. I got to know Ridley and I know she's a good person. She has a big heart. Norman needs someone like her."

And so do I....

I know that she probably only went to me because Norman was gone. But for some reason, I'm bothered by it. It wasn't supposed to turn into anything. She's seventeen. I'm twenty two. I couldn't. And I won't. Norman needs her more than I do. And Ridley's nothing like me. She's quiet, calm, reserved. I blow up immediately when I'm upset. I'd hate to do that to her. And I'm not the kind of guy she should love.

"He's better off with Bradley than with her."

I snapped. "Shut up. Just fucking shut up. Don't even talk about her!"

Norma basically ran out the door. "Don't talk to her like that, Dylan, you should be ashamed of yourself."

"Are you kidding me right now?" I was hysterical. My hands were shaking. "She just told me she wants Norman to be with Bradley!"

Norma laughed. "No she didn't. Emma hates Bradley. Dylan, you know lying doesn't do any good for you."

Emma smiled. "You know I hate her. I want Norman to be happy."

"And besides, if anyone should be with him, it's Emma." Norma smirked.

At that point, I literally had to walk away in fury. I didn't exactly want to strangle my mother and a girl who can't even breathe on her own.

I got in my truck, driving home and immediately, I went inside, pulling at my hair, just hoping I wouldn't hurt someone.

**********************************

It was when I'd finally calmed down that Norman showed up at my door. "Dylan, can we talk for a minute?"

I nodded, letting him inside, even though I was half-tempted to yell at him. "Yeah, sure, what's up?"

Norman looked around the house for a moment before he spoke. "Um, I know you know I was gone.. I'm sure Emma told you where I was, she did stop me when I turned down Irwin, on the way there. I was at Ridley's. Mom made a huge ordeal out of me being with her. I don't get why, is Ridley a bad person?"

I forced a smile, even though it was probably ugly as fuck. "Norma's just- she's overprotective." And crazy, a bitch, annoying, ruthless...

"But I'm almost eighteen. You were doing what you wanted when you were twelve."

Oh, this is more of a 'I wanna know how you get away with this shit,' talk.

"It's called second child syndrome, Norman." I sighed. "You were born second, and you're the youngest, so you're more likely to be attended to. Mom- I mean, Norma, stopped caring about me when you were born. Your dad was okay with me, but he knew I was Caleb's kid, so he didn't try with me. They were so obsessed with you being perfect that I dunno, I guess they forgot me. I would have went to my dad's, but I didn't know who the hell he was. Norman, you have to stand up, fight back. If you don't, you'll bottle it up and you'll explode."

"What if I've already exploded?"

------

So, I was going for a dramatic chapter, to focus more on Dylan and Norman's relationship; I didn't really talk about it much before. I know it isn't fabulous, but I really hope you enjoyed it. I thought I'd change it up a bit. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

594K 21.6K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
198K 10.4K 44
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ค ๐ข'๐ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐ซ๐ข๐ฉ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐ข ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ค๐ž๐ž๐ฉ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๏ฟฝ...
132K 3.6K 54
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...